Snuffel Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Ezelstraat 47-49, Bruges, Belgium

Expected the "old" Snuffel, but what I got was almost a hotel. Perfect hostel, keep up the good work in the new building.

It would be perfect if there had WIFI in room

We were one of the first guests in new location, which is really amazing, superb design, staff, bar, beds, all of it :)

Great Breakfast, friendly staff

No point saying much about this hostel as they are moving locations but I will say that this is not the best hostel for solo travellers!

This was one of the best hostels i have ever stayed in! The armosphere is seriously amazing and the bar/common room/dining room soon became one of our favourite places. In the evening there is a happy hour where you can try the local pils for only 1€! The staff is awesome, everyone was always very friendly and relaxed. Also, the location is perfect, it is very close to the center of Brugge and you can reach everything by walking. Seriously, this hostel made our stay in Brugge awesome. 11/10

Unique atmosphere. Very unique

1 plug only to charge one's phone in a room of 6 people!

The hostel is more or less well located, but you cannot sleep in peace because there is a Bar downstairs with loud music. I didn't have a socket near my bed. The staff was really nice and the FREE breakfast was good.

A fun hostel. Pros: Good interaction between the travellers (through ie 1 euro beer happy hour), friendly staff, dorms are good size as are beds, lockers as well. Location is brilliant. Cons: Wifi signal is weak to non existant in the dorms, and its always flat out slow. It is a walk through an open courtyard and the main bar area between the dorms and shower. Just plan for this; bring stuff to change in the showers, then hit breakky straight after your shower.

Friendly and helpful staff You can meet lots of young traveller there

If you like to enjoy beer and bar , this is your best choice.

This is a well located hostel but with very old facilities. The beds are made of wood so they make a lot of noise. Our room (#11 or 12) was inside another room. Yes you read that right, we had to go inside someone else's room to reach ours. The showers are downstairs which is very annoying and the breakfast was poor. Price/quality wise this is not a good choice. For a place like this I would pay maximum 18 euro/night.

Good location in Montmartre, close to the metro and a short walk from the sacre-coeur. Beds are comfy and hostel is clean and safe- that's all you need!

• 7th May 2015
  • Scotland

Very basic, but works good for a one night stay. Be aware that the showers are in a different building and the bar is loud and open til midnight, so don't forget earplugs!

After several long days of travel I was hoping to get a good nights sleep. Unfortunately this hostel made that difficult. There was a band playing in the bar right below my room.

I'm so shocked that shower room is so far from my room! I have to go through the at and outdoor garden for smokers with my shower stuff. So everyday I choose take a shower in the morning because at the night there're so many people in the bar and garden. The floor makes noise when someone walks on it, I can't sleep well.

Fantastic Hostel. We almost went elsewhere due to the 14 bed dorm room but are glad we didn't. The staff were brilliant, the beds were comfy, the facilities were great. The free breakfast in the morning was very useful. The location was great. A 5minute walk from the main square. The hostel has a bar that serves all the good belgium beers and is very lively on a saturday night. There was live music on til 23h sat night. Will definitly be back!

• 1st May 2015

We spent there 3 nights and we have positive memories. Hostel has got great location (couple minutes away from main city square). Room was clean. Stuff was very friendly. Only difficulty was to get through to showers - you have to pass through bar and terrace (basically smoking place). There is bar downstairs, which is visited also by locals - and that is a plus :) Basically we have enjoyed our stay, met some interesting people. We appreciated this "laid back" atmosphere an had good time.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Poland

Price is reasonable.staff is kind of helpful.i stayed at 2nd floor at night is so noisy.if you want to take a shower you have to pass cafe through kitchen.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4