SoBe Hostel & Bar Reviews

235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

I know I only paid a little bit, but this hostel was gross. It looked like people were living there. Plus the bar tender added tip automatically and then set the receipt with the blank tip on top. It was deceitful. If you like to party and don't car about sharing a room with a forty year old man this place is fine. Can't beat the location. But I would have rather paid extra and stayed elsewhere. Oh. And the showers. Nasty.

Bathrooms need updating. Water from upstairs bathroom was draining to downstairs bathroom through the shower and it was disgusting.

Really like dinner being included too! Met so many nice people here and will definitely be coming back again and recomending to others.

Staff, hostel atmosphere & price are good. Towels/beach towels, are free which is great! Limited parking passes available-plan to book this in advance. This is definitely a party hostel so prepare to stay up late/get up early (cleaning staff comes in while you sleep, others in surrounding hostel bang on your doors) & sleep little! Showers can be deep cleaned and updated (at least have it stocked with toilet paper & don't let us use hand towels). Check out @ 12pm sharp or you're charged $20.

Definitely a well-organized hostel but if you didn't come to Miami to party, stay elsewhere. The beds weren't that comfortable but there were lockers underneath them which was nice. The bar had great happy hour prices.

If you're looking for a quiet, clean hostel this is not the place for you. We came here purely to party and be close to the beach and if that's what you want than this will not disappoint!! The hostel puts on great, reasonable nights out to all the local clubs and bars 7 days a week which all include an hour of free drinks before you go out which is always good! The rooms are terribly small and the showers are well mouldy so bring flip flops! But if you get over the small things it's awesome!

It was good

if you want to party in Miami, SoBe is a very good choice. Parties are arranged nightly, you just sign up for the guest list and a bus picks up everybody that wants to go. Cool bar area to get some drinks/meet people before going out.

Everything was going on well until the last night we stayed there the door lock was broken so we went to sleep with it open, and in the middle of the night, a stranger got into the room and touched a guy who was sleeping near the door, but the guy told him to go away, the guy ran and got into the ladies room, at the end I don´t know if the police caught him or what, but that was really scary. Things didn´t go further but it was dangerous, you need to be more careful with things like that.

Hello Dear, We apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through and we guarantee you that we do our best to keep all guest secure. We have a key card system that only allows guests into the guest only area, also you need a key for the rooms, and we have a front desk agent at the desk 24/7 for your security. The lock was repaired right away and the police was notified of the incident! We are glad that everything else went well and we hope to see you again in the future.

The hostel’s location is great, the staff and atmosphere are pretty good. The restrooms were kind of a bummer. I’ve stayed at other hostels before and the restroom facilities and cleanliness are generally better. As for security, anyone can enter the lobby area, so it’s kind of difficult to control who gets in. You need key access to get to the dorms but with so much people going in and out it’s easy to tailgate. I say the hostel has good value for the money, but it could definitely be better.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

After missing my check-in due to a delayed flight I emailed the hostel to notify them I would still check in the following day and would still be expected to be charged for that first night. I arrived the following day and my reservation had been cancelled and I'd lost my room. I was still charged the first night's rate (understandably) and was then put up in a 12 bed dorm; the worst experience I've had! Tiny space, broken lockers, pathetic showers and the wifi doesn't reach past the lobby.

This was my first time staying in a hostel. Probably one of the best experiences of my life. Basically like living in a college dorm. Everyone is super friendly , they have organized events at night that have a party bus pick you up at the club. staff was great, willing to give you new sheets and towels if needed ! Bathrooms need a little bit more attention. Staff let us shower after we checked out later in the day since our flight was at night ! 2 blocks away from EVERYTHING ! Can't beat it !

• 26th Jun 2015

The first time I stayed here in 2012 I had an amazing time and decided to stay here again on my trip, This time I was a little disappointed, booking a mixed dorm and only have guys in there sucked, I like to make friends of both guys and girls. The staff though once again were awesome and friendly. The location is awesome, just a few minutes walk to Ocean's Drive.

The beds were horrible and the rooms was hot and too bright. Everything else was great.

• 23rd Jun 2015

The overall experience here was good however they say you have ensuite rooms which isn't true infect you have only 4 bathrooms for about 100+ people per floor . I didn't even bother to use the bathroom they where worst than public bathrooms and very uncomfortable. I ended my stay early and left the country early because of the bathroom situation. On the plus side you get a basic lunch and dinner included in the price and it's super close to the beach and ocean drive .

Really good location in South beach. Breakfast was great and pretty generous. The hostel organised nights out were also great value. If you want to experience the big Miami clubs without paying loads it's a great hostel. Communal kitchen isn't great however and our food was stolen by someone. If you're looking for a good sleep go elsewhere as beds are not comfy at all!

1st hostel on a backpacking trip through 'The America's'. Nice to be collected from the airport, good atmosphere with cheap beers (for Miami!). Breakfast was home made waffles one day and bagels the next with fruit, coffee and juice. Dinner was pulled pork with rice and beans, all very nice. Free water all day. The only downside is that it is very noisy until 2-3am as people go here to party! Would definitely recommend.

Great!!! Very well located and great staff. It was lot of fun.

Hostel was pretty good with a great bar at the the front, make bathroom facilities up stares are awful though, one toilet between about 20 rooms that hold 4 people in them is not enough!!!!

Would have given 5* for value but was never able to eat dinner because there was never a vegetarian/halal option. My room always seemed to be freezing at night so I ended up getting ill but when I asked for extra blankets they were happy to give me some.

• 14th Jun 2015

Hello Friend, We are very happy to know that you enjoyed the hostel and that you had a great stay with us. We are very exited that we are now offering vegetarian meals for guest that let us know every morning. We thank you for choosing SoBe Hostel and we hope to see you again in the near future! Kindly,

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5