Snoozles Hostel Galway Reviews

Forster Street, Galway, Ireland

Excellent hostel, one of the bests I've stayed in!

Massive hostel that looks/feels more like a hotel with good atmosphere, about ten minutes' walk out of the main town hub. Common areas were small, and got busy during peak times, but they had good facilities. Galway is a party town and in tourist season, this is a fun hostel, with groups left/right/centre chatting and starting to party. The staff were amazingly helpful with directions, advice, etc. Security is tight, especially at night (don't forget your night-time entry card!). Loved Snoozles!

Kind of large and impersonal, but quite close to Eyre square and very convenient! There were several large youth groups staying at the same time as us, making breakfast a bit crowded, and there were a few folks who were a bit loud and rowdy at night, but the rooms were decent and clean and the wi-fi signal was good, which seems to be a rare thing in Ireland!

Staff are insane...ly friendly

It was very confusing to find the right car park. There are like 3 of them on the same street and you can only get a discount at one: Q-Park Coach Station Car Park.

I really enjoyed staying at snoozles. The WiFi was fantastic throughout which was a big plus for me. The best thing about this hostel was the staff. If I had to say anything it would be that since the coach station is right next door it was very loud. I had a room on the street and I couldn't sleep because of the constant bus noise. Otherwise it was great and I think a different room on the garden side would have been great! I would stay again.

I had a very good Time in snoozles, sadely i only stayed for 2 nights... It was one of the best hostel i went to while travelling in ireland!

• 14th Jul 2014

After traveling to dozens of countries and staying in a myriad of beds/couches/futons I can say with confidence that I've never slept in a more comfortable bed! Bravo!

• 13th Jul 2014

Modern, large, hostel that is well equipped. Atmosphere is a bit cold, unlike is smaller hostels

• 13th Jul 2014

Staf were friendly and helpful when asking for info.. Rooms ridiculously hot. and noisy by the road.

• 12th Jul 2014

Dear Danielle, Thank you for your review and feedback. I am sorry you found the room too hot – each room has an individual thermostat on the radiator which can be adjusted to your own preference. We hope you had a safe journey home!

The best hostel we have visited on our journey through Ireland. Clean, nice, superfriendly staff,soap in the bathroom, tasty breakfast, I can only recommend it to all who want to visit Galway.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hi Guys, Thank you for your 100% review and lovely feedback! It was great to meet you all and we hope you had a safe journey home! Děkuji!

Accepting Stag/Hen parties is an acknowledgement that you value money above the comfort of your guests. If you are going to accept these parties, you should make them pay the bill of each person they keep awake on whichever night it is that they choose to come back to the hostel transmogrified with the drink. Personally I would stop accepting them. You would likely increase the amount of return business you do. As it stands, I will not be returning, despite the high scores in every other regard.

• 5th Jul 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear you were disturbed by other guests who returned a little ‘transmogrified’. It is such a shame you did not let us know at the time so we could rectify the situation immediately – unfortunately, letting us know via a review after your stay is too late for us to help! We actively prevent excess notice – you may have noticed we rarely, if ever, have reviews mentioning noise complaints. Thank you for your high scores in all other categories!

I recommend this hostel. I write this comments in Japanese for Japanese people reference. コーチステーションのすぐ近くでとても利用しやすかったです。繁華街へも歩いて行くことができます。 スタッフもフレンドリーな雰囲気です。 シャワーは日本のプールについているようなシャワーですが、きれいでした。

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Japan

ありがとう (Thank You!)

The staff were wonderful to talk to, and the facilities were substantially better than I expected. It was also great that its located literally next door to the bus station. If I'm ever back in Galway, I'll be sure to book my stay at Snoozles,

• 3rd Jul 2014

Simply perfect... location..staff...facilities.... and if u have a car, the deal that you get if a fair as it gets! cheers lads! Gabor

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Hungary

Hi Gabor! Thank you very much for your review and great feedback – I am glad you found our discounted car parking beneficial! We hope you enjoyed your time in Galway and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon! Köszönöm!

Excellent hostel, very modern. I di book it for the pqrking, which they qctuqlly don't have

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review and feedback – we have a car park right next door, less than 50 metres away that is secure, indoor and costs just €5 for 24 hours! If you choose to stay with us again, please ask for the car parking information and we will happily direct you. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Very friendly staff, but the breakfast was not really good.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Spain

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Everything was within walking distance, and the staff were exceptionally helpful. It was clean, and our room was spacious. They also had nice extras, like hair dryers and hair straighteners you could borrow from the reception desk.

Snoozles was great - close to the main bus station and basically on top of the main private coach station. A little tricky to find if you don't know where your'e going, but well-marked. The staff was the highlight. The bathroom was clean but definitely dorm-like, and the shower was a little leaky. All in all, it was a fine place to stay.

The staff were extremely friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable. The hostel's central location is fantastic for getting around the city. The kitchen contained everything you could require and there is a lovely patio area as well as the common space indoors. The room was tidy, clean and spacious, and the bathroom was clean. It was my second visit and I'm sure I'll be back!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5