Smiley Backpackers Reviews

71 Thu Khoa Huan, District 1, Da Lat, Vietnam

Friendly and helpful staff but bathroom was sometimes leaking or not clean

• 3rd May 2015

The staff are genuinely some of the most helpful people I've ever had the privilege to meet. They told me the best places to eat, what to do in DaLat and helped me retrieve some stuff I left in a previous hostel. Sadly tgem shower was merely a trickle of water but I'm not sure that's the same in every room.

The hostess was very helpful and was happy to move us to another room when I was struggling with four floors of steps to the first floor. Good free breakfast provided each morning and fridge stocked with Saigon Beer at great price. Also able to book bus tickets for onward journey. Would stay there again if back in Dalat. M- J & Trevor

I enjoyed my time here. Close to everything you want. The food place next soor ia phenomenal for the value when you first get in. Only issue is that it's open and a bit lacking in a great common space.

Absolutely amazing hostel , all the staff go out if their way to make you feel like part of the family, even inviting us to drink and have food with them. Not to mention in a great location and good facilities, would definitly recommend!

• 5th Mar 2015

This is really nice,cozy hostel! The location is good, if you want to be close to the downtown,but still not that close, this place is the best option! I liked breakfast there, and the owner was really helpful! She is really kind, and friendly!

The owner, Ken, was absolutely amazing. He runs the hostel with his family and is ready to help you with anything, whether it be finding a bus or hostel in another city, or just activities to do during the day. By far one of the friendliest hostels I've stayed at, other travelers included. The common area is on the small side so everyone really gets to know each other. I would definitely stay here again if I ever return to Da Lat.

Nice staff, free breakfast, really hard beds, but nothing else to expect for this money. Booked the canyoning here, which was great as we were only a small group and could do the jumps etc twice.

Run by family. Very helpful

I can highly recommend the Smiley Backpackers. It is very clean, the staff ist super super friendly and the rooms had the best hot shower I ever got in a hostel in Southeast Asia! Additionally the motorbike tour they offer is just amazing!! :)

• 23rd Jan 2015

This is the most friendly and nicest hostel i have stayed in. The owners are super friendly and so kind, i was very sick and they helped me in every way possible and even made me a dinner the following night, always offering to help get me things and how i was. The atmosphere in this hostel was awesome which quite frankly i believe is because of how it is run! Wont ever forget their kindness! Great breaky, comfortable and very clean! Location is super, easily accessible to everything!

-The hostel owner and staffs are so friendly. -Free breakfast. It's good! -Close to the market and others main streets. -We checked out the last day in this hostel in the morning to join Canyoning tour. It ended about 3pm. The hostel owner allowed us to take a bath and even sleep in our room if we want to :D (although we had already checked out).

Staff was extremely helpful; we arrived with the bus at 6 am in the morning and the owner slept in the 'lobby' to be able to welcome us. They also had a room ready for us. The hostel in itself was decent, but the staff made our stay worthwhile. The common area had a book full of different options of tours in the area, including the Easy Rider trips to other cities. Got a free motorbike trip around the city and booked a fantastic 3 day tour with Easy Riders to Nha Trang from the hostel.

Great place, friendly staff. The breakfast in the morning was very much appreciated. Our room was clean and spacious. The only downside is the screaming children that around the hostel.

Smiley Backpackers was amazing from start to finish! We arrived early in the morning to find that the owner of the hostel had slept on the sofa to ensure he could welcome us into his hostel! Hinn and his family gave us a free cooking lesson and a fantastic evening cooking outside the front of the hostel! We went on a 3 day easy rider bike tour with them also which was absolutely AMAZING!! I saw a side to Vietnam I wouldn't have seen if I didn't book into Smiley! Nicest people I've met on my trip