Sofia Hostel Reviews

Viale Abruzzi, 70, Milan, Italy

They charged more than the expected in the website of HostelWorld. They threatened us to charge the parking price, even if in the website it's told that is free. They make us pay the linen, even if we brought ours and they didn't even provide us with towels. We had to argue with them to make them give us the receipt. They didn't want to give us any receipt or anything... During the night and early in the morning, they played music very loud in the hotel speakers.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Spain

I looked at the place then left. It felt seedy. Reception area dominated by large CCTV monitors. Bar seemed to be full of single men drinking on their own. The beds in the dorm were almost on the floor and looked a bit grubby. It cost about twice as much as most other hostel although that may have been because of the Milan expo.

The worst offense was the staff moving your belongings every afternoon, and telling you upon your return that you were sleeping in another bed and room. This defies all common sense, courtesy, and security, and they definitely went through my bags in the process of moving them. There was a cup of brown liquid spilled in the bathroom that was not cleaned up for a day, the showers were cold, the rooms were bright as day at night and the staff started playing loud music early in the morning

The entrance of the hostel had a gate to let you in & out. Being on the first floor and an opened window was not that secured. No place to lock up your stuff. Marco was really accommodating. The shower in the room overflowed, leaked all over the floor was surprised no one got hurt. Thank goodness for another WC.

This is by far the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. The organisation is awful. There was a few problems regarding paying as the lady on reception didn't have any change and didn't take card. I don't really know what to say about the hostel to explain how bad it was, it was that bad.

We rented a 4 bed dorm but they gave us a 3 bed dorm which was nice

The staff is unfriendly

Very unmanaged. Totally worst.

• 20th May 2015
  • Nepal

At first I was scared to stay here BC of the past reviews but I must say I made the right choice. The staff were supper friendly and gave us their full attention. They even let us stay an extra night BC we wanted to explore Milan a little more. Very clean and comfortable Hostel. I would recommend the Sofia Hostel to everyone!! Thank you guys for the awesome experience!! Ciao

Would consider staying again the next time I visit Milan.

After arriving late due to a late train earlier that evening, I was told my reservation was moved to a different building and I would have to walk through a dimly lit street at about 12:30am. I fortunately arrived at the other location without incident, but there was no WiFi at this other location contrary to what I was told. Rude staff and poor quality rooms. Don't stay here, there are plenty of better options like the central station hostel.

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms and facilities were clean, but seemed very clinical. The hostel charges 3 Euro for linen per person per night! Those seem to be very pricy bedsheets, if you stay a little longer there, you could just buy new linen for that price. By the way, for that price you only get one thin blanket and one blanket which is a little fluffy - and a pillowcase. So you have to wrap yourself and the mattress in those, there is no extra mattress cover.

NO! I accompanied my girlfriend here(I speak English).They said we had to pay not 10,70,but 16€: MUST take that LINEN(SHE HAD HER OWN),pay TAX(which is btw only for tourists over 30!).NO DIALOGUE.We started to decide,yes,using their WiFi. Girl called some guy in charge,then STARTED TO PULL MONEY FROM MY HAND,the guy on phone THREATENED he'll do smth we don't want to hear about. ?!!We ALREADY PAYED 2,45€,need to decide! Finally I said the F word to the crazy guy,went away. VERY BAD PEOPLE! DON'T.

The only thing I liked from this hostel was the reception at NIGHT because when we had to check out, the receptionist was falling asleep. The room was really COLD. And the worst thing is that when we arrived in the hostel, we HAD to pay for the bed linen, we didn't have any choice if we wanted or not. It's a shame because if we HAVE to pay, put it in the REAL price and DO NOT try to take advantage of the travellers.

Dear Sir , It's written on the page that linen dosn't included.We asked you to use yours if you had , but you haven't. Shame that you want sleep on a bed in hostel without linen(is very dangerous for hygien of travellers). We have hot room and hot water for 24h.

Missing a shower door and unexpected linen fees applied, but bedroom was comfortable. Decent value for cheap price.

Dear Sir , it was written on the website that linen dosn't included and we told you that if you have your linen you can use it , but you didn't have. So , the important that the room was comfortable that for sure you had good stay in our hostel. Hope to see you again.

The gentleman at the counter tried to charge us 25 euros more then was on the sight. And when we said I could just book it online for 17 euros each he got really short and charged us the extra money at check out F this place, this sight and that guy at the counter

• 28th Jan 2015

I was meant to stay at the hostel for 4 nights but missed my plane so only stayed for one. I arrived really early and was tired so wanted to sleep a little before Iw went to work. I couldn't sleep because they had lots of work doing on the front desk. A saw and drill were going on for hours , also they was only one key for my room and the totter guests had it . My bed was very comfortable but the room smelt of smoke even though no one was allowed to smoke in the rooms. The location is excellent

• 16th Jan 2015

Unfortunately I was robbed on arrival to Milan at the Central Metro Station. However, the hostel staff were very helpful and supportive. Then to add to my bad luck I was struck down with d & v after one nights stay. However, Jerry who seemed to be the main member of staff at the hostel was very very helpful. He moved me downstairs in order to keep an eye of me.

Location is very nice, just 10 minutes walk from Train Station, and just in front of a Metro underground station were you can take Red and Green Lines, and get to The Dome Square in 10 minutes. Room is nice, but you have to ask them for a portable heater, otherwise you are gonna freeze. There aresome of restaurants and bars around.

The hostel is very clean. The rooms are nice and cheap. A twin room is totally worthy for example: it's large, well-equipped and clean. The personal treats you between a formal and friendly way.

• 7th Jan 2015