Smile Hostal Reviews

Travesa do Almada No 12 3DRT, Lisbon, Portugal

We had trouble finding the building, the door was blocked by garages bags+cans.No indication inside the building, no elevator, several flights of stairs. Our room had dirty sheets and dusty furniture as well as a window connecting to that of the living room (no privacy if we wanted our window opened). Finally, at 8am on day 1, we decided to leave. They refused to provide any compensation for day 2 which had been paid. Difficult to get a muffin at 8am because breakfast now offered only at 9am.

very good breakfast, staff very nice,big room

Had a great stay here! It is great value for money and the rooms and breakfast are really nice! Would stay here again!

• 9th Jul 2014

I had a reservation here for a Saturday night. The hostel emailed me 2 NIGHTS in advance to tell me that my room had been double booked and I could not stay there. I had booked 2 months in advance. They said that the reason it was such late notice was that they had been working to find me another place to stay, which they did. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to stay at any random place someone I don't know picks for me. This was the weekend of the Champions League finals in Liboa. Coincidence??

we had a really good time at the smile hostel. breakfast was good and the staff very friendly. smile hostel is definetly the place to stay in lisbon.

• 4th Feb 2014