Soho Hostel Istanbul Reviews

Suslu Saksı Sok.no:5 34345 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

For this price everything is good

Good location, very nice staff. They were very helpful in giving me directions. I highly recommend this place.

Room smelled of smoke all night, like it was being ventilated into the room. Not sure where it was coming from, if the staff or guests were smoking downstairs or if it was coming from outside. Good location and price though.

The staff were really friendly, the price is amazing and the location is good. However the dorm was very dirty and it was quite dark. Also the room smelt like cigarettes.

The staff is really helpful and fun and the prices are reasonable. Location is excellent, just down from bustling Istiklal Caddesi (plenty of bars and restaurants) and well away from the merciless tourist hustle of Sultanahmet. The hostel itself is a little dark and dingy (the photos aren't quite accurate) and you'll have to be up relatively early to get hot water in the showers.

great stay! Thank you!

• 24th Jan 2014

SOHO Hostel was one of the nicest places I have stayed in so far. It is the people that make it such a great atmosphere. There is always someone around for questions about the city but even more than that even for a tip, a phone call and a tea and warm hello in the morning. I will definitely stay in SOHO again next time I go back to Istanbul. Thanks for everything, guys!

• 15th Jan 2014
  • Austria

I staied there just for one night. but from our arrive (like 7pm) until pur check-out (like 11am) there was no light, no electricity. they told many times that everything will be ok in 2 hours. later they told again that the lights will turn on soon. but all nights nothing, we could not clean ourself or similar. very good location in center.

Dear guests, there are some situations that we can not have control of them. Electric shortage caused by Electric Company is one of them. We are sure nobody enjoyes it. Sorry for it on behalf of Electric Co. We just want to clear a detail about it that each time we called them to find out when the problem be fixed, they misinformed us. We have an honest management. Sorry again for Electric Company cutting our electricity due to transformer failure.

Great location near Taksim square and in a small parallel street to Istiklal Avenue where main shopping stores are found, the place allows to go out for delicious affordable dinner in lokantasi, hang out in bars and shop for simple necessity items in groceries. The staff is warmly friendly and helpful in advising and providing help to the travelers. We just stayed one night, but wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the atmosphere of the place and meet other travelers.

Excellent! cheap, amazing location and wonderful stuff! I had a booking in 13 beds dorm, but I didn't like the bed and they changed to 6 beds room without additional change! it's in amazing location next to nightlife center! totally recommended for those who like to see Istanbul's nightlife!

Great location on Istiklal Ave. The trip to Sirkeci train station and from the airport was easy. My room, however, smelt like cheese, which was a bit uncomfortable. Other than that, do not have many other complaints.

Thanks for everything! I will come back! Jane

• 23rd Nov 2013

Very good location, few steps to Istiklal street and few minutes from Taksim square with shuttle bus to/from airports. Cheap restaurants and grocerys around the corner. Bars and clubs in the neighbourhood. The rooms have windows over the street, so quite noisy at night but OK with earplugs. Equipment is basic : small kitchen and common room, 3-storey bunk beds and little space in the dorms, lockers for rent in the bathroom, wi-fi available with your own laptop/smartphone. Manned reception 24/7.

• 21st Nov 2013

It was a good choıce to stay here agaın. Thıs prıce and locatıon ıs really worth ıt. The stuff ıs very helpful. I felt comfortable.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. One of them recommended us where to eat according to our budget. The hostel is near to Istiklal Caddessi and very near to night clubs so the noise was very loud until about 4 in the morning. Luckily, we were so tired from all the walking and sight seeing, we fell asleep immediately once we hit the bed. The only thing negative thing was that you have to pay for the towels. Recommended for any tourist looking for lively night entertainment.

Was in a great location but it was a bit of a dive. Worth staying at purely for its location and reasonable price.

has a very hipster vibe to it particularly most of the clientele it attracts. can be a win or a loss.... right off the main strip but bit of a trek to the sights

Thanks for your hospitality and Good Luck! - Singapore Jack

• 5th Oct 2013
  • Singapore

Less room for seven people I have ever seen. The first time I saw a three-story bed. When I looked at how much dust under the bed, it made me sick.

The location can't be beat - right in the heart of istiklal and easily reached from public transport. The kitchen is little more than a sink and hot plate. The common area is quite small, too, as are the rooms (triple bunks). No lockers. There is often a lineup for the toilets and showers and the hot water ran out on me one morning. Certainly not the worst hostel in Istanbul, but I would try somewhere else before booking here again.