Soho People's Square Youth Hostel Reviews

NO. 1307 South Suzhou Rd, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

The hostel was a little difficult to find at night because the entrance is by the river, not on a main road. However, the environment was nice and the location convenient for both the metro and the railway station. The dormitories were clean and lockers secure. Most of the guests seemed to be Chinese. My main dissatisfaction was with communal bathroom which was continually covered in water. Otherwise, my visit satisfied my needs - a cheap, convenient and secure place to sleep for two nights.

I got a private room, the facilities were adequate but nothing special. Good wifi. Some of the staff spoke good English so checking in and out was simple. When asked if they could book a train on my behalf, they said I should just go to the train station which wasn't that helpful. Found the hostel quite hard to find as it is unclear it is located on a pedestrianised street, and not the road. Good location for the metro station.

• 26th Feb 2015

We are so sorry for your inconvenience, with indeterminacy about new rule of the Ministry of Railways when someone book the tickets for others. But now we have confirmed the relevant provisions and booking for everyone has been possible. Much appreciation to you for your reflection, which is important for our improvement. Looking forward to seeing you again at SOHO!

The staff was very helpful. The security was excellent with personal locker and access control.

1 2 Next » last »