Soho People's Square Youth Hostel Reviews

NO. 1307 South Suzhou Rd, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

Really nice place to stay, big, clean private rooms, great staff and some nice touches like a free beer on arrival. Definitely will stay here again soon. Location ok - but not actually in People's Square!

This is my third stay at the hostel. Always so clean... People there speak good English, which is not so common in China(which is foreigners told me, I have no language problem at all,) and always do their best to help,its said that beds are hard like rock,but my bed has soft mattress,so lucky...Some nice touches like a free beer on arrival. Bar with snooker table, and the buffet was great, they become better and better...Finally the location is top.I would highly recommend this place.

We appreciated the internet connection because it was fast and available anywhere.

• 7th May 2015
  • Lebanon

Great location but off the beaten path, creating a quiet environment to stay at! It was great to see Chinese locals but also foreigners staying, young people, old people, even families!

Rock hard beds and full of Chinese students

The hostel was a little difficult to find at night because the entrance is by the river, not on a main road. However, the environment was nice and the location convenient for both the metro and the railway station. The dormitories were clean and lockers secure. Most of the guests seemed to be Chinese. My main dissatisfaction was with communal bathroom which was continually covered in water. Otherwise, my visit satisfied my needs - a cheap, convenient and secure place to sleep for two nights.

I got a private room, the facilities were adequate but nothing special. Good wifi. Some of the staff spoke good English so checking in and out was simple. When asked if they could book a train on my behalf, they said I should just go to the train station which wasn't that helpful. Found the hostel quite hard to find as it is unclear it is located on a pedestrianised street, and not the road. Good location for the metro station.

• 26th Feb 2015

We are so sorry for your inconvenience, with indeterminacy about new rule of the Ministry of Railways when someone book the tickets for others. But now we have confirmed the relevant provisions and booking for everyone has been possible. Much appreciation to you for your reflection, which is important for our improvement. Looking forward to seeing you again at SOHO!

The hostel was so dirty that I left the same day I arrived. Just couldn't stay there. It is simply too big and you don't feel like a valued guest but like a money-cow ready to milk...

We are terible sorry for your unhappy experience here, we found the problem after your review, which is under the bed. We thougt we can not touch anything when guests haven't all check-out, including the area under the bed, we figure out how to do and problem solved, it's not going to happen again. Looking forward to seeing you again at SOHO!

The staff was very helpful. The security was excellent with personal locker and access control.

I think for Shanghai it's a great bargain. Staff are all very kind and helped with whatever I needed. Place was clean, and also quiet for sleeping. Rooms have heat, which is good unless your roommates like to keep it a million degrees like mine. But staff provided me a fan. Plenty of places to cozy up and read. Many guests weren't very social. There is no smoking which is great, but unfortunately the construction staff smoke indoors so I could still smell it day

This is my second stay at the hostel. The location is great. Very quiet but close to public transportation. The staff is friendly and helpful. I only wish they had a single private room option, instead of having to pay for two people if you want a private room. As a single traveller, I always have to pay double.

It is time and money saving to travel by mrt. It is close to mrt. Room is clean and quiet. WiFi are free for us. Washing machine and dryer are available. So good for long trip travellers. Feeling welcomed as home. Reasonable price.

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Japan

A lovely hostel with friendly staff and a great vibe. We stayed in a double room and it was very comfortable and warm in Winter. The whole room was pretty clean aside from the peeling/damp walls. It was only a half hour walk to The Bund along a river with great scenery - I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Shanghai.

Nice and comfortable,ooms and common areas were clean and spacious.Staff were helpful with info and arrangements for airport transfers and taxi,it was a good experience

It's very closed to railway station. good value of money and comfortable room. recommended

• 24th Nov 2014