Soph & Chris Northern Backpackers Reviews

Agias Theklas 12, Monastiraki, Athens, Greece

Great staff. Amazing location. Breakfast was womderful. I'd stay here again

The hostel is located in buzzing area of the city. You have flea market, main shopping street and restaurant/bars street nearby. It´s also little bit noisy area especially Saturday night. The hostel has cool atmosphere of travelling backpackers where you can meet people from all over the world.

Good location Not good kitchen (too small) I dont know about rufe top Nd breakfadt

We stayed here two nights for a flying visit of Athens. Location is pretty wonderful, nice and close to The Acropolis, a number of bars and cafes, and public transport. This hostel shares a number of facilities with a neighbouring hostel which is a little confusing at first, but actually makes sense. Their is nothing particularly special about this hostel, but if you are looking for a clean and comfortable bed, fairly clean bathroom facilities, and a descent breakfast then this place will do.

I'd recommend a stay here as we really enjoyed it! Great location and a wonderful atmosphere in the hostel. Only negatives: uncomfortable beds and bugs in the room.

I booked with Soph and Chris but seemed to just stay in Athens Style instead which was fine by me. Staff were really friendly, room was really clean, good atmosphere, very secure with keycards for entrance to building and room, and also larger lockers in room. Also excellent location, walking distance to almost everything in Athens. Only major downside was the wifi wasn't available in rooms and even in the lobby it wasn't very good.

We spent 2 nights in Atenas, the first one we stayed in a 4 beds room, we were 3 girls, that night a boy was going in and out to the room and finally he stay in his bed with a lady, it is supposed that they have cameras in the hostel, but the girl past the night in a single bed with a boy. I do not like this hostel at all.

The main building where the reception, common area and rooftop bar/breakfast area are located is really nice and I imagine the rooms there reflect it. However the hostel has extended into the building next door which feels like you're sleeping in some abandoned apartment building and I sincerely hope the hostel intends to fully remake this section soon because it's just weird. Bathroom doors didn't lock, the rooms reeked of cigarette smoke, and it overall had just a creepy vibe.

Soph & Chris are in the perfect location for all the main sights. I picked this place because of the roof bar -- and it did not disappoint. It was perfect getting to lounge on the roof with a beer watching the sunset over the Acropolis before heading out for dinner. Only complaint was that beds were a little squeaky. Otherwise - fantastic.

We really enjoyed our stay, they even got us some wine and other food items for my partner who has food allergies, very nice touch. The place was large and spacious, quiet and private.

Amazing location in Monstriaki. It's a great hostel overall. The only thing that bothered me was the paid lockers for storing baggage before check-in or post check-out. Breakfast is basic but the rooftop terrace is nice. Not sure if this might be an issue with dorms on the 1st floor but people seemed to stand outside my dorm (105) and chat loudly post partying between 4-6am, so I didn't get much sleep.

Needs to be cleaned better.

Sent them an email to fix a mistake I made, and got a very speedy response. Superb location. Free breakfast at the rooftop bar that gives a good view of the Acropolis, and they sell dinner too, for a reasonable price. Had my best mousaka there. Cleanliness of the toilet was just so-so. Plenty of space between dorm beds, good a/c. WiFi is only available at the lobby, but it's a nice place to hang around.

The room was better than expected, we were in an 8-bed female dorm, and had a private bathroom and a terrace, which was nice. The bed mattress however was horrible, bent in the middle. The bathroom small and could use some refurbishing. An Indian person who we've checked in and out with, was very rude and seemed to have no patience with any guest. The breakfast was a joke: dry bread with a jelly-wannabe-jam, and coffee that was just brown water... All in all, ok for a few nights sleeping only.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

We stayed in a private room, was an awesome place, would stay again. Ps don't try and get in the elevator with your packs on.... Makes for a very interesting ride lol

I stayed in "Santorini" one night and "Milos" another night. Pros: LOCATION! atmosphere, busabout come through here so its always quite lively full of people, close to attractions and sites, many restaurants and options close by, SUPER close to the train station (convenient if staying one night), Cons: bathrooms arent great but adequate - everything works, definitely recommend it if your aim is to site see and be in the centre of the city

Alex is awesome!! No real complaints about this hostel it is really nice and I would definitely stay here again.

If you want to take a breathe you should pay money in this hostel.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

Checking in took a while and the hostels are average for what you pay for. Wifi was weak at reception. Although the location to the Athens main sight seeing destinations was the hostels strong point.

Sketchy, but otherwise ok. Some rude staff, but could have just been a language barrier.

« first « Prev 1 2 3