Smyle Inn Reviews

916, Gali Chandi Wali, Main Bazaar, Paharganj 110055, New Delhi, India

Hostel has everything you need in a good location. We had a great stay here. We were only supposed to stay 1 night but extended our stay and booked in later in our trip when we needed to fly back to Delhi. The staff are so friendly and really go out of their way to help you. There is a good travel desk - the guy there helped us plan the rest of our travels in India.

I called the front desk and got hung up on twice. You have to ask for hot water and ac to be turned on. I went two days until i figured that out. No blanket in room. Tour guy on 3rd floor is very helpful.

Wasn't a bad place to stay, close to market and there's plenty of tuk Tuks around to take you to any tourist site.

Great location and friendly staff. All the sheets we had had stains so maybe some new sheets would be a good idea. Thank you for a great stay.

Dear Guest, I have noted your request and will personally look at the laundry arrivals. Thanks for pointing this out. Ideally this should not happen. I assure you a quick action. Regards Harish

Standard basic rooms. Not the best place we stayed at so gave Smyle an average rating. Most satisfied with their breakfast and their travel agent helped us arrange a lot of our upcoming travels.

Located in a very smelly alleyway as the address states! But very close to Delhi train station, and at the doorstep of a big bazaar, the staff were good and helpful and the facilities were also good- thanks for the stay!

Good location.. it is like the real indian experience.. the staff was bit rude.. maybe because they were there 24h and never rested. The breakfasst was good.. the rooms were ok.. good value for the money. Ill recomend to have dinner just in front of the hostel in the nepal lady restaudrant.. very good. The hostel has a travel agency which helped us to book a private driver for our whole trip which was very nice.

Friendly place in an unfriendly environment. Maybe avoid the cucumber at breakfast if you can though.

There are actually two buildings so that was a tad confusing. I didn't find it to be a good place for meeting other travelers but it was a nice home base in Delhi as it is walking distance to the subways and New Delhi train station. Staff was helpful.

Dear Guest, The perfect time to meet others in our lounge is during the breakfast time. After that normally everybody is out exploring the city given the limited time they have in Delhi. Sometimes guests come back in the evening in the lounge around 6pm to 7pm...but morning is a good time to meet others. Hope this helps Harish

It was our first time in Delhi and we enjoyed our stay here. Clean rooms, helpful staff and good facilities. There is a travel agency in the hostel that can help you out with all travel questions. Only 5/10 min straight forward walk to New Delhi train station. We recommend this hostel.

Good budget hostel if you want to be in the midst of Delhi. Outside it is loud and smelly, but that's why you're here, right? Friendly staff, rooms are clean enough, typical for India.

Close to train station and depending on time not to long to interstate bus terminal. Staff very helpful. Nice breakfast. Be careful on the streets people.

• 8th Oct 2015

Very friendly and helpfull staff. Havin paid just a little more than the cheapest stay made our stay very much worth any circumstance. For every future Guest of this establishment please note that, against what some smiling jung boys tell you about the reliability of eventual trip-bookings with smiley inn, you may trust them as you feel like. Everything worked out the way we wanted. Big Thanks to the team, anil, amir and the owner.

Staff were helpful enough, shame about the location down a horrible alley off the main bazaar very daunting arriving late at night.! Be sure to arrange airport transfer with the hostel!

Airport shuttle no problem. Not a too friendly reception. We were in Smile Inn building 2 in a room for 1200 Rs. Small window to the floor with mosquito protection. Room very silent. Air condition OK. Bathroom completely misdesigned: Tiny, no ventilation to the outside, after showering all the ground is wet. The breakfast was the worst I have ever eaten in my life. No social room. Internet failing frequently and very slow.

Thanks for sending us your comments. We have noted your feedback about the Internet and we will do something about it. Social room is in building no 1 on level 3. Usually people love our breakfast, but I am not sure what you did not like. I will interact personally with you on email regarding this issue and resolve.

Overall a very nice stay. On a couple of occasions the main guy at the front desk was pretty rude to us, but the rest of the staff were really nice.

Good hostel, helpful staff.

dorm room is great and clean. pretty quiet as it's off the main street. wasn't much of an atmosphere as there's only one dorm room and it was pretty empty. half the staff were great the other half were not friendly or helpful.

I stayed here twice, because I was so pleased with the first time. Accommodations in India can be questionable, but this place was clean, had reliable internet, and adequate service. I stayed in the "superior single" but I would recommend the standard single as they appear to have newer bathrooms and are a few dollars cheaper each night. If you ask the staff for a beer, they will bring you a large "super strong" beer to your room for about $2usd. Not much of a backpacker's culture.