Smile Taipei Reviews

Ln. 208, Sec.3 Chengde Rd., Datong Dist, details will be sent, Taipei, Taiwan

good good good Excellent perpect

Ray is an incredibly friendly and helpful hostel owner who makes you immediately feel at home. Would recommend to anyone

Ray is a nice person, i arrived at middle of the night, and he are still waiting! The place is very clean, toilet, also the kitchen. i stay on 2nd floor. Not far from MRT, mini markets, or having breakfast around. The only things to note is the wall is thin, so you can hear voices sometimes. Overall i was happy to stay, and recommend to everyone.. Thanks Ray.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Indonesia

Pro - The owner Mr. Ray is very friendly and helpful. Location is very close to MRT and we can get off the airport bus at the Kulun bus stop without having to go to Taipei main station. Facility is clean and non smoking. Con - Bunkbeds are supported by assembling of some angle bars which look quite unstable. It is difficult to climb up to the upper bed.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Thailand
  • All Female Group, 41+

The hostel is located in a quiet but very convenient part of the city. Direct bus connection to the airport and 7-minutes by subway to the Taipei Main Train Station. The owner/staff was very friendly and helpful. I arrived much later than expected, and Ray stood up to wait for me. Rooms and facility are basic but very comfortable and clean. Sound insulation may be a little thin (as typical in hostels), so suggest bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.

The owner Ray is very nice and helpful. The hostel located in town centre and it only takes less than 15 minutes to get to all the tourist spots.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

A nice hostel, 7 mins from a metro stop. My only issue with it was the lack of natural light in our double room.

The staff at this hostel is what made my visit special. Very helpful on a variety of different occasions. Was also a decent atmosphere to meet and talk to some fellow travellers. I would recommend this place to a friend who's travelling to Taipei.

Ray was super awesome. He always went out of his way to help me.

• 10th Sep 2014

I was a bit disappointed by the poor cleanliness of the showers and kitchen. I also found the stay a bit impersonal, but it might be because there were too many visitors. This hostel is not located near famous touristic centers, however, it is not too far from the metro station, near a small night market and close to 2 temples.

空港線のバス停から直ぐで荷物があっても大丈夫です。スーパーや夜市も近くとても便利でした。ゲストは日本人より西洋人が多いです。また機会があれば泊まりたいです。

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Japan

Ray is a great host and can help you with everything you need to know about Taipei! The hostel is a really nice place and has many public spaces to meet!

• 1st Sep 2014

There would not habe been any better place to start my semester abroad in Taipei. Made so many new friends there, found roommates for my new flat and Ray is an amazing host!

• 30th Aug 2014

everything is good. the place is very clean, especially the washroom. there is hair dryer provided. the only unprefect thing is the matress which is too soft and thin.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

Our stay in Smile Hostel was the best in comparison to others in Taiwan. Ray is incredibly friendly and helpful host and we felt like at home. Hostel is very clean and everything you need is right there. Simply nothing to add!

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Poland

I've never stayed in a place where the owner spent an hour helping someone (me) buy train tickets by sitting on the computer to book & walking down to Family Mart to print and purchase in the middle of the night. Ray really came through for us in a pinch, and this was just one of many small favors I saw him do for so many of his guests without any grumbling whatsoever. Ray is the embodiment of customer service and super nice guy, too. Very clean, great location! Walls are thin, though, so...

Great place to stay for backpackers and travelers. Short walking distance from metro station. Lots of eating place around the vicinity, do keep a lookout while in our way to the hostel. For breakfast, I recommending the one next to eco-coffee). The environment is very comfortable and you will feel safe and secured staying there. The staff constantly ensure that the hostel is clean at all times and ensure everyone are well taken care of. Nice and friendly staff, Mr Ray. Thank you so much =)

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

There is no private bathroom. all those rooms in the same level share bathrooms. to have a bath, we have to pass by the sitting room where a lot of people gather, which makes us feel no privacy and uncomfortable. the worst thing is that people in the sitting room are still talking and laughing even after midnight. the room is not sound-proofing, we cannot sleep well.

...about the room you booked...it is Double Bed Private w/Public Bath. so...it is public bath. We do have another room type "Double Bed Private Ensuite" ===== I am sorry for that the other guests still talking and laughing after midnight. If you told me, I would like to ask them to be quiet. I am really sorry.

The hostel is spacious and clean, with good facilities provided. The owner, Ray, is very friendly and helpful. He chat with me and other travellers at night and sharing some delicious local beer with us. Would certainly choose this hostel if I visit Taipei again!

Location was just a short walk from Yuanshan station. Going to Taoyuan airport is quite easy also, can take bus from the MRT station. Surroundings have nothing much, just some convenience store and small restaurants, but Shilin Night Market is just a station away (you can't walk there- too far). Ray (owner) was extremely friendly and helpful. However toilet and bathroom facilities can be improved... can get smelly in a short while. Whole hostel is about 3 floors, no elevators.

• 14th Aug 2014