SoBe Hostel & Bar Reviews

235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

This was my first time staying in a hostel. Probably one of the best experiences of my life. Basically like living in a college dorm. Everyone is super friendly , they have organized events at night that have a party bus pick you up at the club. staff was great, willing to give you new sheets and towels if needed ! Bathrooms need a little bit more attention. Staff let us shower after we checked out later in the day since our flight was at night ! 2 blocks away from EVERYTHING ! Can't beat it !

• 26th Jun 2015

The overall experience here was good however they say you have ensuite rooms which isn't true infect you have only 4 bathrooms for about 100+ people per floor . I didn't even bother to use the bathroom they where worst than public bathrooms and very uncomfortable. I ended my stay early and left the country early because of the bathroom situation. On the plus side you get a basic lunch and dinner included in the price and it's super close to the beach and ocean drive .

Really good location in South beach. Breakfast was great and pretty generous. The hostel organised nights out were also great value. If you want to experience the big Miami clubs without paying loads it's a great hostel. Communal kitchen isn't great however and our food was stolen by someone. If you're looking for a good sleep go elsewhere as beds are not comfy at all!

1st hostel on a backpacking trip through 'The America's'. Nice to be collected from the airport, good atmosphere with cheap beers (for Miami!). Breakfast was home made waffles one day and bagels the next with fruit, coffee and juice. Dinner was pulled pork with rice and beans, all very nice. Free water all day. The only downside is that it is very noisy until 2-3am as people go here to party! Would definitely recommend.

Great!!! Very well located and great staff. It was lot of fun.

Hostel was pretty good with a great bar at the the front, make bathroom facilities up stares are awful though, one toilet between about 20 rooms that hold 4 people in them is not enough!!!!

Would have given 5* for value but was never able to eat dinner because there was never a vegetarian/halal option. My room always seemed to be freezing at night so I ended up getting ill but when I asked for extra blankets they were happy to give me some.

• 14th Jun 2015

Hello Friend, We are very happy to know that you enjoyed the hostel and that you had a great stay with us. We are very exited that we are now offering vegetarian meals for guest that let us know every morning. We thank you for choosing SoBe Hostel and we hope to see you again in the near future! Kindly,

This is a big party hostel with different club every night of the week. Breakfast was good, alternates between waffles and bagels. But dinner wasn't that great. As someone who doesn't eat meat I found myself with a plate of rice almost every night. But the little Mexican cafe next door do some really good food. I stayed on the ground floor in a 12 girls dorm. It was quite small for all the suitcases that were in the room. But pretty quite seeing as there was a party happening in the lobby!

clean and comfortable enough! free breakfast and dinner were good. Didn't have any noise issues (even on a Saturday night)

Hello Brother, We thank you for making us part of your Miami experience. We are glad that you enjoyed our free meals and that we were able to meet all of your expectations! We are currently changing all mattresses to provide extra comfort to the beds and we hope that you have the opportunity to come check them out soon! Thank you for being such an amazing guest and we wish you safe travels!

Everything is really good there, the atmosphere, rooms, the staffs are so kind and helpful. the only problem I had was that my cellphone was stolen in the lobby while it was charging next to the computers with another cellphones.

We are very sorry to hear about your phone! It makes us very sad to know that people take what other have worked so hard to get, this is why we have cameras everywhere and we recommend all guest to not leave any belongings untended. We are happy to know that besides that incident you enjoyed our atmosphere, the free meals, and that the staff satisfied your expectations! We thank you for allowing us to host you while in Miami, and we hope there is a next time soon!

This a party hostel - if you want to go out every night then this is the place for you! They have a bar downstairs where they play really loud music until late (like 1-2am) and our room was right above it - no sleep :( As lots of other people have pointed out - the mattresses are really bad but I think they have taken steps to improve this. Breakfast is OK, dinner is good if you love meat (I am vegetarian and there was no alternative that I could eat :( Staff members are nice and helpful :)

Hello Dear, We are consider a "party hostel" and while we agree we would like to point out that we take extreme measurements so that this does not bother other guests. As you mentioned, many guest have pointed out that the mattresses needed a change and that is why i am happy to inform you and other guests that we will get all new mattresses within the next 2 weeks. We have also made changes to be able to provide vegetarian meals for guests who request it each morning :) Thank you!

Easy few minutes to walk to the beach. Decent bar and common area. Small kitchen, mediocre bathrooms. I didn't go out with the hostel since I didn't have much info re time and cost and heard that the club was terrible - friends who went didn't enjoy it either so do your research in advance. Bed was absolutely terrible and I couldn't even sleep. There was a sketchy 70 year old man on another top bunk in my room that got out of bed noisily every hour and a guy with a loud breathing machine. Weird.

Great for a one night party hostel, staff is knowledgeable of the party scene. The beds are pretty bad and the hostel isn't comfortable for more than a weekend.

Hello Friend, We are glad you enjoyed our night events. We are happy that you decided to stay with us and we thank you for your feedback. We are aware that the mattresses need to be changed, therefore I am happy to inform you that we have bough all new foam mattresses and they should arrive by mid June. We hope to see you again soon!

We were greatly disappointed with the beds and showers. The bunk beds were very unsteady and moved with the slightest movement from the person below. The aircon blew all the air on the person below, and nothing reached the top bed. We could feel all the springs in the mattresses and they were really hard. There was no place to leave your clothes when going into the showers, no shelf for shampoo, and no hair dryer.

Hello Dear, We are very disappointed in ourselves that we were not able to meet your standards. It always makes us really sad to hear that we were not able to provide you with a good time while you stayed with us. We take feedback very serious and you can be sure that we will do our best to improve. We are currently getting new beds for all the rooms, we will start remodeling the bathrooms soon, and we will change all air cons in the rooms. We hope the rest of your trip goes well!

Great place to meet people and have a good time. Close to beach and about everything else you would need. Very friendly/helpful staff. Very expensive stay for jagged mattress springs in your back all night and a bathroom similar the beach public restroom. Not sure why it has such high ratings. There are some very nice alternatives close by at same price.

Hello, We thank you for choosing SoBe Hostel & Bar and we are happy you enjoyed some of our perks. We are a fun hostel that aims to provide guest with a great and fun atmosphere. We have already bought all new mattresses for the hostel and they should arrive by mid June. We are also remodeling the bathrooms soon for our guests convenience. We take feedback very serious and we are going to do everything in our hands to improve. we hope you have a wonderful trip.

I really appreciated the HUGE lockers in the room - I never had to worry about leaving my stuff in the dorm. Free breakfast and dinner every day were also some good additions to the experience.

• 22nd May 2015
  • Russia

I stayed 4 day at hostel and i had a super back pain cus of beds ! Beds are too old and extremely distrubing. There are 3 bathroom but only one is working.Its seems no one care about this hostel.Someone must remind to staff That they working at hostel not hotel.This hostel is ok just for weekend for party and drink.If you would stay longer go Another place.Only good thing is really good location !

Really enjoyed our stay, guys working at the main desk always really helpful. Breakfast really good, either waffles or bagels and big portions. Some dinners better than others, first three night great but then the guy serving them changed and the portions were tiny! Overall good though.

Hello, We are very happy to hear that you had a good time with us! We thank you for making us part of your trip and we hope to see you another time soon. I will speak to the food server so we he can give better proportions :) Thank you.

Very friendly staff, great location and free breakfast and dinner!

The morning cleaning lady on the 2nd floor was extremely rude & inconsiderate, I had places to be early in the morning and would not allow me to use the restroom. I had to go downstairs, explain the situation to mgmt. There was an older lady that seem to be living in the hostel (not sure) using multiple lockers. I understand that some ppl may not know how its goes in a hostel but someone from the hostel should have said something to her, its unfair to others. Front guys were very helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6