Sofia Peace Hostel Reviews

65B, Knyaz Boris I Str., Sofia, Bulgaria

The hostel is in a not-so-accessible location as it was hidden in a small street of Sofia. There is only 1 bathroom available for use, and I found it pretty weird that the toilet, shower, and sink are in the same room; but one can get used to this idea. The breakfast provided was a measly packet of bread (croissant). Otherwise, the beds and room were decent for its price.

Moved to this hostel after one night somewhere else so this was so much better. Beds are comfortable and clean room size good. Lockers need a bit of attention some didn't have keys. In a good location walking distance to main boulevard in a quite area.

They say check-in is possible 24 hours and reception opens 24 hours but when I arrived there after the long trip by night bus, there were nobody at the reception and the door was locked. I called the number which was written on the front door but no body picked up the phone and I had to go to the tour to Rila monastery with my big backpack after waiting for two or three hours. I did tell them around what time I was going to arrive well enough in advance.

Not a bad hostel if you're staying for one night. I got upgraded from a dorm to a private room which was great! Although there was no atmosphere in the hostel, if you're travelling alone I wouldn't recommend it.

I would really recommend this hostel. It is located in one of the nicest areas of Sofia, the staff is really friendly, thank you Ulko, and the atmosphere is very calm and friendly. Breakfast included! :)

• 6th Aug 2014