Sofia Hostel Reviews

Viale Abruzzi, 70, Milan, Lombardy, Italy

Staff is really nice to us. They are really helpful. The place is good,too. Beds are comfortable.

The facilities were in a bad condition. For a towel you have to pay extra. Depressive atmosphere - all in all not worth for the money.

• 31st Mar 2014

Very close to the center of milano , big clean room

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Armenia

Hostel is clean and the rooms are large, but the hostel is not located very centrally at all

The hostel only has one single toilet for all the rooms. So, basically around 25 guests have to share same toilet and same shower, which are in the same bathroom, causing endless queues. In the 6-bed room there were actually 7 beds (and, clearly, 7 guests) and only 4 lockets (to be bought by giving a deposit, which is not included in the price to overnight).

• 7th Sep 2013

I didn't like staying in this hostel at all. Things that were OK were just Wi-Fi (that actually didn't reach the room) and location near metro station Loreto and Corso Buenos Aires. That's all! First of all I should mention the awful smell, that was in the room. In the locker box it was even stronger. Most facilities, that I've chosen this hostel for, were not included , so I had to pay for all of them. Smbd always used my soap and other thing. As for people, I was afraid to sleep in my room.

• 31st Aug 2013
  • Russia

Bad location, nothing interesting in the near area. There should be air conditiong, it wasn't there so it was very hot in the room. Just a fan. Internet was not available or very slow. There was only one bathroom (and toilet in it) for a lot of rooms. Breakfast should be included, but the staff said it was not. The drinks from the refrigerator were very expensive. So I shouldn't go here another time.

Friendly staff and a nice atmosphere.

nice and clean...

• 21st Jul 2013
  • Puerto Rico

Friendly check-in, we had no problems, however the room wasn't right and we were changed into the correct one straight away. The room was big enough, although a mirror would have been useful and more air conditioning than a fan as it was very hot! We had a private bathroom, but with no ventilation it got incredibly hot very quickly which meant having to come out and go back in once it had cooled to use the mirror. Go out for breakfast. No secure luggage storage - it was left in the corridor!

• 17th Jul 2013

Definitely stay here again Staff were helpful

When we got there, they said there is a problem with your room's bathroom (I don't think that was the reason) and you need to move to another hotel (Kennedy Hotel). Kennedy hotel was actually one floor of a building with really bad situation...smelling, no air conditioning, no free internet.... The only good thing was the location which was near the metro and main streets.

• 13th Jun 2013
  • Iran

- Wifi doesn't work - Extra charge for sheets (towels not inc) and taxes on top of what hostel bookers quoted - Prostitutes on the street outside - Staff member greeted us by yelling at us for pressing the entry buzzer too much - Could hear staff talking and watching tv in reception all night even after being told to be quiet by other guests

good hostel, room was okay, but unfortunately we woke up every morning by the noise on the hall or the other rooms!! But spend nevertheless a couple of good nights there!!

We arrived late at night at the Hostel having booked and paid a deposit for a private double room with private bathroom and were told by the staff they had over booked and there were only beds in mixed dorms available. We were very disappointed to not get the room we'd booked it was a sleepless night at the start of our short holiday.

generally not so good standards, poor rooms etc not nice area

• 8th May 2013
  • Poland

we go and found that the reservation is canceled becaus my credit card info is not valid!but I have NOT received any mail or message!!!! I dont know if it is sth wrong with the hostel?or the website!!!!

Thank you for kind and hospitally at stelaa

There is no elevator, so you basically have to haul your luggage up 4 flights of stairs. Other than that, what you pay is what you get.

Overall the stay was satisfactory. The 24h opening was convenient for a late arrival; there was immediately an extra tax added to the price of the room, which I had not been informed about. The bathroom of my 'ensuite' room was outside my own room, so I had to keep going through the corridor and locking the respective doors, which was inconvenient. No products were provided in the bathroom, not even toilet paper, but it was definitely clean and comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was poor.