Snuffel Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Ezelstraat 47-49, Bruges, Belgium

No point saying much about this hostel as they are moving locations but I will say that this is not the best hostel for solo travellers!

This was one of the best hostels i have ever stayed in! The armosphere is seriously amazing and the bar/common room/dining room soon became one of our favourite places. In the evening there is a happy hour where you can try the local pils for only 1€! The staff is awesome, everyone was always very friendly and relaxed. Also, the location is perfect, it is very close to the center of Brugge and you can reach everything by walking. Seriously, this hostel made our stay in Brugge awesome. 11/10

Unique atmosphere. Very unique

1 plug only to charge one's phone in a room of 6 people!

The hostel is more or less well located, but you cannot sleep in peace because there is a Bar downstairs with loud music. I didn't have a socket near my bed. The staff was really nice and the FREE breakfast was good.

A fun hostel. Pros: Good interaction between the travellers (through ie 1 euro beer happy hour), friendly staff, dorms are good size as are beds, lockers as well. Location is brilliant. Cons: Wifi signal is weak to non existant in the dorms, and its always flat out slow. It is a walk through an open courtyard and the main bar area between the dorms and shower. Just plan for this; bring stuff to change in the showers, then hit breakky straight after your shower.

Friendly and helpful staff You can meet lots of young traveller there

If you like to enjoy beer and bar , this is your best choice.

Good location in Montmartre, close to the metro and a short walk from the sacre-coeur. Beds are comfy and hostel is clean and safe- that's all you need!

• 7th May 2015
  • Scotland

Very basic, but works good for a one night stay. Be aware that the showers are in a different building and the bar is loud and open til midnight, so don't forget earplugs!

After several long days of travel I was hoping to get a good nights sleep. Unfortunately this hostel made that difficult. There was a band playing in the bar right below my room.

I'm so shocked that shower room is so far from my room! I have to go through the at and outdoor garden for smokers with my shower stuff. So everyday I choose take a shower in the morning because at the night there're so many people in the bar and garden. The floor makes noise when someone walks on it, I can't sleep well.

Fantastic Hostel. We almost went elsewhere due to the 14 bed dorm room but are glad we didn't. The staff were brilliant, the beds were comfy, the facilities were great. The free breakfast in the morning was very useful. The location was great. A 5minute walk from the main square. The hostel has a bar that serves all the good belgium beers and is very lively on a saturday night. There was live music on til 23h sat night. Will definitly be back!

• 1st May 2015

We spent there 3 nights and we have positive memories. Hostel has got great location (couple minutes away from main city square). Room was clean. Stuff was very friendly. Only difficulty was to get through to showers - you have to pass through bar and terrace (basically smoking place). There is bar downstairs, which is visited also by locals - and that is a plus :) Basically we have enjoyed our stay, met some interesting people. We appreciated this "laid back" atmosphere an had good time.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Poland

Price is reasonable.staff is kind of helpful.i stayed at 2nd floor at night is so noisy.if you want to take a shower you have to pass cafe through kitchen.

My friend and I had a good reception. The boy who receved us and the girl who was doing check out were polite. Just had a brazilian guy who was really unpolite and rude with us, it made us feel bad...

• 25th Apr 2015

TERRIBLE SHOWERS. You need to pull a chain that is hanging in the ceiling so that you have water to shower. Also you still have to cross the whole bar to get to the showers, it is just terrible. and there was only one plug in a room for 4 people. It was also very noisy to sleep because of the bar downstairs. I wouldnt come back to this hostel and I dont recommend it. The price is totally not worth it and it was not was I was expecting!

The reception is in the same room with a local bar which would have been cool IF you were not supposed to cross the bar, the kitchen and the terrace of the bar aka back yard, in order to get to the showers. And by the way, showers were very very bad. I stayed there for 1 night and it was ok. But I don't think I could have stayed for more or that I will stay there again.

Good location and enthusiastic staff. There is a bar on the ground floor, thus it's a little noisy at night.

Bathroom and kitchen are far from the rooms.There is no electiricity socket near the beds and also no lamp.There is a bar under the hostel and it is very noisy.You can not sleep well.You should choose another place to stay!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5