Smiths Cottage Reviews

5 Mount Argus Road, Umgeni Heights, Durban, South Africa

I had a very pleasant experience with the hostel and felt looked after. Very thoughtful and and caring service. I will recommend them highly to my friends and acquaintances

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

Very nice place. Feels like home. Thank you.

Pat and Keith go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and welcome. Will definitely stay here again.

町の中心からはすこし離れていますが、とても落ち着いていて、良いホステルでした。経営しているご夫婦もとても優しく、ツアーの予約や移動に色々と協力してくれて助かりました。

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Japan

Staying at Smith's Cottage was wonderful; very much a "home away from home". The place was very comfortable and I had no safety concerns. The main reason that my stay was so great was that Keith and Pat were both lovely and extremely helpful! I needed to arrange a ride to a rural research site about 1.5 hours outside of Durban, and Keith without hesitation said he would drive me for a very reasonable price. They always made sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed! Highly recommended!

• 5th Jul 2014

Pat and Keith are the sweetest couple ever! I really enjoyed staying with them during my stay in Durban. If (when) I go back to South Africa and Durban, I'll definitely stay with them again. Oh, and Pat makes really good food!

A home away from home with very welcoming owners making a very comfortable stay. They provide a shuttle services and help organise trips to the point of taking you themselves. This without mentioning the flexible breakfast and other meals they provide. A relaxed place but with plenty to do.

• 21st May 2014

The ratings say it all, however if I could give a higher rating I most certainly would. Mr.

• 8th May 2014