SoBo House Brighton Reviews

10 Seafield Road, Hove, Brighton, England

Bit OTT with the lengthy security code to get into the room. Maybe a card would be better? The reception and lounge was dark and grim. Didn't feel very welcoming. Didn't like the idea of triple bunks. Don't I don't get me wrong, I don't expect much for £15 a night but I've stayed in nicer for the same price or less, all over the world.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Wales

The beds are very noisy.

Yes I have received this and I cancelledmy stay!! It must be automatic.

Amazing place and very helpful staff

• 14th Sep 2014

2nd time here, and will return for my next annual trip to brighton. Nice and warm and cosy. close top beach and lovely staff who remembered my nam,e!

ENJOYABLE PLACE, LOTS OF CHARACTER. SAFE. SMALL KITCHEN UPSTAIRS.bUT BIG ONE DOWNSTAIRS WITH ALL UTENSILS YOU COULD IMAGINE. NOT TOO MUCH CUPBOARD SPACE ETC. SINGLE ROOM VERY CLEAN AND ROOMY. I WOULD COME BACK

Couldn't have been more disgusted. The place was disgracefully dirty. We didn't stay and have asked for a full refund. Still waiting on the rude manager to call back as he said we could after arguing with us on continuously through out the following two days.

• 6th Sep 2014

2nd stay here, and as good as it was last time. no complaints, except that maybe staff could be a bit more helpful.. VERY bags.. no lift

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

The staff and the services we're top notch.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • South Africa

Rating speak for itself

• 10th Aug 2014

Very nice and impressing building, good breakfast, perfect location! The kitchen was a bit small and untidy. Internet connection via WLAN was difficult . But all in all would very much recommend this hostel!

It was like being back in school staying here. Kitchen equipment only on at certain times. If you want to make breakfast at 10am you're going to have to beg them to turn it on. Ironing board broken so had to iron a shirt on the table. The entrance and communal areas are very dark and uninviting. The plus point is the staff here, they were all very kind and helpful.

Myself and the girls really enjoyed the stay at Sobo. The staff looked after us, even though we were rather noisy and loud, it was my hen weekend after all. the room was big enough for all of us to sleep in, the bathroom was a bit small for 16 girls however! top notch stay, would recommend

I have stayed in over 50 hostels and this has to be one of the worst. Friendly staff but the atmosphere was awful. Dreary, dark, depressing. The lockers provided had broken latches, computers poorly set up (only one with a word processor installed would not connect to internet?) mattresses so old you could feel springs coming through, and worst were the questionable characters they had staying long term. Also is a long walk to town.Brighton is a lovely city, don't ruin it by choosing this dump.

Really good location, 5 minute walk from the beach but a bit of a hike to the city centre which isn't a problem when the weather was as good as it was during my stay! It felt a little bit dirty and the beds were terribly uncomfortable, my mattress was split in half and the bunk beds were unbelievably squeaky. A girl stood on my phone and smashed it so be careful where you place your appliances, the plugs are down low!! Staff are really friendly though!

VERY GOOD.

Terrible place. Would never stay here again, unless being forced. Getting a proper shower was a hazzle, since one shower was broken and the other was pouring ice cold water. The place was really dirty and it seemed obvious that the owner just wanted to make as much money as possible without putting any effort (money) into keeping his/her hostel clean and comfortable.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

The kitchen was very dirty and had a limited number of cutlery, in fact there were no forks. I ate with a spoon for 3 days! Counter tops and tables were sticky and I did not feel comfortable to eat there. There were no problems with my dorm, that was fine.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

The room was clean but plumbing needs to be sorted out in the bathrooms. Our toilet didn't flush at all in our ensure room so we had to use communal toilets. Bit annoying as we had lashed out to get a private room after months in dorms. We were a bit annoyed when we arrived at 4:30pm and were still unable to check into our room when check in time was 3. Otherwise not a bad hostel.

The worst hostel that I have stayed in BY FAR! Crowded rooms, I could feel every spring in the mattress, so many drunk people always, and because one person didn't wash their dishes, the oven was turned off for everybody for more than a day!! The bathrooms were absolutely disgusting constantly, and they had the worst food organization system, leaving the fridges to smell so rank with yellow slime in every one because of rotting food. Overall I will never go back, and tell everyone else not to.