Socket Hostel Reviews

4F, No 29, Lane 13, Guangfu South Rd, Taipei, Taiwan

Such a good hostel! The manager is super nice and will help you with almost anything. His knowledge about Taipei will help you quite a lot in terms of maximizing your trip.

There would be NO one offering you some home cook hot soup when you check in at late frozen rainning night, but Socket did. That was so warming and touching. I'll be back again for sure!

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Spain

it was a great stay and host Danny was very helpful to recommend you to those attractions you would like to go. Huge and clear bathroom! Love it so much!

It is a place which makes feel warming , security, free like home! Danny take care of everyone like his own family as well.

• 11th Feb 2014
  • China

I will start with the lone negative...hard to find... The hostel manager (Danny) is amazing. He is very helpful and has all the necessary resources available to you. He doesn't mind doing research too to help accommodate you. He does speak pretty good English so that helped since I cannot speak mandarin. The hostel is on the fourth floor. I stayed in the dorm. Beds and pillows were nice and comfy. The blanket was pretty heavy so it made it really warm. Almost too warm. Definitely recommend.

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • Japan

There's is NO other word to describe it except "EXCELLENT"! You can crush in Taiwan without doing any homework since Danny had done everything for you already. This place makes you feel as safe as home.

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Japan

It just as good as everyone said! Good location, easy to get eat, 20 minutes walk to 101, supper big bathroom even better the 5 stars hotel,...... This is the best one that I ever been. Just keep it on Danny, you did a fabulous job.

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Morocco

It has been one of the best hostel that I have visited. Danny, the manager, did his best to make us feel as home. He gave a warm welcome by giving us an insightful introduction about the area with detailed discription. The location of hostel is excellent. It only just ten minutes walking from Taipei 101. Additionally, there are numerous stores, shops, food booths, and public transportation close by. The hostel is cleaned meticuosly everyday. The mattress, pillow, and blanket are very comfy.

• 11th Jan 2014

This was an excellent hostel to stay at for my first visit to Taipei. Danny was very helpful in suggesting things that I should do while I was there. I had no trouble following the provided directions to get to the hostel. The location was good and I enjoyed being able to walk to places such as Taipei 101.

The mattress thick enough, it is very comfortable, like sleep on hotel's bed. The common area is close too early, we didn't really had the chance to use the facility. Location is hard to find since there is no sign of the hostel. The owner is really friendly like other comment said, he gave us all the information we need.

Great, very clean and modern, nice bathrooms, and Danny, the owner, was really helpful with planning our trip in Taipei (we probably needed a notebook to remember all the suggestions).

Danny, the host, makes this hostel as he is very helpful and friendly, can sort out anything you need and makes the place feel nicely homely. The hostel feels quite new and is very clean with comfy beds and adequate bathrooms, this is all it really has with just a small communal area but I found it great for a short stay when I was out all day and just needed a nice place to come home to.

• 16th Dec 2013

It's in a apartment in a residential block, just like living in someone's home. The building itself is not designed for hostel. Noise proof is poor: if someone is talking in common area, people in the rooms will be disturbed. No breakfast provided and there are some rules, like no alcohol and tobacco, and drinking water for indoor use only. However, Danny the boss is very very helpful to provide useful information as well as plan the tour, and his recommendation is really really local!

We are very sorry that we did not served the people well who has been drunk and chatter. and this is the reason why alcohol and smoking are prohibited in the house since the benefit of majority is always priority in Socket. We will keep you posted and look forward to serve you again after we got an isolated department for alcohol and smoking. Thank you for visited us again!