Smile Taipei Reviews

Ln. 208, Sec.3 Chengde Rd., Datong Dist, details will be sent, Taipei, Taiwan

Great staff! Comfortable beds, good kitchen, bathrooms and common area with a tv. Close to metro and lots of food! Just one issue - at night the whole place was swarming with mosquitos.

Rey and Peter are amazing!! Their hostel is one of the best I've ever stayed in. Is home far away from home. And they will provide you every info you need to get the best from Taipei and Taiwan!!! I'll go back there for sure if I'm in Taipei again!!!!

This is a great hostel in which Ray (the owner) will help you with absolutely anything. Convenient MRT stop and plenty of shops and restaurants around.

I stayed a night in this nice small hostel. Clean and comfortable bunk beds. It is in a residential apartment building so a little hard to find, but the emailed map and directions in English are very good. Very convenient to get to from the airport via bus. Peter and Ray were very helpful and can speak English well.

I had a great time at this hostel! The location is perfect: 5-10 minutes from the subway and expo park with a local night market and some cool temples just around the corner. It had a nice common room area. Ray and Peter were awesome and always willing to give advice and information on what we should see, do, or eat. The only negatives I had were that the walls were a bit thin and the bathrooms sometimes had a bit of a weird smell.

Really enjoyed our stay here; the staff we're very friendly and the location is good also!

Ray and Peter are super friendly! I enjoyed very nice conversations with them and they made my stay very pleasant. The location is also very convenient and is clean. I have stayed there multiples times since. 10/10!

It was awesome. Best guest house ever :) Especially, staff were very nice and kind ! I'd love to come visit again someday :)

• 15th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Best place I stayed in Taipei.

Ray and Peter are great & helpful. Peter was the main person to help me. He took me out to a local breakfast place very close by, which I could not have done by myself since there was no English menu. He also called a friend of his to help me understand the baseball schedule & how to buy tickets (though I did not end up going). The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. They even allowed me to store my luggage there while I went to the south for a few days and keep my valuables in a locker.

Smile Taipei is very accommodating and helpful. I would definitely stay there again the next time I'm in Taipei.

• 18th Jun 2015

Really enjoyed the stay, thanks :))

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

The staff Ray and Peter were very hospitable and accommodating. The location of Smile hostel to us was very good. It was mere walking distance to the Taipei metro station. Finding food wasn't hard as there was a night market with delicious foods just nearby. convenience stores were also walking distance. Facilities at the hostel was great with common pantry, laundry area as well as internet connection was awesome !

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

It was a great choice to choose your hostel for our stay during our trip to taipei. Ray and Peter are very helpful and friendly guys!

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Great place to stay, though a bit quiet overall. Night market just around the corner is also open in the mornings. Short walk to the red line MRT just north of the city center. Very clean, great staff. Staff will ask you to sign an additional document that sounds suspicious but is actually exactly what they say it is, so don't worry about it. Kitchen and other facilities are also great.

Very welcoming and friendly staff! The entire area was nice and clean and there were so many nice things offered such as free tea and coffee.

great place. will definitely revist.

This hostel is one of the best I've stayed. Comfy beds, nice spacious common area and dorms, the location is good, staff are helpful and friendly. I'd stay again.

Perfect place with a great location! Nice owner and friendly people.

This is the owner's rented out home that's been converted into a guesthouse. Super friendly workers who were very helpful. He even gives you a headlamp to sleep with, and the location is perfect.