Snuffel Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Ezelstraat 47-49, Bruges, Belgium

Everyone we met at Snuffel was really nice and fun. The bar was a cool hang out place and a good deal on drinks. The staff was friendly and very helpful with bike trip ideas and so on. The biggest drawback is the shower situation. In order to shower, you need to go downstairs, through the bar, and outside. It's pretty awkward to walk though a crowded bar of locals with your shower stuff and wet hair. We rented bikes for a good price, but the peddle fell off about 25 km away.

Very friendly, great atmosphere and kitchen facilities! Best breakfast of our holiday too.

• 21st Jun 2014

Enjoyed my stay although it was just for one night. I thought it was great that they have a community kitchen and walking tours. There were also large storage lockers on my floor. The shower situation is a little awkward at night since you have to walk through the bar and a busy outdoor area.

Rent bikes and go explore the canals!

Awesome experience all around. Good staff and the room was great.

Good beds, almost silent and centric location, the clean sheets are a plus and the breakfast is very good although I would have wanted some hot chocolate. The showers could be better and more over their ground mopped more often. The belgian young waitress/worker was the best person ever.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 18-24

-very unsanitary -awkward layout with the bathrooms/showers -guy staying in our room decided to "pleasure himself" while we were in the room and awake -reception was unhelpful/lazy -awful wifi connection

• 17th Jun 2014

Nice location and nice bar, drinks are very cheap! The rooms aren't clean at all (clean sheets were covered with hair from somebody else. Breakfast is good.

• 14th Jun 2014

Breakfast was the highlight. Everything else basic but good for the price.

The staff were very friendly. The lady who checked us in was in charge of about 5 things at once, but was very nice. Warning:Do not bring big baggage to this hostel. Leave it at the train station. You likely will not be able to get it up the narrow, winding staircase. It was incredibly difficult AND we were only on the second level. # 2 Also, the shower is as follows: down the windy staircase, through the kitchen, across the patio, up the stairs and you have to use a pull-chain to initiate flow

No Wifi in the rooms, you have to cross the whole hostel and bar in order to get to the showers, and then cross it again to get from the showers to your room.

Staff members are nice! Good location, near the bus stop Bar open till midnight, quite noisy, and it is the place you charge your phones and notebooks No lockers in our room (but seems there are some in other rooms) They're going to move to a bigger place just opposite to the original one, so don't know my opinion will last for how long.

Everything about the hostel was great--the location was FANTASTIC, the rooms were spacious and clean (we got a free upgrade!). It was annoying going to a different place for check-in, though. There was no kitchen either. Also, I think we might have gotten bedbugs there.....

It was a great value for the price.The hostel is a bar in the same time. It's a place where "locals" go to. So, it's interessing for mixt with the population. But I didn't like the fact that to go to the showers I have to pass by the bar. Since there are a early happy hour. The bar was kind of crowd.... And isn't really a great feeling.

A little far away from the train station but near to the Big Market (city center). Not very clean, however. I think it's a ilttle embarrassing to have only curtain but not door in a mix dormitory.

We loved our stay here. The staff were what really made the experience. The check in guy was super accommodating, friendly, and helped us decide what to do during the day. The booking system was a little wonky, since our room wound up over booked by 1 bed. As a last resort, I shared a bed with my significant other and took a 1-bed refund, which worked out for us, but was rather inconvenient for others staying in the room.

• 31st May 2014

Good hostel for small vacations.

My bed got double-booked so I was placed in the middle of the floor in a room full of a big group of guys since there were no beds left. I understand that those sorts of things happen, and the guy who helped me out late at night (it was obviously not his fault) was very nice. However, I can't believe I still had to pay full price. It was pretty awful - the guys came in late at night and I could hear them talking loudly about me (I can understand French) and it was VERY uncomfortable.

Kind staff. A bit noisy from the window at night. Kitchen is a plus.

Very poor facilities. We had to complain that the toilet on the 2nd floor up was full of sh*t. It was not possible to flush so the previous occupants had just kept adding to the mess. I mentioned this to the less than welcoming lady on reception who said that it would be sorted in 3 days. I might add that the poor young lady didn't seem very happy in her job and may want to consider an alternative career. Apart from the that the place is planning to relocate next year and it needs to!

• 29th May 2014