Soggiorno Michelangelo Reviews

Via. Fra Bartolomeo 24, Florence, Italy

No Rating

Very close to a great super market. Location is about 15-20 minutes walk to the city center. Had to deal with a few annoying mosquitos. Rooms are very nice with own bathroom. Big window with lots of natural light. Kitchen available but somewhat limited. Internet was really spotty.

This place is just OK. The location is a bit of a walk to the Duomo and train station, about 20-25 minutes, but it's not bad if you don't mind walking. Oscar is very friendly and the rooms are fine. It costs 5 euro extra for breakfast and 5 euros a day for air conditioning.

I'm sorry for your comment 1 distance from the center 800 meters that I am old I go in 10 minutes wrote that breakfast is not included for cleaning if you were dating from the room as I could not clean? I think his opinion is not coretto Oscar

It was a very cute place, but they guy who runs it seemed very grumpy and was quite unpleasant. Didn't tell us we had to pay for breakfast until we checked out.

Wonderful, homey b

Oscar is so helpful and very welcoming. It is a lovely place to relax and get a good sleep as it is out out the centre. It is about a 15 minute walk into the centre, which we did a couple of times a day with no problem, even felt safe to walk at night. There is a cafe (right next door), self service laundry and a supermarket very close by. Has a lift- so no carting your luggage up stairs! Would return for sure!

We loved the hostel. Staff was welcoming and accommodating. Facilities were lovely. I especially liked my freshly made cappuccino each morning. It is a little bit of a walk from the center of everything, however, it was refreshing to walk down the quiet streets after a long, noisy, crowded day in downtown. We enjoyed having a laundry mat, grocery store, bakery, and some tasty restaurants just a few doors down. Thank you for making our stay memorable.

This didn't feel like your average hostel. This felt more like we rented a friends city apartment for the weekend. The rooms were very tidy and it was a stones throw away from the city centre. When visit Florence I will be sure to book again. Thank you.

• 28th May 2013

Very clean and very comfortable: maybe the best B&B’s I’ve ever stayed at. The owners are most friendly and helpful and know everything about Florence. The breakfast is an Italian one with wholemeal toast and cheese. Practically the only problem is that you can hear the other guests talking in the corridor. Besides, there could be some pegs on the wall for coats. About the location: the area is nice and quiet, but be prepared to walk a lot or take a bus. Nevertheless, excellent value for money!

Oscar, the owner, is fantastic! The hotel is clean, beautiful, and a lovely place to come home to every night. Breakfast is completely adequate and Oscar makes coffee so you're not stuck with the instant stuff. The hotel is a 15 minute walk from the Duomo - really easy, felt really safe. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in Florence and will definitely be staying here again myself when I go back.

No fly screens on windows so our room was full of mosquitos. The hotel is at least a 20 minute brisk walk from the Duomo, however is only 10 minutes from the Accademia Gallery which is good. The room was perfectly clean but our toilet kept on playing up. An ok place to stay, but I don't think I'll stay again.

Excellent place I found in Florence, nice big room and great breakfast, We got the great helping from Oscar who is a very nice man in Soggiorno Michelangelo. We will come back and stay if next travel here again.

It's a really nice hostel, just like a hotel quality. The room was really clean, the atmosphere was warm like home, the internet was also great. The staff was an old kind man, everything is good. Quality one, strongly recommended.

• 26th Dec 2012
  • China

This was one of the best places I've stayed in. A short walk to everything, a great and accommodating host, a clean and comfortable room with big windows...I can go on and on. Thanks for an added experience to our stay in Florence! I highly recommend Soggiorno Michelangelo to all!

• 13th Nov 2012

Oscar is a wonderfull host. The place itself it's excellent! Very fortunate to have discovered Soggiorno Michelangelo and manage to book a room. One of the best decisions of my hollidays.

This place was really great value accomodation. Room was spacious and shower good. The host Oscar was helpful and showed us a good restaurant and places to see. The accomodation is located in a quiet part of town but it is only a 15 minute walk to the Cathedral and the river.

Oscar is the sweetest man ever and makes the best cappuccinos in Italy. This place has the most amazing feel from any place we stayed on our trip. The flat felt like a home that was well loved and cared for but also well shared, which was evidenced by the many FULL guestbooks with glowing remarks on Oscar's humanity and personality. Such a delight to stay here. The location may be a touch far from city center for some, but if the cab drivers all know Oscar, you know you've chosen well. STAY HERE

thanks a lot, unfortunately I do not speak English well to thank

Very Very good place. Good Price. Very good breakfast. Oscar is really nice person. We enjoyed the visit very much. Very close to the center.

Soggiorno Michelangelo was an excellent choice for our stay in Florence. Our host, Oscar, was prepared to spend time with us to get orientated in the city and give us good advice in terms of shopping and seeing the city. Our room was clean and spacious and the breakfast room was a lovely place to meet other travelers. Oscar made a great coffee for breakfast also! I only have a slight reservation about the distance to the centre of the city. It only took 15 minutes but the temperature was so HOT!

• 30th Jul 2012
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

Oscar was a very kind and helpful host. Room was renovated and spacious, but the towels and sheets were not changed while we were there. Breakfast was also a little light. Location is alright- about 10-20 min walk to the different parts of the city center. Be warned for the hot summer months: Air conditioning costs an extra 5 euros per night.

Here is very nice place! Oscar took care of us very more so Im very thanks for him! Location is very near to famous place so we can go there easily, too! But we had to ask him give us air conditiong remotecontrol! so if you want air conditioning remote control then you have to ask him as soon as you arrive!

View all Florence Bed and Breakfasts