Smyle Inn Reviews

916, Gali Chandi Wali, Main Bazaar, Paharganj 110055, New Delhi, India

location couldn't be better, right in the thick of the main bazaar. Airport pickup made the initial transition into daily very easy.

• 1st May 2015

Great place to stay for our first time in Delhi. Bit hard to find but we asked around and people were happy to show us the way. Comfortable bed, hot water, air con. Great staff very helpful. Would definitely recommend.

Thanks for the great stay in Delhi, all the recommendations were spot on! Cheers

• 25th Apr 2015

I love everything about this hostel. Room is clean

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Thailand

As a traveller you need a place which is safe, tucked away from main area and provides all facilities like WiFi, Breakfast and help with travel arrangements. This place scored a perfect 10. I could book my onward train tickets and walk to the train station the next morning. The staff is good, the room was clean and the breakfast was amazing for the price paid. The area is crowded so it might take a day to get used to...but overall a good place to stay. Will return for sure.

• 31st Mar 2015

The staff was incredibly helpful. They helped me with multiple arrangements including shipping a giant box home to the states. Central location which is great if you want to be in the action. Definitely reccomend for a short stay in Delhi. If you plan on staying longer in Delhi I would split your time between here and a hotel/hostel in south Delhi near hauz khas.

• 21st Mar 2015

I would highly recommend Smyle Inn. I was a Solo Female traveller and they made me feel welcome and safe from the moment I arrived. The location is central just off the main Bazaar great for shopping and eating. The staff are extremely hands on and can help you with everything you need. I would highly recommend booking your travels with Ali, he booked all my train tickets and gave great advice he really knows his stuff. Free Breakfast, free Wifi, hot showers what more can one ask for.

Did not like this hotel at all. It was in a very noisy area, bathroom was dirty and TV didn't work. The only good point was the guy at reception helped us by booking our train tickets and any enquiries we had.

So sorry to learn you didn't like our area. While most of the guests love our area but there are always exceptions. For things that needed attention in the room, best would have been to talk to someone to get it sorted. We listen to our guests requests and complaints seriously. Had you spoken, we would have done something, but if you choose to remain quite and then post a negative review later on about it, it does not help anyone. For us to make your experience better we need to know. SO TELL US

i am still there they have picked up their act in delhi since my first visit 15 years ago this inn has little too complain about marvellous staff good breakfast so clean and tidy and the rate for a deluxe room ....rediculously low sure it is in a busy area but isnt that what tourists want stories of it being unsafe are pretty far fetched ....try johannesburg or parts of buenos aires really if you dont like this place ....you are a bloody hard person to please

Dear Guest Thanks for your kind review of our place. You are one nice guy Sir and please don't let the world change that about you. It was a pleasure talking to you every now and then. Hope your visa to the next destination comes in time. All the best Harish

Location perfect. I would stay there again.

best hostel in Delhi, around 10m to the metro station by walk .and the room is clean ,comfortable ,with free breakfast ! Very good facility and service in Whole India

Smyle is perfectly located near to new dehli station, but is hard to find the first time I recommended pick up. Staff are very helpful and friendly, breakfast was included and was good. We stayed here twice and the 2 rooms were clean and comfortable, a bit dark though, but expected in the alleys of Pahar Ganj!

Airport pickup is a total scam. The dude is not waiting where it said he would. I ended up having to pay to use a phone to call, split the ride with another traveler, and the owner still made me pay full price even though it was a shared ride. Got the feeling the owner was just out to make as much money as he could off people. Our room had mosquito nest in the toilet and the fan was hanging from wires, bound to fall at any moment. There are much better options in delhi, don't be fooled

You came out late from inside the airport, driver had to leave after two hours of wait after paying double parking fee. When you came out and called, we tried to help you with another scheduled pickup. Paying USD8.50 will not help us become rich. We do our level best to help out but some don't appreciate. Fan hanging from wires is a big exaggeration. There are many options around but we are only ones giving best value for money, free breakfast and free wifi

I really appreciated the help that we got from the staff when my boyfriend was sick - it was very kind of them to make him special food and then to hold our room without any hassle after we went to the hospital. The rooms were reasonably clean, and the close proximity to the train station was a huge perk.

• 21st Feb 2015

The best thing about Smyle Inn was the staff. They were very friendly and helpful. When we arrived in India, we had not had any train tickets, and they helped us book five of them, which was a lot of work. THEN, when we had to change our schedule later, they helped us get a refund on the remaining tickets. They really tried to get us where we wanted to go. We did have trouble with an electrical outlet. It is located in the center of the main bazaar, which is good, but can be overwhelming.

Some reviews say this is hard to find but its really not. Just ask the hotel for directions and they will email you them. Its literally 5 minutes walk from new delhi train station. Staff at the front desk were polite and offered lots of tourist advice. Room was fantastic and a great break from the chaos of a day in delhi. We left delhi really relaxed after staying here.

Great location down a quiet alley off of the noisy and crowded main road. We greatly appreciated the very helpful staff, who gave us excellent advice on transportation and where to eat. When we had a question about train tickets, a staff member immediately dropped what he was doing and helped us reserve tickets on the right train. Also, hot water and soap and towels are provided which is a huge plus!

Though much of Delhi is quite different from western cities, the area where this hotel is very unsafe. It is tooked away in an alleyway and on the edge of the main bazaar that attracts unwanted attention. We travel as a couple and I honestly worried about my wife's safety. The quilt in the room was not sheets but blankets that don't get washed daily due to the material which is unhygienic. I can see while budget travellers choose this place. We stayed 1 night out of the 6 paid for!

• 31st Jan 2015

Dear Anthony, If it is the safety you are concerned, I must say that it was a scare that you had built around you un-necessarily. I believe you are not used to so many people packed in small area. With 102 million people in Delhi, you will hardly find places where there are few people, hence your perceived threat to your wife's safety will remain. Our area is safe. At the moment there are atleast 6 couples and 7 solo female travellers staying with us...all happy. Harish

This is a great place and value for money. The location is good; close to the metro and easy to get around. Breakfast is pretty good, which includes eggs, cereal, toast, water, coffee and tea. Wifi is great, rooms are clean and there is hot water!! The staff were very helpful, including helping us organise parts of our trip through India. They gave us a great deal for a car and driver for two weeks through Rajasthan. I would recommend this place if you are coming through Delhi.

Very nice stay, for 2 nights. Staff were very welcoming. We felt safe as 2 woman travellers. Free breakfast was great! Great room for what we paid for. Hot water only lasted a minute before turning colder - but this is pretty standard in India. The airport pickup was helpful as guesthouse is located down an alley off main road.

« first « Prev 1 2 3