SoBo House Brighton Reviews

10 Seafield Road, Hove, Brighton, England

Beds creak and groan, causing sleep deprivation, no lift, and its 4 floors high. We were asked what time we wanted breakfast, said 8 and this was agreed, when we arrived at this time we were told that breakfast was not served until 9.30:(. After some discussion we were eventually served.

We booked the 'Deluxe apartment' for 1 night at this hostel, breakfast included. At first it looked like a nice room, untill we went for bed. The sofabed is a nightmare and the matress is uneven. Also the bed upstairs didn't really sleep well. It was like laying in a pit because the sides stood straight. The shower get's really cold all of a sudden or extremely (and dangerously)hot. Breakfast includes the cheapest bread and scones there are with some milk with ice cubes in it and orangejuice.

rooms are very run down and there are no lockers. kitchen was very dirty no proper lighting either

Bit OTT with the lengthy security code to get into the room. Maybe a card would be better? The reception and lounge was dark and grim. Didn't feel very welcoming. Didn't like the idea of triple bunks. Don't I don't get me wrong, I don't expect much for £15 a night but I've stayed in nicer for the same price or less, all over the world.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Wales

was staying only for one night. Booked 4 female room but in the same price get double room with sink. It was a big gift :) Staff very kind and helpful however they didn't have working printer. Generally place clean and no mosquitoes. For that price what I paid get brilliant value.

Great place will be back, the staff should break the ice with other guest instead of hanging in there own little group make sure and get every body involved

The beds are very noisy.

Yes I have received this and I cancelledmy stay!! It must be automatic.

Really nice, clean hostel in a good location. However, if you pay by card there is an additional charge, you pay for towel hire & there are no lockers.

Amazing place and very helpful staff

• 14th Sep 2014

2nd time here, and will return for my next annual trip to brighton. Nice and warm and cosy. close top beach and lovely staff who remembered my nam,e!

ENJOYABLE PLACE, LOTS OF CHARACTER. SAFE. SMALL KITCHEN UPSTAIRS.bUT BIG ONE DOWNSTAIRS WITH ALL UTENSILS YOU COULD IMAGINE. NOT TOO MUCH CUPBOARD SPACE ETC. SINGLE ROOM VERY CLEAN AND ROOMY. I WOULD COME BACK

Couldn't have been more disgusted. The place was disgracefully dirty. We didn't stay and have asked for a full refund. Still waiting on the rude manager to call back as he said we could after arguing with us on continuously through out the following two days.

• 6th Sep 2014

2nd stay here, and as good as it was last time. no complaints, except that maybe staff could be a bit more helpful.. VERY bags.. no lift

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

The staff and the services we're top notch.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • South Africa

Rating speak for itself

• 10th Aug 2014

Very nice and impressing building, good breakfast, perfect location! The kitchen was a bit small and untidy. Internet connection via WLAN was difficult . But all in all would very much recommend this hostel!

It was like being back in school staying here. Kitchen equipment only on at certain times. If you want to make breakfast at 10am you're going to have to beg them to turn it on. Ironing board broken so had to iron a shirt on the table. The entrance and communal areas are very dark and uninviting. The plus point is the staff here, they were all very kind and helpful.

Myself and the girls really enjoyed the stay at Sobo. The staff looked after us, even though we were rather noisy and loud, it was my hen weekend after all. the room was big enough for all of us to sleep in, the bathroom was a bit small for 16 girls however! top notch stay, would recommend

I have stayed in over 50 hostels and this has to be one of the worst. Friendly staff but the atmosphere was awful. Dreary, dark, depressing. The lockers provided had broken latches, computers poorly set up (only one with a word processor installed would not connect to internet?) mattresses so old you could feel springs coming through, and worst were the questionable characters they had staying long term. Also is a long walk to town.Brighton is a lovely city, don't ruin it by choosing this dump.