Snuffel Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Ezelstraat 47-49, Bruges, Belgium

It was a nice hostel. The staff are really kindness and help you with everything. I could sleep well. Brugge is quite and perfect for relaxing one day in a medieval town.

I had a great stay at the Snuffel Backpacker Hostel. Bruge is a wonderful city and Snuffel was a great base to explore it from. It was great having the bar downstairs with reasonably priced Belgian beer and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• 26th Jul 2014

Overall, the hostel is good but the only problem we had was the fact that the shower room was so far away from the room and that we have to pass through the customers on the bar to clean ourselves up.

Very nice hostel with kind staff, atmosphere and good music.

Very backpacker friendly hostel with good atmosphere. It is also a bar that locals go to. The layout of the hostel is rather inconvenient, because you have to walk through the bar and down the steep staircase to the showers and toilets. The breakfast was good. Our room (6beds) was just big enough and very hot when we arrived. it was just above the terrace where people hung out, so it was a bit noisy at night. The value for money is good and we would stay here again.

The showering sistem is realy bad and the acces to some rooms is by passing through others.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Romania

My friend and me liked the hostel very much but we had a problem. When we got there we prepared our beds and I even left the pijama's under the pillow. We went for a walk and to have dinner and when we got back there was an Asian boy in my bed. He showed me that he had been assigned my bed and we went down and the guy recognized the mistake but I had to prepare another bed at midnight. So huge inconvenient.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Spain

The hostel was ok. The showers are very far away from the rooms and are mixed, no boys and girls showers. The bar is nice and has a happy hour from 20:00 till 21:00 during which you can buy beer for 1€. It was really hot in Bruges when I stayed, and the room was a bit uncomfortable, but I suppose that only happens during the freak hottest days of summer.

One of the dirtiest hostels I've ever stayed in, and it was impossible to sleep since the room I was in was right above the bar/courtyard and it was extremely loud.

Lots of beds per room jammed closely together and odd connecting rooms which makes it feel like you're with even more people. Bathrooms/showers far from room - have to walk through bar to get there which is slightly weird. Must hold shower rope to keep water flowing which is stupidly annoying. Besides that, a chill vibe. Met some cool friends and bar is a relaxed place to bond over cheap beer. Would recommend if you're low maintence :)

It was or secod option after our stay at IBIS, brugges is a really small town so everything is close enough to walk. I didn't sleep well because of the noise of cars, the windows stay open, there are no fans. That's why! They have a kitchen and things to cook like oil, salt and pepper, basic things. They offer free tours and have "Rent bicycle".

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

good hostel for the backpackers. reasonable price. the location is ok but a bit far from the centre.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

We had a room with 8 beds, it was very cramped. Also, another room had to walk through ours to get to their door. Two bathrooms for the entire floor but we never had to wait. To get the showers you have to walk through the bar which can be a bit awkward depending on the time of day.

It was a really nice experience!! I specially enjoyed the pub down the hostel, where I could talk with other travellers.

This hostel has pretty tight quarters, but it's expected in a small city like Bruges. There's a bar on the ground floor where you can mingle and meet people. The bar also has a good selection of beers at a decent price. Unfortunately, my room was just above the bar; the music at night was a bit of a nuisance, but didn't really detract from my stay too much. I'd stay here again.

Not the cleanest updates hostel I've ever stayed in. But the choices are limited in Brugge. Definitely adequate and they have bike rentals which was really nice and a bar in the lobby which is super convenient.

This is a really nice hostel, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the location is great. The rooms are a bit basic but it's a friendly little place and it's nice for a few days stay

• 8th Jul 2014

For Bruges, this hostel is great for young people and it has a nice atmosphere in the bar. Lots of locals go there for a drink. It has everything you need, such as toilets, showers, kitchen etc. but none of them are in the best shape and are really far away from any of the rooms. Also, if you hate spindley stairs, I don't recommend. Bruges is full of old buildings though so I wasn't expecting modern and the hostel itself had a good vibe.

Small spaces and the atmosphere is not that good

It is not adapted for disable people at all. The showers are in China! People from next door room have to cross through our room t get to their room... The breakfast was amazing. The rooms and toilets are clean enough.