Soho Hostel Istanbul Reviews

Suslu Saksı Sok.no:5 34345 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

A cheap place to stay in the very centre, just close to Istiklal Caddesi and Taksim square in an area full of cafes and places to eat. Anyway I would advise to care more about the cleanliness and add more facilities in the kitchen (cups and dishes) with free tea and coffee.

good place for a short stay if being in a party mood

You can go there. I liked my stay, but I think that I am not the average. If you see it as an adventure to stay in a bunk bed for three people, all in all 9 people in a really really small room, then come here. Maybe you just want to celebrate the party life in Taksim, then it is the perfect location. During the day you can sleep quite good, but during the night it is very loud, because of the party. It is cheap, I met a lot of interesting people and I like to party, that's why I liked it.

Great price for Istanbul and very central location of the hostel. Staff is very friendly. They gave me lot of tips about the city and real good places to try turkish couisine.

The Best Exotic SOHO Hostel

Well, its what you'd expect for the price. Hostel location is excellent, but the cramped rooms are smelly (the matresses seem to have century-old sweat on them...), it gets freaking hot at night and there is just one bathroom for everybody... also, the guy there "forgot" to tell me that doing your laundry was as expensive as a full night's stay. If you're seriously trying to save some money, go for it, if you expect to feel welcome at a place, look for something else.

hostel is okay, great location but the nosise from the street is really awful.u can safe yourself with earplugs;D

the staff is hit-or-miss; youll either get a surly tattooed man or a friendly, gregarious turk. there are large lockers are readily available, but some have damaged locks. unfortuately, the building, rooms, bathrooms, and sheets are generally in a filthy condition. however, the location is amazing, and combined with the cheapness of the rates, definitely make this a hostel worth considering for a few nights' stay.

it's very central and easy to find! there are just two showers (one had hot water) and one toilet though. It was still a great value for the little money. I really liked the owner and his wife. They were helpful and really nice!

nice hostel, people and clean toilet and showers

• 6th Aug 2014

The hostel was dirty, very little and awfull. It had no ventilation and only 1 bathroom for the entire hostel

Great atention!! Exellent location. We had an exellent time here.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Argentina

I've been a traveller, since 2011. But to my surprise never came across such filthy place

• 13th Jul 2014
  • India

This is very unfair and absurd comment. On July 13th, you came to our filthy hostel for 2 nights. Before leaving to Cappadoccia, you made a booking for the 18th of July and paid it in advance. You could have gone to another hostel in stead of returning here. Hopefully, we have so many happy guests and we are sorry that you were not one of them.

Let's be warned - I have stayed in noisy places in Delhi and Bangkok but this takes the cake and cherry with it. The mixed dorm is located on second floor and I can't shut off the window because out of respect for other people. The location is perfect (minutes from Taksim metro), staff are nice and knows everything, toilet is alright though one of the showers ain't that great but the price is great. There's a kitchen and fridge to use. Can cook and smoke there. Shall we get back to the noise?

Here is the most comfortable hostel ever! I could chill like it's my home. Reception staffs are kind and friendly.

Value for money in such expensive city of Istanbul.

Only two bathrooms and tree showers (one is combined) for whole hostel. I never had a problem with accessing them, but during a busy time could be hard. Nice staff, very chill and helpful. A great budget option in a superb location!

All the staff were extremely friendly and welcoming, and were able to give us some good advice about excursions and info about turkey. Good location, very near the high street with all the retail shops and restaurants. The high street is very long and you have to walk down a steep hill to get across the bridge to main attractions, but it is an interesting walk and there are lots of cafes and bars surrounding it all with good prices.

• 11th Jun 2014

Great location, 2 minutes walking to main street, the best staff I've met my whole trip, super helpful and nice!!

The hostel is right off istikal ave, so either very good or very bad depending on if protests are going on / how dangerous they are. The place just gave me a general grubby/dirty feeling.