SoBe Hostel & Bar Reviews

235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

Great party hostel, take advantage of free meals at breaky and dinner. Excellent atmosphere.

Hey great hostel, loved the bar and the events, only bummer was the showers and very cramped in the 12 bed dorms.

Great place for a night but rooms are very small and plain. Bar downstairs and social side was excellent.

Had an amazing time here highly recommend!!!

• 6th Jan 2016

needs wifi in rooms. To be able to reserve top or bottom bunk like airplane seat would be nice for the older kids :). I am a senior and had a ball. a youth hostel was something I wanted to experience and never had the chance growing up.

• 6th Jan 2016

The staff was very helpful and accommodating, however the facility has several substantial physical issues. Rooms were quite small and at least one of the under-bed lockers was broken which is unfair in a fully booked room. The bathrooms were poorly cared for and were not cleaned frequently enough; ventilation was non-existent and there was a substantial mold problem on the ceilings. Additional hooks outside the shower stalls would be an easy improvement! Rooms near the front were very loud.

• 6th Jan 2016

one day layover in Miami. I was going to stay in the airport to save some money but decided to try a hostel for the first time. I got dinner, breakfast, free drinks, wi-fi access, and stayed two blocks from the beach. ALL FOR $30!! WHAT A BARGAIN! I definitely recommend this place to people with a small budget.

• 6th Jan 2016

I am not a party person but I had an amazing time meeting other travelers at their bar. The staff was very kind and helpful. I was not there fore the dinner but the breakfast consisted of a waffle with toppings, fruits, coffee, & juice. I recommend the smaller rooms, I upgraded to a 4 bed dorm and it was more calm.

• 3rd Jan 2016

Small rooms upstairs. Good staff. Ended up having a great time cause of roomates

• 31st Dec 2015

I paid $300 for 3 nights to celebrate the New Year. Obviously, the value for money is bad. Room has nothing in it but the bunks and lockers, pillow was missing when I checked in. Dinner is one plate with one choice of a meal. 10 minutes from the beach. Other than that, the hostel is just fine, nothing extraordinary. For $30 a night maybe worth it, but not $100.

Though I do understand that new years can be a very busy time, controlling the beagles and specially the fruit during breakfast is something I think should not be done.

• 30th Dec 2015

I have stayed in many hostels in South Beach, I think this hostel offers the best value for your money. Free airport shuttle, meals, drinks and parties... great staff too... can't ask for more! Only con would be that Wi-Fi is only available in the communal areas and not in the rooms. Everything else was EXCELLENT.

• 29th Dec 2015

I have been at this hostel 5 times in the past two years. The Hostel staff is AWESOME! I usually travel solo and within hours of my arrival I make new friends from around the world. If you are looking to have fun, meet people, and drink for cheap then sobe won't disappoint! Free meals are a big + and the night events also! Thank you guys and until next time!

• 27th Dec 2015

This was a very good Hostel. I was impressed. The staff were super friendly and they helped you with whatever you needed. This hostel is super close to the beach and a fantastic location. Breakfast and dinner included. I would rate this Hostel an A-.

Hostel managers are very good and friendly. There is a bar and all drinks are low price.

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • India

We stayed in SoBe twice during our trip, since is the cheapest option with a good location. We found the breakfast very poor and the kitchen it's only to eat your take out or keep things on the friedge, not for cooking. Location is good and rooms are normal, but the hostel is very noisy and not a good option if you want to rest and have some sleep.

For a hostel it is good, staff are great and helpful, good Hostel atmosphere, wifi worked, the rooms are spacious, shared rooms had a shared bathroom which is good, Jacuzzi was great to relax in, did not use kitchen but had utensils and cooking wear, if you want to go out at night there is the option to, BBQ night was good.

The hostel was really fun and the staff nice and friendly, but the rooms were not clean and there was a bad smell everywhere you went into the hostel, except from the reception probably. The reception and the bar are way smaller than they look in the pictures. But other than that, the hostel is good and I would go back, just not probably to the 12 beds room, cause I didn't feel comfortable there and the room was not clean at all.

The bathroom of the second floor are much better than of the first floor. Like my room was in first floor I just discovered that in my last day. Actually I don't know if I could use this one and I don't understand nobody informed me about that.

• 12th Dec 2015

Clean hostel with friendly staff. As it's is one of the cheapest hostels in Miami Beach, you have to be ready for different type of neighbors. I stayed for 11 days and met there whores and the double PHD persons :-) Earned new friends and was bored for old ones. The location is excellent. You can be on beach in 5 minutes. p.s. somebody took my slippers. it's sad.