Solscape Eco Retreat

8.4
Fabulous 77 Total Reviews

• New Zealand, Female, 41+
26th May 2017

Very comfortable bed! No lamp by bed so have to get up to turn out light. Awesome effort to reduce waste with recycling, clearly mrked different bins. Saw dimwit lazy guest using wrong bin shamelessly. I think i must have used the summer showers? Nice warm common room. No power socket in cabin. Common room has power to charge phones. Nice fresh air and several beautiful native birds around. Yummy fresh veges. Wasnt sure if we coul eat them so didnt. Quiet at night.

• k-b143376
  • England, Female, 18-24
2nd Apr 2017

The most relaxing place I stayed throughout my time in NZ. Bit out of town but loved it!!

22nd Feb 2017

What a fantastic setting!! Had a very relaxing and rejuvenating experience. Highly recommend this place to everyone!

10th Feb 2017

Considering the size of the facility and that some camper van guests can also use the facilities, the kitchen is rather small. It is a bit of a inconvenience there are no power outlets in the dorms, but you know that signing up. My three bed dorm was clean and comfortable. Views from the cafe and lounge area in the front of the hostel are the best in NZ!

• USA, Male, 25-30
9th Jan 2017
5.1

the caboose room was terrible, pretty run down and my mattress was shaped like a taco, very thin in the middle. To top it off sand flies were bitting me all night each night. I finally complained and asked to move beds and the front desk basically told my it was my problem. They were refusing to refund me for my last night as I wanted to leave but finally came around but kept 3 percent. Would recommend the campsite as the spot is awesome but would NEVER stay in a bunk bed here again.