Smile Society Reviews

130/3-4 Silom Soi 6, Silom Road, Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

Loved my stay here! Staff were so helpful and kind - they even packed me an early breakfast for my early morning tour! Thanks for the hospitality guys :)

Best staff I have met so far. Super polite and helpful. Managed Taxi and breakfast-to-go in the middle of the night at our day of check-out. Wonderful and highly recommended. Thanks

• 20th Nov 2014

Smile Society is a quiet place offering a very clean environment. Bee (the owner) is very helpful and considerate of the needs of her clients. Breakfast time offers a perfect setting for meeting people. The clientele is composed of long time travellers and a great deal of sharing happens at the breakfast table. If you are looking for a place to get a good night sleep, this is were you want to stay. Cheers! Amagi Patrick

Had a great stay in this hostel. It's a great location - very close to a BTS station, lots of restaurants and convenience stores in the area and right near a nightly market. The owner is very friendly and helpful and can give you lots of tips on things to see and do in Bangkok as well as how not to get ripped off! The free breakfast is nice as well. Will definitely stay here again!

One of the cleanest and nicest hostels I've ever stayed in! Comfortable bed, large locker, reliable internet, super-clean bathroom/shower, super-kind staff. Highly recommend.

Not a huge area for people to hang out and meet but SUPER clean hostel and great AC. Also quiet if you need a good nights rest (not a party hostel). The woman who runs it was SO helpful. She gave us great ideas of what to do and how to get there. Easy to get to from airport if you follow directions online. A great first stop in Bangkok.

• 11th Nov 2014

MAIN DESK EXTREMELY HELPFUL WITH THINGS TO DO AND HOW TO GET SOMEWHERE. HOWEVER, OTHER STAFF/YOUNG GIRLS IN THE MORNING/BREAKFAST DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH, SO NOT VERY HELPFUL OR RESPOND AT ALL TO ANY QUESTIONS, SOMETIMES TO THE POINT THEY IGNORE IF YOU ARE AT LEAST TRYING TO COMMUNICATE.

Positive: Its easy to reach all the main activities in bangkok. Great location. Negative: CRAZY restrictions. Everything is forbidden: Don't talk aloud after 10pm Beverage are available only till 10pm don't know ring twice no extra bread at breakfast take off your shoes no visits Plus the bedroom was extremely small and the bathroom was very small too. Overall it seems you are arriving to a family house rather than a hostel.

Bee (Front Desk) is very helpful when you ask her questions where to go and how to get there. She gives you detailed info on how much it should cost so you don't get scammed by taxi drivers & long boats. Location was great w/easy access to public transit. Driving instructions provided in Thai so taxi drivers know where exactly to drop you off. Beds and washrooms were very clean. Not a party hostel by any means so if youre looking for a quieter hostel for good nights sleep & fast WiFi -stay here!

The owner of the hostel is so helpful and friendly! She will do anything she can to make you feel welcome and enjoy your stay. I had 2 early mornings and both times there was a breakfast bag packed for me and waiting at reception. Hostel was very clean and dorm rooms even when full didn't feel crowded. Good location near skytrain and plenty of restaurants and shops near by.

The host "Bee" is super friendly and sweet. Her english is pretty good and she is always generous in giving us good advice. We chose the room type of standard 3 bed private. The room is a bit small but very clean and lovely for us. We check-out in the early morning for the last day in Bangkok, Bee was still personally coming out and saying goodbye to us and she even prepared a bag full of food for us as breakfast, that really impressed us a lot! Thank you so so much for being this kind, my Bee.

A really great stay here, everything is on your doorstep. breakfast is decent whilst not being huge. I had an auspicious start as it was B-s birthday and the girls were out and the laundry attendant didn't speak English. Also I missed getting my vietnam visa done as I had to wait until 9.30am to extend my stay as neither of the girls arrived until then each day. Wifi was awkward hence facilities low score. Would not work with Google Chrome on Samsung galaxy S3. Would stay again.

This hostel was ok, nothing more and nothing less. We paid a little extra for a window in our room, this was pointless because we looked directly up against a wall that blocked the daylight from coming in. I did not really like the area of the hostel (a lot of touristic restaurants, people asking you to come to pingpong shows, etc.), but it was reasonably close to the skytrain so you can easily get around. The owner of the hostel was direct but friendly.

Nice hostel...very clean. The woman who runs it is so friendly and helpful with advice on Bangkok. I fly in to DMZ and out of BKK and I found it very easy to travel between both airports and the hostel. Definitely recommend!

• 1st Nov 2014

Returned a second time to this great hostel. Location is ideal. Close to lots of street food, restaurants, Myanmar embassy, night market, Skytrain and MRT station. Staff help organise travel plans. Breakfast fills you up for ages. Rooms and bathroom are clean and well maintained. Nice hang out area.

Great Hostel, I had a great time, and the lady who works in the reception, and who I think is rhe owner of the hostel is such a gentle soul, that makes you never wanna leave the place! She is great to give advices on things to do, and how to do. I totally recomend it.

Bee is the best host you could ask for. 5 min walk to sky train. Lovely and clean with a great communal area to meet people. Would definitely stay here again when back in Bangkok. Thanks bee and all the staff!

Great location, clean, comfortable beds and better breakfast than most places. the staff is amazing providing excellent directions and tips for how best to get around.

Staff is very helpful, smiley and pleasant

Great location & service!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5