Smile Taipei Reviews

Ln. 208, Sec.3 Chengde Rd., Datong Dist, details will be sent, Taipei, Taiwan

great environment with perfect staff, will definitely stay again!!

If you have back problems, you should be aware that the beds are lumpy and hard. Other than that, I have had several wonderful stays at this hostel.

The common area is pretty cool to meet new people and to chat with other travelers. Next time in Taipei, staying there again!

Really nice hostel run by nice staff. Great location, close to metro and easy to find ( entrance door is a bit small but it is right next to a dry cleaner ).Confucian temple, Night market, supermarket, convenience store and eateries within walking distance. Good spacious dorm room with good beds, good amenities ( though cleaning of exhaust fan needs to be addressed as it gets very muggy in the shower ), free shampoo and soap, good kitchen. Overall great and planning on going back.

A little bit difficult to find…but staffs here are really nice and sweet. The room is like dorm, small but comfortable to stay. The One Piece models in the living room are so cute!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • China

good but not pressive. i mean just providing you with a cozy space to sleep. owner is friendly.

All top marks! Ray was an excellent host and made my stay very comfortable. I stayed in the 4-bed dorm, which was bright and spacious. The facilities were clean and the setup of everything was perfect. Western toilets, comfy beds, and great wifi. The location was excellent with Yuanshan MRT a short walk away and a market right around the corner. It was easy to take the bus from TPE airport, but when the Kulun St. is announced, get up so the driver knows to stop. Stop searching and book now. :-)

在微笑台北住的幾天很開心 ,主人ray 很好人 我因為飛機晚點啦!要清晨才到達,但ray 卻一直再等著我,而且他們家的安全不錯。 如果你是想要像住酒店的感覺,那就請你不要選hostel ,因為這裡是想住在宿舍,會有點像一大幫朋友在一起的feeling 這裡離捷運圓山站也很近,兩個路口而已,附近還有全家和7-11 有機會,我還是會選微笑台北來住

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

nice stay^ _ ^

Ray has an intern working in the hostel. Ray got him to help me carry my luggage to the bus stop. Excellent service. Actually this hostel is only 6 mins from the Taipei main station. Carrefour is 20 mins walk away. I highly recommend this place.

Good value for the money, Ray was kind and helpful though it can be hard to find the entrance. The area is close to a night market and there is a metro stop nearby. A small complaint about the smell in the shoe area when you first walk in the door other than that we had a great time and would stay again.

A nice, very well maintained hostel runned by a young family. Calm and relaxed atmosphere. It suits me. I

Sorry for a late review. I had a great time at the hostel. It made my first visit to Taiwan super enjoyable! I loved danbing! I will be back!

整体还不错,就是公共浴室用起来稍麻烦,虽然能看到身材很棒的人,但是女孩子去那边就有点不方便了,老板很热情,有指导可以去哪边玩和吃,地点离捷运站很近,就是门面有点不起眼容易错过

• 19th Jun 2014
  • China

Good location, right near Dalong NIght Market, and the nearest metro station is a 5-10 minute walk away. Our private double bedroom was clean with good air conditioning. However, there are frequent low-flying planes that are very loud. We also went during the World Cup so there were people watching the games & being loud at odd hours. Ray, the owner, was very apologetic. I wore earplugs so it wasn't a big deal. There's no sign in front, so print out the pictures and maps!

I stayed here for almost two weeks when I first got to Taiwan and then again right before I left from Taipei. I highly recommend Smile, as you get a great deal for your money. There are multiple bathrooms and showers, and a bathroom on each floor, which is great for when the hostel is full. Ray is very nice and helpful. Also the location is great - there is a Family Mart within a 1 minute walk, there are plenty of places to eat in the area, and only 5 minutes to walk to the MRT. - Jacob

• 11th Jun 2014

nice Ray nice house

It was a nice hostel. Ray was really nice and easygoing. The location was good, very accessible to the mrt and buses.

Ray is a fantastic host who is friendly and approachable. The hostel is in his home so it's extra home-y. The room was a double private twin, with plenty of space for our bags. The location is just a few minutes walk from the MRT station so it's very convenient to sites around the city. I had a great time there and definitely recommend and hope to visit the hostel and the city/ country again in the future.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Japan

staff was very kind but my room was beside the public shower facility so it was very noisy after midnight. i hope to stay far away from the shower Room next time. and there was no private refridge. others are all satisfied. hope to use again.

• 4th Jun 2014