Sofia Hostel Reviews

Viale Abruzzi, 70, Milan, Italy

People at the reception are NOT very nice. First day, a woman who varely speeks english and second day rude man, who did not let us use the computer of the common area to do the check in for our flight and the computer was there just putting music. Rooms not very clean. Very poor linen, which they charge 3 euros extra for. Definitely I DO NOT RECOMEND IT.

We went in and the lady was extremely rude. We felt immediately uncomfortable, and our room wasn't ready. The staff was very unprofessional. We preferred to lose the deposit and not stay a second longer there.

• 1st Jan 2016

It was honestly terrible. So smelly . All are old men . Not for travelers. Dirty and noisy . The owner is so rude. She keeps opening the light and door in middle of the night and speak loudly . If you want to be treated like an animal. Go to sofia hostel. I lived in another hostel in a 9 beds room and it was better than sofia

• 25th Dec 2015
  • Yemen

Terrible. The charge more than expected when you Arrive, bored as hell and no facilities at all. Only one bathroom for 16 beds and expensive for what they give.

Almost all information on this hostel is incorrect. Linen is included but not towels, there is an extra city tax you have to pay as well. The hostel itself is not clean, the rooms have one door key that must be handed back to reception when you are coming and going. There are not lockers to lock things away in. The shower is free standing and water gets everywhere, drainage is basic nonexistent. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOSTEL.

• 13th Dec 2015

It is so bad that you don't have a bank account.. It made my stay there hard and unhappy.

• 12th Dec 2015
  • Greece

Some of the staff are nice&helpful but some seems unfriendly&a bit harsh indirectly. The facilities are super basic.For value of money it should be good but as a customer i feel like been played with their marketing startegies.They did mentioned the room not including the linen but the didn't informed that is compulsory.From the amount that been advised but by Hostelworld,we need to add more.those people stay in hostel have a tight budget,how about if they don't have enough money in that day?

Hey The hostel is not as bad as people are saying, but they could change things to make everything better - include at least the value of sheets and city tax, those values we cannot skip, just put there! For travelers 5 euro extra make difference! - Also lockers, everybody prefer, it is not that expensive! - PLEASE, take a look on the bathroom 2 Toilet broken, shower curtains are too short, floor always wet...

We could not stay in the hostel, because of constructions! In the middle of the night we had to find another hotel and paid everything ourselves!! Can we have our ransom back please?

• 16th Oct 2015
  • Belgium

It wasn't as bad as the reviews I've read. The location was easily reachable by bus from Milano Centrale. The room and toilet was clean. The staff was nice. They do have microwave but there is no kitchen. The bathroom sliding door should be fix. However, it was bit expensive after added the linen price.

• 15th Oct 2015
  • Malaysia

I know MIlan is going through some rising price process for hostels, but it doesn't mean they can abuse of it. It's an expensive hostel, far from everything, and with staff that's no in there best mood, doesn't have a nice shared space and no kitchen.

I was not given a key for the room and all the lockers in the room were taken so I felt like I couldn't go out and leave my stuff there. I got charged more than the advertised price when I arrived and the facilities were average. There was one bathroom (shower and toilet in one room) for at least 3 rooms (21 people). There was a microwave in the corridor in terms of cooking facilities and that was it. Was quite disappointed.

• 3rd Oct 2015

This was a very average hostel. Overall it was clean and perfectly fine if all you want is a bed for the night. The bathrooms wern't fancy, but they functioned normally. There were no lockers in the rooms, but the staff were able to personally gard my valuables for me. There was no common area and no possibility to socialise and meet other travellers. The was a microwave, but no other kitchen facilities.

Everything is broken/missing. Terrible bathroom. No soap on the bathroom basin. Atmosphere.... what atmosphere?

Good to stay for one night. nothing more

This hostel gave me a reminder of the risk we take when we make bookings in cheapest places we can find on this site. I came to the hostel to wait for my flight back home, and I observed an interesting situation happening next to me. Somebody at the hostel staff had screwed up badly a booking of three elderly women who were supposed to have a private room. Guess what they did to fix the situation? Well, they put them in a six-bed mixed dorm. Not very good service, I say. No offense.

Please be honest dont change the price at reception

This is the first hostel (in 30+) I visit with no toilet seat, which does not help for the bathroom floor to be clean. Also the linen are just a a sheet folded into two and a pillow, you'll end up sleeping directly on the mattress, like the guys before you. They do not accept credit card, despite the sign at the entrance. Apart for that, it is ok to sleep and there is a big and pleasant terrace.

My three friends and I stayed in a 4 room private. There were two twins and a queen. The room was tiny, but clean. We stayed two nights and it ended up being fine. For its price, it's not too bad.

Broken toilet, strange bedrooms with double bed in the middle of a dorm. Otherwise not as bad as I had expected based on average ratings.