Snuffel Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Ezelstraat 47-49, Bruges, Belgium

The reception is in the same room with a local bar which would have been cool IF you were not supposed to cross the bar, the kitchen and the terrace of the bar aka back yard, in order to get to the showers. And by the way, showers were very very bad. I stayed there for 1 night and it was ok. But I don't think I could have stayed for more or that I will stay there again.

Bathroom and kitchen are far from the rooms.There is no electiricity socket near the beds and also no lamp.There is a bar under the hostel and it is very noisy.You can not sleep well.You should choose another place to stay!

I had a great time at this hostel. The staff are really friendly and the hostel is in a good location. They have really cheap bike rental and a nice bar downstairs. The showers are in a separate building and you have to pull a chain for the water to come out (which seems a little random) but it didn't cause any major problems. Would recommend staying here!

A wonderful place to stay in Brugge! The staff was very friendly and helped me find some good (and cheap) places to eat. They also have happy hour in the bar, which is great for meeting hostel guests and locals alike. It was a cool space with cool people. I'd recommend it

The Snuffel Hostel was perfect for my short stay in Bruges. Great location, helpful staff, and fun bar.

• 11th Apr 2015

DO NOT COME HERE UNLESS YOU PLAN TO PARTY. The first floor bar is blasting music & has an outdoor section filled with people. I was trying to sleep well to site see early the next day & was kept up past 2am by the bar. At first I had no problem having to walk to the showers through the first floor but the showers there aren't with card access, meaning anyone who visits the bar can access them which made me VERY uncomfortable. Only positives are the location & lockers. I will not be returning.

Really good hostel, well located and organized, and having a bar dawnstairs is great. Only one bad point: I was in the room with emergency exit and people were very noisy outside, it was a bit hard to go to sleep... even at 2am!

• 8th Apr 2015

This hostel was the best in Bruges! The location is near the city centre but is very quiet at night as there are no pubs nearby. Ezelstraat means donkey street and has some nice local bars and an amazing bakery/patisserie (the name of which escapes me). The bar is friendly and comfortable and happy hour offers €1 Maes. There are a number of bottled beers and you can purchase a beer card and try 5 at a time. The showers are ok but no different from hostels in Mexico. The bedrooms are clean.

• 6th Apr 2015

the building was not well entretained, the showers are far from the room, the bathrooms were not too clean, the draps were dirty.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Ecuador

the bar is nice location is good good breakfast

Very lively place, I arrived quite late and the bar was full, good deals for beers. Unfortunately receptions is nearly at the bar so with a busy evening I needed to wait a while till I got noticed and be able to check in, however staff very friendly and helpful. Also you can rent bikes which is great if you fancy a ride to the coast or anywhere.. Toilet a little bit smelly, shower in a room quite poor but slightly better the sharing ones but you need to go through the common area to use it.

Well, I'm not sure what the other hostels in the city are like but I would highly recommend you try those first. This place is really dirty (my bed had a wee stain on it!), the toilets are disgusting and the showers are awful. There's a chain hanging from the ceiling that you have to keep pulling to get water and floor, well, let's just say, don't look down. On the plus side, the bar is very grungy and atmospheric and it has the cheapest beers in Belgium.

The breakfast could be improved. Musli and brown bread would be great additions! Otherwise I was happy with my stay. Beautiful city and great location.

The shower area was far away and you had to go through the bar full of people partying. The shower was cold as well. You couldn't charge your phone or camera anywhere because there was only plug per room. Like wtf.

I had such an amazing time at this hostel as a lone traveller. The bar staff had a couple of beers with me and met some of there regular locals. Yes they are literally there everyday. The rooms were clean and the location is so close to the central square. Would come here again! Also make sure you hire their bike for a day to get a bit further out of Brugge. We went to the beach.. Got a bit lost but was nice to see the countryside and cute farming villages.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

In the room the beds weren't clean, with towels and underwear in the place that we supposed to sleep. The bedlinen was a mass as well and wasn't clean. In one of the beds was this quote: 'YOU ARE A INANIMATE OBJECT'. We went to the reception and the girl told us that our beds were clean and this is the way that the hostel works. And when we complained about the quote she told us that the hostel wasn't responsible for that. The bathroom just work between 7 and 23:30. It's terrible!!!

Loved it! Great vibes, great bar, great people!

• 27th Mar 2015

The only problem was, that on Friday night it was very loud till the morning hours because of the drunk people from the bar smoking and shouting in the yard under my window. I couldn't sleep because of this.

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

Very good hostel the only problem is the shower that you have to walk though the bar.

Average stay, nice staff. Showers are through the bar and up a flight of stairs, and then there's just a shower curtain and you have to hold the water chain down the whole time whilst you shower. The common area (bar) is nice and cosy, its also open to the public

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4