Snuffel Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Ezelstraat 47-49, Bruges, Belgium

well equipped kitchen and clean toilets/bathrooms. simple but nice breakfast. great location, near the town square but away from the crowds of tourists.

I had an excellent stay at Snuffles. I'm an older lady travelling alone and felt very comfortable staying there. Had a great sleep there every night. Would definitely stay there again! Thank you to all the helpful staff!

The showers being in a completely different part of the building is the major disadvantage. The bike rental is good though.

The hostel isn't so far from the train station. The staff is average. The atmosphere is excellent because there a pub inside the hostel. Cheapest beer in Brugges. The only problem is the bathroom, you don't have any privacy.

Great atmosphere, great staff. Location just a tad far out from the train station although just a 5 min walk from the town square. Stairwell is a killer with big bags and the showers a kinda bad. But they said there moving soon so hopefully the next place will cater for these things. All in all would stay again!

Nice hostel and great atmosphere! Would stay here again if i visited Brugge again.

Loved the atmosphere and happy hour! I would totally recommend this hostel to anyone traveling through Bruges. My only complaint is that I often felt like an inconvenient tourist when I asked the staff any questions. They seemed like they kind of hated their jobs...

We really liked Snuffel hostel. It had a laid-back vibe and it was nice to sit in the bar downstairs after a day of sightseeing with a cheap Belgian beer with good music. The facilities were maintained well and our 6 person room had enough room for us to not feel cramped and too close to our neighbors.

Wonderful hostel, great facilities and an awesome, cozy atmosphere. The only thing I would say is that all the staff we met were unfriendly and treated us like inconvenient tourists(except for an older lady in the kitchen) but even still, I would come back and suggest the hostel.

The showers are bizarre. The are for male and female with about 7 showers that are separated by a wall, but there is only a curtain to stop people to see you. I didn't like to shower there because it didn't feel safe. You have to push a string for the water to fall FOR ENTIRE SHOWER. I though that was very inconvenient. They have a bar downstairs and the atmosphere is good.

It is just overcrowding.....few toilets and shower rooms but A LOT of people, some backpackers need to pass through my bed in order to enter another room. location is ok, friendly staff. I just recommend it if you cannot book others.

Essentially, it was a pleasant place to stay - bit disappointed by the location of the showers and the fact that you physically could not use them until 7.30am (when the door was opened). The hostel could also do with a lick of paint as well as increasing the amount of toilets per dormitory.

Overall a good value, the free breakfast was nice. My only problem was the noise level. I think it's great to have common spaces for people to meet up in the evening and we enjoyed a beer there in the evening, but there should be enforced quiet hours for the space outside, it's directly below the dorms and when people are drinking and laughing there until after 2am, it is quite disturbing. Not a good balance for people who have been travelling long hours on little sleep.

Great breakfast included.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

The showers are horrible! They are outside the hostel, we have to keep pulling a chain for it to work, because the minute that we stop doing it the water flow stops and we also cannot control the temperature. The wifi signal is very poor and only works at the entrance, the toilets are dirty, and it is kinda far from the center. I didn't enjoy my stay there at all.

• 28th Apr 2014

Had a great stay, this is hands down one of my favorite hostels I have ever stayed at, its everything a hostel should be.

Nice atmosphere, friendly stuff, good location (about 7-10 min to Belfort), lockers. BUT two toilets only for 4 dorms on the floor, no shower on the floor.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Belarus

The biggest complain I have is abou the Internet access the hostel provides: it is very unstable and slow. You should make it better somehow.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Great hostel in a great location! Everything was clean, there's tons of space in the rooms (I was in the 14 dorm room), lockers with outlets in them, and a great staff and bar area. If you're going to Bruges, I would recommend this hostel

6 people room just with one sacket