So Hostel Chiangmai Reviews

64/2 Loy Khroh Road, Tambon Changklan, Amphur Muan, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great location, squeaky clean hostel and hot showers!

• 24th Sep 2014

I really liked this hostel. The dorms were really good, beds were big, it was clean and there were lockers in the dorms. I felt like it lacked atmosphere a bit but then I wasn't staying at a particularly busy time so it's hard to comment really. The staff were friendly but not all that helpful when it came to booking tours or activities, but there are plenty of places down the street that you can use instead. A very comfortable stay.

Showers are filthy and the staff very unfriendly. AC wasn't really working in our dorm and after asking twice a day over three days it still wasn't fixed. Trying to extend your stay here is a very complicated business as you can't just pay the hostel, you have to rebook through a website. The floor in our dorm was filthy and so was the walls, but they only ever swept and didn't actually clean ie mop. It's in the PINK light district so the hostel is surrounded by gogo bars and 'massage' places.

Good hostel. Decent location. Rooms were very comfortable.

For this money it is a good place to stay. Great beds, nice staff, great location, a bit dirty but acceptable.

Too big to be a real hostel. When i injured myself in front of the staff they laughed instead of helping me. There are so many nicer places in chiang mai, im happy i left.

it was a really sociable hostel that was extremely clean and efficient. Takes 15-20 mins to walk into the centre of town. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would reccomend it!

Close to the centre! Nice staff and clean rooms!

• 21st Jul 2014

Average hostel, not much of a vibe, but perfectly nice with no major problems

New updated dorm w AC! I came from a place w only fans and bugs so this felt like luxury! Front desk people aren't of much help though. 20baht to make a dinner reservation for my bday 2 blocks down the street so I just walked there to make the reservation myself instead. Ugh.

I booked 3 nights in the internet for 275 bht per night. If you want to stay longer and pay this at the reception you have to pay 299 p.n. Don't book bikes over the hostel. They charge you 100 bht more for nothing! I wanted to stay for 3 more nights there and paid it in advantage. When i wanted to leave after my 5th night (1 day earlier) they couldn't get me my money back in case of stupid policies which makes no sense!! Sad...

Really clean, modern, perfect location! Lockers in every room and a great sociable kitchen and communal area downstairs! We stayed in a 12 bed dorm and it wasn't too noisy, people were friendly, good for people travelling on their own or in groups.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

While this hostel is really nice and modern, there were a few things that really bothered me about the hostel. 1) the computers weren't free to use, 2) the cleaning staff would come into the dorm at 8am and change the sheets of travellers that had just left making it hard to sleep, 3) and one staff member came into my dorm while I was napping and shook my bunk bed for 10 minutes testing how wobbly it was. WTF. There are certain times when it is or is not appropriate to fix beds and clean dorms.

Comfortable bed, very friendly & helpful staff. Hopefully they can improve the toilet cleanliness, it's a bit smelly, & please scrub the shower door.

stayed in a standard double bed private. Room was very nice and clean and felt more like a hotel. Room was ready on arrival at about 11. Had a fridge which was nice and AC was good. Location is great, right between the old town and the night bazaar which is great for wandering around in the evening and getting food. was easy to get to from the train station and easy getting to the airport at the end of our stay.

We are two Taiwanese girls, stayed in a private 2-bed room. Overall, the hostel is very good. Friendly staff, great location to night markets. Spacious common area. The only thing we dislike is, the toilet has bad smell and we could only use hot water for 5 mins. Ask the staff to fix it but they failed. But with that price and service, it is still recommended :)

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

I have been staying one week in So Hostel. I have gained quite a lot of great time and friends at here. The shower rooms are small, maybe the hostel management can expand the space by making 6 shower rooms to 3 shower rooms, ha. The staffs are very helpful, we can count on them to solve the problem even in early morning. I feel so thankful to them because help me in early morning, so that i am not miss out my flight! In conclusion, i would like to say how much i have enjoyed staying here.

Great hostel! Best hostel we've been to in Thailand!

Very well located, clean hostel with friendly staff and a lift/elevator to take you to the higher floors! Key cards for rooms meant random people couldn't just stroll in which was great and the kitchen and laundry facilities were great too! Key cards sometimes don't work but just ask a member of staff and they will sort it out right away. Would definitely reccomend to others and stay here again myself. I stayed in the 6 bed female dorm.

This hostel has a lot of potential, good beds, good facilities, internet, a/c, washing machines, big kitchen area. Badly let down by the staff who have little intetest in the guests and little knowledge on anything in Chiang Mai. There are better places to stay.