SoBo House Brighton Reviews

10 Seafield Road, Hove, Brighton, England

Really good location, 5 minute walk from the beach but a bit of a hike to the city centre which isn't a problem when the weather was as good as it was during my stay! It felt a little bit dirty and the beds were terribly uncomfortable, my mattress was split in half and the bunk beds were unbelievably squeaky. A girl stood on my phone and smashed it so be careful where you place your appliances, the plugs are down low!! Staff are really friendly though!

VERY GOOD.

Terrible place. Would never stay here again, unless being forced. Getting a proper shower was a hazzle, since one shower was broken and the other was pouring ice cold water. The place was really dirty and it seemed obvious that the owner just wanted to make as much money as possible without putting any effort (money) into keeping his/her hostel clean and comfortable.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

The kitchen was very dirty and had a limited number of cutlery, in fact there were no forks. I ate with a spoon for 3 days! Counter tops and tables were sticky and I did not feel comfortable to eat there. There were no problems with my dorm, that was fine.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

The room was clean but plumbing needs to be sorted out in the bathrooms. Our toilet didn't flush at all in our ensure room so we had to use communal toilets. Bit annoying as we had lashed out to get a private room after months in dorms. We were a bit annoyed when we arrived at 4:30pm and were still unable to check into our room when check in time was 3. Otherwise not a bad hostel.

The worst hostel that I have stayed in BY FAR! Crowded rooms, I could feel every spring in the mattress, so many drunk people always, and because one person didn't wash their dishes, the oven was turned off for everybody for more than a day!! The bathrooms were absolutely disgusting constantly, and they had the worst food organization system, leaving the fridges to smell so rank with yellow slime in every one because of rotting food. Overall I will never go back, and tell everyone else not to.

stank. too expensive. unfriendly staff.

Location is a bit far from Brighton Pier (40 min walk) , but it is easy to get a bus there. Staff are helpful but don't know much about what to do and were to go in Brighton. Love the all night food!

1 2 Next » last »