• Ln. 208, Sec.3 Chengde Rd., Datong Dist, details will be sent, Taipei, Taiwan

9.0
Superb 449 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 449 Total Reviews
Smile Taipei Located at Ln. 208, Sec.3 Chengde Rd., Datong Dist, details will be sent, Taipei.
Taiwan
Taipei 103 Ln. 208, Sec.3 Chengde Rd., Datong Dist, details will be sent
90% 449
25.0702597 121.5164380
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 31-40
9th Oct 2016

Nice place, great location :)

• England, Male, 25-30
5th Oct 2016
8.0

Ray is a great host, very friendly and willing to advise on how to get around Taipei. Hostel is well located, near the metro station (best way to get to the city). Only complaints would be no security boxes in rooms and there aeroplanes quite frequently fly directly above the hostel and make a racket. Overall slept well and was a good base to see the city, I will stay again when I am back in Taipei at the end of the month.

2nd Oct 2016

Nice and clean place. The staff is helpful and friendly.

• Thailand, Female, 18-24
12th Sep 2016

I have a great time there, home-like atmosphere. You can cook and store food. The manager there is friendly and really helpful. He helps me a lot when my flight was cancelled because of the typhoon. He can speak Chinese, English and Japanese very well. Also, with other guests, they are really great! We talk a lot every evening. I have lots of new friends. The location of the hostel itself is wonderful. It's close to some tourist attraction and night market. You will never feel hungry or lonely.

6th Sep 2016

I really enjoyed the atmosphere in the hostel, a bit more communal than in other hostels I have stayed in recently. One negative is that there are no curtains around the beds. It's only a small thing but I realised I have gotten used to them at hostels. I was kept awake more by lights in the room and people moving in and out than I otherwise would have been I think.

31st Aug 2016

Smile Taipei was a wonderful hostel to stay at. Ray was extremely helpful and created personalized maps of the area and had a variety of free resources at his disposal inside the hostel as well. He was very knowledgeable about the city and gave us many good ideas for places to visit. Outside of being helpful Ray also kept his hostel quite clean. I didn't have enough money to pay him the first day I arrived and he said not to worry about it and told me about local banks. I would stay here again!

• Netherlands, Couple, 31-40
27th Aug 2016

Indeed, homey. In fact, it's both a homestay and hostel because it is his family's home. It's the first time we have experienced this and must say you really get the feeling of being home. The living room / chill out area is very spacious with lounge area, couches, big table and big kitchen. Free coffee/tea/water, free laundry, many guidebooks & language books. Artistic, nice decorations. Comfy, clean beds. The best thing of all is, is that Ray makes time to listen to your travel stories.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
26th Aug 2016

The Smile Hostel was great. We had a lovely room for ourselves (couple) and it was all very clean. The owner was very helpful and gave us some information about the area. Just located near the MRT Yuanshan. Easy access to the city of Taipei. Yuanshan area is also very nice place in Taipei.

15th Aug 2016

A good hostel in a decent location in the city. Near a popular night market and close to the metro. Easy to get to from the airport. Facilities were mostly clean. Has a nice common area for chit chatting, otherwise it's a quiet hostel. The owner is very helpful and is willing to answer questions.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
13th Aug 2016

Ray was super helpful, friendly and nice! Also the hostel had good vibes overall. Everything was ready and well described and we were satisfied with the hostel overall. The only one thing that I would change would be to make the instructions clearer on the washing and drying machine for non Chinese speakers. There were a lot of English directions all over the house, but I think we pressed a wrong button on the laundry which resulted in still wet clothes. Overall, though, highly recommend.