SoBe Hostel & Bar Reviews

235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

This was perfect for a short stay, it's really well priced considering it's perfect location and the fact that they provide breakfast and dinner, however the bathrooms and linen leave a lot to be desired and really need a bit of an upgrade. There was mould on the shower curtains and on the ceiling of the bathroom and stains on the towels and sheets. If these things were updated I feel it would be a much nicer stay.

The hostel itself is good as environment, location and common area. It is grate to meet with other travelers and enjoy the conversation, but -which is a big but- the rooms are horrible. Apart from your bed there is nothing inside (and it is not a comfortable bed). Furthermore it is filled with weed smokers, and when they are high they can be a bit hostile. There is no security to prevent them to get aggressive

Its very noisy, ppl that want to party are more likely to find what they want. i didnt like the whole party atmosphere

FIrst time staying in a Hostel. Amazing and very social experience.

• 5th Dec 2015

Friend, Thank you for choosing Sobe-Hostel & Bar. We are humbled by the opportunity you allowed us to have by welcoming you to your first hostel accommodation. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your time with us. Please keep us in mind next time you're in the area. Kindly, Sobe-Hostel & Bar

fabulous location in South Beach, and great inexpensive nights out planned to local clubs! only downsides were the lock on the front door was broken most of the time. and there was no wifi outside the main area. but overall a great time & lovely people! ps. if you're gluten free or lactose free you might need to go to the shop around the corner for dinner/breakfast depending on the day

Hello Friend, Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am terribly sorry that we were not able to accommodate you with a gluten free meal. I will speak with upper management to see the possibilities of having an option available for your future stay. Thanks for being our guest! -Sobe-Hostel & Bar.

Fun atmosphere easy to make friends at the bar. I stayed on a very busy weekend and everyone was very friendly, I only stayed one night and made a few friends! That was important as I was travelling by myself - awesome and safe location. Would recommend for other young travelers like myself.

• 3rd Dec 2015

Dear Friend, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback regarding your stay with us. Please keep us in mind next time travels bring you back to Miami. Most Kindly, Sobe-Hostel & Bar.

Front desk guys are awesome! The food is good. Location is nice, definitely recommend it!

• 3rd Dec 2015

Hello Friend, Thank you for being such an amazing guest. We hope to welcome you back soon. - Sobe-Hostel & Bar

Great hostel, good breakfast and dinner and very helpful staff. Clean rooms and bathrooms

It was great they had free breakfast and dinner included. But it was quite bad that they only had styrofoam cups and plates, as well as plastic cutlery which are used only once and then thrown away. They even dont have a recycling bin for that. So they produce huge amounts of garbage every day which is quite a shame. As well I found it inapporpriate that they placed cigarettes on display at the reception. No cigarette promotion please! One of the computers didnt work and wasnt fixed.

Hello Friend, Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback. I will bring your comments to my superiors to look for ways to provide an eco friendly option for our guests at dinner time. Thanks for staying with us. - Sobe-Hostel & Bar

The free dinner was awful. The breakfast was ok. The staff were very helpful. The people in my room would come and leave at all hours and turn the light on and there didn't seem to be any notices in the hostel to not do this. I wouldn't stay here again

To be honest, for the price you cannot really complain, especially because they also serve breakfast and dinner for free, but there were some things that bothered me e.g. that the beds didn't have their own lights, so if not everyone wanted to sleep the ceiling light was on, which made it impossible to sleep. Also, if you slept on the upper bunk bed, there were no shelves or anything to put your stuff on. So when i set my alarm I had to climb down first to turn it off, which woke everyone up.

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Austria

The worst internet connection i've ever seen and the toilets aren't enough for the hostel. The toilets and the sinks are very very close to one another that makes it so hard to pass in between people.

The staff is very friendly. When I asked them advice they helped. The washrooms/bathrooms were clean but some people were not cleaning after showering or using the washrooms. Concerning the rooms not too much to say. There was 11 other women. The walls were not 100% clean. The locker I wanted to use was broken but one of the staff member offered to put my stuff in a locker next to the reception. I don't drink coffee, too bad there was no tea for breakfast. The orange juice is not good (it seems

• 17th Nov 2015

Really great staff, met a lot of nice people there. The nights out are a great way to meet people. Really enjoyed it

I stayed 2 nights (Mon-Wed) in November in a 12 mix dorm. The hostel is great, location is great (5 mins to South Beach, shops, buses; nightlife very close), staff super helpful, bar with happy hour is a big plus! Rooms are comfortable, however some of them seemed too crowded. There should be shelves in rooms (apart from the under-bed luggage drawers, for which you need your lock), and you really need to fix your bathrooms! And add stoves to kitchen for those who like to prepare their meals.

The Hostel was clean and the staff were very helpful on our arrival. They explained the area and about the nights out and what we could expect. The rooms were basic but clean, though they could be noisy in the morning with other doors constantly slamming shut at times. The location was quite good, and easy to find your way back to from town. The price was really good though, with it being one of the cheaper hostels we could find, but good value for what we paid.

Not a great hostel except for the great location only five minutes from the actual South Beach! I didn't like the tiny rooms, average wifi and party party atmosphere but a decent breakfast and dinner are included.

Stayed 1 night before a cruise. And 1 night when i got back. First time in a hostel. Wasnt bad. Loud. But wasnt bad. Great vibe. Great value. Great location. Def will stay again.

The shuttle bus is mix of a lot of hotel. The staff is friendly. But the phone they didn't answer when I called more than ten times. But they have free meals for morning and dinner that's pretty good.

This is a good hostel, especially if you're looking for party! And if you like to stay close to the beach. Otherwise it's really noisy and the a/c is very loud as well, so we didn't get much sleep. The breakfast was ok. The bathroom was clean but a little small. They offered a parking pass, very convenient for the area.