Smyle Inn Reviews

916, Gali Chandi Wali, Main Bazaar, Paharganj 110055, New Delhi, India

Wasn't over joyed had a bit of fight to get them to allow us the room we booked.

• 1st Jul 2014

Dear Edward, Your review is a case of misunderstanding. Normal checkin time is 12noon. We gave you checkin at 9:30AM. We cannot provide rooms prior to 12 noon as per policy. However in some case we provide room after 8am if the rooms are vacant from last night. When you came at 8:30am there were no rooms ready. The moment we got the room ready we gave it to you which was about 2:30 hours prior to regular checkin time. Hope this clears your doubts. Regards Harish

This hotel is Ok, you get what you pay for. Breakfast is free and is not bad, it is also not a bad spot to meet people (breakfast that is). Rooms are small but have excellent air conditioning and are cleaner than some other hotels in India. Staff were very helpful. The public urinal out the front is quite unpleasant but the location is good if you want to be near the train station.

A decent budget hotel in New Delhi. Free breakfast and good wifi were bonuses, as well as the travel desk who helped to arrange tours and activities.

Smyle Inn served us well while we were in Delhi. The breakfast on the rooftop is good.

Excellent location. Organised airport pickup for us since we arrived at 3am in morning. Flight was an hour late landing but they still waited for us and didn't charge any extra. Would stay here again

Smyle Inn is in one of the coolest and interesting street in Delhi! A good start. The people working there were super nice. I could just say, smyle Inn is great!

We had a nice stay at the Smyle Inn, just off the great Main Bazaar road, the room was simple and clean. The service was excellent.

It was a nice place. Breakfast was a little poor. On the street right by the hotel they had a open public urinal, that was really practical. Right next 2 the urinal there is a really good restaurant. Friendly people in that street, they even say hi to you while urinating. Clean room, friendly stuff, cool rooftop!

• 26th May 2014
  • Switzerland

The staff here is incredible. They were helpful from beginning to end and managed to fulfill all my requests. When my friend got sick, the whole staff knew about it, and they were all really considerate. The room was good, with air condition, hot shower and wifi. The included breakfast was fine and i found everything clean. Besides a missing toilet brush they had everything we needed. It's a really nice place and it's located just behind the busy main bazaar street in New Delhi. Recommended!

Was expensive for hostels in delhi, but great location, close to train and main street and good restaurants. breakfast area was outside so was very hot in 48 degree heat and no air con. staff was lovely, very helpful, especially one of the owners who looked after stuff we left there for 3 weeks, and the guy at the tourist info, who booked us amazing tours. And for Riyaz, our tour guide for a week, amazing, funny, safe and brought us to amazing places, highly recommend just for him alone, bestest

We reserved two nights at this hotel, and the room was really good for the price we paid. It was really clean and the bed was really comfortable. Well located just 30 sec to the main street where they sell clothing and shoes. 5 minutes by walk from the train station. We took a tour from there to Agra with Amin tour and it was really great.

Definitely worth the money. Located in pretty good shopping area. A LOT of shops, bars, and food surrounding the hostel that stay open late. Beware of the scam artists tho. There are plenty of them lurking the streets at night. Trying to get you to come see their tourist office. Use their airport pickup service. I didn't and had a taxi driver drive in circles trying to find it. He also wanted me to pay more because of it. Located by train and metro stations was nice too. Good place to stay

The location was great: just inside a path from the Main Bazaar, and less than 10 minutes to the New Delhi Railway Station. Pick-up service from the airport is great help for new travellers. I would say the quality (including cleanliness) was average, although I haven't stayed in other places in Delhi. The bed was too huge for the room, and that's why I felt the room so small. The tourist information office in the same building did great help for me, and the staff was really friendly.

This is my 2nd visit this lovely place. Recently the room was renovated. It is clean and comfortable.The location is very good in the midle of town near train station.All staff are friendly.This is the most value hotel ever....

A clean hostel with pretty small rooms in a good location next to New Delhi Station. The personal was nice and helpful. The only thing was that the man in the tour office tried five times to convince us to book a driver for our Rajasthan tour although we clearly stated that we want to go by our own.

• 18th Apr 2014

Smyle in had lovely rooms, especially for the low cost. The bathrooms were amazing, air conditioning was even better. Most of the staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. There was one gentleman working there who didn't contribute much to our experience. He wasn't friendly or helpful in the slightest. Made me feel like an annoyance rather than a guest, but if you can dodge him (or have more patience than I) I would definitely recommend here.

Very clean for being in New Dehli. I would suggest an airport pick up if you're coming from the airport. Otherwise the place may be difficult to find.

Very nice hotel staff was very friendly .room was very clean. And the location is fantastic. Thankyou very much for everithing.

Nice breakfast in the morning. Good wifi. 5 minute walk to New Delhi train station and Metro. Down an alley next to the busy street, near a few bars and some comfy roof top restaurants. Nice room with cosy bathroom good place to dump the bags and see the sights. Staff are really cool and helpful and booking transport is easy with them.

The staff are super friendly and super helpful. I forgot to bring power adapter and one staff even borrowed his personal one to me. The location is good with lots of restaurants nearby open late!

• 23rd Mar 2014