Smiths Cottage Reviews

5 Mount Argus Road, Umgeni Heights, Durban, South Africa

Pat and Keith are extremely kind and generous people. Even though they are slightly further than most places, they offer rides to central locations. They also are a great source of local information. If you're looking for a relaxing stay in a safe area, this is the place to be!

• 17th Jan 2016

A little bit out of town, but the owners make up for this by selflessly shuttling tourists around town for a very minimal fare. The atmosphere here is very relaxed, as it's in a residential neighborhood. The owners are extremely knowledgable about Durban, and very helpful, kind and accommodating. They have basically opened up their home for tourists. They also use a lot of their time to help out tourists. Would definitely stay here again. Highly recommended!

Very nice hosts and hospitality. Really loved talking with them. Thank you for taking care of us and all your tips!!

Loved this place. Gary and Lia are your top notch hosts! Thanks so much for helping me get my camera back! :) Their kids, Tristan and Taryn, are darling! :) I love this place for its homely vibe, wide open space, security, cleanliness, and cute cabins! They upgraded my booking for free and gave me unlimited free internet, which was so hopeful as I was trying to get my life in order. :) I wish I had had time to swim in the pretty pool, but maybe next time. :) Cheers from Coffee Bay! xx