Sofia Hostel Reviews

Viale Abruzzi, 70, Milan, Italy

Broken toilet, strange bedrooms with double bed in the middle of a dorm. Otherwise not as bad as I had expected based on average ratings.

Bathroom was falling apart - shower door, shower itself, door ro the shower as well, basically everything I touched was broken. Also, tha guy at the reception did not let me to pay with a credit card even if it should be possible based on info on hostel world, also there was a terminal 50 cm from him, funny, huh? Also, we received no receipt or invoice to oir payment... Ah and at first he wanted to give us the beds in 6beds bedroom even if we booked for 4, but that could be just an overaight.

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Slovakia

There was no locker in women's dorm, then there is this fee for bed sheets too (maybe written in website.. didn't pay attention). Not the best hostel i have stayed. But the location was not bad, metro is very close. Staff is helpful too.

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Latvia

It is just bad to come and to leran here that you're obliged to pay the cover, especially when it is just one cover creased into 2 parts. You also have to precise on the website that we have to pay for the carpark ! and that we have t tel the key

• 10th Aug 2015

Bed and linen are not included in the price, neither are the AC charges. Everything other than a bare room costs extra and the staff can't speak English well either. Would not recommend.

Okey! first, "NO credit card", bring cash with you!, we stayed 15min outside looking up for cash machine. After that, we get to our room, one window has no drapes .. good start ! when we asked whether we can start the air conditioner in the room cuz the temperature was unbearable, the answer was "you have to add +10 euros per day !! "... the second day when we get to the hostel after a long day, we discovered that our stuff were moved to another room, and we had to stay 20 min for the keys !!!

No leys for the room Broken bed Broken door on the bathroom Broken shower doors Staff said they would sort things but never did Charged three euros for linen but not even provided with any covers

• 8th Aug 2015

There was only one key to a room that we shared with strangers – having to leave your bags in an unlocked room while you are away is simply not acceptable when you pay 30€ a night. The service was poor, and I only ever felt as if the staff were after my money, rather than contributing to a good stay for us in Milan. The shower was missing a "wall", resulting in a drenched bathroom every morning; there was no real door to the bathroom; and there was an open window to the other bathroom.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good: Hostel is a few mins walk to metro, rooms are clean and there is a terrace to sit on. Bad: Was charged extra for linen tax, even though I brought my own sheets-was told I had to pay it or I couldn't stay. No lockers or baggage storage. Staff were unfriendly to the point of rude, apart from one lady, who was helpful and polite. One night, I came back to the hostel to find all my things had been moved to another room without my permission! Overall: Please do not waste your money here!

Sofia hostel was fab and I cannot wait to come again!

Rude staff. Crooks, theftz, unsafe , dirty, scam , RUN AWAY

If they say in the web that they accept credit card they should accept it. They did not have the key of our locker. And we had to pay for the sheets although it was not written anywhere. Really bad experience.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Spain

When we arrived the person who waited for us could speak Italian or English properly, then they asked more money than agreed, meaning we paid 15 euro more. Also when escorted to the room there was two males in the room in which one was in only underwear and was very inappropriate considering my younger children where there

• 27th Jul 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

I think that you have a mistake to wrote us this comment , maybe you mistake with other hostel because we speak well italian and english. And am sorry: how you can book a dorm if you come with a children(6 month) in dorm room? we have only good students person in our hostel , but come with a children (6 month) and book in a dorm?

Good location. Comfortable beds. Nice outdoor common area. Only problem was the door of the room did not close properly.

The rooms was quite old, with a broken door to the toilette that was never 100% closed. One of the beds kept being broken during the stay (luckly not ours). It was very very warm and to turn on the air conditioning they wanted to charge us 10 euros more per day ( even tough there was a sign saying it costed 7, which is already an absurd) The room to keep the bags after check out was not secure at all, not locked, open windows to the street.

Pretty friendly atmosphere and a good place to stay overnight. The hostel is very close by to public transport and to walk to the city centre. Milan is a beautiful city to visit and if I had the chance to stay longer, I would book myself a room with Sofia Hostel.

• 21st Jul 2015

Really bed..Everything terrible.

Good hostel if you only need somewhere to sleep - walking distance from the station. There were people on the deck outside my room until late making noise. Staff member was asleep in the morning when I wanted to ask a question. Good wifi, comfy bed. No air conditioning but a fan provided.

Was quite hard to find this hostel with given directions, but once we arrived the staff were nice and even upgraded us from a dorm to a private room which was a nice surprise. the hostel was very nicely decorated and clean, and felt more like a hotel than a hostel, so may not be the place to be if you wanted to meet fellow travelers. you had to pay extra for air con which was annoying, and the shower was broken, but overall it was a clean, safe place to sleep which is all you need in a hostel

DO NOT STAY HERE! This hostel is by far the worst establishment I have ever come across. Ever. Firstly, the reception lady was the opposite of helpful. Unwilling to help and no knowledge of the hostel. Secondly, hidden fees known as the linen and city tax are made aware to you when you arrive, along with a cost for air con which will set you back at least another 15 euros a night. We were told to either pay or leave. So leave we did! Milan train station is a much better option! 0/10

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6