Smiley Backpackers Reviews

71 Thu Khoa Huan, District 1, Da Lat, Vietnam

Very helpful staff whenever we had questions or worries and helped us sort out our bus ticket that went wrong! Booked our canyoning tour with them which was brilliant, I would recommend it to anyone and if was a great price! Simple and basic but all you need :)

We were let in and given beds without question or complaint despite arriving at 4.30am, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The free breakfast is simple but good and there is some social space in the lobby and outside the hostel. The location is great and so is the wifi. Most importantly, the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and the easy rider tour they put us on was probably the best decision we have ever made!

Very friendly staff. Small common area, but a few seats to sit & chat. Great breakfast included equals excellent value. Close to night market, walking distance to lake and crazy house. Canyoning trip organized through guesthouse was great! Rooms & facilities average

Very friendly staff willing to help you book tours, excursions, buses, etc. Really enjoyed the canyoning booked through the hostel. Clean accommodation, could do with a bigger communal area and a bar.

It's slightly out of the way, the mattresses may as well not exist and the common area is only OK. My biggest complaint is they only gave out one key to the dorm. Travelling alone, that meant one stranger -- heaven knows who - had access to my room and on the first evening I couldn't get to my stuff because the door was locked!. That aside, staff are generally very helpful and the bathroom was more than adequate.

There was construction going on next door during my stay and it started at about 6 am every morning. Other than this it was a great place to stay and I would recommend it.

Dorm was spacious enough. Cramped living room area and no real area to hang out. Good included breakfast: omelette w bread and banana. Location good. Be very careful canyoning!!!

Really friendly and helpful staff :)

Staff helpful, but the dorm is small so you may feel crowded. So is the common place. Location is good and near the central market.

The owner and his wife are extremely welcoming and accommodating. They helped us book two fantastic tours- canyoning and a day-long guided motorbike tour that were both great values for the money. It was the owner's daughter's birthday while we were there and he treated all guests to free beers and snacks all night to celebrate. The only complaint we would have is that the beds were definitely a bit on the hard side. All in all- we'd definitely recommend this place to anyone!

A nice little place in the middle of Dalat, with the best staff ever who helped me organize a canyoning trip which was my highlight in vietnam. The place is simple, cheap and definitely a great place to stay, close to the night market and just a short drive away from the lake.

Dorm rooms very small and tight for 6 people

Great cozy little place! The lobby is more like the family's living room, which create a nice homey atmosphere. The owners' kids are always around, and the wife and husband that run it are always available to help you book tours or bus tickets. Location is about a 10 minute walk from central Da Lat. Lots of good street eats around in the evening. Great views of the town from the upper floors of the hostel!

I didn't like the bunk beds, they were all connected to each other so that you felt the person on the other side of the room moving! Otherwise I liked my stay very much.

Smileys is not just a hostel. It is a kind of homestay within a hostel. The owners couple are the nicest and best hotel owners I met in Vietnam. Feel at home in Da Lat and stay at this amazing place. Also best place to meet fellow travelers.

• 21st May 2014

The owners of this hostel were the nicest and friendliest I have ever met! The rooms were good value and the free breakfast spot on! Would definitely stay here again!

Amazing family feeling, good breakfast and honest staff. We booked a canyoning trip through the owner for 25 dollars and it was fantastic! A highlight of our trip, lunch included and a full day. Only thing is no keys to the rooms so use the lockers under the bed, and you can hear people from downstairs quite clearly.

• 19th May 2014

We absolutely loved our stay! Smiley's has a real family-feel to it. King is truly the king of his castle and he (and his family) will be there to help you out with anything, whether that be directions, ideas for food, tours or just a big hug! Make sure you're there when the lady comes round with her pan and supplies for her incredibly delicious pancakes and pair that with a cheap beer...you're golden!

I had a great stay at Smiley! I didn't find Da lat to be everything I'd hoped, but the stay couldn't have been more comfortable. Sockets, lights, wifi, lockers, TP, great couple, so sweet. Hugged me goodbye! Free breakfast. Travel information available. Tea in morning lovely. Hot water was difficult to figure out, so I gave up. Don't miss the market!

It was so nice to stay at this hostel. The owners are very friendly and helpful. I liked to stay there. I booked an amazing motorbiketour through this hostel as well! I recommend it to everyone.