Some Rooms Backpacker Reviews

38A Russell St, West End, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

This is a small hostel, which makes it easy to meet people, and is a short walk from the CBD. The place is quieter than the average hostel, and can lack a bit of atmosphere, but is a good alternative to Brisbane's party hostels. The hostel was very clean and the kitchen is large with plenty of equipment, hobs & ovens. There is fee wifi, a big bonus, and the manager was very helpful. A bit more could be made of the communal space in middle of the building (some sofas & tourist info perhaps?)

This is a nice clean hostel in a great location. Perfect if you are wanting to be in a quiet place. Own locker in room and doors for the dorm are security tags. Clean tidy kitchen. The staff below the hostel were helpful in a bit of a crazy time as the owner had just had a baby so couldn't be around so much. Would definitely stay there again.

I had a lovely stay in this hostel. It was very clean and quiet with good kitchen facilities. Although not a party hostel, everyone I met was very friendly. The manager made me feel very welcome and went out of his way to help me with whatever I needed. The free wifi was a real bonus and it's really fast. My room had lockers, a fridge and a balcony, which I really liked. Coles is only a five minute walk away too. It made my time in Brisbane hassle-free, thank you!

• 19th Feb 2014

The bunk beds were horrible. They weren't stable but trembling. The trash bin from the kitchen disappeared somewhere? Some other guests liked to take the chairs from kitchen to their own room as well as some dishes. The free food section had seasonings, oil etc. which was awesome. There was also plastic containers for storaging food!