So Cool Hostel Porto Reviews

Rua da Boavista nr. 783, Porto, Portugal

The front desk lady was so accommodating. We really appreciated her service, especially late night. Facilities are nice, although there is no elevator, so be prepared to haul your bags up flights of stairs.

• 18th Aug 2015

The rooms were very large and bright. The staff were friendly and attentive. The kitchen living space is very cool. Breakfast included. Towel and sheets included. The garden is great. In the lounge they have lots of information about what you can do in Porto. The location is just 2 metro stops from the centre. So I imagine it's very walkable also. Very good value for money.

When I first arrived there was several people waiting to be checked in and I was told by them that 'the staff were busy' and was told we could use to wifi while we waited etc. It was no big deal, as I was in no rush, and none of the guests were bothered either. The lady who checked everyone in didn't rush, and took the time to show each person around individually etc, and apologized. When i said needed to leave at 3am, she was super accommodating about that, above and beyond!! Would recommend!

The place was really cool as its name with all that street art, the staff was helpful and always willing to help

Arriving at So Cool Hostel, we were So Excited. It was a lengthy pilgrimage on the metro, deep in the outer suburbs of regional Porto, but that's part of the experience with such a budget hostel. However, after being admitted past their giant wooden gates (presumably there to keep out the hordes of junkies and thugs who routinely patrol the street), we realised we could not escape. The shavedhead lady receptionist made our lives hell. We felt like Gandalf, trapped on Saruman's Tower. DO NOT GO.

• 31st Jul 2015

My friend and I stayed for 4 nights at So Cool and really enjoyed it. 25 mins walk down to the centre, lovely area with good facilities, easy for the metro and felt really welcome there. Deffo coming again next time we are going to Porto. Thanks guys!

Very nice hostel with great facilities and outdoor backyard area. Big bathrooms & excellent kitchen facilities. Very clean, beds comfy & heaps of locker space. Staff very friendly & breakfast basic but good. I would highly recommend this hostel to others. Close to Metro.

The rooms were spacious and clean. This was a very nice place to stay.

Really nice place to stay a few days in Porto. Really close to a metro station, people very nice and helpful, bathroom and bedrooms very clean!! Breakfast simple, but enough!! GO GO GO THERE!!

• 23rd Jun 2015

The staff answered everything very kindly what I asked. Shower room is seperated from room so I could take a shower without hesitation even though it was very late night. and the rooms have terraces so atmosphere was very nice and I could smoke at the terrace. The location was perfect because it was near bus station from Santiago. but they dont have air-conditioning system, so it was quite hot. They have lovely kitchen so I could cook very comfortable. Also I could use oven.

Really nice hostel, i would recommend it! The staff is helpful, the breakfast is very good, the bathrooms are indeed a weird set up, but it's not a problem, usually it's empty all the time.

Superb hostel..nice staff..you could work a bit more on cleanliness like providing bedsheets and maintaining the supply of toiletries

This is hostel is great value for money as we got a private room at little extra cost. It is clean comfortable and secure with good wifi. Breakfast was pretty simple but plenty to go around. The place doesn't have a lot of atmosphere and we didn't have hot water for both days we stayed there. The bathrooms are a weird set up and not very user friendly lovely old building near train but a bit of a walk into town.

The staff and atmosphere was excellent. Just the internet could be better...

• 26th Mar 2015