Som Guesthouse Reviews

52/14,RAT-U-THIT RD.,PATONG, Kathu, Phuket, Thailand

Great location, only five minutes from the beach and about 10 minutes from the main nightlife. Close but far away enough to not be in the craziness of Patong. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We arrived at nighttime and there was someone waiting for us outside of the hostel. I had to use the phone when I lost my card and they were great. The room was spacious with excellent air con and they replaced the towels and made our bed everyday. Would stay here again. Great wifi as well.

When I arrived I was brought to my own room which I wasn't expecting and it was a nice surprise. I had my own bed, television, mini fridge and bathroom. I also lost my ring while I was there and two of the staff members came with me to my room and helped me rip it apart to try and find it. Though we didn't I really appreciated the help. The owner was super sweet and drove me to the airport himself. They brought you fresh towels everyday. Overall a great hospitality experience. I will stay again.

Very nice place with a very helpful and friendly owner!

Very good location. Not too far from the Beach and also very close to the "main street" with lots of Restaurants, Bars, Super Markets and about 15 min to walk to Bangla Road. Good price for this location, very friendly stuff and possibility to book Airport-Transfer Mini-Bus or Taxi and any kind of Tours. Rooms are clean and have Air Condition.

Everything was nice and clean. Good quiet location (just few minutes walk from the beach and clubs). Very friendly staff. Very good wifi in room + aircon and fridge... a little plus: they give you 2 free bottles of water every day.

Good Place to stay if you travel alone, bed, tv, bathroom, aircondition.

Owner, Mr Cho, was so lovely! He was very helpful and kind. Hostel is located very close to everything, about a 5 minute walk to anything, but was far away enough that you can actually sleep! There are no lockers etc in the room but I was in a private room. Beds are lovely and comfortable. rooms are up a few flights of stairs so be prepared to heave your luggage up the stairs. Bathroom was nice but I don't think it was properly cleaned as there was hair blocking the drain that was not mine

Stayed for one night. The staff were very helpful in answering all my queries. A little far from the main scene of Patong but that allowed me to have a good sleep. Wifi in the room was really poor.

Friendly staff! Decent size room and good location

At the beginning the owners were terrible, I had no idea why, maybe some guests slipped the rent which made them too nervous, anyway they really scared my family. Afterwards I found out that the male owner ( a old guy) was not actually that mean. The staffs were very friendly, both a young girl and a boy, the boy helped me with two big luggages. It was overall not a bad choice.

Everything rated as average as unable to properly rate hostel. Booked on hostel world although on arrival the hostel stated they had no rooms left. They took us across the road to a similar hostel for the same price which was nice enough so didn't really trouble us too much as we were only staying one night

Really nice place, close enough to walk to everywhere within a cpl of mins but set back off the road so quiet enough to get some sleep! Really clean, and the staff were really helpful!

The room was large and had plenty of places to store stuff but not enough places to dry our beach gear. Our room had an outside light on the other side of a thin curtain but we got in late enough to sleep through it. Wifi was painful to connect to but once it got going it was ok. The location was good and bad, good in that we were really close to the beach and nightlife, bad because it faced onto a carpark. Air condition was a bit annoying as it was only worked in half the room.