Snoozles Hostel Galway Reviews

Forster Street, Galway, Ireland

We had an enjoyable stay here. Stayed in a 4 bed dorm. The staff member that checked us in was excellent. Have a parking deal for 5 euro a day which was useful for us. Free breakfast if you wake us early enough. Only problem was the shower was pretty crappy and leaked water all over our bathroom floor but was only a minor issue. Would definitely recommend this hostel

Cathi, the lass from Finland, was very kind and so helpful. 5 stars for her ! I had to take the bus at 4 am on 12 September, the lad who was at the desk at night was very kind as well. 5 stars for him. I'll be coming back to visit Ireland one day, for sure :-) Super staff !

• 9th Sep 2014

Excellent all round. Cannot fault anything. Staff very helpful and friendly.

• 6th Sep 2014

Staff were brilliant. Katie (if I remember correctly) was extremely helpful.

Of all the hostels I stayed while visiting Ireland, Snoozles was by far the best. I originally clicked on it because I liked the name and ended up choosing it because of what it offered. And when I showed up, it was even better than I had imagined it would be. It's location makes it a good choice for bus and train travelers and is an easy walk from the city center. I would definitely choose it again were I to ever return to Galway, which will hopefully be sooner rather than later.

• 4th Sep 2014

everything was fine, the attention of the staff was very nice and the breakfast was

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Chile

I really enjoyed the stay at Snoozles in Galway - the staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were comfortable and even en-suite. The only thing to criticize is the bathroom. It was not asclean as the rest and after having a shower nearly the whole floor was flooded.... But all in all it was a great time there! The staff even organised a tour to the Cliffs which was definitely a highlight! Recommended! :)

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Austria

Very good hostel, very nice atmosphere with a big common room. Big kitchen with everything you need. Parking is possible in a car park for 5€. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Probably the best hostel we stayed in Ireland. The staff were very sensitive and helpful, the breakfast was nice, comfy beds. There's a cheap parking lot very close by that only cost €5 a day after you get the hostel's discount. Shops near by and few minutes walking to the center. Even though all the facilities were new, the only down side was a puddle left in the bathroom after using it, and the toilet was hard to flash. But overall, good value for the money!

It is a very good hostel and the staff is extremely friendly. We felt very comfortable an welcomed. I liked very much some details about organization, for example bringing the pillow case to the reception or labelling the food. Two things I didn't like: 1 beds wer too short for tall People (only 1.90m !) 2 Our room faced to the bus station (they are active from 5 am to 2:15 am and they are VERY loud) and our room was besides the lift, was also very noisy. So most of the nights we didn't sleep.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Really great hostel, nice staff who try to help you by any means and great location!

• 28th Aug 2014

Well located, clean, affordable with good staff. Although checking in took almost 20 minutes. More staff is maybe needed. The breakfast room is a little small but works.

This was by far one of the best hostels i've stayed in. Myself and 6 of my friends stayed here for one night and the staff there were extremely helpful, friendly and informative. The girl at reception who checked us in gave us great advice on the best pubs to go out to, and they allowed us have a few drinks in the common area before we left for the night. For such a reasonable price the rooms were very satisfactory, with clean sheets and comfortable beds. Would definitely reccommend this place.

• 26th Aug 2014

Very nice stay with a good breakfast. We enjoy it.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Good location, good staff and good overall environment

• 23rd Aug 2014

It s very good hostel. Staff is very kind and always there when you have some questions !!! Just near galway center (5min on walk) it s a very good point...

• 18th Aug 2014

Beside a bus station. So it can be very hard to sleep in the rooms at the front of the hostel. As the buses go at all times and sound like they're in the room. However the hostel is really good and if they gave ear plugs that would sort out this problem.

The room was quite small for 3 bunks, they were almost touching. Also the bathroom was very modestly equiped, waterpressure being very low. However the beds were comfortable, the kitchen was equiped wonderfully (really good pans), and the common room had a lovely atmosphere. Also the staff were very helpful, the location perfect. We had a good stay, albeit it was perhaps a bit expensive for a hostel.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Slovenia

Good location, walking distance to many things, close to bus

Super kitchen/facilities, and very kind staff

• 10th Aug 2014