Solar Chacara Hostel Reviews

Av Niemeyer 180, Estrada do Vidigal 701, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

My fifth stay here. As usual, thumbs up to family atmosphere, spectacular view and location. Recommended to all travelers

Friend and I had an absolutely wonderful stay! The common area is both spacious and homey, the kitchen is well-equipped, and the balcony provides a captivating view. It's an easy stroll in/out of Leblon. If it's available and you have the budget, definitely opt for the deluxe room. Best part, though, is we felt super welcomed by the fine folks living and working there! Vivian and her crew are gracious and hospitable. Will return in the future!

It is a one-of-kind hostel with an amazing view on the ocean, great shared living area and kitchen and an amazing staff and atmosphere. The location is about 10 minutes walk from Leblon and Vidigal. The area seemed perfectly safe to me. I had a great time here and hope to return some time.

The staff is very nice ! Among various things, when I left the hostal I needed a taxi to drive me to the bus station, and they helped me, phoning a taxi who was a friend of them and who nicely drove me there for a cheap price.

• 14th Feb 2015

A nice hostel in Rio if you are looking for something different than the usual Ipanema and Copacabana. The location is not ideal for travelling in the rest of the city, it is a bit further out than other hostels. However the view from the hostel balcony is amazing and there is a beautiful little beach just under the hostel which is really worth going to! The staff were all very friendly. Could have been a bit cleaner. Also wifi did not work in my room.

Great location and views. I felt safe walking around the hostel, including late at night. The room was comfortable and other facilities were all good. The breakfast was nothing special but was sufficient. Thanks for helping provide a great time in Rio!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels