So Hostel Chiangmai Reviews

64/2 Loy Khroh Road, Tambon Changklan, Amphur Muan, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Good hostel. Decent location. Rooms were very comfortable.

For this money it is a good place to stay. Great beds, nice staff, great location, a bit dirty but acceptable.

Too big to be a real hostel. When i injured myself in front of the staff they laughed instead of helping me. There are so many nicer places in chiang mai, im happy i left.

it was a really sociable hostel that was extremely clean and efficient. Takes 15-20 mins to walk into the centre of town. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would reccomend it!

Close to the centre! Nice staff and clean rooms!

• 21st Jul 2014

New updated dorm w AC! I came from a place w only fans and bugs so this felt like luxury! Front desk people aren't of much help though. 20baht to make a dinner reservation for my bday 2 blocks down the street so I just walked there to make the reservation myself instead. Ugh.

I booked 3 nights in the internet for 275 bht per night. If you want to stay longer and pay this at the reception you have to pay 299 p.n. Don't book bikes over the hostel. They charge you 100 bht more for nothing! I wanted to stay for 3 more nights there and paid it in advantage. When i wanted to leave after my 5th night (1 day earlier) they couldn't get me my money back in case of stupid policies which makes no sense!! Sad...

Really clean, modern, perfect location! Lockers in every room and a great sociable kitchen and communal area downstairs! We stayed in a 12 bed dorm and it wasn't too noisy, people were friendly, good for people travelling on their own or in groups.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

While this hostel is really nice and modern, there were a few things that really bothered me about the hostel. 1) the computers weren't free to use, 2) the cleaning staff would come into the dorm at 8am and change the sheets of travellers that had just left making it hard to sleep, 3) and one staff member came into my dorm while I was napping and shook my bunk bed for 10 minutes testing how wobbly it was. WTF. There are certain times when it is or is not appropriate to fix beds and clean dorms.

Comfortable bed, very friendly & helpful staff. Hopefully they can improve the toilet cleanliness, it's a bit smelly, & please scrub the shower door.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

stayed in a standard double bed private. Room was very nice and clean and felt more like a hotel. Room was ready on arrival at about 11. Had a fridge which was nice and AC was good. Location is great, right between the old town and the night bazaar which is great for wandering around in the evening and getting food. was easy to get to from the train station and easy getting to the airport at the end of our stay.

We are two Taiwanese girls, stayed in a private 2-bed room. Overall, the hostel is very good. Friendly staff, great location to night markets. Spacious common area. The only thing we dislike is, the toilet has bad smell and we could only use hot water for 5 mins. Ask the staff to fix it but they failed. But with that price and service, it is still recommended :)

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

I have been staying one week in So Hostel. I have gained quite a lot of great time and friends at here. The shower rooms are small, maybe the hostel management can expand the space by making 6 shower rooms to 3 shower rooms, ha. The staffs are very helpful, we can count on them to solve the problem even in early morning. I feel so thankful to them because help me in early morning, so that i am not miss out my flight! In conclusion, i would like to say how much i have enjoyed staying here.

Great hostel! Best hostel we've been to in Thailand!

Very well located, clean hostel with friendly staff and a lift/elevator to take you to the higher floors! Key cards for rooms meant random people couldn't just stroll in which was great and the kitchen and laundry facilities were great too! Key cards sometimes don't work but just ask a member of staff and they will sort it out right away. Would definitely reccomend to others and stay here again myself. I stayed in the 6 bed female dorm.

This hostel has a lot of potential, good beds, good facilities, internet, a/c, washing machines, big kitchen area. Badly let down by the staff who have little intetest in the guests and little knowledge on anything in Chiang Mai. There are better places to stay.

great place to stay. its a bit far outside (around 20min walking to the center). the staff is amazing. i forgot my glasses at koh lanta and the girl helped me to get them back. they have a pretty good veggie restaurant.

They clean it once during the day, and by the evening or the following morning, the bathrooms are a mess. So disgusting. Its cheap if you're traveling alone, but if not, get a hotel and it would be cheaper to split a room with someone.

A very modern and well equipped hostel but the staff were quite unhelpful and rude at times. Being so modern I was surprised to find the bed sheets had holes in them and on a whole the place doesn't have much of a sociable atmosphere!

I stayed at this hostel for a few nights and found that it was clean, secure and the beds were comfortable. It is a sociable hostel but I felt the majority of people would be in the communal area binge drinking and the hostel lacked a nice area where people could simply lounge and chill and meet people during the day. The hostel is huge (9 floors) and the staff are friendly. Overall I would stay again, but say this hostel lacks a personal, close knit feel that smaller hostels have.