Smyle Inn Reviews

916, Gali Chandi Wali, Main Bazaar, Paharganj 110055, New Delhi, India

Excellent location if you wanna stay close to the Bazaar and train station. Room OK for the price. The owner is a nice guy, giving the directions, trying to see if there's nothing missing. I missed a good social area there, opened the whole night. I read people talking "It's dirty, people are strange etc..." in this case you shouldn't go to India.. India is a place for experienced backpackers or open minded people.Easy by metro, research it instead of getting a cab.At nirvana cafe turn left...

• 23rd Jan 2015

The only good things about this place are that it's near the railway station, that they have a hotel pickup service and the staff help you book transport etc. Other than that there are no positives about this venue. The location is down a horrible dark alley surrounded by men who follow you around and intimidate you - not good! The room had no windows so it was dark and dingy. It was very noisy too. I would never ever stay there again!

• 22nd Jan 2015

This was the first place we stayed in India, and it was wonderful. The staff are really helpful and friendly, and the location is pretty awesome too, right within the market and a short walk from Connaught place and New Delhi station. We ended up booking a tour of the golden triangle through them, so far so good, currently in Jaipur :))

• 21st Jan 2015

One of filthiest hotels ive ever stayed. Towels, sheets are grey and worn upon arrival, stains. Located in paharganj, do yourself a favor, dont stay in paharganj. Its a skeezy "bazaar", rats nest of touts, dark alleys, sleezeballs, and stray dogs. No reason to stay here except to catch early train. Even then prob worth waking up earlier and riding an auto rickshaw. Staff apathetic. I waited often on them. Each time returned to hotel felt like i was entering house of someone where i wasnt welcome

it was very nice hotel, also perfect location. very nice and good stuff, if you have problems, they all fix. we like and enjoy. maybe just internet is very poor.

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Lithuania

This hostel is right on Main Bazaar and close to two railway stations making it in a good location. The staff were helpful and accommodated us well considering I was extremely ill when I arrived. Our room had no hot water so they immediately moved us to a room that did. Would stay here again.

AC wasn't functional, no hot water and some electrical power shortages. It's nicely located and cheap but it comes with certain risks.

• 13th Jan 2015

We came as a group of nine and immediately felt at eAse once we were inside smyle inn. The staff were exceptionally friendly. And I mean every single one of them. they took the time to explain things that we did not understand. It was a truly great experience and would definitely stay in smyle inn if we come to Delhi again. - ASSIIUM

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Singapore

I stayed at Smyle Inn for 2 weeks whilst volunteering in Delhi. All of the staff were very welcoming and helped me with anything I needed throughout my trip. My room was big and clean. I used the travel desk to book a day tour which was fantastic, the driver was nice and knowledgeable and the cost was low. Free Wifi was very good! I thought the breakfast was great as there were different options everyday. I would highly recommend this hostel. Smyle Inn made me feel safe and at home in Delhi.

• 8th Jan 2015

Delhi was our first stop in India, we arrived at smyle inn very late one night & staff were lovely & efficient. We stayed 2 nights and were so glad we booked here. Clean rooms with warm blankets, hot showers when you asked (just tales 5mins to warm up thats ok). Wifi okay. Breakfast Yummy.staff were SO helpful,giving advice on buying a metro card, answering any questions.We bought SIM cards & after we had left I had a problem with vodafon & Harish helped me by email.Will stay again when I return

The hotel is good for India standards, clean, with a good breakfast, in a good location (although it´s down an alley), with a very good WiFi. The receptionists are not very welcoming, but on the other hand the manager/owner is a very nice person, very helpful, so it´s the best person to talk there.

My first night there was my first time in India so my opinion was a little negative but now that I've seen India a little more I understand how reasonable this hostel was. The biggest problem was the noise. It got very loud, the walls were super thin, you could hear people showering, talking inside, and outside, etc.

Room clean. We even got a heater. Speciality: the tourism bureau in the hostel. They give good advice and organized a personal driver for the whole day. The tour fulfilled all our wishes.

For the price range this is a fantastic hotel. The private rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. Breakfast is provided free of charge and makes for a good opportunity to meet with other fellow travellers. Would stay there again were I to return to Delhi.

Just on the alley of Main Bazaar where is close to the New Delhi Railway Station. It's quite convenient to live in this are while remain some quietness. It's much like a budget hotel than a hostel since it lacks social area. The room is clean, although the light is dim. If you feel cold during winter time, don't forget ask staff to give a extra portable heater.

We skipped our first days in Delhi there for other place, big mistake! wish we had stayed there since beginning! best toilets I had in India, good breakfast and clean room. only tricky thing is the location, but not a problem if you want to be in the middle of the markets, food (: also pretty close from train station

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Location is very near to the railway station. Just abit hard to find from the main street, you have to go in a small corner only u will find the hostel location. Staffs are friendly and good there, help us book all the train tickets we needed for our trip with minimal commission. The cleanliness are okay compare to other hostel we stayed in india.

Good location, clean rooms, nice staff

everything was excellent besides the travel agent who ignored our requests to travel on a train and just wanted us to rent a car guide and kept persisting on the car guide so we went to another travel agent.

The unhelpful staff in the reseption keeps turning the hot water off from the rooms. The location is not ideal unless you plan to take the train the following morning. Rooms are small, rather dirty and noicy. The breakfast at the roof top is a joke. I wouldn't stay again. There are plenty of other hotels if you need to stay at this not so nice area.

Dear Guest Thanks for your feedback. We have put stickers in each bathroom and advise you that hot water in wing 1 building works on demand and we close it after you are done. This is to conserve electricity and do our bit for the environment. Most people are happy about our location but there are exceptions like you. Sorry about the room being dirty, but had you raised a concern about it at the reception we would have sorted it immediately. Sorry to hear you wont stay again. Regards Harish

« first « Prev 1 2 3