Snuffel Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Ezelstraat 47-49, Bruges, Belgium

Very nice hostel with kind staff, atmosphere and good music.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

The showering sistem is realy bad and the acces to some rooms is by passing through others.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Romania

My friend and me liked the hostel very much but we had a problem. When we got there we prepared our beds and I even left the pijama's under the pillow. We went for a walk and to have dinner and when we got back there was an Asian boy in my bed. He showed me that he had been assigned my bed and we went down and the guy recognized the mistake but I had to prepare another bed at midnight. So huge inconvenient.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Spain

The hostel was ok. The showers are very far away from the rooms and are mixed, no boys and girls showers. The bar is nice and has a happy hour from 20:00 till 21:00 during which you can buy beer for 1€. It was really hot in Bruges when I stayed, and the room was a bit uncomfortable, but I suppose that only happens during the freak hottest days of summer.

One of the dirtiest hostels I've ever stayed in, and it was impossible to sleep since the room I was in was right above the bar/courtyard and it was extremely loud.

Lots of beds per room jammed closely together and odd connecting rooms which makes it feel like you're with even more people. Bathrooms/showers far from room - have to walk through bar to get there which is slightly weird. Must hold shower rope to keep water flowing which is stupidly annoying. Besides that, a chill vibe. Met some cool friends and bar is a relaxed place to bond over cheap beer. Would recommend if you're low maintence :)

good hostel for the backpackers. reasonable price. the location is ok but a bit far from the centre.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

We had a room with 8 beds, it was very cramped. Also, another room had to walk through ours to get to their door. Two bathrooms for the entire floor but we never had to wait. To get the showers you have to walk through the bar which can be a bit awkward depending on the time of day.

This hostel has pretty tight quarters, but it's expected in a small city like Bruges. There's a bar on the ground floor where you can mingle and meet people. The bar also has a good selection of beers at a decent price. Unfortunately, my room was just above the bar; the music at night was a bit of a nuisance, but didn't really detract from my stay too much. I'd stay here again.

Not the cleanest updates hostel I've ever stayed in. But the choices are limited in Brugge. Definitely adequate and they have bike rentals which was really nice and a bar in the lobby which is super convenient.

This is a really nice hostel, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the location is great. The rooms are a bit basic but it's a friendly little place and it's nice for a few days stay

• 8th Jul 2014

For Bruges, this hostel is great for young people and it has a nice atmosphere in the bar. Lots of locals go there for a drink. It has everything you need, such as toilets, showers, kitchen etc. but none of them are in the best shape and are really far away from any of the rooms. Also, if you hate spindley stairs, I don't recommend. Bruges is full of old buildings though so I wasn't expecting modern and the hostel itself had a good vibe.

Small spaces and the atmosphere is not that good

It is not adapted for disable people at all. The showers are in China! People from next door room have to cross through our room t get to their room... The breakfast was amazing. The rooms and toilets are clean enough.

Awesome stay!

I did not like the layout of the hostel, because one has to walk through the bar to use the showers. Other than that, I have no real criticisms of this hostel. The staff were very helpful and friendly the bar is well-stocked with Belgian beer, there is a kitchen, and I never felt as though I or my valuables were unsafe. On the whole, I enjoyed my stay at Snuffel very much.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Really nice place. Cheerful and attentive staff. The place look rustic but still very comfortable and practical. Location is just some minutes from the center. The rooms are spacious and in general I had a good sleep.

The staff in the reception are really kind, when I check in, he explain about hostel, and city like imformation of festival, and musiam. even Im not really good English speaker, he speak slowly, and try to let me understand well. it's very helpfull for me. spend good time here.

We only stayed one night with my brother but had a nice night, we enjoyed the walk to the hotel( even if it's a bit far) among the Brugges nice houses. We also enjoyed the happy hour at the hostel bar ( 1 euro for one beer !) However there is no lockersin the room to put our valuable. Staff was friendly and the morning breakfast was good. I would recomend that hostel in Brugges, especially as other places are really overprice.

• 27th Jun 2014

This hostel gives the worst directions, so without wifi or a map you'll struggle. To make things worse the staff member on duty when I arrived ignored me until I blatantly stood in his face. The place is nice however the showers are outside at the rear, so if you want to shower at night you have to walk through a bar full of people.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6