Soho People's Square Youth Hostel Reviews

NO. 1307 South Suzhou Rd, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

I've loved my stay here! The hostel is so close to everything in Shanghai, but still located in a quite area.

• 29th May 2015
  • Romania

5 min walk away from a metro station, which was awesome. The place had a cute outdoor hangout area. One down side was that the communal bathroom floor seemed to be wet all the time

The bathroom in the ensuite was quite dirty and there was no bath curtain to keep the water from going everywhere. In addition to that, I wish they had more than just one washing machine, I felt like everyone was fighting for their slot time... Other than that, it was perfect the atmosphere was amazing and the location even better since it was a few minutes away from the subway station. Also the staff speaks good amount of English and they were really professional.

• 27th May 2015

We were amazed by how easy and quick it was to get to the People's Square area by foot (definitely not as close as the name will make you think). The atmosphere in the hostel is nice, bu if you are allergic to cats stay away. We were staying in a 4 bed dorm. While the ensuite batroom was nice, the room didnt have windows and was really stuffy and warm, even with the loud fan on, so we had trouble sleeping and breathing freely. The room had roaches, but this is almost unavoidable in China.

Basically a good hostel, close to the city centre with a nice garden in the backyard. nothing really to complain about, everything worked out well. but also not a special hostel either. unfortunately neither wifi nor mobile signal worked in my room.

Really enjoyed me stay at this hostel. Rooms very clean and there was a nice feel about the place. The staff was very friendly and helpful. One girl in particular, Hayley, helped us plan our trip to trip to Beijing and helped organise ur hostels and trains, we would probably still be lost somewhere in inner Mongolia if it wasnt for her!

• 15th May 2015

Really nice place to stay, big, clean private rooms, great staff and some nice touches like a free beer on arrival. Definitely will stay here again soon. Location ok - but not actually in People's Square!

This is my third stay at the hostel. Always so clean... People there speak good English, which is not so common in China(which is foreigners told me, I have no language problem at all,) and always do their best to help,its said that beds are hard like rock,but my bed has soft mattress,so lucky...Some nice touches like a free beer on arrival. Bar with snooker table, and the buffet was great, they become better and better...Finally the location is top.I would highly recommend this place.

We appreciated the internet connection because it was fast and available anywhere.

Great location but off the beaten path, creating a quiet environment to stay at! It was great to see Chinese locals but also foreigners staying, young people, old people, even families!

1 2 Next » last »