SoBe Hostel & Bar Reviews

235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

If you're looking for a PARTY hostel with a great value, this is THE place for you. They have parties every night at the best South Beach clubs, the dinner was always delicious, the staff was super nice to me and the bar has drinks at a really good price. However, they could use some improvements. The room was too crowded and because the windows didn't open it was always smelling weird, and the bathrooms looked dirty most of the time. But I'd recommend it if partying is what you're looking for!

Hello friend! We are very pleased to know that you were able to enjoy our parties. We know that lots of people come to Miami to enjoy the nightlife so we do a great effort to provide them with a night to remember at an affordable price. We are under new management at the moment and in the next few months we will be doing some upgrades to the hostel to provide a better service for our guests. We hope you can come back soon to check all the modifications. Thank you for choosing us!

Really good overall experience, the hostel was right in the middle of South Beach. Only things to improve was the breakfast, which was waffle/bagel with a fruit and coffee/juice. The kitchen was also poorly equipped without a proper stove, so making your own breakfast was a challenge. Also, during the end of our stay the keycards didn't work properly, so we had to reset our cards quite a few times. It wasn't a huge problem, only a bit annoying.

Dear Friend, We are thrilled to know that you had a good stay with us and we thank you for your stay at SoBe Hostel & Bar. We want everyone to know that we take all feedback very serious. We are currently working on bettering the breakfast by giving more food options everyday. The kitchen will go under renovation soon and we are going to attempt to get a stove in there. Once again we thank you for your stay and we hope that you have the chance to come check out the modifications soon.

The worst hostel I've ever visited. Toilets are dirty. Common area is so small. Wifi is only available in common area where is stinky! At night the hostel is very noisy. I stayed on the second floor but I heard loud music as it was turned on from the radio in my room. Room is small and bed is super-unconfortable. You will wake up every time when a person above you move. Guests never care about the others, they just shut the door as if they want to kill something that stuck on it!

awesome hostel! perfect location in south beach just 2 blocks from the beach and a few minutes walk from all restaurants and night life. feed you breakfast and dinner which is a bonus. cheap food right next door also. perfect if your wanting to party as they organize parties every night and wanting to relax on the beach.

Hello dear, Thank you for staying with us and being such a great guest. It is very rewarding to hear that we are succeeding at our goals which are; providing our guest with great customer service, easy access to the beach, free meals to save some money, and the ability to party at the best clubs in Miami while not going bankrupt in the meantime. We are glad that you decided to stay with us and we hope you will have the chance to come back soon. Safe Travels!

Staff was very rude and with attidude. The showers were very dirty, looks like the barhroom no one ever cleans them.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Macedonia

Hello Sasko, We are very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with our staff. They are trained to provide guests with everything they need and I know they all try really hard. I will speak to them to make sure that they are all motivated and ready to provide proper customer service. Bathrooms are currently being cleaned multiple times a day however due to the building being older it may not appear that way. However we are happy to announce that all bathrooms will be remodel soon!

It was horrible beside de The atmosphere, everything was horrible

• 23rd Apr 2015

We apologize for the bad experience you had at the hostel. We would love for you to send us an e-mail explaining a little more in detail what was wrong with your stay so we can make sure that we work on it. We are currently under new management and I promise that we will do our best to better ourselves. Our goal is to provide our guest with a great time in Miami Beach and we are always open to constructive criticism in order to improve. We wish you a wonderful trip. -SoBe Hostel & Bar Team

A well located, friendly hostel that provides all the standard amenities expected in a hostel. Location is brilliant. Be aware of the night club promotions they offer, where most hostels do this it's is generally a rip off provided to naive travelers. Still lovely place and friendly staff, really satisfied with my stay.

• 18th Apr 2015

Friend, We were very happy to be your host here in Miami Beach. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our services and we hope to see you again. To clarify to you and others reading the goal of our night events is to provide travelers with the Miami Beach nightlife experience while staying on budget. Clubs and drinks can get really expensive here and that is why we have arrangements to provide our guests with free drinks, transportation and discounted tickets to the best clubs

Staff were amazing - I arrived at like 2am and had to catch a bus at 6am the next day, the guy at the desk was so helpful and even booked a discounted cab for me and it arrived in 5 mins. The problem is this is South Beach the party scene so people and coming and going ALL NIGHT. The dorm light was constantly on all night from guys wandering back in from the clubs...so as long as you're ok with that this place is good value. Cheap and straightforward.

Best thing about the hostel is the location. Everything of interest in South Beach is in walking distance. Other than that there is nothing great about the hostel. Our room was dirty and full of old clothes, towels and food...that didn't belong to anyone in the room!! Beds are uncomfortable. A/c is very noisy. You have to pay for towels. Bathrooms are small and dirty. Most staff are unfriendly, except for 1 or 2. Wifi did not work great. Price is ridiculous for what you get...but this is Miami!

Wow. One of the best hostels I ever been. close to the beach, clean and very helpful staff (especially Ramon). Well done. Free breakfast as in any other hostel, BUT also FREE dinner what is big plus after day spent on the beach. Only down was parking. Site said parking lot. Never mentioned I have to pay for it. But this didnt upset us and was only tiny thing bad. Otherwise if i ever going back to MIAMI i definitely be staying here.

Really good hostel with minor flaws. I had a 12 person room and it was really small but the 4 man rooms where decent. Everyone has a locker but you need a padlock - not a big deal. Showers were OK nothing fancy but worked and were clean. Good atmosphere, friendly lots of people to hang out with and stuff on every night. If you don't want to go clubbing there are so many bars that you can have whatever night you want, I even ended up playing volleyball with a bunch of random people. 4.5/5 stars

The best thing beside from another hostel is they offer a free dinner for every guest. However, the room need more spaces. It's not a problem with more beds but it need more space also. Another thing is facilities condition. I stay on first floor and I've found that many men showers are out of order. By the way, because I'm bored of Miami city that's why I rating to this hostel very low. If we aren't considering in city. This hostel still keep characteristics of a "good" hostel.

SHOWERS IN NEED OF REPAIR. HANGOUT CLUB OVERLY NOISY, LOBBY TEMPERATURE UNCOMFORTABLE,SORRY TO SEE SUCH EMPHASIS ON YOUNG PEOPLE CONSUMING ALCOHOL, ALTHOUGH I IMAGINE THAT THIS IS A MAJOR REVENUE PRODUCER, GUESTS SEEM QUITE HAPPY AS DO I AND I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO FRIENDS. .

• 6th Apr 2015

Nights out organised by the hostel were good. Communal areas were always busy with people. Wifi wasn't great. Showers were a bit rubbish.

If you are looking a party hostel and safety, this is your best election. Near the beach and some clubs. The breakfast is not the best, but the dinner is good, and also they let you repeat. It is a good deal for the money that you pay. i absolutely recommend this hostel. it is easy meet people of all the world. For going out you must pay $10/20, depends the club, that incluides free drinks for 30 minutes, and the entrance to the club and the bus party.

The place was very good, but the music was too much. They had music in their bar inside until very late, which sounded in my room. And the problem wasn't about late night, the music started to sound at 7am very high. It was impossible to rest, and the room was very small for 8 persons. All the towels were ALWAYS dirty, and the bathroom smelled always to pee. They have a good free breakfast and dinner, and good prices for drinks. Good guests there, all youngs. You meet a lot of nice people

Pros: Excellent hostel if you want to party in Miami. I would recommend it for one, or maybe two days. They have free breakfast and dinner which is also nice. Cons: Terrible hostel if you want to relax or sleep. The beds are small and uncomfortable, the rooms are also small. The bathrooms are shared, uncomfortable, and sometimes dirty.

Cleanliness is good. There is not enough space in the dormitories to rest well. there is missing some infrastructure in the bathrooms and showers,for example coat hooks,etc.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

Bathrooms and restrooms are not really clean and dorms are vert tidy... But Nice atmosphère and a lot of offered activities !

Stayed there for one nigth with 2 more friends, great place, the shower need a deep clean! Overall, a great hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6