Solar63 Hostel

Superb 242 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 242 Total Reviews

18th Apr 2017

This place was awesome. Lots of social areas with great vibes. The staff was amazing. They would do anything to make you have a great stay and took time to get to know you. The facilities were perfect. Everything was always fully stocked (was happy to always have soap in the bathrooms). Everything was clean and the showers were really nice. The beds were comfortable and the rooms had AC if you need it. I hope to visit again.

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
9th Mar 2017

One of the best hostels I have stayed in in 3 month of traveling. The stuff is super friendly and helpful. The kitchen is well equipped and even tho it says the kitchen could only be used from 11am to 10pm it wasn't a problem at all that I cooked breakfast. I was able to take a shower after the check out. Definitely 100% recommended!!!

• England, Couple, 18-24
7th Mar 2017

We were welcomed to the hostel by the great staff who were able to tell us everything about the area and what to do etc. Hostel itself is located in a student area so there's lots of bars and is within walking distance to the centre. Hostel is clean with plenty of space to chill in and outside. However rooms are very compact and breakfast is a bit basic (toast + fruit). Really enjoyed the recommended pastels at 'Artisan Pastels' nearby (just ask staff)!

• iantanjf
  • Malaysia, Male, 18-24
2nd Mar 2017

My experience with Solar 63 was a great one. Even though I only stayed a night, the hostel made me feel very welcome! Highlight of my trip was when the owner brought us on a free walking tour around Porto Alegre, I learned so much about the city and met new friends even though my initial thought was just a short layover.

1st Feb 2017
7.4

Well put-together hostel with everything you need. Popular with groups of young travelers so quite loud at times. Staff could be more attentive - had to ask every night for the aircon to be turned on when was told it would go on automatically - just small things can improve the experience!

Dear guest, have you ever heard about global warming and rational use of natural resources ? If so, that´s why we just turn on ACs at night on guest´s request. Otherwise it would be a waste of energy. Please consider this next time you review such policies our poor world is in great need ;) Cheers

28th Jan 2017
7.4

My stay here was spoiled by the conduct of one of the hostel staff who started interfering in a relationship I made with a Brazilian guest. Insulting me behind my back and trying to get her go with him. I have never experienced this in 58 countries around the world. And for it to be a man of such advanced years... wow... For the hostel owners, it was the older guy with the black hair and glasses. Really shoddy stuff. My locker was broken also.

• laszlohajba885538
  • Hungary, Male, 25-30
27th Jan 2017

It is a very nice and clean, organized hostel with helpful staff! Good beds, kitchen and showers. Definitely recommended!

• Northern Ireland, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
25th Jan 2017

Very helpful and friendly staff. Good wifi and good beds. Well worth a visit

• England, Male, 25-30
22nd Jan 2017

Amazing hostel! The staff and owner are very friendly and informative. Great location and facilities. Would recommend!

• England, Female, 25-30
16th Jan 2017

Don't just pass through porto alegre, stay here a few nights! This hostel has such a nice atmosphere. Clean, modern, light, comfortable, really well put together, incl individual sockets in each locker and by each bed, and air con in the bedrooms at night. Also v good wifi. And the staff are so welcoming and friendly, the owner loves his city and wants to share it with everyone, even took us on a free walking tour, and to a great bar just around the corner. I really recommend this place.