Sofia Hostel Reviews

Viale Abruzzi, 70, Milan, Italy

So small hostel. No living room , no breakfast room , no kitchen. Only one shower room for everyboday. So small hostel for 19€, i don t recomend You fort this price !

Room: Stained walls, mold on the ceiling and smelt like mold and damp. Bathroom: 1 bathroom/toilet per floor. you cant use the toilet when someone else is showering. Level 2 toilet had no toilet seat. Both bathroom smelt very bad. after 8 months through Central America and Europe worst hostel yet. Read the reviews. The 3 other people in my room thought the same as I.

• 7th Oct 2014

No locker in the room despite description, location good (3-4 stops from Duomo), staff overall friendly, atmosfere OK, but no party place, they try to keep the hostel somewhat clean. Dont expext Hilton, but fair enough.

Nice hostel, Egyptian guy on the counter was really friendly and helpful, limited number of showers, pretty tame hostel in terms of atmosphere but was great for a rest and detox and sleep, nice safe comfy hostel.

One of the worst hostels I ever stayed in. 4-bed female dorm contained 5 single beds, and four of them were so close to each other that it was almost like one large bed (still one bed was removed later). Very few power sockets. No key for the room, it's always open. No key for the lockers. Poor breakfast; nothing to drink if you don't drink coffee. The bathroom was often not clean; sometimes there was no hot water. Poor quality of sleep. I've seen bad reviews but didn't expect it to be that bad.

Maybe I just had bad luck when i stayed here. The electricity were out, witch means I couldn't pay with card. Wifi didn't work and the staff was a bit confused. If i wanted to go to Milano again I would have stayed here again. It defenitly works to stay over the night!

What an awful experience! The hostel is situated in such a dodgy location, we got scared when we arrived. The communal bathroom was in our bedroom, so it was not only inconvenient and awkward, but also not secure. Also the shower was broken. The only good thing about this hostel is the one receptionist, Peter, who was extremely helpful in giving us advice on sights to see, places to eat and such.

At least a 25 minute walk to Duomo (not the 10 minutes they say in the description). One shower and one toilet in the same place, so when someone is in the shower, no one can use the toilet. Bad rooms as well, no glass in the window. Not a good stay.

Though not the best location in the city, I had a great time at Sofia Hostel. Peter, who was on the front desk, was an absolute hero and we all loved him very much. I would strongly recommend.

• 10th Aug 2014

The overall experience is okay. The bar is not very clean. The flush and door for the private bathroom were broken, though the staff took immediate action to recover.

Breakfast not included, my room was facing inside of courtyard where there was a lot of scaffolding and the curtain was missing so I felt visible to everyone in the reception and anyone else looking in from the center of the building. Wifi was good and free. Close to Milano Centrale station and corso buenos aires for shopping. Just stayed here one night because of its proximity to train station. Would not recommend it for more than one night because it's away from all the main attractions.

The staff working on weekend was very rude and had a bad verbal english skills. He asked me for a hostelworld booking print again and again even though i said i have a confirmation number in my mailbox in my phone. Additionally, he didnt accept the payment separately in a really rude way again. On the other hand almost everything in the rooms requires an extra charge except doors and windows fortunately.

The hostel was basic and the staff were helpful enough. It's fine if you just want a bed but there is no atmosphere. At the time I was there, they were doing renovations to neighbouring buildings. A little loud.

Great value for this price

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Russia

It was nothing special. It was comfy and the rooms not to crowded. It's not a bad place. But not a special one. No facilities and a staff policy that's ask us anything! We just don't know the answer.... I had to look it up to remember it for the reveiw

Best avoided

• 29th Jun 2014
  • India

The room was not clean and no lockers in it. Also only there was only one bathroom.

ok place for the money

No power sockets near the bed. Bathroom never had any toilet paper. You had to walk through the reception to get to get to the bathroom. On the beds there were no mattress protectors and instead of two sheets there was only one double folded over! Very poor. Quite a noisy room. Buzzing for the door all night. Basically not a good choice. The only redeeming feature was the shower pressure.. But the shower head was broken.