Solar63 Hostel

9.3
Superb 226 Total Reviews

1st Feb 2017
7.4

Well put-together hostel with everything you need. Popular with groups of young travelers so quite loud at times. Staff could be more attentive - had to ask every night for the aircon to be turned on when was told it would go on automatically - just small things can improve the experience!

28th Jan 2017
7.4

My stay here was spoiled by the conduct of one of the hostel staff who started interfering in a relationship I made with a Brazilian guest. Insulting me behind my back and trying to get her go with him. I have never experienced this in 58 countries around the world. And for it to be a man of such advanced years... wow... For the hostel owners, it was the older guy with the black hair and glasses. Really shoddy stuff. My locker was broken also.

27th Jan 2017

It is a very nice and clean, organized hostel with helpful staff! Good beds, kitchen and showers. Definitely recommended!

• Northern Ireland, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
25th Jan 2017

Very helpful and friendly staff. Good wifi and good beds. Well worth a visit

• England, Male, 25-30
22nd Jan 2017

Amazing hostel! The staff and owner are very friendly and informative. Great location and facilities. Would recommend!

• England, Female, 25-30
16th Jan 2017

Don't just pass through porto alegre, stay here a few nights! This hostel has such a nice atmosphere. Clean, modern, light, comfortable, really well put together, incl individual sockets in each locker and by each bed, and air con in the bedrooms at night. Also v good wifi. And the staff are so welcoming and friendly, the owner loves his city and wants to share it with everyone, even took us on a free walking tour, and to a great bar just around the corner. I really recommend this place.

• Germany, All Female Group, 25-30
19th Dec 2016

Super friendly and welcoming staff! The facilities of the house are ideal for backpackers, though the breakfast is not backpacker level ... Could also be served in a hotel!! We enjoyed the city tour, led by the boss himself, and the Samba bar he also took us too. We could not have had a better experience on our first two days in Brazil, this was a really warm welcome. Obrigada!

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
26th Nov 2016

This place is amazing!! The owner of the hostel is incredibly nice, he cooked us a huge dinner which was probably the nicest food I've had whilst travelling, he then took us out to have a look at all the bars and clubs to have a beer with us! The hostel itself is really nice, with a really lovely kitchen and outside area to hang out in and the wifi is so so good!! The one thing I would note is that there was no aircon in our room so it was very very hot and hard to sleep, apart from that 10/10

• Australia, Male, 18-24
25th Nov 2016

Really great hostel. Clean, good location and fantastic staff!

7th Nov 2016

Great place to stay in a great location! The staff were all very friendly, and went out of their way to help travelers with any difficulties they encountered. After arriving at 7:00am from a 20h trip, I was allowed to check-in early and go right to sleep, which was fabulous. The staff were always cleaning, even when everything was already clean -- the place was absolutely spotless! I know I'll be back the next time I'm in Porto Alegre!