Smile Society Reviews

130/3-4 Silom Soi 6, Silom Road, Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

Lovely hostel, 30 second walk from a convenience store, daily night market, loads of food stalls. Good access to fast wifi. You get a key card to get in the main building, then again to get upstairs, and again into your room, so it's very secure. Beds come with big lockers. The owner is very friendly and helpful. The only thing I would say is that all the other staff don't really speak English which can be a little difficult at times. A great place to stay!

Great place to meet new friends, great free breakfast, and it's quiet enough to actually sleep.

the excellent security system makes a little bit inconvenient.

A great staff made this hostel wonderful. Great recomendations and a real family feel. Went out of their way t make sure I had evrything I needed.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Very good place for a touch down in Bangkok. Great and easy to follow instructions on how to get there were highly appreciated. Also fab for meeting fellow solo travellers!

The hostel was great! The location is just excellent! Close to the subway, close to Chinatown, close to night markets! Silom has a bustling nightlife and you can find lots of street vendors close to the hostel))) We stayed 4 days and enjoyed a lot! The stuff is amazing: very helpful at all times! It's the best place to live if you want to see the real Bangkok: crazy

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Ukraine

Great Hostel to stay in. The location is great rift in the centre of Bangkok and the hostel is really clean due to a no-shoe-policy in the living area. The staff was really friendly and helpful. Overall a great experience.

Lovely hostel, great location. Felt super secure (cardsystem for the doors). Nice living room to meet other travellers. Def. a place to stay in Bangkok.

The direction given to get to the hostel was very easy to navigate and you can still get a peaceful night sleep as the hostel is located inside an easy to enter alley. The bed was really comfortable and the place (bathroom and toilet as well) was really clean as the cleaners frequently clean the place. Also, they would make up your bed everyday (a first comparing to the rest of the hostels that I've stayed in). A plus point would be the lady receptionist who was so helpful and friendly!

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Singapore

Very friendly staff, clean hostel, good wifi connection, nice hostel for meeting other travelers. I had a great time here. Whenever I pass by Bangkok again I would stay here!

I absolutely loved staying at Smile Society. It was within 5 minute walking distance to 3 subway stations. The hostel owner was friendly and helped us grab a cab. It was very clean (clearly cleaned several times a day) and you had you're own large locker to store your things. Additionally, she let us stay and shower after we checked out. 10/10 will stay again!!!

In the business district so kinda far to the sites but easy access to sky train and subway. Super friendly staff and everything was cleaned really well. Breakfast isn't worth it but I guess if it's included its not terrible, for me it was not and I got street food for breakfast instead. Much yummier!

Best hostel I stayed at so far. The staff is really friendly and can give you good advice on what to see, how to travel etc.

I really love this hostel. Everything was very clean and well kept. The free Continental breakfast included in the rate was the icing on top of the cake. Bee (the one in the reception) was also very friendly and helpful. I will recommend this place to my friends.

I can't fault this hostel and I would definitely stay here again. The ladies who own it are so helpful. The atmosphere is chilled and breakfast is good. When I was leaving the staff gave me a free breakfast to take away for my coach journey. Thank you Smile Society!!

Peace in the middle of all of Bangkok's craziness. Breakfast is pretty filling, wifi works great, and the owner has lots of tips about where to go and how to get there. There is also a nice common room with couches and a tv. A great place for meeting other travelers.

great hostel, very clean, the owners are very helpful and friendly, nice People, good breakfast, next to skytrain Station.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Austria

Everything was perfect, from A to Z. The place is very safe and very clean and the staff is very nice; what could you ask more?

• 28th Aug 2014

This hostel turned around my thoughts of Bangkok. The location was fantastic, a few steps form a 7/11, 5 minutes walking to the BTS station, many restaurants, street food, and a nightly market. The owner was very helpful, always offering inside tips of how to avoid getting scammed. The hostel was extremely clean, good AC, and the bathrooms were spotless. Very secure, requiring a key card to enter any room. I loved this hostel!

I had a wonderful stay at Smile Society. The woman who runs the place is very friendly and eager to offer tips and information about exploring Bangkok. I felt safe because you sleep behind 3 locked doors. Its location is good--conveniently just a 5 minute walk to the SkyTrain station which I used to get all over the city. It's a bit far from Kho Saan Road though, of that's what you're after. Anyway, a great experience! Comes highly recommended.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4