Solar63 Hostel Reviews

Rua Otavio Correia, 63, Porto Alegre, Brazil

Nice hostel, we only stayed one night. Beds were comfortable and bathroom was clean. Highly recommend!

We were here only for 1 night but the staff was really nice for us. They recommend ll kinda of places to eat, party and shop. Cidade baixa is the best place to be in the city as it is full of nice streets and bars and restaurants. Coming home in the middle of the night, the desayuno privado was the best..!

I know why they call it the Solar hostel. It is because the dorm was like a sauna in the day as it seemed that they only put the aircon on at night. Everything else here was pretty cool. But I dont want to stay again in a place without aircon by day.

I've been to several hostels in the area, in the last 5 years, and this is the best ever. Facilities were designed with travelers in mind. Staff is fully hospitality oriented. Price is not a bargain but completely according to market range and, considering the value is the best bang for the buck. About area, simply the best choice considering sightseeing, transit and 'get out/get in' needs.

• 4th Jan 2015

The owner went the extra mile, he took us on a free walking tour, cooked an amazing BBQ and helped us with anything we needed. Highly recommend this hostel.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

Doesn't get much better than this! What a well thought out hostel. Plugs in the lockers, bunk beds bolted to the walls, lots of slats on the beds to hang your stuff, comfy lounge area, outdoor seating, great security, and so much more. The staff are very friendly and most speak great English. What a great atmosphere too! One of the best hostels I've stayed in during my 1 year of travelling around the world. Good work!

A great Hostel with an exceptionally friendly staff who helped us when we were in a pickle with our bus. The hostel is very clean, bbq are common and overall one of the best hostels I've visited in South America. Obrigado

View all Porto Alegre Hostels