SoBo House Brighton Reviews

10 Seafield Road, Hove, Brighton, England

It was like being back in school staying here. Kitchen equipment only on at certain times. If you want to make breakfast at 10am you're going to have to beg them to turn it on. Ironing board broken so had to iron a shirt on the table. The entrance and communal areas are very dark and uninviting. The plus point is the staff here, they were all very kind and helpful.

Myself and the girls really enjoyed the stay at Sobo. The staff looked after us, even though we were rather noisy and loud, it was my hen weekend after all. the room was big enough for all of us to sleep in, the bathroom was a bit small for 16 girls however! top notch stay, would recommend

I have stayed in over 50 hostels and this has to be one of the worst. Friendly staff but the atmosphere was awful. Dreary, dark, depressing. The lockers provided had broken latches, computers poorly set up (only one with a word processor installed would not connect to internet?) mattresses so old you could feel springs coming through, and worst were the questionable characters they had staying long term. Also is a long walk to town.Brighton is a lovely city, don't ruin it by choosing this dump.

Really good location, 5 minute walk from the beach but a bit of a hike to the city centre which isn't a problem when the weather was as good as it was during my stay! It felt a little bit dirty and the beds were terribly uncomfortable, my mattress was split in half and the bunk beds were unbelievably squeaky. A girl stood on my phone and smashed it so be careful where you place your appliances, the plugs are down low!! Staff are really friendly though!

VERY GOOD.

Terrible place. Would never stay here again, unless being forced. Getting a proper shower was a hazzle, since one shower was broken and the other was pouring ice cold water. The place was really dirty and it seemed obvious that the owner just wanted to make as much money as possible without putting any effort (money) into keeping his/her hostel clean and comfortable.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

The kitchen was very dirty and had a limited number of cutlery, in fact there were no forks. I ate with a spoon for 3 days! Counter tops and tables were sticky and I did not feel comfortable to eat there. There were no problems with my dorm, that was fine.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

The room was clean but plumbing needs to be sorted out in the bathrooms. Our toilet didn't flush at all in our ensure room so we had to use communal toilets. Bit annoying as we had lashed out to get a private room after months in dorms. We were a bit annoyed when we arrived at 4:30pm and were still unable to check into our room when check in time was 3. Otherwise not a bad hostel.

The worst hostel that I have stayed in BY FAR! Crowded rooms, I could feel every spring in the mattress, so many drunk people always, and because one person didn't wash their dishes, the oven was turned off for everybody for more than a day!! The bathrooms were absolutely disgusting constantly, and they had the worst food organization system, leaving the fridges to smell so rank with yellow slime in every one because of rotting food. Overall I will never go back, and tell everyone else not to.

Location is a bit far from Brighton Pier (40 min walk) , but it is easy to get a bus there. Staff are helpful but don't know much about what to do and were to go in Brighton. Love the all night food!

It was good value and a good central location. Great for just passing through on a one or two night stay. Cleanliness was generally good and staff were friendly. Would probably stay here again. Thank you.

I arrived in the reception area to be greeted by a smell of sick. The room was little better with a large patch of damp on the wall. The television didnt work properly nor did the shower. There was no bath mat in the bathroom therefore when you exited the shower the floor became a wash of water. The bed was uncomfortable and had springs digging in my back all night.

• 9th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Big clean kitchen with lots of storage place and cooking utensils. I didn't like the fact that they use security codes on the doors instead of keycards. If someone loses their slip of paper with the code AND door number on it, pretty much everyone can enter your room. The wifi was barely working (yes, even with the new password) Great location right between shops and the seaside and about 15 minutes walking distance from the train staion. Nice outside sitting area.

I was just shocked when I arrived at the hostel... dirty and smelly and everything you touch is sticky. The toilet flush just worked randomly, bathroom was dirty and smelly like the rest of the hostel. Kitchen doesn't deserve it's name, muddy hole would suit better...just disgusting! Labeled food gets stolen... all in all disappointing and too expensive for what it is. Simply bold DON'T GO THERE!!!

• 10th Apr 2014

It was good

The internet was on the fritz the whole time, it was almost impossible even to send an email!

• 8th Apr 2014

It was nice but very very cold (no heating) and loudly, the walls like papers plus we were beside the main door!