SoBo House Brighton Reviews

10 Seafield Road, Hove, Brighton, England

Staff were really helpful and polite.

• 14th Aug 2015

The room I booked was a private duly with ensuing and TV I turned up and paid only to walk into my room to find nothing but a bunk bed. The staff refused to help, and when I asked for a refund the handed me a piece of paper saying fill this in the manager will decide if you get your money back Evan tho I didn't stay at all. Still to this day I've had nothing back in my account. Overall I feel robbed and let down by false advertising and the location was down a shady back lane.

• 12th Aug 2015

It's nice that breakfast was included, but it was quite badly organised.

Good location and great price. Only big complaint is a fellow guests were big party people so the common room was noisy.good kitchen facilties and nice reception

• 6th Aug 2015
  • China

It is quite easy to go anywhere from this hostel. Very satisfied with all

• 6th Aug 2015

I stayed three nights here. It's a great place for budget traveller/backpacker. Bed is really nice and clean. Kitchen is so good. You can do laundry. The staff are super nice and lovely. I loved it

• 30th Jul 2015

Spot on for beach and amenties, super quick to get to the city centre. Staff was friendly and helpful with some matters.Clean place. Certainly not a rowdy hostel or too social but overall I enjoyed my stay -

• 27th Jul 2015

I stayed here for 4nights, in 4beds dorm. Everything was clean and bedding fresh . And Ensuite bathroom was adequate. Very well managed everyday, there was no inconvenience to use it. Late night door slamming was a minor irritation / had no idea there was a sunny garden area until 2nd day but glad i found it

• 16th Jul 2015

I only had to wait for a shower once & then only a few min. I would give it all 8/10. Lockers are small - some will hold a small bag, some only valuables. The luggage room for early arrivals doesn’t have lots of space either, I didn't have any issues.

• 15th Jul 2015

We were thrilled when they let us in at 4am when checkin wasnt til 1pm and were able to get some zzz's in the lounge area. Only downfall were the bathrooms, not that many and not particularly functional ... eg clothes getting wet. But honestly overall we were very happy there

A great value and nice staff. Most of the guests are respectful and cool, some not, like any hostel. Perfect location in hove. Good stay

The staff is very cool and make you feel like you belong to the place! The wi-fi network needs to improve so its in your room cause the system only work downstairs especially when you're travelling without big plans or booked things.

This hostel needs better showering facilities stat. It's needs fly screens on the windows so when there is a pair of the world stinkiest shoes in the room you can open the windows with flies coming in. This place needs a good clean. I wouldn't stay here again or recommend to a friend. I had to double tap a fatty just so I could stay at her place again to avoid staying here.

• 10th Jul 2015

The staff wasn't nice. The Kitchen is a mess, wifi isn't working properly, they ask you for money for keeping your suitcases, office was close when we left the Hostel (we couldn't make the check out), the bathroom was dirty, the shower had a lot of water at the bottom.

Poor quality all round.

• 28th Jun 2015

The hostel was fine. Clean and tidy in the room and around the place generally. Staff were very helpful when I needed to arrange a few things. Is quite a trek outside of central Brighton, but if you want a quiet beach at Hove end it is okay. Atmosphere was lacking on the night I stayed.

The service was bad. The location far from the centre. The toilets were not cleans...

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Staff a bit offhand, not especially clean or welcoming. Very expensive for rickety bunk beds

I should have stayed more than just one night. Stuff and backpackers are really fun, the hostel is easy to get to, and it's clean with a pretty laid back atmosphere.

spacious room, comfy beds, nice wet room (could do with a little more light for us ladies to put make up on!) and lovely staff. many thanks for a comfortable couple of nights. Peter & Anne