SoBo House Brighton Reviews

10 Seafield Road, Hove, Brighton, England

Generally good. The receptionist Ramona ( I think?) was very pleasant.

• 6th Feb 2016

Not a place for backpackers. They didn't even let me stay in the hostel and use the internet OR leave my luggage after check out which was at 10 am. Very money-centric attitude all around.

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Cyprus

The girls who work reception and the Young girls who clean were extremely welcoming. But there are pernament residents that are knocking the hostel down. Food and belongings constantly go missing. I'd love to give Sobo 10/10. But there is immaturity and it goes out of the window.

It's an excellent place to stay the staff are very welcoming security is as good as some banks cleanliness is the best I've seen even in hotel of 5 star the place is constantly being cleaned after my first week I would be amazed if anyone gave a bad review this has the same standards as Hatters Hostel in Liverpool. For value for money and everything else, backpackers or anyone should go to Hove Sobo rather than anywhere else. Forget cheap you get what you pay for and more here at Sobo.

The communal areas weren't too bad, but the dorms were absolutely horrid. There was two three story bunk beds and a normal bunk bed squished into a tiny room. There was barely any room to walk between the bunks and there was no room to open our suitcases! Definitely would not recommend to anyone. Just don't do it.

I nearly cancelled my booking because of the bad reviews. And I am positively surprised! True: The house needs some touch-ups and the floorboards are squeaky and it could be better soundproofed. Which is something I knew before; so I brought earplugs. Problem solved. As for cleanliness: I didn´t check with a white glove, but my room was ok. The sheets were fresh an the windows were see-through. The bathrooms were cleaned 1-2 times a day - and I won´t blame the staff for irreverent guests.

This is not a hostel but a homeless shelter. There are people living here permenently and frequent visits by the police. My bunkbed was so dusty I had multiple coughing fits and the mattress had no padding. I slept on wires.

First time in hostel. Was ok. Extremely basic. Booked a room for just 2 of us but then got email back saying it was gone. They then supplied us with a 6 bed dorm. For only £10 cheaper

• 19th Sep 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

I usually don't like leaving a bad review but I've been very disappointed in that hostel, sorry. We paid £28 for a 16 people dorms (the cheapest when I booked), when our friends, who booked after us, paid £24 for a 4 people dorm and the sign on the front mentioned room from £9. This is a way too big fluctuation of price. This doesn't worth £28 at all - far from the center, staff non-existent, rooms are a mess, no atmosphere, breakfast not good, bed are terrible, I wouldn't recommend it at all

It had lots of common room and kitchen space, since there was no bar everyone hung out in the common rooms (there were 2) which was very friendly. Lots of food storage space too. Unfortunately the kitchen hobs were only allowed to be used a few hours a day. Wifi only worked in the common rooms. I could feel the metal coils in the bed, so that was uncomfortable. Ensures in the rooms which were pretty well sound insulated. The hostel was cleaned regularly.

Friendly staff, bunks are a little small for anyone over 6 foot but not a big deal. The kitchen was a bit smelly and dirty, but over-all fine for a place to put your bags down sleep for the evening. Basic bedding was supplied. Note: You can park a vehicle on Church Road for free from 6pm-9am. You should't have to park too far from the hostel.

hostel was really dirty. wifi wasn't working in my room. Also beds were really making noisy sounds when you move

Filthy and staff were rude

• 23rd Aug 2015

Do not stay here...we book a private room for two nights the Friday night was cheaper then the Saturday but the website made the rooms look fresh and funky and worth the money. Oh how I was wrong, arrived late Friday to dirty room ,broken bed, unsafe and unhelpful staff...£175 for 1 night total joke..I tried to get a refund for the sat night as refused to stay another night I was told to fill in a refund request form n I would here in 14 days, no response to my 2 emails, just ignoring me!!!!!

• 15th Aug 2015

Staff were really helpful and polite.

• 14th Aug 2015

The room I booked was a private duly with ensuing and TV I turned up and paid only to walk into my room to find nothing but a bunk bed. The staff refused to help, and when I asked for a refund the handed me a piece of paper saying fill this in the manager will decide if you get your money back Evan tho I didn't stay at all. Still to this day I've had nothing back in my account. Overall I feel robbed and let down by false advertising and the location was down a shady back lane.

• 12th Aug 2015