SoHostel

Fabulous 1118 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 1118 Total Reviews

20th Jun 2017

Great hostel, great attention to detail on what guests want and need. It's a big place but they have a common space and bar, the breakfast options are a great deal, the location is incredible. My only criticism was that there were no fans in the rooms and the windows don't open, but I don't know how often that'll be a problem outside of heat wave London!

19th Jun 2017

Helpful staff. Best location. Better if the windows actually opened more than a crack. Breakfast included. Better if more female only dorms.

• USA, Female, 18-24
18th Jun 2017

Overall it was perfect for a weekend away, and the staff were very helpful, but I would highly recommend investing in AC or fans in every room; it was pretty unbearable in the heat and all of us had a hard time sleeping. Also, if you're on the first floor it felt dangerous having the window open bc anyone could come up to the window.

17th Jun 2017
6.6

Small room with a very unsteady bed. Additionally there was no ac so the room was very very hot. Lack of power outlets as well.

11th Jun 2017

Great Great location, and really low price. I would say, this is one of the most valuable places for pack packer to stay for lower price and great access to everything to London. Just the bed is a bit small. And DO NOT use the washing machine. I used it and all my clothes are coloured and I have to throw them away.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
10th Jun 2017

Great place to stay. Easy to meet people, great location, amazing staff. This was my first time ever staying in a hostel and it was the best experience. When I go back to London I will defiantly be staying here again.

10th Jun 2017

Perfect location with walking distance to all the popular locations. (Buckingham Palace, St. James Park, London Eye, Big Ben, etc. all 30-40 minutes walk.) Soho is the poppin' area for nightlife, though they are a bit more expensive. Security is pretty good, not as tight as other hostels I've been to. The staff and atmosphere are both great. Easy to meet new people down in the Hostel Bar, or the Rooftop Bar when it is open. To me that is where the value of a hostel is; meeting new people.

• USA, Male, 31-40
8th Jun 2017

Amazing location, very good for the money. The rooms were clean and the staff were friendly. I stayed in a 6 person dorm ... I imagine travelling in a larger group could be difficult because there seemed to be only one shower per bathroom and I didn't see so many bathrooms. The lobby`/bar area was full each night and people were really friendly. But seriously, you cannot beat the location! I didn't even need to take the tube -- I walked everywhere I wanted to be.

• USA, Male, 18-24
6th Jun 2017
6.0

Not impressed. Staff was very inflexible and not willing to work with you in my experience. The atmosphere was not for me as well. Breakfast was cereal. Too loud and noisy all the time. Very young crowd (which I am too) but still not in the party groups. Location was great but I think you could find a better atmosphere (unless you want to stay up all night and be surrounded by drunk/high people).

• Finland, Male, 31-40
6th Jun 2017

Made a last minute booking for one night at sohostel. I arrived very late and the reception staff were very friendly and helpful - even pointed me in the right direction for a late night hot snack :-) Room was clean and my fellow occupants were asleep (and thankfully didn't snore!) breakfast was Everything I could have asked for especially for the price. There was a free walking tour of London shortly after breakfast which I joined for part of the tour before heading on my way. Thanks :-)