Some Rooms Backpacker Reviews

38A Russell St, West End, Brisbane, Australia

Despite my poor rating this hostel wasn't awful. The rooms were good and beds comfortable. Fridges in the rooms were handy as well. I just felt the hostel itself was rather antiquated. The cookers need replacing badly and there is no real common room or social space. The showers are ok but not the cleanest. Barely saw the staff as the reception is hardly ever manned and I struggled to check in and extend my stay. Value for money however was good.

Property wasn't clean, the walls and ceiling of many of the rooms had a lot of mould on them. Staff where not apparent and Patrick was only around briefly

really good: personal pick-up, access to balcony, one fridge per room, familiar size

This is a great little hostel the only bad thing about it is there is no air conditioning

• 25th Nov 2015

Absolutely lovely hostel. I really liked the quiet and relaxed atmosphere. Patrick was just great so helpful with everything. Defenetly will be back one day. :)

• 23rd Nov 2015

A small, quiet and cozy hostel conveniently located near the city centre and shops.

I found the place to be below the standard I have used in many places in Aus and o/s using YHA. It was quite apparent on my check in that the place was a project in progress with building internally going on???? My room was ok and other facilities were suitable for what I needed to stay in. I will consider carefully going back there in the short term.

The mattress is REALLY GOOD!!! Thumb up!.

• 15th Oct 2015
  • Singapore

The rooms were just what we needed, Patrick was really nice and helpful! The toilets were nice compared to other hostels I've been in! EveryThing was nice and clean, minus the kitchen, but that's more down to the cleaning standards of occupants. Really enjoyed our stay though, the location was amazing!

Very friendly staff. Very entrap to Westend you have to go to he night market. Fella was very sincere and helpful. Would go ack again for sure. And not a party hostel which was relaxing to say he least.

Patrick, it's a matter of respect to provide your guests with a clean space. Sticky floors & lockers, stains on walls & ceilings, smelly microwave, mold in showerheads. And when I told him, he said I could leave if I wanted. Dude. If a customer tells you something's wrong, it's your job to fix it, yes? And I don't appreciate having to chase the owner by phone. Other guests left the same day they arrived, it was that gross. I'm shocked at the positive reviews. Either lower prices or get staff.

Hi, Thank you for your feedback, we have since rectified all your areas of concerns. The bathroom ceiling have been repainted, the kitchen floor and benchtop have been scrubbed. And I'm sorry you have took my suggestion the wrong way when I offered you the opportunity to cancel your booking without any penalty. I just do not want my guests to feel they are obliged to stay at our hostel when they are not happy with the rooms. Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback.