SoBe Hostel & Bar Reviews

235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

Great for a one night party hostel, staff is knowledgeable of the party scene. The beds are pretty bad and the hostel isn't comfortable for more than a weekend.

Hello Friend, We are glad you enjoyed our night events. We are happy that you decided to stay with us and we thank you for your feedback. We are aware that the mattresses need to be changed, therefore I am happy to inform you that we have bough all new foam mattresses and they should arrive by mid June. We hope to see you again soon!

We were greatly disappointed with the beds and showers. The bunk beds were very unsteady and moved with the slightest movement from the person below. The aircon blew all the air on the person below, and nothing reached the top bed. We could feel all the springs in the mattresses and they were really hard. There was no place to leave your clothes when going into the showers, no shelf for shampoo, and no hair dryer.

Hello Dear, We are very disappointed in ourselves that we were not able to meet your standards. It always makes us really sad to hear that we were not able to provide you with a good time while you stayed with us. We take feedback very serious and you can be sure that we will do our best to improve. We are currently getting new beds for all the rooms, we will start remodeling the bathrooms soon, and we will change all air cons in the rooms. We hope the rest of your trip goes well!

Great place to meet people and have a good time. Close to beach and about everything else you would need. Very friendly/helpful staff. Very expensive stay for jagged mattress springs in your back all night and a bathroom similar the beach public restroom. Not sure why it has such high ratings. There are some very nice alternatives close by at same price.

Hello, We thank you for choosing SoBe Hostel & Bar and we are happy you enjoyed some of our perks. We are a fun hostel that aims to provide guest with a great and fun atmosphere. We have already bought all new mattresses for the hostel and they should arrive by mid June. We are also remodeling the bathrooms soon for our guests convenience. We take feedback very serious and we are going to do everything in our hands to improve. we hope you have a wonderful trip.

I stayed 4 day at hostel and i had a super back pain cus of beds ! Beds are too old and extremely distrubing. There are 3 bathroom but only one is working.Its seems no one care about this hostel.Someone must remind to staff That they working at hostel not hotel.This hostel is ok just for weekend for party and drink.If you would stay longer go Another place.Only good thing is really good location !

Really enjoyed our stay, guys working at the main desk always really helpful. Breakfast really good, either waffles or bagels and big portions. Some dinners better than others, first three night great but then the guy serving them changed and the portions were tiny! Overall good though.

• 22nd May 2015

Very friendly staff, great location and free breakfast and dinner!

If you're looking for a PARTY hostel with a great value, this is THE place for you. They have parties every night at the best South Beach clubs, the dinner was always delicious, the staff was super nice to me and the bar has drinks at a really good price. However, they could use some improvements. The room was too crowded and because the windows didn't open it was always smelling weird, and the bathrooms looked dirty most of the time. But I'd recommend it if partying is what you're looking for!

Hello friend! We are very pleased to know that you were able to enjoy our parties. We know that lots of people come to Miami to enjoy the nightlife so we do a great effort to provide them with a night to remember at an affordable price. We are under new management at the moment and in the next few months we will be doing some upgrades to the hostel to provide a better service for our guests. We hope you can come back soon to check all the modifications. Thank you for choosing us!

Really good overall experience, the hostel was right in the middle of South Beach. Only things to improve was the breakfast, which was waffle/bagel with a fruit and coffee/juice. The kitchen was also poorly equipped without a proper stove, so making your own breakfast was a challenge. Also, during the end of our stay the keycards didn't work properly, so we had to reset our cards quite a few times. It wasn't a huge problem, only a bit annoying.

Dear Friend, We are thrilled to know that you had a good stay with us and we thank you for your stay at SoBe Hostel & Bar. We want everyone to know that we take all feedback very serious. We are currently working on bettering the breakfast by giving more food options everyday. The kitchen will go under renovation soon and we are going to attempt to get a stove in there. Once again we thank you for your stay and we hope that you have the chance to come check out the modifications soon.

The worst hostel I've ever visited. Toilets are dirty. Common area is so small. Wifi is only available in common area where is stinky! At night the hostel is very noisy. I stayed on the second floor but I heard loud music as it was turned on from the radio in my room. Room is small and bed is super-unconfortable. You will wake up every time when a person above you move. Guests never care about the others, they just shut the door as if they want to kill something that stuck on it!

Cleaner than 2 other hostels in South Beach, and since the hostels there all organize events together, this is probably the place I'd pick to stay at the longest. I'm leaving all my reviews from Hostels and I forgot that this place was my fav, but it's a Miami thing. anyway, this place is great, clean, organized, and well worth the buck.

awesome hostel! perfect location in south beach just 2 blocks from the beach and a few minutes walk from all restaurants and night life. feed you breakfast and dinner which is a bonus. cheap food right next door also. perfect if your wanting to party as they organize parties every night and wanting to relax on the beach.

Hello dear, Thank you for staying with us and being such a great guest. It is very rewarding to hear that we are succeeding at our goals which are; providing our guest with great customer service, easy access to the beach, free meals to save some money, and the ability to party at the best clubs in Miami while not going bankrupt in the meantime. We are glad that you decided to stay with us and we hope you will have the chance to come back soon. Safe Travels!

Staff was very rude and with attidude. The showers were very dirty, looks like the barhroom no one ever cleans them.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Macedonia

Hello Sasko, We are very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with our staff. They are trained to provide guests with everything they need and I know they all try really hard. I will speak to them to make sure that they are all motivated and ready to provide proper customer service. Bathrooms are currently being cleaned multiple times a day however due to the building being older it may not appear that way. However we are happy to announce that all bathrooms will be remodel soon!

It was horrible beside de The atmosphere, everything was horrible

• 23rd Apr 2015

We apologize for the bad experience you had at the hostel. We would love for you to send us an e-mail explaining a little more in detail what was wrong with your stay so we can make sure that we work on it. We are currently under new management and I promise that we will do our best to better ourselves. Our goal is to provide our guest with a great time in Miami Beach and we are always open to constructive criticism in order to improve. We wish you a wonderful trip. -SoBe Hostel & Bar Team

A well located, friendly hostel that provides all the standard amenities expected in a hostel. Location is brilliant. Be aware of the night club promotions they offer, where most hostels do this it's is generally a rip off provided to naive travelers. Still lovely place and friendly staff, really satisfied with my stay.

• 18th Apr 2015

Friend, We were very happy to be your host here in Miami Beach. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our services and we hope to see you again. To clarify to you and others reading the goal of our night events is to provide travelers with the Miami Beach nightlife experience while staying on budget. Clubs and drinks can get really expensive here and that is why we have arrangements to provide our guests with free drinks, transportation and discounted tickets to the best clubs

Staff were amazing - I arrived at like 2am and had to catch a bus at 6am the next day, the guy at the desk was so helpful and even booked a discounted cab for me and it arrived in 5 mins. The problem is this is South Beach the party scene so people and coming and going ALL NIGHT. The dorm light was constantly on all night from guys wandering back in from the clubs...so as long as you're ok with that this place is good value. Cheap and straightforward.

Best thing about the hostel is the location. Everything of interest in South Beach is in walking distance. Other than that there is nothing great about the hostel. Our room was dirty and full of old clothes, towels and food...that didn't belong to anyone in the room!! Beds are uncomfortable. A/c is very noisy. You have to pay for towels. Bathrooms are small and dirty. Most staff are unfriendly, except for 1 or 2. Wifi did not work great. Price is ridiculous for what you get...but this is Miami!

Wow. One of the best hostels I ever been. close to the beach, clean and very helpful staff (especially Ramon). Well done. Free breakfast as in any other hostel, BUT also FREE dinner what is big plus after day spent on the beach. Only down was parking. Site said parking lot. Never mentioned I have to pay for it. But this didnt upset us and was only tiny thing bad. Otherwise if i ever going back to MIAMI i definitely be staying here.

Really good hostel with minor flaws. I had a 12 person room and it was really small but the 4 man rooms where decent. Everyone has a locker but you need a padlock - not a big deal. Showers were OK nothing fancy but worked and were clean. Good atmosphere, friendly lots of people to hang out with and stuff on every night. If you don't want to go clubbing there are so many bars that you can have whatever night you want, I even ended up playing volleyball with a bunch of random people. 4.5/5 stars

The best thing beside from another hostel is they offer a free dinner for every guest. However, the room need more spaces. It's not a problem with more beds but it need more space also. Another thing is facilities condition. I stay on first floor and I've found that many men showers are out of order. By the way, because I'm bored of Miami city that's why I rating to this hostel very low. If we aren't considering in city. This hostel still keep characteristics of a "good" hostel.

SHOWERS IN NEED OF REPAIR. HANGOUT CLUB OVERLY NOISY, LOBBY TEMPERATURE UNCOMFORTABLE,SORRY TO SEE SUCH EMPHASIS ON YOUNG PEOPLE CONSUMING ALCOHOL, ALTHOUGH I IMAGINE THAT THIS IS A MAJOR REVENUE PRODUCER, GUESTS SEEM QUITE HAPPY AS DO I AND I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO FRIENDS. .

• 6th Apr 2015