Smile Taipei Reviews

Ln. 208, Sec.3 Chengde Rd., Datong Dist, details will be sent, Taipei, Taiwan

There is no private bathroom. all those rooms in the same level share bathrooms. to have a bath, we have to pass by the sitting room where a lot of people gather, which makes us feel no privacy and uncomfortable. the worst thing is that people in the sitting room are still talking and laughing even after midnight. the room is not sound-proofing, we cannot sleep well.

...about the room you booked...it is Double Bed Private w/Public Bath. so...it is public bath. We do have another room type "Double Bed Private Ensuite" ===== I am sorry for that the other guests still talking and laughing after midnight. If you told me, I would like to ask them to be quiet. I am really sorry.

The hostel is spacious and clean, with good facilities provided. The owner, Ray, is very friendly and helpful. He chat with me and other travellers at night and sharing some delicious local beer with us. Would certainly choose this hostel if I visit Taipei again!

Location was just a short walk from Yuanshan station. Going to Taoyuan airport is quite easy also, can take bus from the MRT station. Surroundings have nothing much, just some convenience store and small restaurants, but Shilin Night Market is just a station away (you can't walk there- too far). Ray (owner) was extremely friendly and helpful. However toilet and bathroom facilities can be improved... can get smelly in a short while. Whole hostel is about 3 floors, no elevators.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

Can Confirm Ray comments below. All are true. This hotel has high ratings for a reason.

• 12th Aug 2014

Ray was very nice. He speaks Japanese,too. close to MRT station . I did not feel scare at 23:00. clean hostel. a lot of cheep restrant around there. 24h supermarket and bus stop to touen airport were close,too. thanks Ray! see you again!

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Japan

We had a really great time here. The staff is very friendly. It is a really nice atmosphere. The rooms are nice and the aircon is new and worth it. The location is in a really authentic area, far off from any other hotel but close to the MRT and a nice night market. Just: Go there!

Very good, I love it.

Such an amazing place to stay at! 2 minute walk from the MTR station, and easy to access to anywhere you want. Inside is such an amazing place to live in. The staff helped us with bringing the luggages upstairs so that we don't have to do it ourselves. Good people, good and clean rooms for us to use. I'd love to stay at this place again if I ever come back for a visit in taipei.

I'm at the end of a trip through SE Asia, and while I've stayed at some great hostels, this one blows them all out of the water. Ray is a wonderful host and every guest is treated like family. The location is perfect, right on the airport shuttle route and close to a metro station. Coffee, tea, and loads of other food is free, and Ray has a plethora of local goodies to share with everyone. Best hostel I've stayed at (hands down!).

Large room, friendly atmosphere, very kind host. 5 min walk from nearest metro station and easy access to facilities.

I had a great stay there.

Everyone who wrote a review wouldn't stop talking about Ray, the host. Rest assured, all the nice comments he got are well deserved! I was rather pleased with my stay at Smile Taipei. Pay attention to Ray's directions as the place might be tricky to find. The wifi at the top floor is weak and it can be annoying at times. Might want to request for lower floors if you're a net junkie like me.

its a very spacious hostel with large common room and sleeping rooms. the facilities are clean and new, the boss is very cute and nice and it is located close to a metro station which is just a few stops away from train station.

great environment with perfect staff, will definitely stay again!!

Nice place to stay in Taipei ! I would definitely recommend it.

If you have back problems, you should be aware that the beds are lumpy and hard. Other than that, I have had several wonderful stays at this hostel.

This is easily one of the best hostels I've ever stayed. A nice park, market, night market, and metro stop are all right outside. The place is maintained very well, attracts a lot of friendly, fun travelers, and Ray and his staff are beyond helpful.

The common area is pretty cool to meet new people and to chat with other travelers. Next time in Taipei, staying there again!

Ray is indeed a charming host and Smile is a charming spot to stay. Living and kitchen areas are clean and home-like. The double bed ensuite room's bed was so comfortable and the bathroom nice and big. Good shower pressure too. Only one small window but it didn't detract from the atmosphere too much. Close to Family Mart, reasonably close to MRT, and there are some great Taiwanese diners close by.

Really nice hostel run by nice staff. Great location, close to metro and easy to find ( entrance door is a bit small but it is right next to a dry cleaner ).Confucian temple, Night market, supermarket, convenience store and eateries within walking distance. Good spacious dorm room with good beds, good amenities ( though cleaning of exhaust fan needs to be addressed as it gets very muggy in the shower ), free shampoo and soap, good kitchen. Overall great and planning on going back.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4