So Hostel Chiangmai Reviews

64/2 Loy Khroh Road, Tambon Changklan, Amphur Muan, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Really good location and great price!

Front desk reception not friendly and always on the phone. Cleaning staff moved and threw away shampoo and other items on my bed without my permission.

Small room with fan and private bathroom. Really nice owner (french thai couple). Hard to communicate with the other stuff. Best location right in the middle of night bazaar and old town.

I wasn't a massive fan of sohostel. It was fairly standard apart from the slightly grimy showers but despite having a large communal area it really lacked atmosphere. I think they need to rearrange the layout and maybe organise drinking games or something in the evening. Great location though close to thapae gate and the night bizarre.

Wish they provided you with towel but other than that it was great!

all sheets in our room had worn holes in them. staff barely spoke English. I asked if hostel had washer/dryer for laundry and they told me "go outside, left, go left. laundry!" the next day I found out from guests there is a coin washer dryer. staff was unable to help with simple directions to tourist sites. bathrooms had super dirty floors (wet mopped daily, but dirty due to traffic on wet floors). beds are super hard. sad because this is a super cool looking hostel in a great location.

Don't book with the staff any tours or buses. First off they booked a tour for us and had us wait for an extra half hour before finally realizing they had booked us for the wrong day. They were very unhelpful, rude and took several hours to finally pay us back our money since they had made a mistake. Also the bus we booked with them didn't show up for hours after the scheduled time, and they were little help, telling us two hours before the bus arrived that it was "on it's way".

The only good thing about the hostel is that is well located, but chiang mai is small so there is no such thing as bad location! The hostel doesnt have a social vibe at all, is really strange! The rooms are hot and loud! The toilets have open doors, no privacy at all! And they are disgusting, full of spiders at the cealing, and there was dirt and hair all over the sinks! Would not recomend!

Lacked atmosphere was away from the other livelier hostels. Staff weren't that great

Very very unfriendly staff. Unlike other Thai they hardly ever seemed to smile, were not helpful when our organized tour was not showing up, and doubly booked our beds the first night so we had to change beds at 11pm.

Bathrooms are pretty dirty despite the common areas being very very clean. Keycards kept on failing. Staff just goes about their own business with people waiting at the desk, seems like they don't care.

Good location, close enough to the old city and on the way to the night bazaar. Staff speak limited English and sometimes give out wrong information (send you to the other side of the city for a hair cut / vegetable market when there are options 5 minutes from the hostel). Cleanliness is about average I'd say, shower doors are not cleaned on the inside.

Bed sheets were torn and dirty, and staff refused to change them if it's prior to a 3 day stay. It's a nice hostel in a good area, massive, and has a cafe. Showers and washrooms weren't very clean.

Large Hostel! Nice big rooms throughout the hostel, air conditioned rooms, lockers in each room large enough to fit my backpack and day bag! Bedrooms are tidied daily, however the showers are really dirty!! Stayed for many nights and the shower rooms have not been cleaned once!! There is no bar and the hostel lacks atmosphere, no music or entertainment/games/lounge area. Although being Central there is plenty to do.

Very close to the night market and the City! Great Kitchen - 15 min to the next Supermarkt.

Very dirty bathroom

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Thailand

Great location, squeaky clean hostel and hot showers!

I really liked this hostel. The dorms were really good, beds were big, it was clean and there were lockers in the dorms. I felt like it lacked atmosphere a bit but then I wasn't staying at a particularly busy time so it's hard to comment really. The staff were friendly but not all that helpful when it came to booking tours or activities, but there are plenty of places down the street that you can use instead. A very comfortable stay.

Showers are filthy and the staff very unfriendly. AC wasn't really working in our dorm and after asking twice a day over three days it still wasn't fixed. Trying to extend your stay here is a very complicated business as you can't just pay the hostel, you have to rebook through a website. The floor in our dorm was filthy and so was the walls, but they only ever swept and didn't actually clean ie mop. It's in the PINK light district so the hostel is surrounded by gogo bars and 'massage' places.

Good hostel. Decent location. Rooms were very comfortable.