Sol de Oro Reviews

Calle Chaska T'ika C-7, Machu Picchu, Peru

Was a fine place to stay, although a bit out of the way (granted the entire town is not very big). This hostel is on the train station side of the town, a few streets back behind the market. Otherwise the rooms were clean and comfortable.

After my arrival I had to wait, only to be then told that I would be staying at "Inka House" next door. They were probably over-booked... Still had to pay for the price of the room at Sol de Oro, even though I believe that facilities at Inka House were much poorer. I wouldn't recommend the place, but this is my personal opinion.

Very poor service, I don't recommend this hotel purely by the service on numerous occasions. If this is improved it could be a great hotel.

Very noisy room and night, most of it because of the people working at the hotel. Shame when you need to get up at 4h30 in the morning for the climb. It seemed to have been managed by a 12 years old, very nice but still, not a professional staff at all. It could be much better with better management.

View all Machu Picchu Bed and Breakfasts