Solar63 Hostel Reviews

Rua Otavio Correia, 63, Porto Alegre, Brazil

Really good place, great staff, good location

• 31st Jan 2016

I really loved to stay at the Solar 63, the atmosphere is great, the service was very good and delighted me. The location is good for those who need public transport to get around and there are many bars and restaurants near the Hostel.

Located in one of the most bohemian neighborhood in town, next to a big green park and not too far from main bus terminal. PRooms and bathrooms were small but new. Airco is on only at night. Breakfast was really nice. Totally worth it.

Gostei muito do atendimento de todos os funcionários do hostel. O dono Everton, muito simpático, me fez me sentir em casa. Marília, Edu também além de muito prestativos são muito gente boa. A sala do hostel é ótima. Mas confesso que não gostei de 2 coisas: 1) o quarto piá que eu tinha reservado para ter mais privacidade por ter apenas 4 camas não tinha janela, então era impossível tirar um cochilo à tarde pois o AC só é ligado à noite. 2) a falta de duchas higiênicas nos sanitários.

Close to a beautiful park, bars, restaurants and also the sightseeing bus, which is worth taking. Awesome staff, good english, organized a typical BBQ, very helpful about tourism. Nice, relaxed atmosphere, good to get to know people. Plenty breakfast (toast, fruits, cake, muesli..). No air conditioning in the cheapest dorm! Just fans, be aware. Clean dorms and bathrooms. Organized kitchen. A PC would have been nice.

• 12th Jan 2016

Nice and clean facility. Very helpful and kind staff. I enjoyed my stay here. Hostel is kept clean and especially linens smelled good! Free chimarrao (mate) is a plus! They even gave me a free glass of caipirinha

Best mattresses in South America ;) Highly recommendable!

nice place. really good location, staff very helpful, very friendly, absolutely make you feel at home and all speak english really well! same gave really good tips, some unfortunately gave wrong information/ didnt really know what to recommend to do besides the "main-things" every travel guide tells you (but mainly good tips) breakfast is only till 09:30 which I personally dislike. ;) would stay here again!

I Spent a week at Solar 63. It's a good location to be settled, near downtown and AT a party neighborhood, the Cidade Baixa of Porto Alegre. Staff is always attentious and the facilities are clean and ready to receive you!

It is a good hostel in the central. Most things are in a walkable distance from the hostel. When I stayed it wasn't that many young people but that probably changes back and fourth. Clean and comfortable beds with outlets by every bed, at least in our room. Common rooms both inside and outside.

We had a really nice stay in Solar63. Rooms and bathrooms are clean. We had an awesome city tour guided by one of the hostel owners, thanks a lot. So you can see the best from Porto Alegre. Great atmosphere in the community rooms. Bars are just a corner away. But it's quiet in the hostel, don't worry. We used Porto Alegre just as a break between a flight and a bus drive and never thought it's that interesting. Great stay!

• 10th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The hostel is great and has a very good location. It is clean, staff is iincredibly helpful. I had the misfortune of going through an almost robbery situation twice on the streets nearby, so this is something you should be aware, altough the security of the hostel itself is good.

The staff has been great: all of the members gave me all the advices I need to know better the city, and I can borrow an umbrella for the rainy days. The cleanliness is remarkable. I spent great days in Solar 63!

Excellent hostel. Great location, amazing atmosphere, and very very cool staff.

Very pleasent stay indeed. Staff's pretty warm and efficient. Clean, modern and well-located. No complains about bedroom or bathrooms. Oh, europeans will find the breakfast simply awesome. And, yeah, nice place to make friends too. In short, definitely worth the while!

View all Porto Alegre Hostels