Smile Taipei Reviews

Ln. 208, Sec.3 Chengde Rd., Datong Dist, details will be sent, Taipei, Taiwan

Really appreciated Ray at Smile. I booked this room because of an expected change in my travel plans which would necessitate a stay in Taipei. In the end that change in travel plans didn't happen, however, Ray at Smile was great about reaching out to me before my arrival and making sure everything was in order. He was also understanding when I explained the situation. Hoping if the opportunity affords itself, that I will be to come to Taipei another time and stay at Smile.

Only stayed one night but friendly staff and good value and comfort. Bit chilly in the room but I was provided with a blanket

• 23rd Jan 2016

The location and facilities were great- cheap and cheerful- and the staff member, Ray, was super helpful, even giving us a map of the local area, as well as talking us through the logistics of the place. Although we were out of the rooms a lot travelling, I always felt like I could ask Ray questions. The laundry facilities were cheap and straightforward, and it was a great place to stay! Highly recommended!

Ray is there and helpful. The location is easy to find from MRT and you have a small night market right near the hostel.

A fantastic place to stay. Ray makes it feel more like a homestay than anything else! He's an absolute mine of information and ideas for things to do while you're in Taipei. We had a blast!

Great hostel, very friendly owner, and great folks passing through

• 3rd Jan 2016

Highly recommend this great guesthouse! The owner is awesome and really helpful if you have any questions. Thumbs up!

overall, the hostel is awesome!!

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

I stayed here 3 nights during peak period (28-31Dec) which seemed ok, especially the staff Ray BUT because I trusted him that make my last day in Taipei a nightmare. He seems to be a good guy but believe me he is FAKE. I'll tell you why. I booked a single room on 31Dec-1Jan at another hostel but Ray told me that he would arrange 1st floor to let us stay and give us a pillow and blanket. But He lied and very greedy. He collected us 600TWD/person(9ppl) slept on cold floor and had no blanket for me

• 28th Dec 2015
  • Thailand

My heart is broken. You know what I have done for you. It's all my fault. I shouldn't try to find an additional place for those people who have no place to stay. I will remember it. Thank you for teaching me these things.

This hostel is the first place I stayed in Taipei City. From the bus stop listed on their directions, it is an easy walk. Very close to MRT station and Taipei Expo Park. The guys running the place are very helpful and willing to assist with additional accommodations, even if all the regular rooms are full (I was here for New Years Eve, a very crowded time). The beds are very clean, neat, comforable. Had a nice stay. Thank you Ray!

• 28th Dec 2015

We loved this hostel. We booked for one night, but ended up staying four. The beds were some of the most comfortable during our past two months of traveling. The host is so friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed the kitchen and the laundry facilities too. We would definitely stay here again!

Thank you for your kindness! I hope to see you again later.

• 19th Dec 2015
  • South Korea

Convenient location. Nice clean quiet environment. Genuine staff. We booked a double room with no windows, which was barely soundproofed. Did not bother us though.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Hostel is easy to find with directions and very safe. Beds are clean and very spacious. I would definitely stay here again!

Easy to get there, good position

• 14th Nov 2015

We had a good stay here, the hostel is in a really great location with food and attractions right around the corner. The hand drawn maps were also extremely helpful—best English maps we received from a hostel in Taiwan. Beds were comfortable, kitchen is well stocked with utensils etc, easy to do laundry for 40nt, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The only complaint was that the toilets and showers were not clean and smelled bad.

Its nice place, clean, and good location.

Ray and Peter are so nice! They give lot of informations and customize map about the neigboorhood. The Hostel is well located near lot of attractions. There is a large common area which is perfect to interact with other travellers.

Wonderful and gracious hosts. A fantastic location to experience the city of Taipei. Hostel had a community yet homey feel. Would definitely recommend this hostel to others.

• 20th Sep 2015

Hostel staff is very nice and friendly! I enjoyed stay and talk with them, want to stay here for next trip too!