So Hostel Chiangmai Reviews

64/2 Loy Khroh Road, Tambon Changklan, Amphur Muan, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Pros: Completely new, very clean, comfy beds, lots of showers & toilets, big kitchen Cons: Hotel atmosphere (hard to meet people and no group events), staff was friendly but not knowledgable so very hard to figure things out, no cheap restaurants nearby, has a very slow elevator, towels not included,

Very cool hostel. Room was spacious and lockers were good. However, my bunk rocked all night. Every time my boyfriend moved the whole thing would shake. The toilets were disgusting, Cleaners walking round everywhere so not sure why they were so bad. Staff were rude at reception. The people we had in our room were very inconsiderate. Came in at 1am turned all lights on making noise. (Obviously not the hostels fault). Atmosphere was very poor. Not impressed with our stay which is a shame.

Beds were not that comfortable, especially if you're on the top bunk and have to deal with the lower bunk mate tossing and turning throughout the night (the upper bed sways left to right).

The owner is really great ! Rooms are clean . Easy to rent a scooter too at this hostel, I recommend

Good place to stay for the price.

• 25th Jan 2016

Good clean hostel with excellent facilities. Only thing is they still had the plastic on the mattresses in the room I was staying in which were really noisy when someone moved.

• 22nd Jan 2016

RUDE staff. Not helpful at all.

Good and clean hoatel. Shame the rooftop was closed off. Good secure rooms. Staff could have been a little friendlier

I've stayed here before which is why I booked it again. Originally I booked this trip for just myself so I booked a six person female dorn. However a month later my boyfriend decided to come with me so I emailed them asking to switch the room which they did. Well the night before I was due to fly to chiang mai they emailed me saying they couldn't change it as had given my room away, so I had to book something else far outside the city centre. It almost ruined my trip, so frustrating...not nice

Great facilities, has a bit of a hotel feeling although there is still a common area for people to socialize. Location was perfect for loi krathong (not too far from all the main temples and the ping river) although it seems to be in the "red light district" of chiang Mai so walking on the hotel street late at night can be a bit annoying (but feels safe nonetheless)

The hostel itself is great for the money and is fairly large (7 floors!). But the location is awful. While centrally located which is convenient, it's in the seedy bar/happy ending massage place part of town. If you don't mind watching creepy old guys taking advantage of young Thai women then it's an ok place to stay. Not the safest street at night, not recommended for the solo female traveler.

I have a great time at the hostel will recommend to everyone.

It is value for money,great location and very friendly staff. I would highly recommend staying here. The only down part was this women who looked like a man was banging different men every night in our 12 room dorm. Poor Chinese girl had to move rooms as she was probably scared for life as her bed was right next to here. I'm still having nightmares over it! Except for that it was great place!

This could be a good hostel... Nice big dorms, decent loos & showers with hot water. Bed with light & socket. I was the only person in my dorm for 2 nights. The entire hostel felt empty with no vibe or opportunity to meet people. Staff were sterile. Not especially clean, I noticed chewing gum stuck on the shower wall for 3 days. Also saw staff 'changing' a bed after departure which consisted of simply re-making :(. Make staff will let themselves into your dorm/ bathroom without knocking .

Stayed two nights, very clean, very spacious hostel. Nice hot showers and good wifi. Also has a washing machine which is much more convenient than sink washing! Staff are a bit hit and miss with friendliness/helpfulness! Wasn't a buzzing hostel like I've heard others were but it was fine for what we needed.

Having the kitchen is great as not many hostels do. I would have put great value for money if it hadn't have been for the fact that i saw the staff 'change a bed' upon someone's checkout in my dorm. It consisted off shaking out the duvet and pillow and tucking it all back in!! Not at all acceptable really! Floors could do with a sweep even every other day as very dusty & covered in hairs... also no bins in the room.

Good hostel, social people and pretty big dorms. The 12 bed felt like it had way less people in & everyone was really lovely. Staff were super helpful & location was bang on.