Socorro (Lady) Hostel Reviews

• China

Nice hostel.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • China

非常非常棒的旅店!老板们只会在适当的时候出现在店里,其它时候都只有客人自己,有非常私密及舒适的家的感觉。地理位置超好,出门对面就是好多好吃的。但凡你想知道的,老板(pei)都会超耐心地讲解。 awesome hostel! Staying here is just like staying at home. Stuff would only show up in the hostel when necessary and I felt compeletely relax. It is very private, clean, safe and comfortable, with very good location and lots of awesome food just on the other side of the street. the stuff is really nice and warmhearted, you could get all useful information from them.Will visit Tainan and this hostel

Socorro deserves better rating here; I personally think even 100% is underrated. This place is just perfect. It takes less than 5 minutes walk to the bus stop that able to reach most tourist/ scenery spots in Tainan. Also, it's very quiet at night and the whole place is very clean and super cosy! Stop hesitating ladies, Socorro is your only choice to stay in Tainan especially when you're traveling alone!

i like my room, facilities, and eapecially lovely staff [ thank u pei:) ] ,she was so nice! everything was perfect! if i travel to tainan again , definitely i'll stay again in here!

• 28th May 2014
  • South Korea

This place is highly recommended for female travelers! Not only because of good location and security, the owner Pei was really friendly and introduced us to a lot of great places to eat around the area. The hostel also goes the extra mile to provide extra beauty and hygiene necessities. Very thoughtful and helpful.

Pei was kind and talked me through all the available sights that are in Tainan. I would most definitely stay here again if I come back!

The staff Pei there was very nice and provided us with lots information about Tainan. Besides, the hostel is considerate enough to provide some girls' stuffs like cotton pads, cleansing oil, nail polish remover etc. to guests.

I did spend a wonderful 4-night stay here. First of all, the location is great: only about 12 minute-walk from Taichung train station, and several-minute walk from Confucius Temple, so it's very convenient. Second, although the house is a bit aged, it's well-equipped and very homelike. I love the living room a lot. Third, the surrounding is quite and safe. Last but not least, the staff are very lovely and helpful, they gave me warm welcome & useful suggestions that help a lot.

I had a really great stay in Socorro. Although it was a little hard to spot as it was in an alley, I like the peace and serenity that the location provided. As it is a small hostel, it provided a cozy and safe atmosphere to meet other travelers. I met friendly travelers who openly shared their experiences with me over the fantastic food in Tainan. The staff provided me with essential information about Tainan and helped me navigate around the area very well. Thank you for your great hospitality!

Small but very stylish hostel, not far from the Tainan train station with lots of good eateries around. The two sisters who run this hostel are soooo nice. Thank you Pei for your warm reception on my arrival and thank you Pin for riding me to the station.:) By the way, Tainan is really a lovely place and I wish I can come back soon and stay with you again.

Girl you should come !!!!

of the woman by the woman for the woman's hostel! I love Socorro

I feel comfortable like home. Step is really kind and friendly. English is also excellent. Thank you very much Pei :)

So far, best hostel I've ever stayed in ! I spent 6 nights at Socorro and it felt like home. The location is great, the hostesses are too : friendly, welcoming and so very helpful. I recommend this hostel to all female traveling in Tainan, a real haven. Thank you for everything !

One of the best hostel I've ever visited around the world! Great location and the atmosphere is excellent. The staff were super friendly, helpful and informative.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Hong Kong

Thank you Pin and Pei for being such great hosts. Enjoyed my stay there.

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Singapore

Socorro Hostel is definitely a must stay for anyone traveling to Tainan. The overall atmosphere of the hostel is comfortable and relaxing. They put in a lot of thought into every aspect of the hostel. Moreover, the location is great. It is very easy to get to via the THSR free shuttle bus. To top it all off the owners are spectacular. They go above and beyond to help you, give directions or advice, and they really make you feel like you are at a home away from home.

• 18th Feb 2014

Thanks to you I could enjoy Tainan trip. The coffee shop you introduced me was so nice. This time I had only one night chance to stay but if I had a chance to visit, I would stay at socorro hostel definitely.

great little hostel - only had two rooms with 2 beds in each so felt a bit like home away from home. Only had one bathroom/shower on the ground floor, small little kitchen downstairs as well and cute little common area on the 2nd floor. Felt really comfy and relaxing to stay the two nights there!