So Cool Hostel Porto Reviews

Rua da Boavista nr. 783, Porto, Portugal

So cool really isn't that cool. The hostel is very clean and modern - common areas included. The staff are friendly but do not go out of their way to help you. We stayed at another hostel in Porto (gallery) which was so amazing it ruined our time at "SoCool". We payed for a laundry service in the morning and when we came back in the evening i asked about my laundry. The staff member simply pointed to a basket of wet laundry. For some this will be the best hostel you will have stayed in - not us.

Best scented hostel. Huge and spacious rooms. Super clean and comfy bed. Staff could be a little more helpful since there was no one in the reception for most of the time so i couldnt ask for much information. Overall a very pleasant stay. Highly recommended.

Probably the nicest facilities for a hostel I've stayed in. Huge backyard and common room. Nice kitchen and bedrooms. Atmosphere was a little weird and different but not in a bad way. Location was a outside of where I would have liked to stay but its walkable to the city centre if your not in a hurry.

Great new hostel with amazing kitchen and lounge area. Spacious lockers and rooms and comfortable beds. Staff were super friendly and thorough in their welcome and we're great with providing tips about the town and things to see!

Really good Hostel located only few minutes far from the city center! Every facility is quite new and clean. Breakfest was a really good surprise! Many tasty and fresh options. Wifi works in every room. Would stay there again for sure!

The hostel is very clean and nice, beautiful building, very comfortable beds, quite good kitchen. The staff are very nice. Good breakfast. However it is a little bit far from the centre (20 min walk, difficult with pack from train station), and there's not a great atmosphere. Of course this depends on who is staying, but they don't organise any social activities in the hostel. I would definitely recommend it if you want to have some r& r.

amazing Hostel, amazing staff. enzo

Great staff with great knowledge and well interested in helping - The building is Cool and the street view dorms are big and well equipped, I slept well. Good overall - Nice atmosphere with a great city night-life waiting to be discovered. Pity I only stayed 1 night - I might be back ;)

Far from everything. Staff was not friendly and looked lost apart from the woman running the place.

So good that i came back.

Staff were not very welcoming at first as they were having issues with internet and seemed annoyed. Was a bit of a walk to the main centre of town and there were issues with internet working. Other than than that, beds were fine and there were lockers in the rooms.

This hostel had amazing facilities including a fully equiped kitchen, 2 televisions and a garden. The rooms and bathrooms were great too. Only minus' were that we had no wifi the first two days because of a problem, and the hostel was a good 30 minute walk to the main bridge and centre of town. But overall amazing hostel and I will be back for sure! LOVED PORTO

The bathroom was really tiny, some of the staff weren't as friendly as they could have been, the room was large with a balcony which was awesome.

• 20th Jun 2014

Staff were nice and helpful. Our dorm and bathroom were very spacious. Great kichen and bathroom areas and a nice atmosphere. Would definitely recommend.

Really nice hostel. Staff very firendly and rooms always clean. The lobby and the kitchen are very comfortable to watch TV, eat or use your computer. I had a really nice time staying there.

Great helpful staff - I came when early in the week and had an 8 person dorm to myself, so peaceful, but then there are always people to meet. The garden is a bonus that makes you actually want to not just sleep here but also enjoy your time in the hostel. Its an amazing value - clean, everything works, I had a balcony over the street. Helpful people, breakfast included - honestly, what more could one want??? Thanks again, like I said, when Im back for Primavera Sound next year, Ill be here!

The hostel was awesome and the quality of a modern hotel. Was extremely happy to have stayed here while in Porto. Thanks for all the help and such a comfortable and cleanly stay!!

This hostel is so great, the staff is so nice and the rooms are very luxurious. Most comfortable beds and blankets I've ever had in a hostel. I highly recommend staying here. It's probably a 15 min walk into the main part of town, but it's a really nice walk. The breakfast is good too, and you can eat outside they have a garden.

The staff is amazingly nice. They receive us very we'll. everything is new and beautiful. I would go back there for sure.

Lovely Staff, great stay!

• 18th Apr 2014