Smyle Inn Reviews

916, Gali Chandi Wali, Main Bazaar, Paharganj 110055, New Delhi, India

Probably the cleanest hostel I've seen in India! Staff is very helpful and recommended us good places to eat, and you can't beat the location in the middle of the bazaar. It's down an alleyway so it's rather quiet too. (Not a scary alleyway as someone suggested - there are plenty of shops and hotels there so always people around.) Don't be alarmed if they lead you to another property, the hostel is in two buildings. Bit pricey for a private room but would stay again.

Amazing place, the people is so nice and they are always taking care of you. The desk for traveling has the normal prices, you can get cheaper in the street but is safer to buy them over there.

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Costa Rica

This is probably one of the best hostels I have stayed in India so far. To start off, the breakfast is sufficient and very nice. I believe they change it everyday. The travel desk helped me book tours and onward train journey. I got cheated by someone on the street trying to sell me things, I took help of the staff and was able to get my back. I am totally indebted to them for this. They went beyond the call of duty to help me get my money back. Two thumbs up.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Iceland

All good...nothing more to say. Make sure to take the pickup from them. I took a prepaid taxi at airport and was cheated by the taxi driver and tourist office who said that Smyle Inn is closed. When the owner Harish contacted me next day, he picked my up from the hotel where I was dumped by the tourist office for INR5000 per night...I could have saved the trouble had I booked the pickup for INR560 (about GBP6). They also gave me good travel advise. Please order airport pickup to avoid scams.

• 5th Aug 2015

The hostel is really nice and clean, staff looks a little but rude at first but then they are really nice and helpful. We felt like home in the hostel.

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Smyle inn isn't really a backpackers hostel as it is difficult to meet people because there is not really a common area. The area surrounding the hostel is a market area so people always were on top of you. The staff and the rooms were great. It was the first time I have actually been cold in a room in India which is definitely saying something.

Dear Guest, I reckon you have not been to the lounge in the Wing 1 building where the travel desk is situated. Around breakfast time, it is very happening, however during day all are outside doing sightseeing etc. So the best time to interact is in the morning during breakfast time. In the middle of the summer if you were feeling cold in the room, it means that the air conditions are working fine. I am glad that you liked our rooms and staff and hope to see you soon again. Regards Harish

We enjoyed our stay and were made to feel very welcome. The staff, especially Alum, were very helpful and welcoming. Thank you.

• 24th Jul 2015

Excellente

Great complimentary breakfast, friendly staff and awesome travel advisor! Alley way leading into hostel looks sketchy but inside is very nice.

We stayed at Smyle Inn for 8 days. Only thing we liked was that it's RIGHT NEXT TO THE RAILWAY STATION so we could leave the city very easily. Smyle inn recommended their taxi service, which they said cheaper and safer. So we did. It is our fault that didn't research much and just trusted them. THEY COST $8(480Rs), WHICH SHOULD BE $4.5(274Rs)! Our bathroom SMELLED SO BAD and the DOOR WAS BROKEN, and to change it we checked other rooms but all same. LOUD, UNCLEAN but SAFE(feel unsafe) neighbor.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

i got a marvellous experience in this hostel, 100% recommended, installations were clean, everything working properly, A/C, internet, the staff very helpfull and the owner were helping me with some questions, they helped me to book my bus ticket. by far one of the best places i ve been lately!!

Has everything you need from a hostel, hot shower and clean rooms. Also has a travel desk where the staff will help you book bus and rail tickets. One drawback is there is no good common area so it's difficult to meet other tourists. Also the hostel is located in the middle of the bazaar which is interesting but can be a bit overwhelming when you step outside the hostel but it's also located five mins from Delhi train station which is great if you're intercity traveling. Also very friendly staff

The Smyle Inn is a conveniently located hostel for any backpacker in Delhi; located in Pahar Ganj, Main Bazaar. A walk or short rickshaw ride from many of the worth while sites. The staff are always around, very friendly and extremely helpful - they can be trusted when seeking tourist information or just booking transport to other parts of India - suited to your own requirements. The rooms are clean with decent working facilities. During my returns to Delhi I was always given a warm welcome.

• 29th May 2015

I tought was a nice hostel in a good location. The staff wasnt very helpfull at all and for delhi i think that was expensive considering the rest of the places were cheaper and very similar with nicer staff

• 18th May 2015
  • Spain

Staff was very helpful and the rooms were great!

Good location. Small rooms but good AC. Bathroom was smelly.

The staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Cheap laundry service, a good breakfast included and information about Delhi always available. Airport transfer and room good value for money. Great location, the hostel is set back off the main road but in a busy touristic area and is inbetween two metros making the city accessible.

Very nice hostel with reasonable room rates in the Main Bazaar area. Rooms are simple but clean and the staff can give very useful travel advice, all without trying to send you somewhere they can earn a commission.

• 2nd May 2015

location couldn't be better, right in the thick of the main bazaar. Airport pickup made the initial transition into daily very easy.

• 1st May 2015

Great place to stay for our first time in Delhi. Bit hard to find but we asked around and people were happy to show us the way. Comfortable bed, hot water, air con. Great staff very helpful. Would definitely recommend.