Smiley Backpackers Reviews

71 Thu Khoa Huan, District 1, Da Lat, Vietnam

Damp room, no security, itchy sheets, horrible bed, horrible breakfast with no options! Ants everywhere and no safe, fridge of working tv, broken plug sockets broken bathroom window leak above the toilet = not so smiley backpackers!

• 30th Sep 2014

Great place! Took the night bus to Dalat and were able to check in very early. Awesome location very close to the city and what a view! Breakfast was very good and staff very friendly. One night as we were walking back to the hostel, the owner invited everybody to a small cafe where his piano teacher was playing. We all hoped on motorbikes and had a great night! The hostel's owner also has a motorbike company called Free Riders. We did a 2 day trip to Mui Ne and loved it. Very nice experience!

• 28th Sep 2014

Loved the location - a quiet road on a hill with a beautiful view. Staff was super friendly and really always smiling. I recommend booking the motorcycle country tour thru the hostel - I don't know how it compares pricewise to others, but we had a ball. Best complimentary breakfast too, an omelet with crusty baguette and coffee. Would recommend!

This was one of the best places I've stayed on my travels. The staff are excellent and always invite you for a drink. They showed incredible kindness to a fellow traveller after accident, looking after him like family.

• 17th Sep 2014

Really good hostel it felt like a home from home, very relaxed and the family were lovely. Very helping and friendly. I enjoyed my two day bike tour with the owner, we got to see some beautiful sights. Excellent value for money would recommend staying here.

We had a great stay at Smiley Backpackers. The owner Hin and his wife were so welcoming. The hostel had a really friendly vibe to it and the staff were exceptionally great at helping us organise our trip. We even had an evening drinking rice wine and eating stew with the family which was so much fun!

• 7th Sep 2014

Friendly staff :) can't grumble! Enjoyed my stay

Included Breakfast is great. Staff is really helpful and nice. The double room was very spacious.

Lovely owners who organised the canyoning trip, hiring a moped and driving to Nha Trang and even sent our luggage for us.

Lovely place, only stayed one night after a bike from Mui ne. We were a group of 5, staff were a real pleasure and we played guitar into the night. Rooms are a little dated but we found them clean and comfy. Definitely recommended!

Hostel owner extremely helpful and welcoming, he did us numerous favors during our short stay, one of the best hostels we have stayed at.. Very friendly environment. organised brilliant canyoning trip for only $25. Not a bad word to say about this place.

Staff were very helpful and friendly, the free breakfast provided was good. However there was a building site right next to the hostel which started early in the morning, it was annoying when we wanted to catch up on sleep after a night bus. Although the location was just off a Main Street so away from the noise at night. Bedrooms did have windows!

A great little place to stay, the owner was great and always willing to help. The canyoning tour Is a must if you go to dalat!

I honestly can't rate praise this hotel enough! It is run by the nicest, most genuine couple and their lovely daughter. Unfortunately I got mugged in Ho Chi Min on the way to Dalat so I turned up very shaken up and with no money. They welcomed me with open arms, let me stay until I could get the money together (two nights) and she gave me money from her own purse for food. I am forever grateful for your hospitality and will highly reccomend you to everyone.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

The people at this hostel were lovely. We arrived very early after a night bus and despite being well before a normal check in time she showed us up into a room and let us sleep without charging us any extra. Also one of the only hostels I've stayed in that actually has hot showers!

Very helpful staff whenever we had questions or worries and helped us sort out our bus ticket that went wrong! Booked our canyoning tour with them which was brilliant, I would recommend it to anyone and if was a great price! Simple and basic but all you need :)

We were let in and given beds without question or complaint despite arriving at 4.30am, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The free breakfast is simple but good and there is some social space in the lobby and outside the hostel. The location is great and so is the wifi. Most importantly, the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and the easy rider tour they put us on was probably the best decision we have ever made!

Very friendly staff. Small common area, but a few seats to sit & chat. Great breakfast included equals excellent value. Close to night market, walking distance to lake and crazy house. Canyoning trip organized through guesthouse was great! Rooms & facilities average

Very friendly staff willing to help you book tours, excursions, buses, etc. Really enjoyed the canyoning booked through the hostel. Clean accommodation, could do with a bigger communal area and a bar.

It's slightly out of the way, the mattresses may as well not exist and the common area is only OK. My biggest complaint is they only gave out one key to the dorm. Travelling alone, that meant one stranger -- heaven knows who - had access to my room and on the first evening I couldn't get to my stuff because the door was locked!. That aside, staff are generally very helpful and the bathroom was more than adequate.