Smyle Inn Reviews

916, Gali Chandi Wali, Main Bazaar, Paharganj 110055, New Delhi, India

I arrived 3 hours later than expected, and there was STILL a smiling driver waiting for me. The staff were very friendly, with very good English and when I asked about travel further north they gave me the honest ticket price. No personal commission added. Good people in a good place can make all the difference. Highly recommended. Thanks guys. See you again in january

• 24th Nov 2014

Had a great 4 nights at Smyle, once you get your head around the apparent chaos of Main Bazaar you will quickly enjoy the experience. It's great being in the heart of the action and the metro is only a 10 min walk away for when you want to get further afield. We booked a driver for the day from the travel desk which is worth doing. Room was large, clean and decent en suite and the breakfasts are good and filling. Eat brekkie late and it saves buying lunch! Would definitely stay again

Dear Guest, Thanks for the review and your kind words. Regards Harish

First to say that i had a bad time in delhi, but it would have been worse without the hotel. when you book try to get a room with the last numbers of 1,2 or 3, they are nicer than 4 and 5. the rooms are very spacious and clear. save is provided in the room and works well. was sick and they gave me free boiled rice, bananas and yoga, super nice. (give the pick up driver less tip than you want he will always ask for more, ALLWAYS) Felt super secure and home in this place. loved it.

i did not like, sorry. There is no window in the rooms and place is the most crowded. Anyway i stayed and nothing bad happened. Their turisim office working wery well and prices are reasonable. there is no teras cafe!! breakfast is poor.

Thanks for your review. The breakfast experiment did not work well and it we have reverted back to the old style. Breakfast is now working fine and our guest are happy with that. Thanks Harish

The hostel room was OK but not particularly clean. The bathroom window was open to the air so mosquitos could be a problem. The air con only worked intermittently. There is a public urinal at the top of the street. One plus: the small cafe directly across the road had nice food; I would recommend the Pad Thai. Although there is nothing critically bad about this hostel I would not stay here again.

Only stayed here for a few hours between my train and plane but had a nice hot shower, comfy sleep and filling breakfast. The wifi was pretty hopeless. Nice staff and a very clean and nicely decorated room.

Dear Guest, The day you came we had genuine issue with our internet. Both the service providers had issues and hence the internet was erratic. I am happy to report that it is resolved now. Hope you will have a better experience next time. Regards Harish

The area is like Delhi - love it or hate it. If it is your first stop in India, it might rather turn out to be hate. I enjoyed it and it's undeniably conveniently located near New Delhi Station. If you're just there for 1-2 nights and need to catch train or plane, this is a good option. The hotel itself is absolutely ok. Walls to the outside are paper-thin, which can be annoying since staff tends to be noisy. No street noise though, that's something in India. I liked the fact that they have PCs.

A cosy hotel in the middle of the bazaar district. Excellent location near the NDLS train station. Very helpful staff, arranged an airport pickup, then rescheduled at short notice when my flights changed. Has a small travel office, arranged an excellent 1 day tour of the major sights in Delhi. Very happy with my stay, already booked in again when I return to Delhi.

Staff and owner are very helpful and look after you well. Stayed in 2 rooms, both clean and nice. Good roof terrace and location in paharaganj. Good wifi. Poor breakfast.

Had a good stay, friendly personnel, the fact that there was someone that spoke proper English helped out a bunch. Wasn't ever so clean and the shower got the whole bathroom wet, but hey, it cost next to nothing and was in the middle of Delhi

• 4th Oct 2014

Located right in the heart of Paharganj, near to New Delhi station, the surrounding area is a little crazy but the rooftop terrace provides some quiet time. The hotel is split into two buildings and there is free breakfast and free wifi, usable in your room.

Don't expect anything fancy, but its a practical and convenient place to stay. We were on the top floor so carrying our bags up 4 flights of stairs was challenging, but nothing terrible. If you're looking for a cheap, clean place in a good location, this is for you.

Safari worth to do it in vinayak!

The hotel is right by the Main Bazaar in Paharganj so great location but actually difficult to find in the small alley (which begins with public men's urinals). The room and sheets were clean but smelled dusty. Additionally, do not expect any smiles from the staff at the Smyle Inn.

hi Sorry about the experience. But we always tell our guests to tell us if there is something not correct. Had you told us about the sheets we would have changed them right away. But still I am sorry this happened. I will take care that it does not happen again. Regards Harish

The staff in the tours and travels is very very very rude and racist. I got scammed in the railway station but i even got a dressing down from him. The room is very dirty when i get there.

We ensure that our staff is respectful to each and every one of our guests. As the guest themselves have written, they got scammed at Railway Station in spite of us warning them of the same.They wanted us to compensate!!, that was not fair.

Very close to the Delhi station. Clean room. Air-con regularly working. Not expensive. You'll feel comfortable here. And one thing that deserve special mention is staff's kindness. I asked them to stay in a cheep single, but they provided me 3 upgraded room with just a cheap single's fee because of no vacant cheap one. In addition, when I asked to take a shower there after checkout, they gently spared me a vacant room and let me take a shower. It was very impressed.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Bayezid1989
  • Japan

The best hostel we've ever been !

My girlfriend and I stayed at Smyle Inn toward the end of our trip and it worked out very while. No frills. You get a decent little breakfast, facilities worked, and the staff was nice. It's located in an alley of the main thoroughfare on Main Bazaar near the Railway station. It's about a 20 minute walk to Connaught Place which is a nice little shopping area with restaurants and the like. Can't complain.

Forever Loving Ya

We stayed at Smyle Inn for the last night of our 1 month in India, to catch a flight out of Delhi. It was a great starting point to see the city, and perfect for getting some last minute shopping accomplished. We were immediately impressed by the friendly staff, who were available and went out of their way to help make the best of our last days in India. Rooms were small and basic, but some of the cleanest we saw on our entire journey. A great home base in Delhi! (2 females, Canada)