So Hostel Chiangmai Reviews

64/2 Loy Khroh Road, Tambon Changklan, Amphur Muan, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Check dust at window, bed and around locker. Guest with a sensitive of dust will be get worst. I was surprised another guest may to ask my passport data from receptionist and inform which room i'm stayed. Security of personal data and room access so scary. No soap no shampoo at toilet and small shower cubic

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Japan

Location is good between Thapae gate and night market but it's in the middle of red district road where in the night many local girls hang around. the 6 beds room is too small and seems like they don'y clean it every day. the staffs are very unfriendly and never smile. not recommended at all.

It's a great hostel. I just people would realize it's not Soho. It's literally So Hostel. And these people have so many strict rules it's ridiculous. But all in all I was completely satisfied. The staff did however leave the door open after saying its a 1000BHT fine for visitors. But the two guys at night were not paying attention because I noticed more than once guys bringing chicks back.

A hostel that is ran and similar to a hotel. Staff are business like with little English. Rooms and beds are nice. People are generally isolated from each other.

The staff were so unfriendly and unhelpful the worst I have come across in the whole of thaialnd, wouldn't stay here again just for that alone

The staff was very difficult to communicate with and lacked knowledge of activities/restaurants in the area. Because of the staff's lack of knowledge or desire to help customers I would not recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 5th Jul 2015

Excellent hostel in a brilliant location in Chiang Mai! We stayed in an 8 bed dorm, room was very clean and we each had our own locker which was good. There was air com in our room which was amazing! Staff at reception were nice and helped is book our elephant trek. Very good wifi all over the hostel. The bathroom could have been cleaner at times and there were times when there was no toilet roll. Overall I would recommend this hostel!

• 3rd Jul 2015

The bedrooms and bathrooms were clean, nothing special. Our key stopped working at least once a day while we were there, the staff was not very friendly, and they give you zero extra amenities and charge you extra for just about everything under the sun. The location is excellent, right next to the night market, close to the bars, dead center if you are looking to explore the city. Despite the downsides, it was an overall good experience if you arn't looking for anything special.

• 1st Jul 2015

Stayed here in January and returned in June. Good hostel, clean rooms, wifi and ac good. Only annoying thing is the wifi logs you out everytime you leave the hostel meaning you have to re enter the login info every time. Minor issue.

Good hostel, really nice and clean, own plug and light, excellent air con, washing machines for cheap laundry, would definitely recommend a stay.

• 20th Jun 2015

I found staff to be rude and not at all accommodating. Most spoke little or no English. My requests were often met with blank stares or a "you've interrupted me whilst on my personal cellphone" look. The bathroom doors were dirty. Cleaners spoke loudly over radios in the room when others were asleep. The list goes on. Staff need a major revamp. The hostel itself has great facilities.

Stayed here for 5 nights and enjoyed my stay. Hostel is super clean and in a great location, right next to the night bazaar. The hostel also provides laundry machines and a full kitchen if you want to cook meals. Washrooms were big and clean with great rain showers. However, there is not much of an atmosphere and not an easy place to meet other travellers. Only negative for me!

Very central location close to all major sites in Chiang Mai. Only complaint was the street it's on is filled with prostitution bars and they are everywhere at night. We stayed in the 4 bedroom family room and it was very nice and enjoyable, fun for a group of 4 as it's a huge room and you can pregame/ get ready together

Great helpful and friendly staff. Good clean facilities. Really enjoyed my stay here!

Don't hang out in the lobby or 2nd floor unless you have a nice supply of mosquito repellent.

Good beds, clean dorms and big lockers! Showers and toilets are a bit cramped but good water pressure and hot water! Staff weren't the most helpful though

In general it's a good hostel. Nice interior and atmosphere, easy to connect with new people due to the common areas. Hygienewise it's not good since they don't have soap/handwash in the bathrooms on the different floors. no toilet paper in the toilet booths so one have to bring toilet paper from the sink. Quite bad, since one either forgets it or brings too much = a waste. The wifi situation is also annoying, you have to reconnect with user+pass each time you come in or change floors.

The cleanliness of the hostel was terrible, the bathrooms were never clean even when i asked the staff to clean, the hand washers had the 3 days I stayed the same stains and hairs, the back side of the doors were full of fungus as well as the shelf were i had to put my stuff, the tools and drawers in the kitchen were full of dust as well. The front desk staf were lovely, but the rest of the staff wasnt, one of them even yell to me.

• 26th Feb 2015