Some Rooms Backpacker Reviews

38A Russell St, West End, Brisbane, Australia

No security lockers provided. No duvet provided only sheets which was too cold. No towel provided unless requested and paid for. Not great atmosphere but good enough for one night. Very helpful staff once you call for them on the phone in the hallway. No reception.

It's a good place to stay if you want something basic and clean! The owner wasn't around much, but super friendly and always just a phonecall away. It surprised me that he texted me the morning I arrived about where I could find the key. It was in a small locker with a lock that he texted me the code for. Surprising, but worked very well. Hostel is in a good place in West End near a big supermarket. Would definetly recommend the place!

• 2nd Apr 2015

When I arrived person was ver unhelpful and did not look happy. Rooms were very stuffy even though there was a fan for 5 . There was only one fridge between 5 which was unhygienic in the room. Lack of space to eat people eating in room nowhere else to chill out bathroom was dirty hairs in the showers Mold on walls etc kitchen was no better it was dirty. Beds had plastic covers on mattered which is not good considering how hot it was No local information eg local map

Really standard rooms, nothing special at all, but OK for a couple of days.

The owner is a great guy. I'm a sucker for hostel owners that know me by name. He wa really helpful and made sure people were comfortable and happy with their stay. I would definitely stay here again.

• 14th Mar 2015

Good showers and WiFi. Wish the kitchen and bathroom had been cleaned more often. Checking in was awkward and weird since Patrick is only at the hostel on weekdays in the afternoon. No common room and no AC. Possums love to come into your room if you leave the door/windows open to steal food. Patrick is very nice and flexible. I would probably stay here again. Take the downsides in stride as a backpacker and the price is cheap. If you want luxury amenities, stay in a hotel. Location is the best.

• 28th Feb 2015

This hostel is good if you want to stay long term in Brisbane (weeks/months) good location to the south bank and trendy boundary street good value the kitchen wasn't particularly clean but it was ok

This is one of the best hostels we've ever been at the east coast! The staff is very friendly, free WiFi and the hostel was clean. We had a own fridge in our room and enough space for 2 huge backpacks. We will definetely stay again in this hostel!

The location is in a great place in the West End and you can walk to the South Bank (10 min) and city center (20 min). The rooms are clean and I stayed in the largest room so plenty of space. The small fridge in the room was an excellent addition too. Staff were friendly when they were around and there was free wifi. Security was lacking though. There are no lockers at all and the balcony door was rather flimsy. It also got really hot in the room with just a fan and no AC. Good stay overall.

Best hostel me and my friend have stayed in & we've been travelling 15 months!! Great location in the West End, really close to South Bank & CBD! This is a cosy, clean, secure & noise free hostel with great facilities! The kitchen/bathrooms are very clean, 2 ovens in the kitchen, tv & a sofa!! Rooms are very nice and beds have proper mattress!! The owner Patrick is amazing! So lovely and welcoming! Free (good) Wifi and would 100% be back again! -Thank you Patrick for our stay!

I had a really good time staying here and the owner Patrick was super nice. He gave us a fan for our room and because it was a bit old went out the next day and bought us a new one.