Smyle Inn Reviews

916, Gali Chandi Wali, Main Bazaar, Paharganj 110055, New Delhi, India

Great location and friendly staff. All the sheets we had had stains so maybe some new sheets would be a good idea. Thank you for a great stay.

Standard basic rooms. Not the best place we stayed at so gave Smyle an average rating. Most satisfied with their breakfast and their travel agent helped us arrange a lot of our upcoming travels.

There are actually two buildings so that was a tad confusing. I didn't find it to be a good place for meeting other travelers but it was a nice home base in Delhi as it is walking distance to the subways and New Delhi train station. Staff was helpful.

Dear Guest, The perfect time to meet others in our lounge is during the breakfast time. After that normally everybody is out exploring the city given the limited time they have in Delhi. Sometimes guests come back in the evening in the lounge around 6pm to 7pm...but morning is a good time to meet others. Hope this helps Harish

It was our first time in Delhi and we enjoyed our stay here. Clean rooms, helpful staff and good facilities. There is a travel agency in the hostel that can help you out with all travel questions. Only 5/10 min straight forward walk to New Delhi train station. We recommend this hostel.

Good budget hostel if you want to be in the midst of Delhi. Outside it is loud and smelly, but that's why you're here, right? Friendly staff, rooms are clean enough, typical for India.

Close to train station and depending on time not to long to interstate bus terminal. Staff very helpful. Nice breakfast. Be careful on the streets people.

• 8th Oct 2015

Very friendly and helpfull staff. Havin paid just a little more than the cheapest stay made our stay very much worth any circumstance. For every future Guest of this establishment please note that, against what some smiling jung boys tell you about the reliability of eventual trip-bookings with smiley inn, you may trust them as you feel like. Everything worked out the way we wanted. Big Thanks to the team, anil, amir and the owner.

Staff were helpful enough, shame about the location down a horrible alley off the main bazaar very daunting arriving late at night.! Be sure to arrange airport transfer with the hostel!

Airport shuttle no problem. Not a too friendly reception. We were in Smile Inn building 2 in a room for 1200 Rs. Small window to the floor with mosquito protection. Room very silent. Air condition OK. Bathroom completely misdesigned: Tiny, no ventilation to the outside, after showering all the ground is wet. The breakfast was the worst I have ever eaten in my life. No social room. Internet failing frequently and very slow.

Thanks for sending us your comments. We have noted your feedback about the Internet and we will do something about it. Social room is in building no 1 on level 3. Usually people love our breakfast, but I am not sure what you did not like. I will interact personally with you on email regarding this issue and resolve.

Overall a very nice stay. On a couple of occasions the main guy at the front desk was pretty rude to us, but the rest of the staff were really nice.

Good hostel, helpful staff.

dorm room is great and clean. pretty quiet as it's off the main street. wasn't much of an atmosphere as there's only one dorm room and it was pretty empty. half the staff were great the other half were not friendly or helpful.

I stayed here twice, because I was so pleased with the first time. Accommodations in India can be questionable, but this place was clean, had reliable internet, and adequate service. I stayed in the "superior single" but I would recommend the standard single as they appear to have newer bathrooms and are a few dollars cheaper each night. If you ask the staff for a beer, they will bring you a large "super strong" beer to your room for about $2usd. Not much of a backpacker's culture.

Good budget hotel with a friendly and helpful staff who speaks good English generally. Good wifi in rooms. Breakfast was ok and the terrace where is served was quite lively in the morning. Ask for a quiet room if possible. In fact it has 2 different buildings separated around 30 ms from each other. Nice lobby in one of them. Superior room is really worth and mine was very clean. Money exchange, pickups and travel agency available. Highly recommended.

I found the smyle inn to be very good, the location is spot on and the staff are brilliantly helpful. The beds are comfortable and Breakfast is good also. I will stay there again without hesitation.

Breakfast is omelette/chipatti, water, coffee and banana, small bun.

Probably the cleanest hostel I've seen in India! Staff is very helpful and recommended us good places to eat, and you can't beat the location in the middle of the bazaar. It's down an alleyway so it's rather quiet too. (Not a scary alleyway as someone suggested - there are plenty of shops and hotels there so always people around.) Don't be alarmed if they lead you to another property, the hostel is in two buildings. Bit pricey for a private room but would stay again.

Amazing place, the people is so nice and they are always taking care of you. The desk for traveling has the normal prices, you can get cheaper in the street but is safer to buy them over there.

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Costa Rica

This is probably one of the best hostels I have stayed in India so far. To start off, the breakfast is sufficient and very nice. I believe they change it everyday. The travel desk helped me book tours and onward train journey. I got cheated by someone on the street trying to sell me things, I took help of the staff and was able to get my back. I am totally indebted to them for this. They went beyond the call of duty to help me get my money back. Two thumbs up.

• 6th Aug 2015