Snuffel Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Ezelstraat 47-49, Bruges, Belgium

Nice place, very central but be prepared for very basic facilities and lots of noise.

The hostal has bedbugs, and also beds are very unconfortable... Like if beds were from 50 years ago.

We've got a room for four that is inside of a bigger room for eitgh, so it really doesn't feel a room for four, more a room for twelve... Only one socket inside the room, internet was terrible inside it and the toilets are in another building, you need to cross to a public bar to get to the toilets... Very bad! The staff was very good, but that's it.

YOUR SHOWERS SUCK! The kitchen is on the small side and the staircase is a health and safety nightmare. The 'common area' is a bar at night, full of locals as well as travellers (you have to walk past all of them to get to the unisex, chain pull operated showers. They also don't have doors.) There are lockers but you have to put down a deposit for a lock and it's not really worth it as the rooms are quite safe. Better off going elsewhere for bike hire unless you have €100 in cash handy.

Had a great time at snuffle, the staff were pleasant and made me feel at home. The rooms/beds were ok. And the bar area was great. I met some interesting people there. The only small thing was the showers you had to pull a chain and keep hole of it to get it running and it took a long time to warm up, but apart from that it was great. I would defiantly stay here again.

호스텔1층에 바가 있어서 새벽내내 시끄러웠어요 가격이 조금 싸다는이유로 선택했는데 추천하고싶지않아요. 위치는 중심가와 가까워서 좋지만 샤워실은 1층 bar를 지나가야해서 저녁엔 아예 씻을수가 없었네요. 샤워실도 커튼으로만 되어있고 남녀공용에 수도꼭지가 아닌 당겨야만 물이 나오는 시스템이라 씻을때도 많이 불편했어요. 텍스포함 이가격이면 저렴하다지만 그래도 다른곳을 머무는게 좋을듯하네요

Helpful staff and good atmosphere in their pub but weird that you have to go all through the pub to get to the showers and cleanliness was really poor. Apart from that, I would recommend the hostel

Excellent location! Wifi was a bit weak though.

Stayed for one night and it was great!

• 23rd Aug 2014

A wonderful little spot only moments away from the centre of Bruges. Our have stayed here on 4 occasions now and it gets better every time. Our group were on a cycling trip around Belgium and this made the perfect base....secure area for bikes, friendly staff, clean

• 21st Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

i dont like the fact that we have to walk pass the pub to get shower and walk back to the room with our pyjamas on. They should have had shower room in the same building the bedrooms. This is the worst experience I've ever had with the hostel.

Great hostel, lovely atmosphere and really friendly, helpful staff. Thanks for making our stay a pleasant one, when I come back to Bruges I'll be coming back to Snuffel. Thank you!

• 18th Aug 2014

This is a mixed hostel/bar aimed a bit more at the party backpacking crowd. I stayed in a female dorm and it was clean and comfy. Small but decent kitchen and the common areas were friendly, people interacted which was nice - the bar also provides boardgames. As others have said, the shower situation isn't exactly modern but not a biggie if you're an easygoing traveler. Fine for a couple nights, which is all you need in Bruges. Recommend the bike hire! It's nice cycling outside the town.

The Staff was very nice and friendly and there was a all equipment kitchen. Bathrooms and toilets were in another building and if you want to take a shower you have to cross common place and reception. Lockers were not in rooms and you have to carry your own padlock. To go to my room I had to cross another room and annoy people. That point was very uncomfortable.

Snuffel felt every bit like a proper backpackers hostel. The atmosphere at the bar and in the rooms was very warm, cozy and nice. The staff was also quite friendly and accommodating. The only things I would pick on personally would be the showers, and the spiral staircase. I am not really fond of spiral staircases, and carrying heavy luggage all the way up was a little difficult. The showers were unlike any I've ever seen. Still, if you are a little adventurous and not picky, it'll be fine.

The shared bathroom is too low, a service for three dormitories. There is another service but IT TAKES descend from the rooms, log out and back in an adjacent structure. The showers alongside these services are far away from the rooms and it is necessary to move from bar to go and wash. The building is impregnated with dirt. The linen is sufficiently clean. Breakfasts were plentiful but a little different, little choice. The staff is friendly and helpful. Saw the place as soon as the price sho

Great stay and with breakfast !!!

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

My room couldnt get in from 10am to 8pm, but the reception didnt say anything when i checked in. I only stayed few hours but paid for one day. There is no shower room in the building of my room. when i went to the shower room, i should through the pub to another building. there is only one charge in the room. please thinking twice before you book it.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

Do not stay here. There was a mishap with the assigned beds. I notified both the morning staff and the afternoon staff. Both said it was no problem. But when I had returned that night, the night staff had given away my bed. They were prepared for an overbooking. He pulled a bed out from underneath a bunk. Problem solved. Not. The next day on my travels to London I began to break out. Bed bug bites covered my arms, shoulders and legs. I got to spend my birthday red, itchy and blotchy.

Showers were so difficult to use, you have to pull the handler constantly. Except that, best hostel in Bruges!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7