Sofia Hostel Reviews

Viale Abruzzi, 70, Milan, Italy

I was meant to stay at the hostel for 4 nights but missed my plane so only stayed for one. I arrived really early and was tired so wanted to sleep a little before Iw went to work. I couldn't sleep because they had lots of work doing on the front desk. A saw and drill were going on for hours , also they was only one key for my room and the totter guests had it . My bed was very comfortable but the room smelt of smoke even though no one was allowed to smoke in the rooms. The location is excellent

• 16th Jan 2015

Location is very nice, just 10 minutes walk from Train Station, and just in front of a Metro underground station were you can take Red and Green Lines, and get to The Dome Square in 10 minutes. Room is nice, but you have to ask them for a portable heater, otherwise you are gonna freeze. There aresome of restaurants and bars around.

The hostel is very clean. The rooms are nice and cheap. A twin room is totally worthy for example: it's large, well-equipped and clean. The personal treats you between a formal and friendly way.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

It wasn't close of the downtown and it gives the impression of not been clean.

Staff was unfriendly and unhelpful. Place was very cold with minimal blankets.

very very bad. arriving to the hostel they charged us 4€ for each linen and that was unexpected. the bathroom was not working well and is tiny. room was smelling very bad and the charged linen was dirty. the receptionist only had two days working and we didn't have anyone to claim.

They charged us more than we should have been charged. No kitchen or common area. One bathroom with one shower and toilet in it for way too many people plus it looked dirty and smelt bad. Hostel was getting done up and it was very noisy. However staff were friendly and the actual room fairly decent for the price. Good location too.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Hungary

So small hostel. No living room , no breakfast room , no kitchen. Only one shower room for everyboday. So small hostel for 19€, i don t recomend You fort this price !

Arrived late, left early, very expensive for what it is, reception a little rude.

Room: Stained walls, mold on the ceiling and smelt like mold and damp. Bathroom: 1 bathroom/toilet per floor. you cant use the toilet when someone else is showering. Level 2 toilet had no toilet seat. Both bathroom smelt very bad. after 8 months through Central America and Europe worst hostel yet. Read the reviews. The 3 other people in my room thought the same as I.

• 7th Oct 2014

No locker in the room despite description, location good (3-4 stops from Duomo), staff overall friendly, atmosfere OK, but no party place, they try to keep the hostel somewhat clean. Dont expext Hilton, but fair enough.

Nice hostel, Egyptian guy on the counter was really friendly and helpful, limited number of showers, pretty tame hostel in terms of atmosphere but was great for a rest and detox and sleep, nice safe comfy hostel.

One of the worst hostels I ever stayed in. 4-bed female dorm contained 5 single beds, and four of them were so close to each other that it was almost like one large bed (still one bed was removed later). Very few power sockets. No key for the room, it's always open. No key for the lockers. Poor breakfast; nothing to drink if you don't drink coffee. The bathroom was often not clean; sometimes there was no hot water. Poor quality of sleep. I've seen bad reviews but didn't expect it to be that bad.

Maybe I just had bad luck when i stayed here. The electricity were out, witch means I couldn't pay with card. Wifi didn't work and the staff was a bit confused. If i wanted to go to Milano again I would have stayed here again. It defenitly works to stay over the night!

What an awful experience! The hostel is situated in such a dodgy location, we got scared when we arrived. The communal bathroom was in our bedroom, so it was not only inconvenient and awkward, but also not secure. Also the shower was broken. The only good thing about this hostel is the one receptionist, Peter, who was extremely helpful in giving us advice on sights to see, places to eat and such.

At least a 25 minute walk to Duomo (not the 10 minutes they say in the description). One shower and one toilet in the same place, so when someone is in the shower, no one can use the toilet. Bad rooms as well, no glass in the window. Not a good stay.

Though not the best location in the city, I had a great time at Sofia Hostel. Peter, who was on the front desk, was an absolute hero and we all loved him very much. I would strongly recommend.

• 10th Aug 2014

The overall experience is okay. The bar is not very clean. The flush and door for the private bathroom were broken, though the staff took immediate action to recover.

Breakfast not included, my room was facing inside of courtyard where there was a lot of scaffolding and the curtain was missing so I felt visible to everyone in the reception and anyone else looking in from the center of the building. Wifi was good and free. Close to Milano Centrale station and corso buenos aires for shopping. Just stayed here one night because of its proximity to train station. Would not recommend it for more than one night because it's away from all the main attractions.

The staff working on weekend was very rude and had a bad verbal english skills. He asked me for a hostelworld booking print again and again even though i said i have a confirmation number in my mailbox in my phone. Additionally, he didnt accept the payment separately in a really rude way again. On the other hand almost everything in the rooms requires an extra charge except doors and windows fortunately.