Socket Hostel Reviews

2-1, Lane 36, Sec 4, Bade Rd, Taipei, Taiwan

Basic hostel, no common area but it served the purpose for a few nights

• 5th Oct 2014

We are sorry that the common area is not as bog as what you expect. Our next new hostel is about to open at the end of this month which located right in Raoho night market, and we hope it offer you more options. Thank you again

Good good good danny is best manager in taipei. He is so kind. Everything was good in socket but socket has only two restrooms. So we washed midnight. But socket facility is perfect.

Sorry for all inconvenients that we cause! Actually there are 3 big bathroom s for all visitor.

Nice place, Nice host, Nice people from other countries. I do have a nice staying here. Don't miss it if you are in Taipei.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Austria

If you looking for a Hotel with Hostel price, THIS IS IT! Don't be hesitate to pick it up though there's not too many picture on the website. I'll be back.

• 28th Sep 2014

We enjoyed meeting the proprietor - he was helpful and informative. Sockett Hostel was beautiful and very nice to stay in. Our only complaint is about the odd rules. Guests are not allowed to cook in the kitchen, and guests are not allowed to bring food, beverages (alcoholic or not) into the hostel. This was inconvenient. In addition, for each piece of linen (towel, pillow-case, or sheet) that is stained, the guest is charged 1500nt! This didn't apply to us, but we were certainly careful.

It is the BEST than ever! perfect spot in the city allows you to reach shopping area, restaurant, 101 building, bus to Julfen, train station. and Danny (the host) help me figure out everything as well. Lovely!!! don't miss it if you are going to Taipei. 他真的是太棒了!

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Argentina

Socket Hostel is actually okay but was unfortuantely let down by its Manager, Danny. The water stopped working for the last night of our stay. We were unable to shower or go to the bathroom for an entire night. You would imagine this would constitute a free night's stay as running showers and toilets is a basic need. Instead, he strong armed us by saying that there was girl's make up on the towels and that he was going to charge us $1500 TWD for it. Absurd.

We r DEEPLY APOLOGIES about the water pipe of building was broken on Sunday night! Just like the cheap flight, u have to pay for what u need extra. Our policy was posted everywhere in the house, we believe that there is no reason to NOT to c it as well as oral remind. Don't let ur friends to take ur responsibility, they do deserve to get free stay but you just ruin it. Sorry again!!

Great place to stay !!!

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

This hostel is really clean, comfortable, and modern. It is also kept nice and cool, which is a plus in Taipei. The owner/host is very hospitable and will give you any help you need. I will definitely visit this hostel again when I return to Taipei, and I have been recommending it to my friends too. Thanks Danny!

• 19th Aug 2014

Amazing host! Great hostel! I only put "good" in security, because you leave your shoes by the entrance, which MAY be a little iffy...

The hostel was a little hard to find at first but it was not far from the MRT, so the location was great. There are also convenient bus routes and sightseeing around the hostel. Danny was a great host and very helpful in recommending things to do, places to go and where to eat. He was also helpful in arranging ways for people in the hostel to hang out together, which was great for a solo traveler like me. Other than the small bugs I would see every now and then, it was a great stay.

Really nice place. Danny is very helpful ...and so is Bob, his most frequent customer. Good location, near to lots of clubs and pubs. You need to specify your ETA as there is not always someome around to let you in.

Danny was amazing. He made this stay totally worth it - kind, welcoming, genuine. He sat me down and gave me things to do in Taiwan and for my trip later in China. The hostel is spotlessly clean and welcoming. Beds are comfortable. About a 10minute walk to the metro. Would absolutely stay at Socket again.

It's just not bad but not good. I cannot complain the socket hostel, but cannot give complements.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

I'll join everyone else in saying Danny is a great host. Location is good, 15 minute walk from Sun-Yat Sen Memorial hall (MRT station as well), the hostel was a bit tricky to find initially, but don't let that put you off staying, you get used to it quickly. It's got great security, and the bathrooms have good privacy, the rooms are nice and clean too.

One of the best hostels i have ever been bevore. And i traveled a lot.

• 24th Jul 2014

it has air conditioning

• 22nd Jul 2014

Just great!

socket在一個小巷裡,但是不難找,捷運和bus都可以到,老闆人超級nice,給我們規劃路線,介紹好吃的給我們,房間也很乾淨,有家的感覺,以後來台北還會找你家!

• 15th Jul 2014