Soho Hostel Istanbul Reviews

Suslu Saksı Sok.no:5 34345 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

I've been a traveller, since 2011. But to my surprise never came across such filthy place

• 13th Jul 2014
  • India

This is very unfair and absurd comment. On July 13th, you came to our filthy hostel for 2 nights. Before leaving to Cappadoccia, you made a booking for the 18th of July and paid it in advance. You could have gone to another hostel in stead of returning here. Hopefully, we have so many happy guests and we are sorry that you were not one of them.

Let's be warned - I have stayed in noisy places in Delhi and Bangkok but this takes the cake and cherry with it. The mixed dorm is located on second floor and I can't shut off the window because out of respect for other people. The location is perfect (minutes from Taksim metro), staff are nice and knows everything, toilet is alright though one of the showers ain't that great but the price is great. There's a kitchen and fridge to use. Can cook and smoke there. Shall we get back to the noise?

Here is the most comfortable hostel ever! I could chill like it's my home. Reception staffs are kind and friendly.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Japan

Value for money in such expensive city of Istanbul.

Only two bathrooms and tree showers (one is combined) for whole hostel. I never had a problem with accessing them, but during a busy time could be hard. Nice staff, very chill and helpful. A great budget option in a superb location!

All the staff were extremely friendly and welcoming, and were able to give us some good advice about excursions and info about turkey. Good location, very near the high street with all the retail shops and restaurants. The high street is very long and you have to walk down a steep hill to get across the bridge to main attractions, but it is an interesting walk and there are lots of cafes and bars surrounding it all with good prices.

• 11th Jun 2014

Great location, 2 minutes walking to main street, the best staff I've met my whole trip, super helpful and nice!!

The hostel is right off istikal ave, so either very good or very bad depending on if protests are going on / how dangerous they are. The place just gave me a general grubby/dirty feeling.

For Istanbul and for its location , this hostel was very cheap. Not an amazing hostel, but very reasonable.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Location in Besiktas is very pleasant, and I personally prefer the quiter environment, but most of the shopkeepers etc. in the area only speak Turkish, and it's a walk + metro/bus away from the more English speaking touristy areas like Taksimi and Istiklal.

If you want to get a normal night sleep, dont stay here. It feels like your room is in a middle of party from all the street noise. Location seems to be good and going out in the neighbourhood looks like fun.

Very clean bathrooms. Beds were adequate, but came only with a fitted sheet and a blanket; blankets are less than practical in Istanbul in May. Staff seemed friendly, but not all spoke English. Staff smoked in the kitchen, but far enough from bedrooms that it was mostly a non issue. Overall, I would recommend this hostel.

Good location. thats it.

The 4-person rooms are very cramped-- the bathroom facilities even more so and few in number. There is a lingering smell of cigarette smoke in the air. The staff didn't speak an adequate level of English to be helpful. The club next door keeps the beats pumping pretty loudly all night, but not every night. It was very inexpensive, but next time we would probably spend a couple extra dollars to stay in a proper hostel.

• 11th May 2014

The staff is absolutely terrible, they will literally kick you out the minute you are due to check out. They don't want anyone hanging out in the common room. The place is in a good location off of Istiklal street in Taksim and is cheap but is the absolute bare minimum. Stay in Taksim Sopha for the same price, same location and FANTASTIC staff who will cook for you.

The owner of the hostel is the only one who speak english, he is very nice and helpful. They don´t have any maps, the rooms are small and without key. They have a TV is a living room (really small) and a kitchen, but i´ve never go inside cause it seemed really dirty. The location is great, is always full of people and it seems safe. Ipve forgot a TERA in the hostel and they keep it for me so I went back and get it.

Staff was very kind!

Adorable staff, perfect location (it can get noisy on weekends but the windows isolate very good), nice room (4dorm female), very stable wifi. I will come again :)

definitely a value option if you're on a low budget ... if you're lucky and get a room facing the inner court it's fine, out front it is quite noisy ... other than that nothing special but fine for the location

After booked 3 nights in this hostel we decided to move. The bad were broken, the old guy at the reception wasnt friendly and helpful at all, the manager instead was helfpul. The last days an Austrian guy lost some stuff or someone steal it and strange thing we too lost my phone and some food. The same food was in a plastic bag in the fridge with a packet of crisp, that the old receptionist guy were eating the last night we were there. Not safe at all.