Solar Chacara Hostel Reviews

Av Niemeyer 180, Estrada do Vidigal 701, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

It is a one-of-kind hostel with an amazing view on the ocean, great shared living area and kitchen and an amazing staff and atmosphere. The location is about 10 minutes walk from Leblon and Vidigal. The area seemed perfectly safe to me. I had a great time here and hope to return some time.

The staff is very nice ! Among various things, when I left the hostal I needed a taxi to drive me to the bus station, and they helped me, phoning a taxi who was a friend of them and who nicely drove me there for a cheap price.

• 14th Feb 2015

Great location and views. I felt safe walking around the hostel, including late at night. The room was comfortable and other facilities were all good. The breakfast was nothing special but was sufficient. Thanks for helping provide a great time in Rio!

This was an amazing hostel in Rio. Vivienne, our host, was extremely welcoming, very friendly and very helpful. We really enjoyed meeting her. We stayed in the private room with en suite bath, and the view from the room onto the beach was breathtaking. The shower and facilities were great, and I strongly recommend this hostel.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Couple, 41+

I stayed with Solar Chacara between 30 dec and 4 jan. Although the Hostel seemed a bit far away from everything, it's actually very close to Leblon and Ipanema. The bus stop was just down the street and buses come very frequent,or I could just have a small walk. The staff was amazing (thanks guys). They made me feel welcome and were very helpful. The Hostel has an amazing view of the sea, from the mutual balcony, where I could have breakfast or a drink in the evening I will definitely stay..

• 30th Dec 2014
  • phermkens6569

Very friendly and helpful staff, they helped us carrying our suitcases and offered us cake when they had a birthday party. Location is also very good 10 minute walk from Leblon beach they have a beautiful view. I do have two small improvements. During our 6 night stay the room/bathroom was only cleaned one time. And the breakfast could have been a little bit more varied, some more fresh products would have been nice.

Very solid alternative to expensive hotels at Ipanema and Copacabana. The view is spectacular and it's just 10 min from Leblon. The private room was ok. Next time will book deluxe. It feels like a home atmosphere and they can even cook for you; breakfast was awesome. Disadvantages are two: (1) cats and dogs in the house - one pied right next to my window; overall you can smell them everywhere - too many, (2) the hostel is right at the bottom of favela and it's not 100% safe.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels