Smile Taipei Reviews

Ln. 208, Sec.3 Chengde Rd., Datong Dist, details will be sent, Taipei, Taiwan

I was a bit disappointed by the poor cleanliness of the showers and kitchen. I also found the stay a bit impersonal, but it might be because there were too many visitors. This hostel is not located near famous touristic centers, however, it is not too far from the metro station, near a small night market and close to 2 temples.

空港線のバス停から直ぐで荷物があっても大丈夫です。スーパーや夜市も近くとても便利でした。ゲストは日本人より西洋人が多いです。また機会があれば泊まりたいです。

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Japan

Ray is a great host and can help you with everything you need to know about Taipei! The hostel is a really nice place and has many public spaces to meet!

• 1st Sep 2014

There would not habe been any better place to start my semester abroad in Taipei. Made so many new friends there, found roommates for my new flat and Ray is an amazing host!

• 30th Aug 2014

everything is good. the place is very clean, especially the washroom. there is hair dryer provided. the only unprefect thing is the matress which is too soft and thin.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

Our stay in Smile Hostel was the best in comparison to others in Taiwan. Ray is incredibly friendly and helpful host and we felt like at home. Hostel is very clean and everything you need is right there. Simply nothing to add!

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Poland

I've never stayed in a place where the owner spent an hour helping someone (me) buy train tickets by sitting on the computer to book & walking down to Family Mart to print and purchase in the middle of the night. Ray really came through for us in a pinch, and this was just one of many small favors I saw him do for so many of his guests without any grumbling whatsoever. Ray is the embodiment of customer service and super nice guy, too. Very clean, great location! Walls are thin, though, so...

Great place to stay for backpackers and travelers. Short walking distance from metro station. Lots of eating place around the vicinity, do keep a lookout while in our way to the hostel. For breakfast, I recommending the one next to eco-coffee). The environment is very comfortable and you will feel safe and secured staying there. The staff constantly ensure that the hostel is clean at all times and ensure everyone are well taken care of. Nice and friendly staff, Mr Ray. Thank you so much =)

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

There is no private bathroom. all those rooms in the same level share bathrooms. to have a bath, we have to pass by the sitting room where a lot of people gather, which makes us feel no privacy and uncomfortable. the worst thing is that people in the sitting room are still talking and laughing even after midnight. the room is not sound-proofing, we cannot sleep well.

...about the room you booked...it is Double Bed Private w/Public Bath. so...it is public bath. We do have another room type "Double Bed Private Ensuite" ===== I am sorry for that the other guests still talking and laughing after midnight. If you told me, I would like to ask them to be quiet. I am really sorry.

The hostel is spacious and clean, with good facilities provided. The owner, Ray, is very friendly and helpful. He chat with me and other travellers at night and sharing some delicious local beer with us. Would certainly choose this hostel if I visit Taipei again!

Location was just a short walk from Yuanshan station. Going to Taoyuan airport is quite easy also, can take bus from the MRT station. Surroundings have nothing much, just some convenience store and small restaurants, but Shilin Night Market is just a station away (you can't walk there- too far). Ray (owner) was extremely friendly and helpful. However toilet and bathroom facilities can be improved... can get smelly in a short while. Whole hostel is about 3 floors, no elevators.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

Can Confirm Ray comments below. All are true. This hotel has high ratings for a reason.

• 12th Aug 2014

Ray was very nice. He speaks Japanese,too. close to MRT station . I did not feel scare at 23:00. clean hostel. a lot of cheep restrant around there. 24h supermarket and bus stop to touen airport were close,too. thanks Ray! see you again!

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Japan

We had a really great time here. The staff is very friendly. It is a really nice atmosphere. The rooms are nice and the aircon is new and worth it. The location is in a really authentic area, far off from any other hotel but close to the MRT and a nice night market. Just: Go there!

Very good, I love it.

Such an amazing place to stay at! 2 minute walk from the MTR station, and easy to access to anywhere you want. Inside is such an amazing place to live in. The staff helped us with bringing the luggages upstairs so that we don't have to do it ourselves. Good people, good and clean rooms for us to use. I'd love to stay at this place again if I ever come back for a visit in taipei.

I'm at the end of a trip through SE Asia, and while I've stayed at some great hostels, this one blows them all out of the water. Ray is a wonderful host and every guest is treated like family. The location is perfect, right on the airport shuttle route and close to a metro station. Coffee, tea, and loads of other food is free, and Ray has a plethora of local goodies to share with everyone. Best hostel I've stayed at (hands down!).

Large room, friendly atmosphere, very kind host. 5 min walk from nearest metro station and easy access to facilities.

I had a great stay there.

Everyone who wrote a review wouldn't stop talking about Ray, the host. Rest assured, all the nice comments he got are well deserved! I was rather pleased with my stay at Smile Taipei. Pay attention to Ray's directions as the place might be tricky to find. The wifi at the top floor is weak and it can be annoying at times. Might want to request for lower floors if you're a net junkie like me.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4