Soho People's Square Youth Hostel Reviews

NO. 1307 South Suzhou Rd, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

They gave me free upgraded, nice staff, clean room, a cozy place, I'm coming back for sure.

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Taiwan

Very nice and helpfull stuff.

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Russia

Great location for those who going to use train, it just 3 stops from shanghai station. Night bus route also available around this area. My favorite hostel in Shanghai.

I had a really great time here. I would gladly recommend this hostel to my friends if anyone asked me where to stay in Shanghai. Keep up the good work, guys :)

Staff were really friendly and very helpful! The English speaking reception guy was very helpful indeed and very organised.

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Really nice staff and clean place, not much atmosphere though and they never gave us toilet paper for our ensuite, when I asked for it they seemed confused as to why I wanted it, apart from that a nice hostel not too far from the bund

Staff at this hostel were particularly unfriendly and in accommodating, they failed to give us details of check out times and breakfast as well as basics of the hostel. Furthermore they were unfriendly and did not make much of a positive impression on us as guests, stay in a more central location in shanghai and get better service!!!

Very nice and helpfull persons at the desk.

Above average hostel, location is fairly good. Very close train station and many sites are within walking distance. Best thing about the hostel is the rooftop, gives you a nice feeling of being cosily tucked in around all the high risers. Worst thing is that for the entire time I was there it smelt like wet smelly clothes, from the reception to the room.

Once you get to this hostel it's nice, but to get to it, you have to walk down an alley, which we didn't feel very safe on after dark. There were three of us and we signed up for a 6 bed dorm room but they gave us a 3 bed dorm room so it was like a private room. We really appreciated that! We used the community women's bathroom and it was pretty clean except for all of the water on the floor from the showers and the humidity. There were nice looking common areas but we didn't get a chance to

I didn't receive many smiles for the staff, they didn't seem happy with the me or other customer. .

地理位置很好,员工很nice,离周边景点很近

The location was very close to key sites, including People's Square and Nanjing Road, and the hostel staff were very nice and eager to help with any requests. The location after exiting the station is not well described and walking around the area at night was quite scary for my friend and me with our packs, but during the day the place is great! Would definitely stay here again!

Our room smelled like a bathroom. And it's not actually located on the People's Square, it takes about 15 minutes to walk there. The staff did their job, but not that friendly.

I stayed in this hostel before - but I came back and didn't have such a good experience. The location is good, the hostel is nice enough. Someone needs to have a word with the guy at reception about his service sense though. It doesn't cost anything to make a bit of conversation when the computer is being slow and I doesn't take much effort to at least look at you and acknowledge your presence even if you're busy on the phone. But it's not a 5-star hotel and I'd probably stay again.

When checking in it took us 10 mins to be seen as the staff were to busy to serve us. The room we were given was not the one that we booked. The room itself smelt bad and had no window for fresh air and on the first night the AC did not work. The "social" area was always dead or closed for private parties or staff meetings and full off staff members doing nothing.The wifi did not work constantly in the hostel. You can also here the tube underneath the hostel from early morning to late at night.

I've loved my stay here! The hostel is so close to everything in Shanghai, but still located in a quite area.

• 29th May 2015
  • Romania

5 min walk away from a metro station, which was awesome. The place had a cute outdoor hangout area. One down side was that the communal bathroom floor seemed to be wet all the time

The bathroom in the ensuite was quite dirty and there was no bath curtain to keep the water from going everywhere. In addition to that, I wish they had more than just one washing machine, I felt like everyone was fighting for their slot time... Other than that, it was perfect the atmosphere was amazing and the location even better since it was a few minutes away from the subway station. Also the staff speaks good amount of English and they were really professional.

• 27th May 2015

We were amazed by how easy and quick it was to get to the People's Square area by foot (definitely not as close as the name will make you think). The atmosphere in the hostel is nice, bu if you are allergic to cats stay away. We were staying in a 4 bed dorm. While the ensuite batroom was nice, the room didnt have windows and was really stuffy and warm, even with the loud fan on, so we had trouble sleeping and breathing freely. The room had roaches, but this is almost unavoidable in China.