Solar Chacara Hostel Reviews

Av Niemeyer 180, Estrada do Vidigal 701, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Friend and I had an absolutely wonderful stay! The common area is both spacious and homey, the kitchen is well-equipped, and the balcony provides a captivating view. It's an easy stroll in/out of Leblon. If it's available and you have the budget, definitely opt for the deluxe room. Best part, though, is we felt super welcomed by the fine folks living and working there! Vivian and her crew are gracious and hospitable. Will return in the future!

It is a one-of-kind hostel with an amazing view on the ocean, great shared living area and kitchen and an amazing staff and atmosphere. The location is about 10 minutes walk from Leblon and Vidigal. The area seemed perfectly safe to me. I had a great time here and hope to return some time.

The staff is very nice ! Among various things, when I left the hostal I needed a taxi to drive me to the bus station, and they helped me, phoning a taxi who was a friend of them and who nicely drove me there for a cheap price.

• 14th Feb 2015

A nice hostel in Rio if you are looking for something different than the usual Ipanema and Copacabana. The location is not ideal for travelling in the rest of the city, it is a bit further out than other hostels. However the view from the hostel balcony is amazing and there is a beautiful little beach just under the hostel which is really worth going to! The staff were all very friendly. Could have been a bit cleaner. Also wifi did not work in my room.

Great location and views. I felt safe walking around the hostel, including late at night. The room was comfortable and other facilities were all good. The breakfast was nothing special but was sufficient. Thanks for helping provide a great time in Rio!

This was an amazing hostel in Rio. Vivienne, our host, was extremely welcoming, very friendly and very helpful. We really enjoyed meeting her. We stayed in the private room with en suite bath, and the view from the room onto the beach was breathtaking. The shower and facilities were great, and I strongly recommend this hostel.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Couple, 41+

I stayed with Solar Chacara between 30 dec and 4 jan. Although the Hostel seemed a bit far away from everything, it's actually very close to Leblon and Ipanema. The bus stop was just down the street and buses come very frequent,or I could just have a small walk. The staff was amazing (thanks guys). They made me feel welcome and were very helpful. The Hostel has an amazing view of the sea, from the mutual balcony, where I could have breakfast or a drink in the evening I will definitely stay..

• 30th Dec 2014
  • phermkens6569

Very friendly and helpful staff, they helped us carrying our suitcases and offered us cake when they had a birthday party. Location is also very good 10 minute walk from Leblon beach they have a beautiful view. I do have two small improvements. During our 6 night stay the room/bathroom was only cleaned one time. And the breakfast could have been a little bit more varied, some more fresh products would have been nice.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels