Snuffel Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Ezelstraat 47-49, Bruges, Belgium

Breakfast was the highlight. Everything else basic but good for the price.

The staff were very friendly. The lady who checked us in was in charge of about 5 things at once, but was very nice. Warning:Do not bring big baggage to this hostel. Leave it at the train station. You likely will not be able to get it up the narrow, winding staircase. It was incredibly difficult AND we were only on the second level. # 2 Also, the shower is as follows: down the windy staircase, through the kitchen, across the patio, up the stairs and you have to use a pull-chain to initiate flow

No Wifi in the rooms, you have to cross the whole hostel and bar in order to get to the showers, and then cross it again to get from the showers to your room.

Staff members are nice! Good location, near the bus stop Bar open till midnight, quite noisy, and it is the place you charge your phones and notebooks No lockers in our room (but seems there are some in other rooms) They're going to move to a bigger place just opposite to the original one, so don't know my opinion will last for how long.

Everything about the hostel was great--the location was FANTASTIC, the rooms were spacious and clean (we got a free upgrade!). It was annoying going to a different place for check-in, though. There was no kitchen either. Also, I think we might have gotten bedbugs there.....

It was a great value for the price.The hostel is a bar in the same time. It's a place where "locals" go to. So, it's interessing for mixt with the population. But I didn't like the fact that to go to the showers I have to pass by the bar. Since there are a early happy hour. The bar was kind of crowd.... And isn't really a great feeling.

A little far away from the train station but near to the Big Market (city center). Not very clean, however. I think it's a ilttle embarrassing to have only curtain but not door in a mix dormitory.

We loved our stay here. The staff were what really made the experience. The check in guy was super accommodating, friendly, and helped us decide what to do during the day. The booking system was a little wonky, since our room wound up over booked by 1 bed. As a last resort, I shared a bed with my significant other and took a 1-bed refund, which worked out for us, but was rather inconvenient for others staying in the room.

• 31st May 2014

Good hostel for small vacations.

My bed got double-booked so I was placed in the middle of the floor in a room full of a big group of guys since there were no beds left. I understand that those sorts of things happen, and the guy who helped me out late at night (it was obviously not his fault) was very nice. However, I can't believe I still had to pay full price. It was pretty awful - the guys came in late at night and I could hear them talking loudly about me (I can understand French) and it was VERY uncomfortable.

Kind staff. A bit noisy from the window at night. Kitchen is a plus.

Very poor facilities. We had to complain that the toilet on the 2nd floor up was full of sh*t. It was not possible to flush so the previous occupants had just kept adding to the mess. I mentioned this to the less than welcoming lady on reception who said that it would be sorted in 3 days. I might add that the poor young lady didn't seem very happy in her job and may want to consider an alternative career. Apart from the that the place is planning to relocate next year and it needs to!

• 29th May 2014

Nice hostel, with good environment and a good bar. Quite small the dorm but for me was not a problem. A bit to improove in cleaniness in toilet.

Really enjoyed my stay at Snuffels. The location was perfect, just a couple of minutes walk into the centre of Bruge. The hostel has a friendly atmosphere. The other guests, the staff and the locals at the bar were happy to offer advice on places to go and what beer to try. We rented bicycles from the hostel for just 6 Euros for the full day. Well recommended.The room we stayed in had it's own shower and hand basin in the corner. The space was simple, compact and clean.

• 26th May 2014
  • Scotland

Cute little hostel. Bruges is a beautiful place so you won't spend much time in the hostel. The kitchen is nice, wifi connection was decent. Only complaint is that you have to walk through the bar and back to take a shower.

Bike storage was easy and secure - a big plus!

• 25th May 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The wifi did not work well. You have to walk outside to get to the showers.

Not recommended for trips during winter, to take a shower you should go trough an small "yard" and then go to another building.

• 24th May 2014
  • Colombia

The hostel was within walking distance to all major points. Really anywhere in Bruges is walkable. The WiFi in the rooms is spotty. There are no outlets in the dorm room for bottom bunks. The lockers are in the hallway and have chargers. There is only two toliets per floor for a lot of people. Comfortable bed, cool little place, just a few drawbacks. The showers are downstairs through the bar, which is weird, so I opted to not shower during my stay.

• 23rd May 2014

This place was in a good location and had a good atmosphere with a downstairs pub great for meeting new people. The free breakfast was decent. Downside that the showers and toilets were in a separate part of the building, with only one toilet near our room, which was shared between many rooms.