Soho People's Square Youth Hostel

7.9
Very Good 672 Total Reviews

• Slovenia, Male, 31-40
19th Apr 2017

The place is on the nice location, perfect chill out zone in the center of SH. There is a "garden" and the chill terrace. Many of different rooms available for reasonable money but when it comes to the Stuff they are super polite and really life savers. If you ask they will order food for you they were even buy some computer staff for me over the internet. There is poll table for free, cheap beer and more. I would recommend this hostel to all travelers visiting SH and I will come back for sure!

9th Apr 2017
7.4

It says there's a kitchen, but it's just a microwave and a fridge, which is hardly a kitchen at all. Aside from this issue the rest is fine, not particularly good or bad. Rooms are fairly clean, though my locker didn't lock. The free breakfast was nice, and the front desk staff were friendly. Free laundry services (washer AND dryer!) was also great. My favourite part is the loft above reception, it's a nice place to relax and read a book. Location is good too, quiet with little street noise.

• Portugal, Female, 25-30
31st Mar 2017
7.4

A late night check-in was well provided, as our flight got 2h delay. My room with 4 bed didn't has a window and was really warm. The room private toilet wasn't well cleaned. The breakfast was ok, with ocidental and oriental options. It's ok for a weekend visit to Shanghai.

17th Feb 2017
7.4

My second stay here. Only problem was the Wifi. Could not connect most of the time.

• England, Female, 18-24
14th Feb 2017

I only stayed for the night but I'm sad I could't have spent more than just a few hours there. From what I saw it was very clean, the staff were friendly and there was a good atmosphere. If you are a light sleeper I would recommend an eye-mask as it was very light in the room, and earplugs as there were trains (?) frequently going past at a loud volume. I would definitely go back.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
30th Dec 2016

Decent hostel and facilities. Beds were rather hard and staff were not very sharp. A courier with no English skills gave us better directions to the old city when they couldn't grasp what we were looking for despite the old city being a major tourist attraction.

• England, Male, 25-30
30th Dec 2016
7.7

We had a double private room which was nice, clean and pretty big. The rest of the hostel wasn't so great - bit cold and boring, although this could be because we went during the winter at low season. The location next to the metro is good but its quite far from the main sites and places to go out - but taxis are really cheap so not a massive issue. Given the location its pretty expensive.

• India, Male, 25-30
3rd Dec 2016
4.9

I have been there in last week. The place is very near to subway station. This is the only good point. Cleanliness is not good. Rooms are small. Worst part is WIFI connectin and Television is pathetic.

We're so sorry about your experience in our hostel,during last week,our Wifi is debugging,now it works well. We'll tell our cleaner to work harder,hope you can understand.

• England, Couple, 18-24
2nd Dec 2016

Stayed here for 4 nights. Was a good stay, perfect location. Not much social atmosphere though, might of been due to time of year. Good food and nice pool table though

• England, Couple, 41+
2nd Dec 2016
8.0

I love the location of this hostel and the more expensive rooms are nice, the cheaper ones have windows facing the corridor and they're not so nice. But the beds are rock hard! We both woke up stiff and in pain and sadly won't be able to stay there again.

We're so sorry about the mattress,some people like the hard one,if you feel uncomfortable,you can ask our staff to add a quilt for you next time. Because our hostel was reconstructed by a warehouse,so some rooms do not have windows.thanks for your suggestions,we'll continue to work hard.