Sofia Hostel Reviews

Viale Abruzzi, 70, Milan, Italy

This is by far the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. The organisation is awful. There was a few problems regarding paying as the lady on reception didn't have any change and didn't take card. I don't really know what to say about the hostel to explain how bad it was, it was that bad.

We rented a 4 bed dorm but they gave us a 3 bed dorm which was nice

The staff is unfriendly

Very unmanaged. Totally worst.

• 20th May 2015
  • Nepal

At first I was scared to stay here BC of the past reviews but I must say I made the right choice. The staff were supper friendly and gave us their full attention. They even let us stay an extra night BC we wanted to explore Milan a little more. Very clean and comfortable Hostel. I would recommend the Sofia Hostel to everyone!! Thank you guys for the awesome experience!! Ciao

Would consider staying again the next time I visit Milan.

After arriving late due to a late train earlier that evening, I was told my reservation was moved to a different building and I would have to walk through a dimly lit street at about 12:30am. I fortunately arrived at the other location without incident, but there was no WiFi at this other location contrary to what I was told. Rude staff and poor quality rooms. Don't stay here, there are plenty of better options like the central station hostel.

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms and facilities were clean, but seemed very clinical. The hostel charges 3 Euro for linen per person per night! Those seem to be very pricy bedsheets, if you stay a little longer there, you could just buy new linen for that price. By the way, for that price you only get one thin blanket and one blanket which is a little fluffy - and a pillowcase. So you have to wrap yourself and the mattress in those, there is no extra mattress cover.

NO! I accompanied my girlfriend here(I speak English).They said we had to pay not 10,70,but 16€: MUST take that LINEN(SHE HAD HER OWN),pay TAX(which is btw only for tourists over 30!).NO DIALOGUE.We started to decide,yes,using their WiFi. Girl called some guy in charge,then STARTED TO PULL MONEY FROM MY HAND,the guy on phone THREATENED he'll do smth we don't want to hear about. ?!!We ALREADY PAYED 2,45€,need to decide! Finally I said the F word to the crazy guy,went away. VERY BAD PEOPLE! DON'T.

The only thing I liked from this hostel was the reception at NIGHT because when we had to check out, the receptionist was falling asleep. The room was really COLD. And the worst thing is that when we arrived in the hostel, we HAD to pay for the bed linen, we didn't have any choice if we wanted or not. It's a shame because if we HAVE to pay, put it in the REAL price and DO NOT try to take advantage of the travellers.

Dear Sir , It's written on the page that linen dosn't included.We asked you to use yours if you had , but you haven't. Shame that you want sleep on a bed in hostel without linen(is very dangerous for hygien of travellers). We have hot room and hot water for 24h.

Missing a shower door and unexpected linen fees applied, but bedroom was comfortable. Decent value for cheap price.

Dear Sir , it was written on the website that linen dosn't included and we told you that if you have your linen you can use it , but you didn't have. So , the important that the room was comfortable that for sure you had good stay in our hostel. Hope to see you again.

The gentleman at the counter tried to charge us 25 euros more then was on the sight. And when we said I could just book it online for 17 euros each he got really short and charged us the extra money at check out F this place, this sight and that guy at the counter

• 28th Jan 2015

I was meant to stay at the hostel for 4 nights but missed my plane so only stayed for one. I arrived really early and was tired so wanted to sleep a little before Iw went to work. I couldn't sleep because they had lots of work doing on the front desk. A saw and drill were going on for hours , also they was only one key for my room and the totter guests had it . My bed was very comfortable but the room smelt of smoke even though no one was allowed to smoke in the rooms. The location is excellent

• 16th Jan 2015

Unfortunately I was robbed on arrival to Milan at the Central Metro Station. However, the hostel staff were very helpful and supportive. Then to add to my bad luck I was struck down with d & v after one nights stay. However, Jerry who seemed to be the main member of staff at the hostel was very very helpful. He moved me downstairs in order to keep an eye of me.

Location is very nice, just 10 minutes walk from Train Station, and just in front of a Metro underground station were you can take Red and Green Lines, and get to The Dome Square in 10 minutes. Room is nice, but you have to ask them for a portable heater, otherwise you are gonna freeze. There aresome of restaurants and bars around.

The hostel is very clean. The rooms are nice and cheap. A twin room is totally worthy for example: it's large, well-equipped and clean. The personal treats you between a formal and friendly way.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

It wasn't close of the downtown and it gives the impression of not been clean.

Staff was unfriendly and unhelpful. Place was very cold with minimal blankets.

very very bad. arriving to the hostel they charged us 4€ for each linen and that was unexpected. the bathroom was not working well and is tiny. room was smelling very bad and the charged linen was dirty. the receptionist only had two days working and we didn't have anyone to claim.

They charged us more than we should have been charged. No kitchen or common area. One bathroom with one shower and toilet in it for way too many people plus it looked dirty and smelt bad. Hostel was getting done up and it was very noisy. However staff were friendly and the actual room fairly decent for the price. Good location too.

• 13th Dec 2014