SoBo House Brighton Reviews

10 Seafield Road, Hove, Brighton, England

The internet was on the fritz the whole time, it was almost impossible even to send an email!

• 8th Apr 2014

It was nice but very very cold (no heating) and loudly, the walls like papers plus we were beside the main door!

Horrible. Truly do not stay here. We booked a 4bed dorm. The ensuite was size of a toilet. The toilet didn't flush. There was rubbish in bins from previous guests. The hand basin had toilet paper 'caked' in and around it. The beds average and the duvets were too thin for Feb. It rained, the windows didn't close, one fixed together by tape. All made worse by not sleeping as other guests partying till 6am in their room and no staff asking them to stop. Seriously do not stay here.

The first room was awful. It smelled really bad, probably because there was a guy inside who hasn't showered for a month probably. Luckily we were able to switch the room (the staff was really nice). But anyway, cleanliness was not their major advantage.

Very poor hostel that does not even get the basics right - bunks very creaky, mattresses average, shower water pressure poor, toilet had great trouble flushing and when informed staff didn't care, heater did not work so I was given a small portable heater to carry up to the third floor only to find it also did not work, laundry facilities don't include washing powder so you have to buy a whole tub, no locker. Moved to much better hostel in Brighton (top rated for similar price) after one night.

Clean, well priced and friendly staff. Location is a little out of the way but some may see this as a bonus. Its about a 30-40 minute walk into town. Optional breakfast and late check out are a good idea also. I'd stay here again.

• 18th Jan 2014

I've been to my fare share of hostels throughout my lifetime and this one is probably one of the worst. Sure, it's cheap, but I've paid the same price at other hostels that were a much better deal and value for my money. This place needs to be remodeled and refurbished badly, the atmosphere is a bit dull and ding The location is also a long walking distance from the Brighton town centre and pier. There was also some questionable people that were there. I certainly would not return.

Really good! Liked the food and free computers especially - would have liked if it were a little quieter though! Noisy groups when I arrived..

• 23rd Dec 2013

Well located, short walk from town center and attractions. Only complaint really was heating wasn't on when I was there and I was cold!

• 16th Dec 2013
  • Trinidad And Tobago

I had stayed for just a day last year for my holiday. Well location itself is not so bad, just took 10 minutes to get to the Centre. Staff was nice, atmosphere was also quite good, but the thing which have been making me still disgusting is toilet which had not been washed by staff. Lounge is clean, I found environment staff was mopping the floor which was good. I cannot explain anymore on how I felt from the toilet I saw....

We were unable to stay here because my friend fell ill on the day so we had to take her to A and E in London. The manager still charged us the full amount for our stay despite the fact that we called to cancel and it was entirely not out fault. Not impressed!

It's a short walk to the city center so a good base for exploring! No curfew as I have experienced in some other hostels too which is nice. Wifi didn't reach up to my room though :( So go for a room on the 1st floor...

• 4th Dec 2013

Visited in November for a night. The room was clean and a good size, also there is a kitchen you can use to make you're own food which was nice. Was a bit skeptical about sleeping in a shared room as haven't done it before but it was great! Would recommend!

Place was located right on sea front - great for exploring Brighton! The staff were great and room was very clean, can't fault it.

• 20th Nov 2013

Nice hostel - not right in the town center but buses are frequent. Breakfast could have been a bit earlier, but rooms were clean and people friendly.

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Sweden

Great staff, very friendly and helpful. Liked the burgers for dinner as well! Thanks.

Good location, warm rooms and friendly staff! Ping pong was great :)

Comfortable, friendly staff. Beds were average but was expected with the price we paid. Was good for a night but was quite a quiet atmosphere

Well run and managed. Great crowd of people and many things to do in and around the area... Room was clean and comfortable would recommend a 4-bed to anyone wanting a good priced room. The hostel boasts facilities no neighbouring hostels offer. food bar is great and cheap.