SoBe Hostel & Bar Reviews

235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

Awesome stay! Stayed at this hostel three times. Better phone etiquette with staff and having internet in the rooms would be my only suggestions.

Locks weren't provided-got my money stolen from me. Lobby is the only place with wifi and its not a big enough room-always crowded. No gluten free option for breakfast, and dinner was over crowded and no place to sit. Bathrooms were disgusting and way too small-mold growing bc no ventilation. And the whole hostel smelt and was stuffy and damp. Staff was nice but the front desk men could've been more hospitable.

• 12th Nov 2015

For lads is ok! I don't like there! Even the staff there were nice and friendly!

• 11th Nov 2015
  • China

I would recommend this hostel to anyone wanting to party in SoBe. Nights out every night, bar in the foyer with all the sports you could ever want! Ramon and Jerry have the parties down, they know exactly how to get everyone involved. All the Jose's are lovely, and the housekeeping team are brilliant. Everything is really clean and once the bathrooms are finished, they will all be stunning!

• 9th Nov 2015

This hostel is only for younger travellers wanting to party HARD. When I walked into it on a Saturday night, the lobby/bar was a discotheque with pulsating music. The premises are also not the cleanest, considering that they have a huge number of guests and not enough facilities. The bins are dirty and overflowing, and the communal toilets (and too few of them for the many many guests) are about as clean as public restrooms. The bunkbeds are VERY high and our room had the bar beneath. LOUD.

• 7th Nov 2015
  • India

receptionist and bar attendant female were very unhelpful, stuck up and cold. Felt very uncomfortable. Had to almost argue to ask for information. Receptionist looked like he was playing around with other guests and ignored totally other guests standing in front of him waiting for his help. Food was terrible, tasted like prison food, actually in prison I am guessing is better. If not offering quality food, do not offer "free dinner" or free breakfast on promotions to attract guests.

• 27th Oct 2015

Lovely clean modern rooms! Felt like a hotel! Staff were super helpful and friendly. Not much in the way of socialising as the hostel is under renovation but I'm sure there will be when renovations are done! The rooms were really big and bathrooms were lovely to use! Would recommend staying here!

• 24th Oct 2015

Great staff! Great and clean bedrooms! Free drinks and party every night!! I loved it!! well located! Esau to arrive form the airport!

This place desperately needs some infrastructure renovation. Smells of mildew and alcohol. However, I had a really good time during my stay. Great social experience overrides bad olfactory experience. Lol.

The SoBe Hostel was at a first look very pleasent, welcoming staff and nice lobby. However when we were directed to our rooms, at the first step inside de rooms area we could smell a disgusting odor. We then thought it would be only in the hallway. But then we entered the room and the smell was still there. The rooms were really messy since the lockers are mostly broken and cannot be used. We wanted to take a shower, so we went to the bathroom and it could not be more disgusting, pee and dirt al

the staff is awesome here. definitely a party atmosphere.

Very nice and comfortable place, very good price and location.

Hello Friend, We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed your time with us at the hostel. We really hope to see you again, and we wish you a great trip. SoBe Hostel & Bar Team

This hostel is in a great location but the dirty smelling toilets let the place down. The shower cubicles are very basic with no where to put your stuff and only a thin plastic sheet to offer any privacy. The toilets also smell badly! The kitchen seems ill equipped and not really up suitable for people to cook in. The staff are very friendly and the location is good. The bar is also a plus but does invade the chill out space.

Hello friend, We would like to thank you for staying with us and for giving us some helpful feedback. We would like to point out that we have changed ownership recently and we are working endlessly to fix all the problem we encounter. The bathrooms are our main priority and in the next week a brand new bathroom will be opening and next we will remodel the old ones. We know this is an issue and we are working as fast as we can to fix it. We are glad you enjoyed everything else we had to offer.

My phone was stolen from the room and the staff were quite unhelpful in resolving in and telling me the best steps to take! One of the cleaner ladies from Haiti was an absolute legend and was the one to help me out!

I had an average experience with SoBe hotel. The location is nice, close to the beach and everything is near. But the toilet is dirty; taking shower in the bathroom is my nightmare. Some stuffs are rude, when I wanted to take a shower in the morning but they were cleaning both toilet upstairs and downstairs yet she yelling at me to use the bathroom near the front desk. They have poor kitchen, it doesn't come with a stove. And someone has stolen my food! ;(

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • Malaysia

Hands down bes hostel I've stayed at so far , you get a lot for your money 😉👌🏼

• 28th Sep 2015
  • Puerto Rico

Dear guest, We are thrilled to hear that we have been the best hostel you have stayed in! We work really hard to provide all of our guest with many services and amenities while staying on a budget, we are glad to hear that it is being appreciated. We are always looking to get better and we have many exiting projects for the next 6 months! We hope you have the opportunity to check them out soon! Thank you!

This is definitely a party hostel so if you aren't prepared for a louder atmosphere then would advise go somewhere else! Such a good stay here the events are different every night and the free half hour drinks at the bar as part of the event is a real good deal! You will meet so many new people and the location is perfect - couple minutes away from south beach, bars, restaurants. Breakfast and dinner was good, although was gutted to find out international hostel got breakfast too! Loved it thank

Dear guest, We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us! We thank you for the opportunity to be your host and we hope you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed having you. We are always working on getting better and we hope you have the opportunity to come check-out our new service we have been working on for the next few months! Thank you and we wish you a safe trip!

The hotel in overall was pretty stinky. But I don't think it was the workers' fault. I got up early every morning and would see workers work hard to keep it clean. I was grateful for that. The bathroom would smell good right after they cleaned it in the morning. But then when I got back to the hotel at night, it was stinky! So my suggestion to the hotel is to put up signs or something to ENCOURAGE people to keep bathrooms clean. It may make the workers' job easier...and make it easier for our

Dear Guest, We thank you for staying at SoBe Hostel & Bar, and for providing us with some helpful feedback. We do our best to keep the hostel as clean as possible, and we will try to find ways to encourage guest to keep them clean as well. We are currently adding more bathrooms and remodeling the old ones to make them more efficient and comfortable for our guest. We are happy to hear that your stay with us was good and we wish you safe travels! Kindly, SoBe Hostel & Bar Team

Great hostel, all the people that work there are really helpful especially Sebastian. Best hostel employee I've ever seen!

Dear friend, There is nothing better than to hear that the hard work of our staff is being noticed and appreciated. We are happy to know that you enjoyed staying here as much as we enjoyed having you as a guest and we hope there is a next time soon. We wish you the best in the rest of your trip! Kindly, SoBe Hostel & Bar Team

Great Hostel, even better location. 5 minute walk max to south beach and all the bars. Free breakfast and dinner every day and the guys put on events every night so there's always something to do. Definitely worth visiting, and I will be again soon! Cheers!

Hello Friend, We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We thank you for allowing us to be part of your trip and we really hope to see you again soon. We have some exiting projects for the future and we think you would love them! We wish you safe travels and a wonderful day!