Smyle Inn Reviews

916, Gali Chandi Wali, Main Bazaar, Paharganj 110055, New Delhi, India

Some reviews say this is hard to find but its really not. Just ask the hotel for directions and they will email you them. Its literally 5 minutes walk from new delhi train station. Staff at the front desk were polite and offered lots of tourist advice. Room was fantastic and a great break from the chaos of a day in delhi. We left delhi really relaxed after staying here.

Great location down a quiet alley off of the noisy and crowded main road. We greatly appreciated the very helpful staff, who gave us excellent advice on transportation and where to eat. When we had a question about train tickets, a staff member immediately dropped what he was doing and helped us reserve tickets on the right train. Also, hot water and soap and towels are provided which is a huge plus!

Though much of Delhi is quite different from western cities, the area where this hotel is very unsafe. It is tooked away in an alleyway and on the edge of the main bazaar that attracts unwanted attention. We travel as a couple and I honestly worried about my wife's safety. The quilt in the room was not sheets but blankets that don't get washed daily due to the material which is unhygienic. I can see while budget travellers choose this place. We stayed 1 night out of the 6 paid for!

• 31st Jan 2015

Dear Anthony, If it is the safety you are concerned, I must say that it was a scare that you had built around you un-necessarily. I believe you are not used to so many people packed in small area. With 102 million people in Delhi, you will hardly find places where there are few people, hence your perceived threat to your wife's safety will remain. Our area is safe. At the moment there are atleast 6 couples and 7 solo female travellers staying with us...all happy. Harish

This is a great place and value for money. The location is good; close to the metro and easy to get around. Breakfast is pretty good, which includes eggs, cereal, toast, water, coffee and tea. Wifi is great, rooms are clean and there is hot water!! The staff were very helpful, including helping us organise parts of our trip through India. They gave us a great deal for a car and driver for two weeks through Rajasthan. I would recommend this place if you are coming through Delhi.

Very nice stay, for 2 nights. Staff were very welcoming. We felt safe as 2 woman travellers. Free breakfast was great! Great room for what we paid for. Hot water only lasted a minute before turning colder - but this is pretty standard in India. The airport pickup was helpful as guesthouse is located down an alley off main road.

Perfect low budget hotel in the centre of delhi in the backpackersarea and close to the train and metro station. Standard rooms are pretty small, but for us no problem at all, if you would like to have more space, then better book an deluxe room. Breakfast was really good! And the staff is really friendly, they helping you with everything!

Excellent location if you wanna stay close to the Bazaar and train station. Room OK for the price. The owner is a nice guy, giving the directions, trying to see if there's nothing missing. I missed a good social area there, opened the whole night. I read people talking "It's dirty, people are strange etc..." in this case you shouldn't go to India.. India is a place for experienced backpackers or open minded people.Easy by metro, research it instead of getting a cab.At nirvana cafe turn left...

• 23rd Jan 2015

The only good things about this place are that it's near the railway station, that they have a hotel pickup service and the staff help you book transport etc. Other than that there are no positives about this venue. The location is down a horrible dark alley surrounded by men who follow you around and intimidate you - not good! The room had no windows so it was dark and dingy. It was very noisy too. I would never ever stay there again!

• 22nd Jan 2015

This was the first place we stayed in India, and it was wonderful. The staff are really helpful and friendly, and the location is pretty awesome too, right within the market and a short walk from Connaught place and New Delhi station. We ended up booking a tour of the golden triangle through them, so far so good, currently in Jaipur :))

• 21st Jan 2015

One of filthiest hotels ive ever stayed. Towels, sheets are grey and worn upon arrival, stains. Located in paharganj, do yourself a favor, dont stay in paharganj. Its a skeezy "bazaar", rats nest of touts, dark alleys, sleezeballs, and stray dogs. No reason to stay here except to catch early train. Even then prob worth waking up earlier and riding an auto rickshaw. Staff apathetic. I waited often on them. Each time returned to hotel felt like i was entering house of someone where i wasnt welcome

it was very nice hotel, also perfect location. very nice and good stuff, if you have problems, they all fix. we like and enjoy. maybe just internet is very poor.

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Lithuania

This hostel is right on Main Bazaar and close to two railway stations making it in a good location. The staff were helpful and accommodated us well considering I was extremely ill when I arrived. Our room had no hot water so they immediately moved us to a room that did. Would stay here again.

AC wasn't functional, no hot water and some electrical power shortages. It's nicely located and cheap but it comes with certain risks.

Dear Sir, Air con gives cool air which is required in the summer months from Mar till November. However in January no one need air con. If you needed heater, you should have just inquired from the reception and the same would have been provided. Power outage is a norm in India, however we do have generators which get turned on when there is no power. Wonder what power outage you are talking about. I think it is just some misunderstanding. Better to just ask to clear doubts. Regards Harish

We came as a group of nine and immediately felt at eAse once we were inside smyle inn. The staff were exceptionally friendly. And I mean every single one of them. they took the time to explain things that we did not understand. It was a truly great experience and would definitely stay in smyle inn if we come to Delhi again. - ASSIIUM

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Singapore

Great Location of Hotel at Main Bazaar. Price includes Breakfast. Everything was very uncomplicated.

I stayed at Smyle Inn for 2 weeks whilst volunteering in Delhi. All of the staff were very welcoming and helped me with anything I needed throughout my trip. My room was big and clean. I used the travel desk to book a day tour which was fantastic, the driver was nice and knowledgeable and the cost was low. Free Wifi was very good! I thought the breakfast was great as there were different options everyday. I would highly recommend this hostel. Smyle Inn made me feel safe and at home in Delhi.

• 8th Jan 2015

Delhi was our first stop in India, we arrived at smyle inn very late one night & staff were lovely & efficient. We stayed 2 nights and were so glad we booked here. Clean rooms with warm blankets, hot showers when you asked (just tales 5mins to warm up thats ok). Wifi okay. Breakfast Yummy.staff were SO helpful,giving advice on buying a metro card, answering any questions.We bought SIM cards & after we had left I had a problem with vodafon & Harish helped me by email.Will stay again when I return

The hotel is good for India standards, clean, with a good breakfast, in a good location (although it´s down an alley), with a very good WiFi. The receptionists are not very welcoming, but on the other hand the manager/owner is a very nice person, very helpful, so it´s the best person to talk there.

My first night there was my first time in India so my opinion was a little negative but now that I've seen India a little more I understand how reasonable this hostel was. The biggest problem was the noise. It got very loud, the walls were super thin, you could hear people showering, talking inside, and outside, etc.

Room clean. We even got a heater. Speciality: the tourism bureau in the hostel. They give good advice and organized a personal driver for the whole day. The tour fulfilled all our wishes.