Smiths Cottage Reviews

5 Mount Argus Road, Umgeni Heights, Durban, South Africa

The owners are extremely nice! They offered to take us to the nearest shopping center and waited while we order pizza. Felt like being home...

I had a very pleasant experience with the hostel and felt looked after. Very thoughtful and and caring service. I will recommend them highly to my friends and acquaintances

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

Very nice place. Feels like home. Thank you.

Keith and Pat make there guests feel very welcome, and invite you into their home. They offer excellent travel advice and can make tour bookings without charging a commission, they are very concious to ensure that prices are very reasonable. You can even go with them to the local watering hole, market or casino.

• 27th Aug 2014

Pat and Keith go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and welcome. Will definitely stay here again.

町の中心からはすこし離れていますが、とても落ち着いていて、良いホステルでした。経営しているご夫婦もとても優しく、ツアーの予約や移動に色々と協力してくれて助かりました。

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Japan

Staying at Smith's Cottage was wonderful; very much a "home away from home". The place was very comfortable and I had no safety concerns. The main reason that my stay was so great was that Keith and Pat were both lovely and extremely helpful! I needed to arrange a ride to a rural research site about 1.5 hours outside of Durban, and Keith without hesitation said he would drive me for a very reasonable price. They always made sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed! Highly recommended!

• 5th Jul 2014

Pat and Keith are the sweetest couple ever! I really enjoyed staying with them during my stay in Durban. If (when) I go back to South Africa and Durban, I'll definitely stay with them again. Oh, and Pat makes really good food!