Smile Society Reviews

130/3-4 Silom Soi 6, Silom Road, Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

The manager spoke great English and was very helpful-just a shame there aren't more of her! The staff spoke no English and we found it very difficult to communicate, especially when trying to check out and get a security deposit back before heading to the airport.

I had a wonderful stay here. Got plenty of help booking tours, getting ideas for things to do for the day and enjoyed great conversation with the hostel owner. The hostel was immaculately clean and there were no surprises. My bed was made up every day for me, and for 120B my laundry was done on short notice before my flight the next day. Breakfast was great, especially the banana bread muffins. Fantastic location next to metro, BTS, 7/11. Thanks for a wonderful stay, I look forward to returning.

• 12th Dec 2014

We were 3 girls staying here 3 nights, our only reason for staying in Bangkok was shopping and this hostel was walking distans to the big mals like MBK and Platinum, a big market and the skytain just around the corner of the hostel. Helpful staf and very clean rooms. A good breakfast and they even gave us breakfast to go when we whent to the airport early. If i ever go back to Bangkok i will stay at this hostel again!

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

The hostel is a really good option to stay in Bangkok as it is in a business district with a lot of shops and night markets and it is close to the Skytrain. The 8-bed-dorm was really clean and the zircon worked properly. The shared toilet and the shower were kept really clean. The woman running the place is very nice and well organized. The only down side was that the electricity in the room works with the key card and when you leave the room you can't leave your phone etc to charge.

Awesome place to stay in Bangkok, the location is great, everything is super convenient. The lady who works in the check-in is super helpful

• 7th Dec 2014
  • China

Very friendly manager, perfect stay!

The hostel was so clean, safe, and homey. Bee is like your mom away from home who was there to take care of you and make sure your stay was comfortable. She helped us organize what to do in Bangkok, hailed us taxis and spoke to them in thai, and was just so accommodating in general. After our stay, we left our glasses there accidentally and she even called our next hotel to let us know that she found them. She is so sweet!

Close to the BTS, clean, free breakfast. Good value for money, definitely worth it. However, they ask you to pay 150 baht to use the facilities after you've checked out (including 20 baht to use the bathroom), so if you have a long stay in the city on your day of check-out maybe think about somewhere that will let you hang out, use the bathroom, etc. for free which a lot of other hostels seem to do!

Loved my stay here! Staff were so helpful and kind - they even packed me an early breakfast for my early morning tour! Thanks for the hospitality guys :)

Best staff I have met so far. Super polite and helpful. Managed Taxi and breakfast-to-go in the middle of the night at our day of check-out. Wonderful and highly recommended. Thanks

• 20th Nov 2014

The staff is remarkably helpful with organizing trips and making sure you're getting to where you're going efficiently. She would always tell us how much it should cost to get to a certain place so that we would not be ripped off by a taxi or tuk tuk driver. I would definitely stay here again if I return to bangkok.

• 19th Nov 2014

Smile Society is a quiet place offering a very clean environment. Bee (the owner) is very helpful and considerate of the needs of her clients. Breakfast time offers a perfect setting for meeting people. The clientele is composed of long time travellers and a great deal of sharing happens at the breakfast table. If you are looking for a place to get a good night sleep, this is were you want to stay. Cheers! Amagi Patrick

Great place to stop. The staff are brilliant carn,t do enough to help you out. The sky train and metro are very close so can get to everything you want. Had a Great time Thanks again.

• 17th Nov 2014

Overall I was really happy with my stay and I would definitely recommend this hostel to people! The one complaint I had was about the rack for the shoes; since it's a closed container, it gets really smelly in there and that kind of air can cause bacteria to grow on shoes. I would really suggest finding a cleaner solution to where to keep everyone's shoes.

Had a great stay in this hostel. It's a great location - very close to a BTS station, lots of restaurants and convenience stores in the area and right near a nightly market. The owner is very friendly and helpful and can give you lots of tips on things to see and do in Bangkok as well as how not to get ripped off! The free breakfast is nice as well. Will definitely stay here again!

One of the cleanest and nicest hostels I've ever stayed in! Comfortable bed, large locker, reliable internet, super-clean bathroom/shower, super-kind staff. Highly recommend.

Not a huge area for people to hang out and meet but SUPER clean hostel and great AC. Also quiet if you need a good nights rest (not a party hostel). The woman who runs it was SO helpful. She gave us great ideas of what to do and how to get there. Easy to get to from airport if you follow directions online. A great first stop in Bangkok.

• 11th Nov 2014

MAIN DESK EXTREMELY HELPFUL WITH THINGS TO DO AND HOW TO GET SOMEWHERE. HOWEVER, OTHER STAFF/YOUNG GIRLS IN THE MORNING/BREAKFAST DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH, SO NOT VERY HELPFUL OR RESPOND AT ALL TO ANY QUESTIONS, SOMETIMES TO THE POINT THEY IGNORE IF YOU ARE AT LEAST TRYING TO COMMUNICATE.

Positive: Its easy to reach all the main activities in bangkok. Great location. Negative: CRAZY restrictions. Everything is forbidden: Don't talk aloud after 10pm Beverage are available only till 10pm don't know ring twice no extra bread at breakfast take off your shoes no visits Plus the bedroom was extremely small and the bathroom was very small too. Overall it seems you are arriving to a family house rather than a hostel.

Bee (Front Desk) is very helpful when you ask her questions where to go and how to get there. She gives you detailed info on how much it should cost so you don't get scammed by taxi drivers & long boats. Location was great w/easy access to public transit. Driving instructions provided in Thai so taxi drivers know where exactly to drop you off. Beds and washrooms were very clean. Not a party hostel by any means so if youre looking for a quieter hostel for good nights sleep & fast WiFi -stay here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5