SoBe Hostel & Bar Reviews

235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

Everything was going on well until the last night we stayed there the door lock was broken so we went to sleep with it open, and in the middle of the night, a stranger got into the room and touched a guy who was sleeping near the door, but the guy told him to go away, the guy ran and got into the ladies room, at the end I don´t know if the police caught him or what, but that was really scary. Things didn´t go further but it was dangerous, you need to be more careful with things like that.

Hello Dear, We apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through and we guarantee you that we do our best to keep all guest secure. We have a key card system that only allows guests into the guest only area, also you need a key for the rooms, and we have a front desk agent at the desk 24/7 for your security. The lock was repaired right away and the police was notified of the incident! We are glad that everything else went well and we hope to see you again in the future.

The hostel’s location is great, the staff and atmosphere are pretty good. The restrooms were kind of a bummer. I’ve stayed at other hostels before and the restroom facilities and cleanliness are generally better. As for security, anyone can enter the lobby area, so it’s kind of difficult to control who gets in. You need key access to get to the dorms but with so much people going in and out it’s easy to tailgate. I say the hostel has good value for the money, but it could definitely be better.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

After missing my check-in due to a delayed flight I emailed the hostel to notify them I would still check in the following day and would still be expected to be charged for that first night. I arrived the following day and my reservation had been cancelled and I'd lost my room. I was still charged the first night's rate (understandably) and was then put up in a 12 bed dorm; the worst experience I've had! Tiny space, broken lockers, pathetic showers and the wifi doesn't reach past the lobby.

Nice lounge/bar area, a good place to spend the night in Miami. Beds were a little narrow, but there was a big locker at the bottom.

This was my first time staying in a hostel. Probably one of the best experiences of my life. Basically like living in a college dorm. Everyone is super friendly , they have organized events at night that have a party bus pick you up at the club. staff was great, willing to give you new sheets and towels if needed ! Bathrooms need a little bit more attention. Staff let us shower after we checked out later in the day since our flight was at night ! 2 blocks away from EVERYTHING ! Can't beat it !

• 26th Jun 2015

The first time I stayed here in 2012 I had an amazing time and decided to stay here again on my trip, This time I was a little disappointed, booking a mixed dorm and only have guys in there sucked, I like to make friends of both guys and girls. The staff though once again were awesome and friendly. The location is awesome, just a few minutes walk to Ocean's Drive.

The beds were horrible and the rooms was hot and too bright. Everything else was great.

• 23rd Jun 2015

The overall experience here was good however they say you have ensuite rooms which isn't true infect you have only 4 bathrooms for about 100+ people per floor . I didn't even bother to use the bathroom they where worst than public bathrooms and very uncomfortable. I ended my stay early and left the country early because of the bathroom situation. On the plus side you get a basic lunch and dinner included in the price and it's super close to the beach and ocean drive .

Really good location in South beach. Breakfast was great and pretty generous. The hostel organised nights out were also great value. If you want to experience the big Miami clubs without paying loads it's a great hostel. Communal kitchen isn't great however and our food was stolen by someone. If you're looking for a good sleep go elsewhere as beds are not comfy at all!

1st hostel on a backpacking trip through 'The America's'. Nice to be collected from the airport, good atmosphere with cheap beers (for Miami!). Breakfast was home made waffles one day and bagels the next with fruit, coffee and juice. Dinner was pulled pork with rice and beans, all very nice. Free water all day. The only downside is that it is very noisy until 2-3am as people go here to party! Would definitely recommend.

Great!!! Very well located and great staff. It was lot of fun.

Hostel was pretty good with a great bar at the the front, make bathroom facilities up stares are awful though, one toilet between about 20 rooms that hold 4 people in them is not enough!!!!

Very good hostel overall. Great location, very close to South Beach. Friendly and helpful staff and a good atmosphere around the hostel at all times. Lots of activities for guests to get involved in and the bar in the hostel was very handy. If you are thinking of staying here then do it, you won't regret it!

• 14th Jun 2015

Would have given 5* for value but was never able to eat dinner because there was never a vegetarian/halal option. My room always seemed to be freezing at night so I ended up getting ill but when I asked for extra blankets they were happy to give me some.

• 14th Jun 2015

Hello Friend, We are very happy to know that you enjoyed the hostel and that you had a great stay with us. We are very exited that we are now offering vegetarian meals for guest that let us know every morning. We thank you for choosing SoBe Hostel and we hope to see you again in the near future! Kindly,

This is a big party hostel with different club every night of the week. Breakfast was good, alternates between waffles and bagels. But dinner wasn't that great. As someone who doesn't eat meat I found myself with a plate of rice almost every night. But the little Mexican cafe next door do some really good food. I stayed on the ground floor in a 12 girls dorm. It was quite small for all the suitcases that were in the room. But pretty quite seeing as there was a party happening in the lobby!

clean and comfortable enough! free breakfast and dinner were good. Didn't have any noise issues (even on a Saturday night)

Hello Brother, We thank you for making us part of your Miami experience. We are glad that you enjoyed our free meals and that we were able to meet all of your expectations! We are currently changing all mattresses to provide extra comfort to the beds and we hope that you have the opportunity to come check them out soon! Thank you for being such an amazing guest and we wish you safe travels!

Everything is really good there, the atmosphere, rooms, the staffs are so kind and helpful. the only problem I had was that my cellphone was stolen in the lobby while it was charging next to the computers with another cellphones.

We are very sorry to hear about your phone! It makes us very sad to know that people take what other have worked so hard to get, this is why we have cameras everywhere and we recommend all guest to not leave any belongings untended. We are happy to know that besides that incident you enjoyed our atmosphere, the free meals, and that the staff satisfied your expectations! We thank you for allowing us to host you while in Miami, and we hope there is a next time soon!

This a party hostel - if you want to go out every night then this is the place for you! They have a bar downstairs where they play really loud music until late (like 1-2am) and our room was right above it - no sleep :( As lots of other people have pointed out - the mattresses are really bad but I think they have taken steps to improve this. Breakfast is OK, dinner is good if you love meat (I am vegetarian and there was no alternative that I could eat :( Staff members are nice and helpful :)

Hello Dear, We are consider a "party hostel" and while we agree we would like to point out that we take extreme measurements so that this does not bother other guests. As you mentioned, many guest have pointed out that the mattresses needed a change and that is why i am happy to inform you and other guests that we will get all new mattresses within the next 2 weeks. We have also made changes to be able to provide vegetarian meals for guests who request it each morning :) Thank you!

Easy few minutes to walk to the beach. Decent bar and common area. Small kitchen, mediocre bathrooms. I didn't go out with the hostel since I didn't have much info re time and cost and heard that the club was terrible - friends who went didn't enjoy it either so do your research in advance. Bed was absolutely terrible and I couldn't even sleep. There was a sketchy 70 year old man on another top bunk in my room that got out of bed noisily every hour and a guy with a loud breathing machine. Weird.

Great for a one night party hostel, staff is knowledgeable of the party scene. The beds are pretty bad and the hostel isn't comfortable for more than a weekend.

Hello Friend, We are glad you enjoyed our night events. We are happy that you decided to stay with us and we thank you for your feedback. We are aware that the mattresses need to be changed, therefore I am happy to inform you that we have bough all new foam mattresses and they should arrive by mid June. We hope to see you again soon!