• Ln. 208, Sec.3 Chengde Rd., Datong Dist, details will be sent, Taipei, Taiwan

9.2
Superb 438 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 438 Total Reviews
Smile Taipei Located at Ln. 208, Sec.3 Chengde Rd., Datong Dist, details will be sent, Taipei.
Taiwan
Taipei 103 Ln. 208, Sec.3 Chengde Rd., Datong Dist, details will be sent
92% 438
25.0702597 121.5164380
    Rooms available

• Thailand, Female, 18-24
12th Sep 2016

I have a great time there, home-like atmosphere. You can cook and store food. The manager there is friendly and really helpful. He helps me a lot when my flight was cancelled because of the typhoon. He can speak Chinese, English and Japanese very well. Also, with other guests, they are really great! We talk a lot every evening. I have lots of new friends. The location of the hostel itself is wonderful. It's close to some tourist attraction and night market. You will never feel hungry or lonely.

6th Sep 2016

I really enjoyed the atmosphere in the hostel, a bit more communal than in other hostels I have stayed in recently. One negative is that there are no curtains around the beds. It's only a small thing but I realised I have gotten used to them at hostels. I was kept awake more by lights in the room and people moving in and out than I otherwise would have been I think.

31st Aug 2016

Smile Taipei was a wonderful hostel to stay at. Ray was extremely helpful and created personalized maps of the area and had a variety of free resources at his disposal inside the hostel as well. He was very knowledgeable about the city and gave us many good ideas for places to visit. Outside of being helpful Ray also kept his hostel quite clean. I didn't have enough money to pay him the first day I arrived and he said not to worry about it and told me about local banks. I would stay here again!

• Netherlands, Couple, 31-40
27th Aug 2016

Indeed, homey. In fact, it's both a homestay and hostel because it is his family's home. It's the first time we have experienced this and must say you really get the feeling of being home. The living room / chill out area is very spacious with lounge area, couches, big table and big kitchen. Free coffee/tea/water, free laundry, many guidebooks & language books. Artistic, nice decorations. Comfy, clean beds. The best thing of all is, is that Ray makes time to listen to your travel stories.

15th Aug 2016

A good hostel in a decent location in the city. Near a popular night market and close to the metro. Easy to get to from the airport. Facilities were mostly clean. Has a nice common area for chit chatting, otherwise it's a quiet hostel. The owner is very helpful and is willing to answer questions.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
13th Aug 2016

Ray was super helpful, friendly and nice! Also the hostel had good vibes overall. Everything was ready and well described and we were satisfied with the hostel overall. The only one thing that I would change would be to make the instructions clearer on the washing and drying machine for non Chinese speakers. There were a lot of English directions all over the house, but I think we pressed a wrong button on the laundry which resulted in still wet clothes. Overall, though, highly recommend.

• Canada, Male, 41+
29th Jul 2016
4.0

It has an additional information sending to me right after I did the online booking. I had to cancel my reservation because that information email. Apparently, I have lost all my deposit. I suggest the information for the staying the hotel should be posting online before customer making reservation,as it impact customer making decision. All conditions should be disclosed to customers online before booking.

Thank you for your suggestion. We will improve it.

• Singapore, Male, 18-24
29th Jul 2016

It is close to Taoyuan Airport. The owner is very friendly and the beds are clean. Though it would definitely be better if cold water dispenser is provide in the hot summer. Other than that, the owner is a really awesome guy. Thanks Ray!

7th Jul 2016

Staff were very friendly and accomodating. Good location and facilities. Could have been a bit cleaner and the kitchen area could be a bit more user friendly, but would definately stay here again.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
2nd Jul 2016

I've been there the second time and my stay was as great as expected. Thank you, Ray!