Snuffel Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Ezelstraat 47-49, Bruges, Belgium

Do not stay here. There was a mishap with the assigned beds. I notified both the morning staff and the afternoon staff. Both said it was no problem. But when I had returned that night, the night staff had given away my bed. They were prepared for an overbooking. He pulled a bed out from underneath a bunk. Problem solved. Not. The next day on my travels to London I began to break out. Bed bug bites covered my arms, shoulders and legs. I got to spend my birthday red, itchy and blotchy.

Showers were so difficult to use, you have to pull the handler constantly. Except that, best hostel in Bruges!

Stayed two nights there in a 6 bed female room, which was okay. Bed was clean and comfy. Liked the bar/eating/common room. Small kitchen but okay. Simple Breakfast (Toast, uesli, coffee, tee). Very friendly and helpful staff! It was clean everywhere. They only have one room with 6 showers, but privacy was okay by the curtains. Its about a 25 minutes walk from the central station, there is a bus stop in front. I liked my stay and would recommend it!

Pros: The hostel is okay. It is not far from the sightseeing points (about 10 min walking to the Market Square), the breakfast was good and the staffs were helpful. Cons: The main problem was the showers. There is a pub on the ground floor of the hostel and you have to cross it to go to the showers, with your towel and all your stuff. They're male and female together and they are only separate with a curtain and you have to pull a chain to have water all the time. Internet was very bad too.

Perfect budget hostel. Location is away from chaotic tourist area but still close enough as Bruges is small. No frills budget hostel with good vibe and common area perfect for backpackers passing through.

Very narrow stairs, it is hard to move with your luggage. Very low bench beds, you can crash your head easily. Toilettes were not really clean and there was no soap. On the other hand, really NICE breakfast! You cannot find that lovely breakfast included in the price in other hostels.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

Great social atmosphere!

Poor breakfast, we would appreciate wider choice (at least some ham or cheese would be nice).

It was pretty good. But when i went to the shower room, i had to cross the bar. So it was little annoying. Also i couldn't use wifi in the room, use only bar. However i don't regret choosing this hostel. If you'll go snuffel hostel, u must borrow bicycle. It was the best thing of what i did in bruge. U can borrow bicycle with 6 euro (100 euro for deposit) until 8pm. With the bicycle, you will have incredible experience.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

It was a nice hostel. The staff are really kindness and help you with everything. I could sleep well. Brugge is quite and perfect for relaxing one day in a medieval town.

I had a great stay at the Snuffel Backpacker Hostel. Bruge is a wonderful city and Snuffel was a great base to explore it from. It was great having the bar downstairs with reasonably priced Belgian beer and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• 26th Jul 2014

Overall, the hostel is good but the only problem we had was the fact that the shower room was so far away from the room and that we have to pass through the customers on the bar to clean ourselves up.

Very nice hostel with kind staff, atmosphere and good music.

Very backpacker friendly hostel with good atmosphere. It is also a bar that locals go to. The layout of the hostel is rather inconvenient, because you have to walk through the bar and down the steep staircase to the showers and toilets. The breakfast was good. Our room (6beds) was just big enough and very hot when we arrived. it was just above the terrace where people hung out, so it was a bit noisy at night. The value for money is good and we would stay here again.

The showering sistem is realy bad and the acces to some rooms is by passing through others.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Romania

My friend and me liked the hostel very much but we had a problem. When we got there we prepared our beds and I even left the pijama's under the pillow. We went for a walk and to have dinner and when we got back there was an Asian boy in my bed. He showed me that he had been assigned my bed and we went down and the guy recognized the mistake but I had to prepare another bed at midnight. So huge inconvenient.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Spain

The hostel was ok. The showers are very far away from the rooms and are mixed, no boys and girls showers. The bar is nice and has a happy hour from 20:00 till 21:00 during which you can buy beer for 1€. It was really hot in Bruges when I stayed, and the room was a bit uncomfortable, but I suppose that only happens during the freak hottest days of summer.

One of the dirtiest hostels I've ever stayed in, and it was impossible to sleep since the room I was in was right above the bar/courtyard and it was extremely loud.

Lots of beds per room jammed closely together and odd connecting rooms which makes it feel like you're with even more people. Bathrooms/showers far from room - have to walk through bar to get there which is slightly weird. Must hold shower rope to keep water flowing which is stupidly annoying. Besides that, a chill vibe. Met some cool friends and bar is a relaxed place to bond over cheap beer. Would recommend if you're low maintence :)

It was or secod option after our stay at IBIS, brugges is a really small town so everything is close enough to walk. I didn't sleep well because of the noise of cars, the windows stay open, there are no fans. That's why! They have a kitchen and things to cook like oil, salt and pepper, basic things. They offer free tours and have "Rent bicycle".

• 15th Jul 2014