Smyle Inn Reviews

916, Gali Chandi Wali, Main Bazaar, Paharganj 110055, New Delhi, India

The place is really well connected to New Delhi railway. The entrance to the alley in which you have to enter is horrible as you have to pass public men's urinals. Not nice at easy time, horrible at night. Although supposedly cleaning is done every day it is NOT clean in the bathroom. The girls dorm is really well shut away with extra security entrance.this means no Windows. Anything else is modest and fine. Spacious lockers, friendly staff. Could work a little on English but very helpful.

Great hostel on the main bazar in Delhi. They are very reliable when you book a taxi/ tour/ pickup. We did a tour to the Taj Mahal with a private taxi. We got a friendly driver and a good tour guide :). The bar however was under reconstruction, so there was little opportunity for socializing with other guests.

• 30th Jan 2016

This was my 7th time in Delhi & this was easily the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in there. Great value for the price, though not perfect. The rooms are very clean, comfortable and have bathrooms. In an email to them I asked for a quiet room but on my 1st night the sound of men talking on the street outside plus honking motorbike horns flooded into my room till I went to bed at 1.30am. Thank God for my earplugs! The next day I moved to the newer wing which was quieter but the room had no window

The hotel was very well run and organised. It was in a decent location so we didn't have far to walk. The major downsides were the extremely rude receptionist who tried to add taxes to our bill, and the numerous fly's that were in the room. All the other members so staff were helpful and pleasant. The receptionist trying to overcharge us for the room when a price had been agreed on hostelworld made the stay unsatisfactory. (We stayed in the second hotel around the corner.

• 26th Jan 2016
  • Wales

Dear Guest, I am sorry for the conduct of the receptionist. Regarding the charges, there have been some confusion on what is being displayed and what is the actual charge...hence the problem appeared. We are trying to resolve this ASAP so that the price displayed and the price paid is all the same. Sorry about this confusion...this is totally a management fault and I take ownership of the same. I assure you it will be rectified soon. Regards Harish

No hot water. Clogged toilets. Dirty small and cramped. Not really a hostel vibe, travel officer was helpful though. You get what you pay for basically.

We enjoyed our stay at the hostel, even though it was actually at a nearby hotel: Some glitch with Ctrip-SmyleInn system resulted in some Korean tourists checking out later than expected so the room we'd booked via hostelworld.com was unavailable. However, Mr. Harish, the owner, was very understanding and kindly arranged our stay at a nearby hotel which had a room with similar facilities and was quite clean. The staff there was friendly. We would like to thank Mr. Harish and recommend SmyleInn

Great location in the main bazzar road. Take airport express line if you come by plane. So easy to get here. Ask them for directions by metro. Tour desk guy was very helpful. Agra and Jaipur can be seen cheaper by bus and train respectively than private car. Water was very hot. Free breakfast isn't bad.

I've stayed at Smyle Inn a few times in my last couple trips to India. I keep coming back because the staff are great, the included breakfast is a bonus and you can't beat the location (main bazaar/ train station/ metro and Connaught Place all within walking distance).

I booked with Smyle Inn for 2 days even though I did not make it there this trip it was a pleasure to deal with staff. I travel often and this is probably the best customer service I've ever had. The staff was very helpful when I've arranged for a pick up from the airport and cancelation was smooth due to fast communication. Even though I didn't get to stay but I'm looking to staying at Smyle Inn my next trip to Delhi.

• 9th Jan 2016

In a decent location for accessing sights around Delhi. Bustling, busy, crowded neighborhood but quiet inside hotel room. Sheets were not totally clean and room was musty. Still, low cost and had the basics.

• 6th Jan 2016

It is comfortable and helpful staff., but they do not accept credit card !!! Breakfast is good and travel desk is very helpful. KIRAN OZA Bhavnagar GUJ INDIA

Clean and convenience location.

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

Clean place with big beds and stable wifi. Unfortunately we didn't have hot water and the breakfast wasn't ready at 8 which was important because we had a plane to catch and were short on time...good place to stay in any case!

Breakfast was awesome! Internet was good too. The hostel itself was a little hard to find bc its down a tiny little alley that isn't well marked but other than that it's a good location! Very busy though so you'll hear honking all night long!

I was very happy with the service at Smyle Inn, although the hot water didn't work when I was there the first night. However this was fixed the second night I stayed and was probably one of the best showers I had in India.

All premium rooms should have a window.

The staff are great... As soon as we arrived we had a tour booked for the following morning (which was great by the way) I would recommend it if you want central location and friendly staff.

Value for money paid, staff was super helpful.Good location to explore the city

• 10th Dec 2015
  • India

I recommend to book transfer from the hotel if you are coming from the airport, it can be a little tricky to find the first time. The owner is very kind and delivers a great consumer services, the rest of the staff not so much. Is a good place to book your tours, it will be more expensive than "the street" but you will be safe. Ask for Nassir Khan as driver, he is great.

Hostel has everything you need in a good location. We had a great stay here. We were only supposed to stay 1 night but extended our stay and booked in later in our trip when we needed to fly back to Delhi. The staff are so friendly and really go out of their way to help you. There is a good travel desk - the guy there helped us plan the rest of our travels in India.

« first « Prev 1 2 3