• Ln. 208, Sec.3 Chengde Rd., Datong Dist, details will be sent, Taipei, Taiwan

9.0
Superb 461 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 461 Total Reviews
Smile Taipei Located at Ln. 208, Sec.3 Chengde Rd., Datong Dist, details will be sent, Taipei.
Taiwan
Taipei 103 Ln. 208, Sec.3 Chengde Rd., Datong Dist, details will be sent
90% 461
25.0702597 121.5164380
    Rooms available

• greenappletwist
  • India, Couple, 25-30
28th Dec 2016

Smile has been one of the best hostel experiences I've had. The hostel is located at a 5 min walk from Yuanshan Station and is a 15 min MRT ride from the main city. Shoes aren't allowed inside, but they give you their own slippers that you can wear inside the hostel. We rented a private room and everything from the cleanliness and water pressure to the comfort of the room are on point. Language barrier is no issue, Ray is your man to go to! Only negative: no windows in the room. Must try!

• ZaaidO
  • South Africa, Couple, 31-40
23rd Dec 2016

We stayed in a private room (couple) for 5 days. The room was clean and comfortable. The location was convenient. There were temples and restaurants close by, and the subway was a short walk down the road. The staff gave us useful information on our first day. We were out most of the time, but there was a big communal area and kitchen. It was most a chilled and friendly vibe. I would stay there again.

• Vietnam, Male, 18-24
16th Dec 2016

Have been in there in 03 days. Smile Taipei is like a shared apartment with friendly staff and good location. I will live in here when visit Taipei again.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
9th Oct 2016

Nice place, great location :)

• England, Male, 25-30
5th Oct 2016
8.0

Ray is a great host, very friendly and willing to advise on how to get around Taipei. Hostel is well located, near the metro station (best way to get to the city). Only complaints would be no security boxes in rooms and there aeroplanes quite frequently fly directly above the hostel and make a racket. Overall slept well and was a good base to see the city, I will stay again when I am back in Taipei at the end of the month.

2nd Oct 2016

Nice and clean place. The staff is helpful and friendly.

• Thailand, Female, 18-24
12th Sep 2016

I have a great time there, home-like atmosphere. You can cook and store food. The manager there is friendly and really helpful. He helps me a lot when my flight was cancelled because of the typhoon. He can speak Chinese, English and Japanese very well. Also, with other guests, they are really great! We talk a lot every evening. I have lots of new friends. The location of the hostel itself is wonderful. It's close to some tourist attraction and night market. You will never feel hungry or lonely.

6th Sep 2016

I really enjoyed the atmosphere in the hostel, a bit more communal than in other hostels I have stayed in recently. One negative is that there are no curtains around the beds. It's only a small thing but I realised I have gotten used to them at hostels. I was kept awake more by lights in the room and people moving in and out than I otherwise would have been I think.

31st Aug 2016

Smile Taipei was a wonderful hostel to stay at. Ray was extremely helpful and created personalized maps of the area and had a variety of free resources at his disposal inside the hostel as well. He was very knowledgeable about the city and gave us many good ideas for places to visit. Outside of being helpful Ray also kept his hostel quite clean. I didn't have enough money to pay him the first day I arrived and he said not to worry about it and told me about local banks. I would stay here again!

• Netherlands, Couple, 31-40
27th Aug 2016

Indeed, homey. In fact, it's both a homestay and hostel because it is his family's home. It's the first time we have experienced this and must say you really get the feeling of being home. The living room / chill out area is very spacious with lounge area, couches, big table and big kitchen. Free coffee/tea/water, free laundry, many guidebooks & language books. Artistic, nice decorations. Comfy, clean beds. The best thing of all is, is that Ray makes time to listen to your travel stories.