Snoozles Hostel Galway Reviews

Forster Street, Galway, Ireland

I really enjoyed staying at snoozles. The WiFi was fantastic throughout which was a big plus for me. The best thing about this hostel was the staff. If I had to say anything it would be that since the coach station is right next door it was very loud. I had a room on the street and I couldn't sleep because of the constant bus noise. Otherwise it was great and I think a different room on the garden side would have been great! I would stay again.

I had a very good Time in snoozles, sadely i only stayed for 2 nights... It was one of the best hostel i went to while travelling in ireland!

• 14th Jul 2014

Staf were friendly and helpful when asking for info.. Rooms ridiculously hot. and noisy by the road.

• 12th Jul 2014

Dear Danielle, Thank you for your review and feedback. I am sorry you found the room too hot – each room has an individual thermostat on the radiator which can be adjusted to your own preference. We hope you had a safe journey home!

The best hostel we have visited on our journey through Ireland. Clean, nice, superfriendly staff,soap in the bathroom, tasty breakfast, I can only recommend it to all who want to visit Galway.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hi Guys, Thank you for your 100% review and lovely feedback! It was great to meet you all and we hope you had a safe journey home! Děkuji!

Accepting Stag/Hen parties is an acknowledgement that you value money above the comfort of your guests. If you are going to accept these parties, you should make them pay the bill of each person they keep awake on whichever night it is that they choose to come back to the hostel transmogrified with the drink. Personally I would stop accepting them. You would likely increase the amount of return business you do. As it stands, I will not be returning, despite the high scores in every other regard.

• 5th Jul 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear you were disturbed by other guests who returned a little ‘transmogrified’. It is such a shame you did not let us know at the time so we could rectify the situation immediately – unfortunately, letting us know via a review after your stay is too late for us to help! We actively prevent excess notice – you may have noticed we rarely, if ever, have reviews mentioning noise complaints. Thank you for your high scores in all other categories!

I recommend this hostel. I write this comments in Japanese for Japanese people reference. コーチステーションのすぐ近くでとても利用しやすかったです。繁華街へも歩いて行くことができます。 スタッフもフレンドリーな雰囲気です。 シャワーは日本のプールについているようなシャワーですが、きれいでした。

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Japan

ありがとう (Thank You!)

Simply perfect... location..staff...facilities.... and if u have a car, the deal that you get if a fair as it gets! cheers lads! Gabor

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Hungary

Hi Gabor! Thank you very much for your review and great feedback – I am glad you found our discounted car parking beneficial! We hope you enjoyed your time in Galway and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon! Köszönöm!

Excellent hostel, very modern. I di book it for the pqrking, which they qctuqlly don't have

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review and feedback – we have a car park right next door, less than 50 metres away that is secure, indoor and costs just €5 for 24 hours! If you choose to stay with us again, please ask for the car parking information and we will happily direct you. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Very friendly staff, but the breakfast was not really good.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Spain

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Everything was within walking distance, and the staff were exceptionally helpful. It was clean, and our room was spacious. They also had nice extras, like hair dryers and hair straighteners you could borrow from the reception desk.

Snoozles was great - close to the main bus station and basically on top of the main private coach station. A little tricky to find if you don't know where your'e going, but well-marked. The staff was the highlight. The bathroom was clean but definitely dorm-like, and the shower was a little leaky. All in all, it was a fine place to stay.

The staff were extremely friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable. The hostel's central location is fantastic for getting around the city. The kitchen contained everything you could require and there is a lovely patio area as well as the common space indoors. The room was tidy, clean and spacious, and the bathroom was clean. It was my second visit and I'm sure I'll be back!

Really enjoyed my stay, really nice & helpful staff

I loved to stay at the snoozles youth hostel!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Very enjoyable stay ! The hostel and staff were super

• 20th Jun 2014

Enough cannot be said about the staff. They are wonderful. Impressive hostel. Thry have maintained the standards over the four years I was last at the hostel.

a little bit expensive

:) loved it. thank you.

• 14th Jun 2014

The staff said hostel guests could get a discount on the car park just around the corner and pay only €5 for a 24 hour period, but they didn't bother to mention that there are two car parks right next to each other and that the discount is only valid for one of them. I only found this out the next morning and had to pay €20 instead of €5, so I'm not really satisfied with this hostel.

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear you parked in the wrong car park. When guests enquire about parking, we offer a map and a photo of the entrance to ensure they use the correct car park and pay the least amount possible. It is a shame you did not come back to the hostel to tell us you had parked in the wrong car park – we could have contacted them to try and secure a discount. Despite this, I hope you enjoyed your time in Galway and had a safe onward journey.

Really enjoyed the balcony overlooking a beautiful garden. In my opinion, this is the cheapest and most centrally located hostel. The staff was extremely friendly and even gave us vouchers entitling us to more benefits in the quays area. Would strongly recommend this hostel. Also helped that it was located just seconds off the new bus terminal.

• 8th Jun 2014