Smiths Hotel Reviews

963 sauchiehall street, Glasgow, Scotland

The room was small and stuffy (but at least we could open the window), the bedding seemed old, but otherwise the shared facilities were clean and breakfast was provided. Helpful & friendly staff. Location: it's within walking distance of the Kelvingrove art gallery and museum, the gardens, and the University of Glasgow - all worth a visit. Otherwise, it is a little out of the way of the centre of the city. We only had a couple of hours to roam around, so we enjoyed what was to be seen locally.

Smith's Hotel was small and very out dated. But the staff were kind and friendly and the facility was perfectly situated in the city's west end right by Kelvingrove. Our room was quiet and there was daily cleaning of the common bathroom. Our room had a slight oudor when we arrived but we kept the window open\sprayed some cologne. Also I would recommend skipping the breakfast. I could nitpic more but... This is by no means a luxury stay but it was affordable and perfectly located and secure.

Breakfasts are rather good. They serve apple/orange juice, coffee, tea, porridge, cereals, bacon, sausage, eggs, toasts and something else. I stayed in a twin room with shared toilet/showers. The room was just fine: clean and furnished. There was a sink instead of a desk though, which I found a bit odd. Also electricity sockets were placed far from the bed. Tea and coffee in sachets were supplied together with an electric kettle. What I needed and did not find was shower gel.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Russia

Beds were comfortable enough and the hostel felt pretty safe. Stayed in a twin private room. Area was fine, bit of a walk but the price made it worth the 20 minutes into downtown.

Rooms are a little tiny, you get what you pay for. Bathroom is smaller than usual. Location is decent if you want to go to Kelvingrove Museum or University of Glasgow, otherwise it is a 15 minutes transit into the city center.

It shocked me how easily I had access into any room at the hotel. I would have been able to say any room number and gotten the key without the guy working checking my ID.

View all Glasgow Bed and Breakfasts