Smiley Backpackers Reviews

71 Thu Khoa Huan, District 1, Da Lat, Vietnam

Lovely owners who organised the canyoning trip, hiring a moped and driving to Nha Trang and even sent our luggage for us.

Hostel owner extremely helpful and welcoming, he did us numerous favors during our short stay, one of the best hostels we have stayed at.. Very friendly environment. organised brilliant canyoning trip for only $25. Not a bad word to say about this place.

Staff were very helpful and friendly, the free breakfast provided was good. However there was a building site right next to the hostel which started early in the morning, it was annoying when we wanted to catch up on sleep after a night bus. Although the location was just off a Main Street so away from the noise at night. Bedrooms did have windows!

A great little place to stay, the owner was great and always willing to help. The canyoning tour Is a must if you go to dalat!

I honestly can't rate praise this hotel enough! It is run by the nicest, most genuine couple and their lovely daughter. Unfortunately I got mugged in Ho Chi Min on the way to Dalat so I turned up very shaken up and with no money. They welcomed me with open arms, let me stay until I could get the money together (two nights) and she gave me money from her own purse for food. I am forever grateful for your hospitality and will highly reccomend you to everyone.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

The people at this hostel were lovely. We arrived very early after a night bus and despite being well before a normal check in time she showed us up into a room and let us sleep without charging us any extra. Also one of the only hostels I've stayed in that actually has hot showers!

Very helpful staff whenever we had questions or worries and helped us sort out our bus ticket that went wrong! Booked our canyoning tour with them which was brilliant, I would recommend it to anyone and if was a great price! Simple and basic but all you need :)

We were let in and given beds without question or complaint despite arriving at 4.30am, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The free breakfast is simple but good and there is some social space in the lobby and outside the hostel. The location is great and so is the wifi. Most importantly, the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and the easy rider tour they put us on was probably the best decision we have ever made!

Very friendly staff. Small common area, but a few seats to sit & chat. Great breakfast included equals excellent value. Close to night market, walking distance to lake and crazy house. Canyoning trip organized through guesthouse was great! Rooms & facilities average

Very friendly staff willing to help you book tours, excursions, buses, etc. Really enjoyed the canyoning booked through the hostel. Clean accommodation, could do with a bigger communal area and a bar.

It's slightly out of the way, the mattresses may as well not exist and the common area is only OK. My biggest complaint is they only gave out one key to the dorm. Travelling alone, that meant one stranger -- heaven knows who - had access to my room and on the first evening I couldn't get to my stuff because the door was locked!. That aside, staff are generally very helpful and the bathroom was more than adequate.

There was construction going on next door during my stay and it started at about 6 am every morning. Other than this it was a great place to stay and I would recommend it.

Dorm was spacious enough. Cramped living room area and no real area to hang out. Good included breakfast: omelette w bread and banana. Location good. Be very careful canyoning!!!

Really friendly and helpful staff :)

Staff helpful, but the dorm is small so you may feel crowded. So is the common place. Location is good and near the central market.

The owner and his wife are extremely welcoming and accommodating. They helped us book two fantastic tours- canyoning and a day-long guided motorbike tour that were both great values for the money. It was the owner's daughter's birthday while we were there and he treated all guests to free beers and snacks all night to celebrate. The only complaint we would have is that the beds were definitely a bit on the hard side. All in all- we'd definitely recommend this place to anyone!

A nice little place in the middle of Dalat, with the best staff ever who helped me organize a canyoning trip which was my highlight in vietnam. The place is simple, cheap and definitely a great place to stay, close to the night market and just a short drive away from the lake.

Dorm rooms very small and tight for 6 people

Great cozy little place! The lobby is more like the family's living room, which create a nice homey atmosphere. The owners' kids are always around, and the wife and husband that run it are always available to help you book tours or bus tickets. Location is about a 10 minute walk from central Da Lat. Lots of good street eats around in the evening. Great views of the town from the upper floors of the hostel!

I didn't like the bunk beds, they were all connected to each other so that you felt the person on the other side of the room moving! Otherwise I liked my stay very much.