Sofia Hostel Reviews

Viale Abruzzi, 70, Milan, Italy

When we arrived the person who waited for us could speak Italian or English properly, then they asked more money than agreed, meaning we paid 15 euro more. Also when escorted to the room there was two males in the room in which one was in only underwear and was very inappropriate considering my younger children where there

• 27th Jul 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Good location. Comfortable beds. Nice outdoor common area. Only problem was the door of the room did not close properly.

Pretty friendly atmosphere and a good place to stay overnight. The hostel is very close by to public transport and to walk to the city centre. Milan is a beautiful city to visit and if I had the chance to stay longer, I would book myself a room with Sofia Hostel.

• 21st Jul 2015

Really bed..Everything terrible.

Good hostel if you only need somewhere to sleep - walking distance from the station. There were people on the deck outside my room until late making noise. Staff member was asleep in the morning when I wanted to ask a question. Good wifi, comfy bed. No air conditioning but a fan provided.

DO NOT STAY HERE! This hostel is by far the worst establishment I have ever come across. Ever. Firstly, the reception lady was the opposite of helpful. Unwilling to help and no knowledge of the hostel. Secondly, hidden fees known as the linen and city tax are made aware to you when you arrive, along with a cost for air con which will set you back at least another 15 euros a night. We were told to either pay or leave. So leave we did! Milan train station is a much better option! 0/10

I spent jyst one night...the staff is kind and the position of hostel is very good!!!

Very good!

I stayed at a six-mix dormitory. Totally outlet was just 3 spots. They don't have air-con. They gave us an electronic fan, but it was too small to not be able to share with 6 mates. Everybody sweats and sleeps. The shower room is broken, so the floor was flooded.

It is not clearly marked during the booking, that there is no air-condition in the dormitories. With temperatures of around 30 degrees the whole night, I could not sleep at all. A nightmare! I had to change accommodation and obviously didn't get the money back from the nights I cancelled.

• 13th Jul 2015

As far as safety is concerned, there are no lockers within the rooms but the rooms do lock from the outside. The location is great! Right near a metro station and the middle of town. The staff and guests are really nice and fun to be around.

This hostel was okay for our one-night layover in Milan, but I would not recommend it if you want to stay in Milan and visit for a couple of days. It is in a random location, kind of sketchy to get to. It is opened 24hours, which is convenient, but were scared to get out of the taxi. The staff seemed lost, not professional or helpful. We were glad to leave as soon as we could. The facilities were somewhat clean, but again, I wouldn't recommend more than a one-night stay.

DONT STAY THERE, worst hostel ever, the page says that it has air conditioning but it doesn't, the bathroom are always with water in the floor and the windows from the 1st floor aren't safe.

No lockers available, no breakfast and unhelpful staff

They charged more than the expected in the website of HostelWorld. They threatened us to charge the parking price, even if in the website it's told that is free. They make us pay the linen, even if we brought ours and they didn't even provide us with towels. We had to argue with them to make them give us the receipt. They didn't want to give us any receipt or anything... During the night and early in the morning, they played music very loud in the hotel speakers.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Spain

I looked at the place then left. It felt seedy. Reception area dominated by large CCTV monitors. Bar seemed to be full of single men drinking on their own. The beds in the dorm were almost on the floor and looked a bit grubby. It cost about twice as much as most other hostel although that may have been because of the Milan expo.

The worst offense was the staff moving your belongings every afternoon, and telling you upon your return that you were sleeping in another bed and room. This defies all common sense, courtesy, and security, and they definitely went through my bags in the process of moving them. There was a cup of brown liquid spilled in the bathroom that was not cleaned up for a day, the showers were cold, the rooms were bright as day at night and the staff started playing loud music early in the morning

The entrance of the hostel had a gate to let you in & out. Being on the first floor and an opened window was not that secured. No place to lock up your stuff. Marco was really accommodating. The shower in the room overflowed, leaked all over the floor was surprised no one got hurt. Thank goodness for another WC.

This is by far the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. The organisation is awful. There was a few problems regarding paying as the lady on reception didn't have any change and didn't take card. I don't really know what to say about the hostel to explain how bad it was, it was that bad.

We rented a 4 bed dorm but they gave us a 3 bed dorm which was nice