Soho Hostel Istanbul Reviews

Suslu Saksı Sok.no:5 34345 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Not even a 'You get what you paid'. They didn't let me have a snooze in a chair in the common room before check-in and they charged me for the internet and the shower after check-out (they charged me more than the price of a night!). Rotten smell, moist in the showers, barely cleaning, far from attractions, could get to any room without keys, awful facilities, smell of smoke everywhere, noise ALL NIGHT!,

You tried to check-in at 5 am and try to use the hostel after check-out time for only 6,59 euro. I am so thankful to you that you did not ask for spa and free massage.

The hostel is really small, doesn't have a good common area to meet people. The staff is nice and trying to improve his english but smokes a lot. On the other hand, the hostel is very cheap.

There are a lot of bars around the place, so it is hard to sleep at night. The picture on the website is not real.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • China

the Hostel is close place Taksim, if you wanna go to clubs in the night it's a perfect place, and it's good if you have a little holiday budjet.

The hostel is 1 minute walking from Istiklal Caddesi. In the night-party-clubs area. It seems to be safe. We just stayed 1 night and it was nice, although we had to wait until 14 p.m for the check-in. We stayed in a private room and there were also a couch and the shower and inside. Everyone was friendly and we would choose it again (for one or two nights stays, weekend trips, etc.)

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The hostel is very conveniently located next to Taksim square. Good connections to both airports and the metro line. The facilities are adequate and cleaned daily, bathrooms included. The staff is very relaxed, friendly and available 24/7. Fridge/hot plate in the kitchen for cooking, washer/dryer on site. Soho provides great value for your money, I stayed here for over a month and didn't have any problems at all.

The people in the hostel were very friendly and helpful! I really liked the zone were the Hostel is located, although It was a little bit difficult to find. The price was very convenient .

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Chile

We just came to visit one night and when we arrived, the room was cold (the heater wasn't working, we put it on). Our room was on the top level of the hostel and the staircase was very small and dangerous to go up there. The bathroom we had was cold and there wasn't enough place to swing a cat. But, the hostel is very near to Taksim square and a happily animated avenue. They are a lot of restaurants, bars around there, so expect to have quite noise during the night.

• 7th Jan 2015

Costumer care is wonderful, they give you all the attention and information you need, and the location is the best, just in the most wonderful neighborhood in Istambul. The building is quite old, and the bathroom is a bit small and uncomfortable. The private rooms are in the 5th floor and there are no lifts, so you have to climb by yourself.

Good: Hot showers and warm rooms in winter. Reasonably clean premises. Excellent location. Bad: Staff and guests sometimes smoked in the common areas at the reception area, which can be smelled from the upper floors. Triple-deck bunk beds in the dorm was a bit tight.

Good Location for the nights clubs in Istanbul !

We know lots of travellers don't cook for themselves, but if you go to this hostel you shouldn't want to. The kitchen sucks, but otherwise it's cool.

The man at the reception was not very helpful. Our room was the 9 bed dormitory. 9 bed meaning 3 triple bunk beds. Not only did this seem very dangerous but the room was very cramped barely any space for luggage. Our room was quite cold and there was only an electrical heater above the door The bathroom was across the hall and it was very dirty. The bathroom stall did not even lock. Loud music and lots of talking at an above-average level made it very annoying and hard to sleep.

It was a wonderful place to stay and best value for money. Its a bit difficult to find, with the map. A good landmark would be McDonalds near Taksim square and go down hill on the next street to turn left. They won't provide towels, so would be a good idea to pack one. Its quite, and cosy and very clean. Even though there was just one toilet, I did not have to wait to use it. Definitely would come back again.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • India

Great location off Taksim square and Istiklal St, close to bus and rail service. Staff are knowledgeable and helpful. Rooms are tiny and cramped. No secure places to lock up your bag (not an issue for me - just dont leave anything important inbyour bag, its a hostel afterall!). Some people slept with their bag due to lack of space or security. I was perfectly fine with this as its only a place to sleep at night and still represents good value

This place is really dirty and the owner is very vague when it comes to offering facilities etc. Not a great location for site seeing but great for party people I'm sure

Very good location with nice staff and cheap too.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Belarus

A cheap place to stay in the very centre, just close to Istiklal Caddesi and Taksim square in an area full of cafes and places to eat. Anyway I would advise to care more about the cleanliness and add more facilities in the kitchen (cups and dishes) with free tea and coffee.

good place for a short stay if being in a party mood

You can go there. I liked my stay, but I think that I am not the average. If you see it as an adventure to stay in a bunk bed for three people, all in all 9 people in a really really small room, then come here. Maybe you just want to celebrate the party life in Taksim, then it is the perfect location. During the day you can sleep quite good, but during the night it is very loud, because of the party. It is cheap, I met a lot of interesting people and I like to party, that's why I liked it.