Smile Society Reviews

130/3-4 Silom Soi 6, Silom Road, Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

Excellent facilities, yummy breakfast, hostel owner was extremely helpful when my friends and I got into difficulty involving a travel agency scam.

Nice hostel, in a very good location because it is close to the sky train so everything is easy to get to. The woman that runs the hostel was helpful but could also be quite rude sometimes but other than that the hostel is fine. Doesn't deserve the high rating it has on hostel world but I found out during my stay that they are offering 100baht to people that will give them a 100% review.

• 11th Jun 2015

Really awesome hostel - located right near the business district in Bangkok. BTS is close as are a variety of markets. Was very impressed with how secure this hostel was and didn't ever worry about my belongings. I chose this hostel for my last few nights during the conclusion of my 6 week backpacking trip and I couldn't be happier with the choice.

Great little hostel in Silom district. Spotlessly clean, secure and good sized rooms with decent sized lockers and little touches like light and power socket above your head in each bed. Could do laundry and they provided breakfast. Good location for sky train and MRT and lots of night markets and food markets on your doorstep - would return!

Awesome stay! Highly recommended. Nice to have a place to stay with AC after a long day in the sun

• 8th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Quite good location but far from good night life. The lady who owns the place is so lovely and she speaks great English

This is very well located within walking distance for the sky train, linking you in to the rest of Bangkok. I got a taxi from the airport and the driver had no problems finding the location. For those who would like to go the night market is on the next street, with dancing girl bars lining each side, and for those who have different iterest the gay bars are a few streets away and quite popular from10pm onwards. Our Hostel host was amazing, providing superb local knowledge and top tips.

The hostel is great and the staff is very nice and friendly... Is amazing how clean is the hostel. As I mentioned to the owner, I believe they need to add more communal area, just a sofa and a TV don't always do the trick. Location is also one of the big plus, since is 5 minutes walk to the BTS station. The only reason I rate facilities as good and not excellent is because is a 4 story building, and reaching the 4th floor with a heavy backpack using the stairs is not always great.

Spent a really nice week in the hostel! The staff was fantastic and always available! They organised a tour to see the floating market and tigers which was really nice!

Couldn't have asked for more, very friendly and very helpful, nothing was any trouble

• 26th May 2015

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at after many backpacking stints. The facilities are perfect. Rooms are quiet but you are welcome to use the common area all night long, and there a large enough buffer to the rooms that noise isn't a problem. The owner is so ridiculously accommodating and helpful. Will 100% stay here again in future trips to Bangkok!

I have no complaints about my stay at Smile Society! It was clean and very comfortable and the lady who runs it is very sweet. It's conveniently close to the BTS line, which is helpful when coming from the airport, but not super conveniently close to tourist attractions like the Grand Palace and Khao San Street. It is close to plenty of food options and National Stadium/surrounding attractions though. Would recommend staying here, great value for the money!

The pictures are a little misleading as the hostel doesn't exactly look like that. Breakfast takes a long time to get, didn't even get mine one morning after waiting 20 minutes. The washing machine was out of order so I didn't get to do laundry. They're also very uptight about anyone taking pictures in the hostel which I found a little strange.

• 21st May 2015

This hostel is in a ideal location as it's so close to the sky train. The staff are incredibly friendly and can help you plan your stay in Bangkok so you don't miss out on anything. The hostel is very clean and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here over and over again. Thank you for a great stay!!

The room we stayed in was cool/cold when we needed and the beds were comfortable. The hostel itself was great and the staff very friendly. I would be happy to stay here again next time I am in Bangkok. I don't have anything to complain about at all.

Very good for a quiet place to stay, but still close to the action in Silom. Very close to the BTS Skytrain which is very helpful. All dorms are air conditioned and the whole place was very clean. Staff were helpful and there was lots of advice on things to do around Bangkok.

• 8th May 2015

I specifically chose Smile Society based on its quiet location, and that's exactly what I got. Guests are encouraged to be quiet on residential floors, there is tight security, and big storage lockers that can fit most standard backpacks. The staff was amazing, though not always around (but quick to answer emails), recommending places to go and arranging taxi rides when needed. I would recommend Smile Society to anyone looking to stay in Bangkok!

Rooms and toilets are clean, good location& accommodating staff. i like the common area where you can relax and meet other guests. the owner was incredibly helpful for directions, and recommends places to visit or to eat. I will definitely recommend this place to my friends who wants to visit Bangkok. :)

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

Wonderful stay. Thank you. Our home in Bangkok

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

Great start for my Southeast Asia trip! I do not have a stayed in another hostel in Bangkok, so I cannot compare it, but I really liked the Smile Society hostel. It was really clean, the staff was nice, the location quiet, but seemed pretty central, and it had everything from a nice common room to computers, TV, beverages and breakfast.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5