Snuffel Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Ezelstraat 47-49, Bruges, Belgium

This hostel wasn't bad .. But honestly I didn't like it. Impossible to find anywhere to charge your electronics. No common area. Only the bar which was also open to the public. This is obviously fine but it's not fine when you've cooked dinner and have nowhere to sit so you have to stand in the kitchen. Would have been nice to have an area just for guests. Or even just a couch on the first level where the lockers were. You had to go through the bar and the courtyard to shower. Wouldn't return.

Great place :) Stayed there two times and always enjoyed. Nice showers ;)

Snuffel employs an awful cleaning lady who needs to be fired. She is rude & aggressive - a disgrace. After breakfast, I went to retrieve my backpack to begin my day. She wouldn't let me in the room, nor would she get me bag for me. After a full hour I entered the room & she threw a fit - screaming - a child's temper tantrum. She is not stable. Before my incident, I saw her screaming at a male guest. She doesn't realize that people pay for these rooms and have a right to enter them.

One person on the staff was extremely nice and helpful. Two other people were extremely rude and made us feel very uncomfortable. They play extremely loud music in a very crappy small bar located inside the hostel until 1 or 2 in the morning every night, made it very difficult to sleep even with earplugs. I would definitely never stay here again.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Deposit for bikes should be announced on the homepage for a better planning (carry more cash money).

• 30th Sep 2014

This hostel can definitely compete for the title of the WORST hostel in Europe. First, all the facilities are very old and not taken care of for years. Second, the rooms are very small and beds are not comfortable. I stayed in a 4-beds room with a private shower, but the shower is divided from the beds only with a curtain! The staff is not nice, and even rude in the mornings. And if it is not enough, in the evening this place gathers a lot of local creeps. The only plus is the location.

Great bar with great prices. Noise from bar in evening when we had an early train to catch was annoying and went on all night. Laundromat right next door which was excellent value for money and the hostel wifi reached there so you weren't bored! Bus stop back to train station is at front door.

The showers do suck, but the rest of the hostel definitely makes up for it. Great bar, almost all of the employees are really friendly. Definitely a place I would stay again.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »