Very Good 627 Total Reviews
Very Good 627 Total Reviews
Soho People's Square Youth Hostel Located at NO. 1307 South Suzhou Rd, Huangpu District, Shanghai.
China
Shanghai 200003 NO. 1307 South Suzhou Rd, Huangpu District
77% 627
31.2407789 121.4645701
    Rooms available

• England, Couple, 31-40
14th Aug 2016

I really liked this place, good location, nice staff and a great breakfast. My girlfriend is a vegan and could eat almost all. Great faciities there. Family friendly, not noisy, good atmosphere. Although the turtle outside needs something to rest out of the water on so it can dry its skin every now and then. But still very very nice place. Highly recommend this place

22nd Jul 2016

Wifi was not very good, even when I could connect it was slow or webpage would not open. Our private room was spacious and clean, although shower drain was slow. Breakfast was also not the greatest I'd enjoyed. (There is a McDonalds close by) Staff was really great. Thanks Cynthia!

5th Jul 2016
7.4

It was okay for a place to stay after long days in Shanghai, but we were given a room with no external windows. Other than no windows facing the outside, my biggest complain is that there seemed to be several mosquitoes in our room each night even though we left the window to the hallway closed all day. Would probably not stay here again.

5th Jul 2016
8.0

Just your typical Chinese hostel. A good place to crash for the night. AC was okay, you did have it in your room but still hot. Mattresses are practically non existent they're so thin, bathrooms smelled a bit. But for a cheap, simple place to rest this is good. I liked that they had a free breakfast and some nice spots to hang out although the areas had extremely low lighting.

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
28th Jun 2016

Friendly, clean, funny, and i love the bar and the outdoor resting area. Recommend!

• asgeirpet9136
  • Iceland, Couple, 25-30
25th Jun 2016
7.1

This hostel has so much potential and the place is amazing, probably old hotel or something. It's a huge building and has many great places. With a little effort from the staff and management it could be the perfect place. There is a bar in there, but you have to find it yourself, they also serve complimentary breakfast but that seems to be a secret too. Here is a free tip: have a happy hour every day, backpackers like that kind of things and it will surely boost the atmosphere, witch is lacking

• Portugal, Male, 31-40
23rd Jun 2016
7.7

This place is ok but not very central. The room was clean and had a large TV and A/C. At reception one member of staff was a little rude when I was checking in (I didn't have my reservation code as booking was made with gmail which is blocked in China and he was annoyed by this and showed it...). Also in the morning some people were being noisy outside our room for quite a while and although there were staff in the corridor they didn't ask them to be quiet (I had to go myself). The bar is nice.

• Iceland, Female, 18-24
22nd Jun 2016
8.0

I had a one night stay in a twin private, its located a very short and easy to find, good for a short stay.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
2nd Jun 2016

Stayed with my friend, she liked this hostel as well, specially the bar!

7th May 2016
4.0

Overall negative experience. Location was impossible to tell a cab without knowing Chinese. The locker didn't work so we had to pack 2 backpacks into one. Also, the bed was pretty much a wooden platform.

Dear Sir, it was our pleasure to had you, I am sorry for your unsatisfied experience, we put the quilt and pillow in the locker after clean up, so it was fine, we didn't know when it was broken, so sorry for the trouble. Thank you for your understanding and looking forward to see you again.