Sol Huasi Reviews

Avenida Belgrano 671, Salta, Argentina

Sheets and room very dirty!!! Good staff nice people good location!

Pros: Fantastic location (very close to plaza), wifi, nice hangout area and great little balcony. Various areas to sit and relax. Bathrooms were clean. Cons: My room literally smelled like feet. Very stuffy. They leave the front door open, and it's on a busy street, so almost anyone can walk in; not the best security! Lockers are very small. Had to buy a new, small lock to fit. Bread at breakfast ran out at 9 (an hour before ending) and didn't re-stock. Would not recommend.

Very friendly and vibrant hostel - not for those who want peace and quiet! But we had a great time and the staff invited us out with them. Room a bit smelly and kitchen quite small. Great location near the centre square.

This hostel has two locations close to each other. We stayed in the one on Mitre St. It's a great old building with spacious rooms and high ceilings. The staff were all very helpful and friendly however they probably need to sort out their housekeeping procedures as both the rooms we stayed in hadn't been cleaned.

Very nice hostel in a beautiful building. Large and comfortable rooms. Breakfast could be better though but otherwise very happy of the location and ambiance. Kitchen is clean and huge.

Nice common area, but for this price you get a better accomodation in Backpacker's Suites!

The staff were very nice and the location was good. Cooking facilities were not the best. All in all it was good for a couple of nights

I've stayed here before (in October) but only 1 night impressions were much better that time. The staff seemed nice but disinterested. Breakfast was basic, but OK - when they could be bothered putting anything out. Kitchen is rubbish. Location is good, just a block from the main plaza. They are supposed to have a party vibe, maybe I wasn't 'feeling' it...

I really, really enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it to everyone. the staff and atmosphere were so welcoming and people actually spend time with eachother here. great to get to know people.

Great location and atmosphere. Staff were very helpful. Would recommend to others

We planned to stay here for 3 nights but one night was more than enough! A mixture of poor cleanliness and noise all night means we really would not recommend this place. The double rooms are very small and the shared bathrooms are some of the worst we have seen in South America. If you are not a native Spanish speaker you are not welcomed here. Great location though!

Great hostel...amazing location, good value, chill and comfortable vibe with Martin being the main driving force to a great hostel! Great guy and helped us with anything we needed during our stay...would defo recommend this hostel, enjoy!

• 15th Feb 2014

I stayed at both locations. The first one I stayed at was being fumigated, on the day I had an all day excursion. So I brought all my valuables along with me and packed up my bag which they ensured would be transported. I got to the second location asked multiple people where my bag was and finally someone took me to the past hostel where it had been left in the building being fumigated. Additionally the two days I was at the second location they were without internet and power.

Great Hostel in the best location, very kind and helpful staff.