Soho People's Square Youth Hostel Reviews

NO. 1307 South Suzhou Rd, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

Really nice place. Good room (I had an ensure 6-bed female dorm). My main let down was the lack of a towel to rent or buy! Also they did not have toilet paper in the room bathrooms. When staff was approached about these matters they were neither helpful or apologetic. The wifi was great and the food was nice!

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

They were very unfriendly, I really did not like it here!

• 4th Aug 2014

I have rated this all poor given the fact we booked through histelworld only to be told when we got there that our booki ng reference was not legitimate. Further to this a mention of hostelworld only got a bemused look from staff. Staff then checked our booking in an actual book and said it didnt exist. So deposit was a write off

• 25th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The staff was very unfriendly and never answers to mails we sent to them. In addition the romms were very small and dirty and the matraces were hard as wood, we couldn't really sleep. The bathrooms were ok but still to small for so many people who need to use them. The only good thing was that the location was very good to discover the city.

The whole look and feel of this hostel is brilliant. Rooms very comfortable and cleaned daily. Food and drinks from bar should you want. Just 15 minutes walk from Peoples Square and 5 minutes to nearest tube station. Great value for money!

Beds were very hard means no mattresses. Room was smelly and dark. Staff was friendly.

To be honest this is the worst hostel experience Ive ever had. Since checking in the staff gave us a difficult time and werent helpful nor friendly at all. Room condition's horrible. I booked a private double room and the room condition's very bad: extremely humid, kettle doesnt work well, and the re was rain falling from tge ceiling!!! Wifi somehow didnt work well and only support one device per person. Everything's charged, e.g. lockers outside, shampoo, etc. Extremely horrible experience.

The hostel is fine and well decorated. First time I'm doing a bad review because of the lack of politeness from the staff.

• 27th Jun 2014

It's a nice hostel, just a little hard to find it.close metro actually and supermarket and restaurant .

Beds are hard as rocks in the dorms, atmosphere in the place is good, but overpriced.

A nice place where I ll go again !

• 31st May 2014

its said that the mattress are like stone,but my was really soft,they just adding mattress,so lucky... nice stuff and nice food

• 23rd May 2014
  • Japan

It's terrible experience .I have stay more than 100 hostels all of the world, and have been a hostel as bad as this one.terrible bathroom. room without window, and humid floor and bed, very rude officer and crazy noise by their vacuum cleaner in the early morning. I could not stay there for one more night ,and move out at the first morning. Worse, they do not give back my money and cheat me . 非常糟糕的体验,我坐过上世界上100家青旅,这间是对青旅的亵渎。差的洗手间,没有窗户潮湿的房间,粗暴的店员,以为外地人没进过城,活该住青旅。我忍受了一晚,就在凌晨换去了其他地方,他们竟然在房费上欺骗我。

This hotel is in a really nice location next to a park and has a cute outdoor area and large dinning/recreation area as well as a laundry room that you can use. staff were very helpful and friendly. Nice space with pool table in in house bar , cafe, restaurant.

• 13th May 2014

Amazing location and if you enjoy quite then the place is perfect,just good & good

• 11th May 2014

Very unfriendly staff, with no sense of beeing any helpful. The bed were quite hard. The location was good and the directions, too. I would recommend the hostel, to people who don't care how they are treated by the staff.

This hostel is just not the one discribed. The rooms are wracked. The carpet in our room was constantly wet, the walls etc. Very moisty and partly covered with mold (like other common rooms). They don't provide toilet paper but you can buy at reception (weard ecological reasons) . We had to change rooms but the 2nd room was 120 y more expensive and the same quality. They provide 2 washing mashines for 100 people and 1 dryer which doesn't dry. Wifi crashes all the time and staff doesn't care.

It is a surprising beauty in Shanghai. The alley space outside the reception is the coziest place in rainy/sunny day. The restaurant is also impressive. I enjoy their special meals, 15Y & 18Y for set meal & breakfast with friends and love it. Thanks to restaurant staff for delicious food & everything!ðy˜S Just one thing that is the worest in my 8-hostels experience in Shanghai.The checking in & out are slow and the house keeping system needs improvement. Many bed are not ready until 3pm/4pmí ½. ðy˜"

The hostel is one of the best looking ones from the outside. With a nice looking garden, lobby, bar and everything you use for 15 mins or so when ur waiting for ppl before you head out. The rooms were extremely smelly, once you enter the corridors of the rooms it starts to smell like the bathroom all over. What was strange was in our room along with two bunk beds they decided to put one big semi queen bed for...I cant imagine what for actually.and then theres the "bill for everything"

• 18th Apr 2014
  • India

Beautiful shabby chic facility. Loved the whitewash