Soho People's Square Youth Hostel

Fabulous 689 Total Reviews
Fabulous 689 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 31-40
19th Jun 2017

ive stayed here before, its ok nice location, staff are not too bad. Good place for a night or two. The breakfast only runs until 9 should go until at least 10 in my opinion. The only other thing really is that it would be nice if they had more toilets.

• talestalestales
  • Brazil, Male, 31-40
5th Jun 2017
7.1

I really enjoy staying here for my last 3 nights after traveling for 3 weeks in China. One people of the staff had a very good english and was very helpfull, but two other ones had a very bad english (one of them could only get my passport and say Hello). And my only real need when I had to discuss an issue with this boy, Its was impossible, but we had a Chinese guy who helped us and this staff boy then helped me a lot. 15-30 walking distance to maaany must see places. 5min walking from metro.

1st Jun 2017

Overall, my stay was great. The location is convenient and the building has a nice outdoor sitting area. The only problem was that the female dorm room has a strange smell. I thought it was perhaps a previous guest, but it seemed a bit too persistent to be that. Maybe something about the ventilation? Otherwise, everything was fine. Good value for money ~

28th May 2017

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Great location, super clean. Great for partying. Great staff 10 out of 10

• USA, Male, 18-24
26th May 2017

Pretty nice place, really cool lobby and rooftop lounge area. Stayed in the dorm, it was clean and comfortable. Would stay again.

20th May 2017

I had a great time! Staff is nice, there are a lot of areas to rest and spend some time. It is in a really nice place, very easy to travel through the center of Shanghai!

15th May 2017

Awesome place! I was traveling from Qingdao and looking for a hostel in Shanghai that would have a washer and dryer, served breakfast, in a central location, and of course for a good price. People are nice, and there is an outdoor garden and indoor common place. However, most people were on their phones, a lot of families (a surprise but not a bother) and the staff was helpful. I would definitely recommend this place and stay there again if I were to travel back to Shanghai.

• France, Female, 18-24
14th May 2017

Staff very friendly and good location

• Australia, Female, 18-24
2nd May 2017
6.0

Did not have the best experience here. The staff were unhelpful and gave inconsistent information. There was no toilet paper (even after I asked) and the room that I was in had no windows and the fan didn't work. If I wasn't going to get cheat issues from the polluted air outside I was definitely going to in that stale room where you could alway get the small whiff of sewerage when it was raining, which was everyday. It was in a decent location but not good enough for the time I spent there.

24th Apr 2017

Great hostel! The free breakfast is a nice perk.. good atmosphere to chill, and close to the subway for easy access to the city. No windows in the room, the air becomes quite stale. Installing fans would be a nice improvement!