Soph & Chris Northern Backpackers Reviews

Agias Theklas 12, Monastiraki, Athens, Greece

Needs to be cleaned better.

Sent them an email to fix a mistake I made, and got a very speedy response. Superb location. Free breakfast at the rooftop bar that gives a good view of the Acropolis, and they sell dinner too, for a reasonable price. Had my best mousaka there. Cleanliness of the toilet was just so-so. Plenty of space between dorm beds, good a/c. WiFi is only available at the lobby, but it's a nice place to hang around.

We stayed in a private room, was an awesome place, would stay again. Ps don't try and get in the elevator with your packs on.... Makes for a very interesting ride lol

Alex is awesome!! No real complaints about this hostel it is really nice and I would definitely stay here again.

If you want to take a breathe you should pay money in this hostel.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

Checking in took a while and the hostels are average for what you pay for. Wifi was weak at reception. Although the location to the Athens main sight seeing destinations was the hostels strong point.

Sketchy, but otherwise ok. Some rude staff, but could have just been a language barrier.

Awesome location - within walking distance of all the attractions. However, I didn't feel the building or room were very secure - anybody could have gotten in if they wanted to. The room wasn't all that clean and the only thing separating the shower from the room was a shower curtain which might be ok if you're sharing the room with a bunch of friends but not a mixed dorm with complete strangers. I'm glad I ended up staying only one night.

Hostel in great location, right next to cafe/bars, easy to find. Free breakfast on rooftop cafe was awesome..bar/restaurant all day with good cheap food.. Rooms really good, had lockers but u need ur own lock. Had balcony with view of parthenon. only downfall was the fluro lights everyone had for a night light which lit the whole room & wifi in common area only which is in a diff building..

An 8 bed dorm was good as the beds are spread out and there is enough space for everyones things. Breakfast included you just have yo go across to the neighbouring hostel. Unfortunately your keycard wont work in their main door and you have to wait for them to let you in.

Best staff, amazing free walking tour every morning that is super fun and gives you all you need to know about the city. Highly recommend this place. Would definitely come again!

The hostel is in a great location, couldn't be better. The terrace is really nice to hang out and they have good meals there as well. The room is good, they have normal beds and you will not get hot in there. The shower and toilet are really poor, they work and everything but its nothing comfortable. The wifi is just working at the reception and sometimes you take a little time to be able to connect.

Rooftop bar is awesome, reception too, but, the room was overcrowded and very hot. If you dont mind for a couple of nights is perfect, but I wouldnt stay there longer.

This is easily the nicest hostel I have ever stayed at. It's a little out of the way, but the city bus is a ten minute walk away and a great way to get around. My two friends and I agreed that we would book here again if we were lucky enough to go to Santorini again!

So we booked a 4 person dorm but when we checked in we were put in a 6 bed dorm with out being told.. So we thought that maybe there will be only 4 in a room.. This was incorrect as 2 others arrived at midnight.. In the morning we asked what had happened and they said because they were busy we were put in a 6 dorm. Which was fine However we were still charged for a 4 person dorm which I felt was not right.

The shared structure with the AthenaStyle Hostel is amazing. The staff is very helpfull and the location couldn't be better. But the room e bathroom structure are very bad. The aircon doesn't work. The shower is just terrible, very terrible. Doesn't work well or stop the water from nathin. But, if you can ignore that, the hostel is amazing. I would come Back there, but staying in the AthenaStyle rooms instead.

• 6th Aug 2014

Awesome location!!! But only wifi at the next buildig where the reception is...

The location of this hostel was great. The staff for the most part was very helpful and friendly. The hostel had a great rooftop bar, but it was a bit hard to socialize as it was more of a bar feeling than a hostel. The wifi was absolutely terrible, no big deal that it didn't work in room, but in the common room it was restricted very strangely. Google occasionally didn't work as well as other major sites and it made it quite hard to check simple things for your travels.

I really loved this hostel! That view, you just can not beat it. I made friends with the bartender whom I would love to see in California. This hostel has a very friendly atmosphere and along with beautiful people working here. I highly recommend it for those making a trip to Athens. The location, views, staff, and draft were just something I would like every hostel to have. GO TO THIS HOSTEL! :)

Good points - rooftop bar was fun, location was good ... But The experience was marred because the air conditioner was almost non existant - so i couldnt sleep as i was sweating. The wifi was only in the reception and the showers were the worst ever.. There are definitly better places!