Soggiorno Michelangelo Reviews

Via. Fra Bartolomeo 24, Florence, Italy

Oscar was wonderful, we had a great stay in Florence. The location isn't right in the city center, but it isn't too far to walk to many of the main attractions in Florence - walking in Florence is an attraction in itself! Good breakfast (Oscar baked!) and clean facilities.

My husband and I traveled to Florence for an extended weekend and loved staying here! The location isn't in the middle of all the tourist activities however it's not a far walk and there's a bus stop down the street. For about 1.50 euros we purchased bus tickets at the end of the street and used the bus most of the time. However one night we did walk about 20 minutes to where there is a lot of popular restaurants. A traditional Italian breakfast was provided and Oscar was an amazing host!

• 9th Oct 2015

The hot water was patchy and the aircon must have a master switch out of the room. One night was the worst night ever in paid accom.

• 5th Aug 2015

For the price, this place exceeded all expectations. Oscar, who runs the front desk is extremely helpful and kind and made our weekend in Florence an amazing one. The location is great - just far enough outside the city center to be quiet, but close enough to walk. Highly recommended to anyone.

• 17th Jul 2015

Great location, clean and comfortable room, simple but nice breakfast. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would recommend to anyone.

• 7th Oct 2014

Very close to a great super market. Location is about 15-20 minutes walk to the city center. Had to deal with a few annoying mosquitos. Rooms are very nice with own bathroom. Big window with lots of natural light. Kitchen available but somewhat limited. Internet was really spotty.

This place is just OK. The location is a bit of a walk to the Duomo and train station, about 20-25 minutes, but it's not bad if you don't mind walking. Oscar is very friendly and the rooms are fine. It costs 5 euro extra for breakfast and 5 euros a day for air conditioning.

I'm sorry for your comment 1 distance from the center 800 meters that I am old I go in 10 minutes wrote that breakfast is not included for cleaning if you were dating from the room as I could not clean? I think his opinion is not coretto Oscar

It was a very cute place, but they guy who runs it seemed very grumpy and was quite unpleasant. Didn't tell us we had to pay for breakfast until we checked out.

Wonderful, homey b

Oscar is so helpful and very welcoming. It is a lovely place to relax and get a good sleep as it is out out the centre. It is about a 15 minute walk into the centre, which we did a couple of times a day with no problem, even felt safe to walk at night. There is a cafe (right next door), self service laundry and a supermarket very close by. Has a lift- so no carting your luggage up stairs! Would return for sure!

We loved the hostel. Staff was welcoming and accommodating. Facilities were lovely. I especially liked my freshly made cappuccino each morning. It is a little bit of a walk from the center of everything, however, it was refreshing to walk down the quiet streets after a long, noisy, crowded day in downtown. We enjoyed having a laundry mat, grocery store, bakery, and some tasty restaurants just a few doors down. Thank you for making our stay memorable.

This didn't feel like your average hostel. This felt more like we rented a friends city apartment for the weekend. The rooms were very tidy and it was a stones throw away from the city centre. When visit Florence I will be sure to book again. Thank you.

• 28th May 2013

Very clean and very comfortable: maybe the best B&B’s I’ve ever stayed at. The owners are most friendly and helpful and know everything about Florence. The breakfast is an Italian one with wholemeal toast and cheese. Practically the only problem is that you can hear the other guests talking in the corridor. Besides, there could be some pegs on the wall for coats. About the location: the area is nice and quiet, but be prepared to walk a lot or take a bus. Nevertheless, excellent value for money!

Oscar, the owner, is fantastic! The hotel is clean, beautiful, and a lovely place to come home to every night. Breakfast is completely adequate and Oscar makes coffee so you're not stuck with the instant stuff. The hotel is a 15 minute walk from the Duomo - really easy, felt really safe. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in Florence and will definitely be staying here again myself when I go back.

No fly screens on windows so our room was full of mosquitos. The hotel is at least a 20 minute brisk walk from the Duomo, however is only 10 minutes from the Accademia Gallery which is good. The room was perfectly clean but our toilet kept on playing up. An ok place to stay, but I don't think I'll stay again.

Excellent place I found in Florence, nice big room and great breakfast, We got the great helping from Oscar who is a very nice man in Soggiorno Michelangelo. We will come back and stay if next travel here again.

It's a really nice hostel, just like a hotel quality. The room was really clean, the atmosphere was warm like home, the internet was also great. The staff was an old kind man, everything is good. Quality one, strongly recommended.

• 26th Dec 2012
  • China

This was one of the best places I've stayed in. A short walk to everything, a great and accommodating host, a clean and comfortable room with big windows...I can go on and on. Thanks for an added experience to our stay in Florence! I highly recommend Soggiorno Michelangelo to all!

• 13th Nov 2012

Oscar is a wonderfull host. The place itself it's excellent! Very fortunate to have discovered Soggiorno Michelangelo and manage to book a room. One of the best decisions of my hollidays.

This place was really great value accomodation. Room was spacious and shower good. The host Oscar was helpful and showed us a good restaurant and places to see. The accomodation is located in a quiet part of town but it is only a 15 minute walk to the Cathedral and the river.

« first « Prev 1 2 3