SoHostel

8.8
Fabulous 816 Total Reviews

18th Feb 2017
7.7

The doors & cages in our room were very loud so it's impossible to try to be quiet when people are sleeping. Also every time someone is in the hallway our bathroom light will turn on because it's motion sensored. What upset me the most was that there is no community kitchen so my friend & I could not store our leftover food nor heat it up. Other than that the staff is very nice and the place is clean & modern. The location in SoHo is cool.

• USA, Couple, 25-30
18th Feb 2017

Our stay was great. Unfortunately the games provided were missing pieces which we assumed they just got tired of trying to sort it with the number of guests coming in & out. The facility was as clean as it could be. They made sure I had a new pillow as I did not have one upon arrival. The area was nice & relaxed. Staff were quick and friendly. We plan on staying again during our next visit. I unfortunately locked myself out of the room...alcohol

16th Feb 2017

Some aspects of Sohostel are extraordinary. The kitchen is exceptional; the full breakfast for the extra £1is the single best meal I've ever eaten in a hostel. The lounge, as well, is spacious and inviting. The location is also wonderful. You are, indeed, in the heart of Soho. The only negatives are the common complaints: the bunk beds are basic and lightweight, and the dorms are smallish, and suffer from a lack of power outlets. The lockers are lobster cages. Very much worth the price.

• England, Female, 41+
15th Feb 2017

Situated on the edge of Soho, a 3 minute walk from Oxford Street and a 7 minute walk from Tottenham Court Road tube station, this hostel's location couldn't be better! It's a bit of a maze inside, but the areas are colour-coded (great idea!) and clearly signposted, so it doesn't take long to find your way around. It's clean, the staff are super helpful and friendly, and the breakfast is adequate. My only complaint is noisy guests until 3 am!

13th Feb 2017

Fantastic location and cleanliness - you pay a premium for this. However as a solo traveller I was in a room with a large group, including those from another room which made it difficult to sleep.

• Wales, Female, 18-24
5th Feb 2017

Perfect location, right off oxford street, up the road from Chinatown, lots of bars and restaurants on the same street. Price was great and didn't realise it also included continental breakfast, could get a full English for an extra £1. Very clean, had my bed changed even though I was there for 2 nights. Toilets and showers were clean. Only complaint was the chair in my room was broke. Another perk was the pampor area where there were hairdryers, straighteners and dressing tables with lights!

• England, Couple, 41+
4th Feb 2017

First stay in a hostel, great location for London, great staff no complaints.

• Thailand, Couple, 25-30
3rd Feb 2017

I stayed at the hostel for 2 nights. I live in private double with en-suite bathroom which is brilliant. Overall experience at the hostel was awesome. Unfortunately, my room was on the same side as hostel front and there were unfortunate noise all night long. I couldn't sleep well. There were drunk guests talking and yelling loudly at each other at the front entrance all night long, so annoying. That woke me up at 3 am in the morning. Also, garbage truck came to pick up garbage at 3-4 AM!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
2nd Feb 2017

Great location, extremely close to pubs and the Tottenham Court Road tube station. The lockers were a bit squishy (you can't open yours at the same time as the person across from you in an 8 bed room), but I would definitely stay here again :)

• South Korea, Female, 25-30
2nd Feb 2017

I stayed in 18 mixed dorm room. First of all, the location is super and the staffs are really friendly all the time. Warm shower was so good for the end of the day. Of course there are some cleaning problems, because so many people used the toilets and the shower booths. However I could see the staffs are trying to their best to keep them clean. I think it's a nice place for the people who wants to stay in the center of London.