Soho People's Square Youth Hostel Reviews

NO. 1307 South Suzhou Rd, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

Good location,five mins to the subway station.Staff were nice,always ready to help others.Nice bar,the food were tasty,if there is a self-kitchen will be better.

• 18th Nov 2014

For youth hostel we found this place had no atmosphere and some staff not particularly friendly. Not a place to stay if you wanted to make your own food to keep cost down due to no kitchen but plus side had a bar and menu. Rooms fairly clean. Had one cockroach in our room on last night but you can get those anywhere.

I wonder why people are working in the tourism business, when they seem to not like tourists? Or maybe, people in Shanghai just don't like foreigners? Or maybe, people in Shanghai are rude? Or maybe, the people who work in this hostel just don't like foreigners and are rude? I've travelled to about 60 countries around the world and this is one of the worst hostels I've ever been too, basically because the staff were unpleasant, unhelpful and unfriendly. I won't be returning.

Really nice place. Good room (I had an ensure 6-bed female dorm). My main let down was the lack of a towel to rent or buy! Also they did not have toilet paper in the room bathrooms. When staff was approached about these matters they were neither helpful or apologetic. The wifi was great and the food was nice!

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

They were very unfriendly, I really did not like it here!

• 4th Aug 2014

I have rated this all poor given the fact we booked through histelworld only to be told when we got there that our booki ng reference was not legitimate. Further to this a mention of hostelworld only got a bemused look from staff. Staff then checked our booking in an actual book and said it didnt exist. So deposit was a write off

• 25th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The staff was very unfriendly and never answers to mails we sent to them. In addition the romms were very small and dirty and the matraces were hard as wood, we couldn't really sleep. The bathrooms were ok but still to small for so many people who need to use them. The only good thing was that the location was very good to discover the city.

The whole look and feel of this hostel is brilliant. Rooms very comfortable and cleaned daily. Food and drinks from bar should you want. Just 15 minutes walk from Peoples Square and 5 minutes to nearest tube station. Great value for money!

Beds were very hard means no mattresses. Room was smelly and dark. Staff was friendly.

To be honest this is the worst hostel experience Ive ever had. Since checking in the staff gave us a difficult time and werent helpful nor friendly at all. Room condition's horrible. I booked a private double room and the room condition's very bad: extremely humid, kettle doesnt work well, and the re was rain falling from tge ceiling!!! Wifi somehow didnt work well and only support one device per person. Everything's charged, e.g. lockers outside, shampoo, etc. Extremely horrible experience.

The hostel is fine and well decorated. First time I'm doing a bad review because of the lack of politeness from the staff.

• 27th Jun 2014

It's a nice hostel, just a little hard to find it.close metro actually and supermarket and restaurant .

Beds are hard as rocks in the dorms, atmosphere in the place is good, but overpriced.

A nice place where I ll go again !

• 31st May 2014