Smile Taipei Reviews

Ln. 208, Sec.3 Chengde Rd., Datong Dist, details will be sent, Taipei, Taiwan

Perfect place with a great location! Nice owner and friendly people.

Had an excellent stay at smile Taipei, the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and the dorm was very spacious and comfortable.

Perfectly situated by the MRT and only a few blocks away from the bus to the airport. Ray (the owner) is so nice and welcoming!! He'll really make you feel at home. The place is nicely kept with cleaning done everyday to the rooms and toilets. There's a small night market around the corner with some really great eats! Went to Hualien & Kenting during my stay in Taiwan and returned to this hostel for additional days, would return again should I return to Taipei.

Staffs are so friendly and kind and they shared a lot of information during my visit. Accommodation is good and the location is pretty close to the railway station which is very convenience. I will introduce this motel to friend for sure. =)

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

Nice place, would definitely go back.

This is the first time I stayed in Hostel, which gave me a very good experience and no regret I will introduce my friends to stay in Smile taipei Thanks the staffs they are very nice and helpful

• 21st Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

Hostel was very clean and comfortable. There is a big lobby that you are able to make friends easily.The staff were nice and helpful. The location was convenience, 5 mins walk to the MRT station, and there's a direct bus from airport to the hostel even at mid-night. I tried fews hostels in Taipei before. This one is the best of them.

Very lovely place to stay at! Ray and Peter are so kind. Love the way they interact with guest and of course, I met many other guests from all over the world. Great place to stay, highly recommended!

Please keep the house rules as always. no after 11 pm noise, ready for bed. Have some mosquitoes in room and shower room. Need to prevent in the future. Had at least 2 bits after had a short shower. :( Ok stay, friendly place. Basic living environment. Will skip for better one.

This hostel was absolutely AMAZING. If I could give it a rating of 120% I would! The location in perfect - a two minute walk to the train. Even the bus to/from the airport stops two minutes away from the hostel. You can come back to the hostel as last as you want, since they're open 24/7. It's very clean, and the atmosphere is really fun. But the best part? The staff. I love them SO much!!! I already miss them! They're friendly, helpful, kind, and generous. I have nothing but great things to say

• 28th Mar 2015

A great place and conveniently located to the MRT and a bus stop that goes straight to Taoyuan International Airport. Ray, the owner, was very cool and explained all the things we could do around the area. He was also extremely forgiving of my friend and I arriving earlier than expected and our occasional loudness. As for the hostel, the dorm rooms and beds were comfortable and clean, and the kitchen and living room area was nicely decorated. The bathrooms were a little old and smelled strange.

It was so lovely to stay here. Ray keeps the place very well looked after. The organisation and clenliness is spot on. Feels like your staying at home. Within 5 minute walk to mrt station and ray sends directions with pictures making it really easy to find. The bedding is so soft and the common area is great to feel at home and meet new people. We will definitely be back as is my favourite place to have stayed so far around asia. Thank you

This is a super nice Hostel!! STAY HERE SERIOUSLY!!! I lived here the first week I moved to Taipei and I wish I hadn't moved out. Ray is super nice and very helpful, and you are a short walk to the MRT to take you anywhere. There is a small night market the next street over where you can buy cheap but excellent food. It's nice and quiet, and the beds are comfy. The security is great with cameras and lockers for your small personal stuff. Loved it here!

• 20th Feb 2015

Thanks Ray!

Thank you, Ray! We had a great time we stayed, and wish it could have been longer. Loved the fact that there's recycling and compost available, and the map of the nearby restaurants and night market made it easy to take full advantage of the nearby neighborhood.

• 25th Jan 2015

Great location near Taipei Expo. First time staying in this area and really liked visiting the shops at Taipei Expo, which is perfect for the artsy crowd. In the weekends, there is a farmer's market selling local produce from different areas in Taiwan.

Such a lovely and charming place! Ray is one of the loveliest and friendliest person I've ever met, and so accommodating! The hostel is clean and has a great vibe, and Ray makes you feel so welcome. Highly recommend.

• 17th Jan 2015

Highly recommended good location near two night markets , 24h supermarket , bus stop, 2nd floor of bulding , clean Ray is superb give him 100%

Great communication, direction giving, and general helpfulness. The hostel is warm and pleasant and in a nice location, so definitely keep some time to explore around! I would definitely stay here again (and join in on a morning cycle to the harbor that time) and recommend to others.

• 4th Jan 2015

The location is great, within walking distance to metro station, and only 4 Metro station to Taipei main station. There are direct bus to airport.