Smile Society Reviews

130/3-4 Silom Soi 6, Silom Road, Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

very clean and safe. had a wonderful stay! very friendly staff and the hostel is located near the skytrain! will come here again

Friendly staff, great location, fast Internet, clean and reasonable price. Couldn't ask for more!

• 16th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

My third time staying at this hostel! The owners are lovely, the location is great and it's very clean!

The internet consistently goes out. To fix this, the router is reset, but it's not a long term solution because the internet just goes out again later on. Plus it's kind of annoying because then you have to log in again. Otherwise the place is not bad.

I enjoyed my time here, it's clean and friendly. Not all staff speak English but the staff always contacted someone who spoke English for me to answer any questions. Will definitely stay again if opportunity arises. Right in the heart of all the markets going on and sky train an easy 10 minute walk to catch!

Awesome stay! Ms. Bee was like a mom creating an environment that made us feel comfortable and at home, she even packed us breakfast when we had to leave early for excursions. We booked an excursion to the wrong city and noticed the day of but it was no problem and our money was refunded. When it came to getting around the city she was a wealth of knowledge. The room was spotless and the bathrooms are cleaned twice a day. I highly recommend it and look forward to visting in the near future.

The staff was incredibly helpful at Smile Society! Our rooms were perfectly clean and the AC worked well. We appreciated all the help the staff gave us, from providing directions in Thai to the hostel in case we became lost (to show to a taxi/tuk tuk driver) to coordinating an early-morning cab for us and making us a to-go breakfast for the road. Thank you Smile Society!

Fantastic hostel, I would definitely recommend you stay here. I was here to do a visa run for Myanmar and it is ideally situated in the Silom district. Silom itself is a nice neighbourhood, less crazy than khaosan. Staff are also excellent, very helpful and knowledgeable. It is also one of the cleaner places I have stayed it. Very well run.

Nice Hostel, Central location, near skytrain! Clear and the people friendly!

Fantastic location and staff! We stayed in the private room, that was clean, with small fridge, TV, wifi, A/C. Hostel is 10 minutes from any location in the city - by foot, tuk tuk or sky train. Owner is friendly and helpful. We highly recommend this hostel!

Smile society is in a really great location and was a handy base for a few days in Bangkok. It's 5 minutes walk from the BTS station and very close to plenty of evening entertainments (food, shopping and red light district - if you're so inclined). There's a small communal area on the 1st floor which was good to meet other travellers at - I wouldn't say there were any standout facilities, but the hostel provided a clean and comfy stay

Was very happy with the location only a few minutes from the Sky Train BTS, Metro MRT, local buses markets shops and nightlife. Staff were very helpful answered any questions and was very welcoming. Would recommend and stay again. BIG thanks to Bee and Nid X, and the Roti and recipe tastes MMMMMmmmmm.... :)

The current description is simply false: There are neither lockers, nor roof top terrace, nor restaurant and the "outdoor terrace", "green lung" and "garden" boil down to a porch with some plants and barely space to sit. The common room is dark and windowless, not very ideal to get to talk to others. The bright white room on the pictures is just for breakfast and stuffed with aquariums and the like. Staff is friendly, but it was altogether too dark and off my expectations/the descriptions

Very clean place.comfortable beds.great wifi.convenient very close to the bts.Bee the owner was very helpful in giving us great advice about which places to go to.I ended up extending my stay.this is just a great place to unwind.

Great stay! Good location close to the sky train. The private room was great for us.

• 7th Mar 2015

I really loved this hostel, the owner could not of been any better, she was amazing, helped you with anything. there was a great atmosphier in the hostel, lots of solo travellers from all over the world which made it really easy to make new friends. the hostel is located 2 mins from Patpong market, and about a 5 min walk to the Sky Train and about 10 mins from the metro which made it easy to get around, id 100% stay here again

This hostel was great! I had the double private ensuite which gave me lots of sleeping room, a private bath and breakfast included. All areas were impeccably clean and my room was cleaned daily. The staff was great and went above and beyond to help me! The location was great, right off a Main Street so it's easy to grab a taxi or tuk tuk and the nearest train station was a short walk. I felt very safe walking even late at night. There's no elevator and it is a very quiet place to stay. 5 stars!

Everything excellent, especially the staff!

Lovely place. Smile...

• 23rd Feb 2015

the location is very good, easy to take metro,BTS,and bus. And the staff are very friendly, they helped us a lot.

• 22nd Feb 2015