Some Rooms Backpacker Reviews

38A Russell St, West End, Brisbane, Australia

Was clean and tidy. Our room had a light shining in from the foyer right onto my bed which made it difficult to sleep. A fridge in the foyer was humming all night adding to the sleeplessness. Loud vacuum-type sounds going at small hrs of the morning stopping us from sleeping. A gap under the door to outside letting all the cold in. In room fridge was loud too. Also you are given your own toilet paper to use Other than that, it came with a couple of extra blankets and kitchen was alright.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

some rooms is a great place to meet friends. I had a great time there, having dinner party, hang out together. Staffs are all super nice and of course patrick as well. it feels like a big family and it definitely goes to one of my best backpackers I have ever stay!!

• 7th Jul 2014
  • China

Helpful location,15mins easy walk to centre.Difficult to find as no sign or number on the house.There's no formal reception

If you're looking for basic, clean accommodation with no frills, but only a 15 minute walk to the CBD via South Bank, then this is the place for you. It is a very utilitarian place, but very functional, and a good start point to explore the city and maybe search for more permanent accommodation .Patrick the owner is very nice and helpful. While we were there we met a good mix of fellow travellers from Hong Kong, Taiwan, Germany and Ireland (we are English.) It is on the edge of the West End.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

SomeRooms is a great place to stay if you are looking for more long term accommodation or a break from partying. Positives: Quiet, very clean

This is a small hostel, which makes it easy to meet people, and is a short walk from the CBD. The place is quieter than the average hostel, and can lack a bit of atmosphere, but is a good alternative to Brisbane's party hostels. The hostel was very clean and the kitchen is large with plenty of equipment, hobs & ovens. There is fee wifi, a big bonus, and the manager was very helpful. A bit more could be made of the communal space in middle of the building (some sofas & tourist info perhaps?)

This is a nice clean hostel in a great location. Perfect if you are wanting to be in a quiet place. Own locker in room and doors for the dorm are security tags. Clean tidy kitchen. The staff below the hostel were helpful in a bit of a crazy time as the owner had just had a baby so couldn't be around so much. Would definitely stay there again.

Patrick is very helpful in managing such a easy-going hostel, but he is not staying at the place to take over all staff. It is no problem to get in tough with him continuously. However, the night I arrived I could not find him because I did not have an local number. Only with the help of other people around could I get in. So if you arrive at midnight, maybe you should contact in advance. The value for the place considering the rate is good. However, to make friends there is less space.

I had a lovely stay in this hostel. It was very clean and quiet with good kitchen facilities. Although not a party hostel, everyone I met was very friendly. The manager made me feel very welcome and went out of his way to help me with whatever I needed. The free wifi was a real bonus and it's really fast. My room had lockers, a fridge and a balcony, which I really liked. Coles is only a five minute walk away too. It made my time in Brisbane hassle-free, thank you!

• 19th Feb 2014