Socorro (Lady) Hostel Reviews

No.8, Lane85, Section 1, Fuqian Road, Tainan, Taiwan

The stay in Socorro is memorable! It was an amazing stay!!! You can't get enough of it and you will have a hard time leaving it and saying goodbye to the lovely Pei and Mei. It was excellent in all aspects!!!

Staffes was very kind and friendly. I enjoyed staying this hostel. I want to stay next time.Thank you!

Two of us stayed at Socorro Hostel for one night. The owner Pei and her colleague were extremely friendly and welcoming and tried to help us out with whatever we needed (tips for sightseeing, travel, and they have a very useful map with their own recommendations of sights and foods/restaurants to try). The hostel is very small (only 4 beds) so the atmosphere is very homely and personal. They provide you with everything you need for a short term stay. Would definitely recommend a stay there!

We had a small trouble with booking in terms of the Hostelworld.com website but the owner was very kind and helpful. The hostel is located in a quiet and pleasant ally and I liked the local atmosphere. The room and bathroom are very clean, neat and artistic. We recommend to stay there when you visit Tainan. It's an awesome city different from Taipei.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Japan

Absolutely one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Pei, the owner, is a warm and welcoming host. She is very organised and keeps the place in immaculate condition. Everything is very thoughtfully designed. The artwork is interesting, as though you're in a gallery. Kitchen facilities are nice, with coffee and tea. Beds are comfortable. Two rooms accommodating 4 persons. The second night I was on my own, and it was as though I had my own house! Pei's artistic map is very helpful too.

I have a great time here. Thanks for the useful map and friendly attitude. This hostel is very suitable for girls who travel alone.

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

I had a great stay. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. Pei is a super nice girl.

The hostel is just so brilliant. The host is very nice as well. You are gonna love this hostel and Tainan after staying here!

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

A great hostel. Every last detail has been well thought out, there's even nail polish remover! I really enjoyed staying here as it felt like a real hostel, because the hostel is small its perfect for solo travelers. The cosy nature means people actually chat rather than just hiding behind their smartphones. The best hostel I've stayed im:. Rock on female only hostels!

The staff at the hostel were amazing! They were so friendly and helpful and delightful to chat to. As the hostel only has 4 beds it's really cozy and feels more like your home than a hostel. It was super clean, modern and extremely well decorated. I would definitely stay here again!

The hostel was a cozy and artistic atmosphere that I have never stayed before. It was clean and tidy guest house. The host was helpful, friendly. She explained any questions and travel information you needed. It might be quiet at night but a safety place to stay. Some of good local restruants and sceneries are closed around from the hostel. I would recommand for laides as a backpacker and group of friends to stay in this hostel.

Definitely the best and most unique hostel I stayed in so far. Lovely staff. Great atmosphere. The hostel seems like an interesting piece of artwork. Looking forward to returning :D

A great place! With great people! Everything was nice and cozy, the hostel gave us a nice local taste of Tainan.

Pei is an excellent person. She is so nice and helpful! The hostel is clean, comfortable and the location is very close to the center of the city. There are so many good local shops nearby, and a night market is only 5 minutes taxi. Highly recommend!

Great place for girls; excellent security, the facility has amazing neighbour watch, no naughty people can possibly do anything nasty; host can speak fluent English so anyone who can speak English can enjoy nice chat with her and learn about Taiwan. Facility itself is very clean, sensible and well equipped (for ladies) They don't have much kitchenware but have great selection of restaurants around the facility so i could try all different food, which i would never try once I go back to home.

Pei was a wonderful and very knowledgeable host. I loved all the little details she put into decorating the hostel, right down to her own map of the city! There was only the two of us in the hostel which was great and we felt like we were living in our own apartment during our stay there. Awesome location, walking distance to the big sites. Only downside was that the bathrooms were downstairs so you had to navigate a set of fairly steep stairs to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

• 4th Nov 2014