Sophie's Hostel Reviews

Melounova 2, Prague, Czech Republic

Very unique place! Recommended (also Czech Inn Hostel at Francouzska - near Krymska - street)

Clean, super neat, everything you need. The bar is alright, atmosphere is pretty boring, but that might just be the offseason

Thank you for your honest feedback! We are happy, that you find our hostel clean and neat. But regarding the atmosphere being boring. You are totally right, it is off season, so unfortunately there is not that much tourists in Prague. But we find it great time for backpackers to just chill and relax a little bit from the tourists crowed. Also we actually have lots of different events going on almost every evening. For example free pancake nights, game nights, evening walking tours. So we hope, that next time you have chance to attend on some events and have some fun with other travelers. Have safe travels!:)

Great value hostel in a pretty good location away from many tourist traps. Everything is within walking distance. Happy hour was good with 1 Euro beers. Cute reception staff as well.

Thank you for your time to leave us feedback!:) Great that you had good time and had chance to try our super cheap Happy Hour beer. Have safe travels and come back soon!

Loved this hostel! Interior is clean and crisp but still has the "Prague charm". Amazing happy hour deal 1€ for a beer. Staff was so much fun and helpful, game night was amazing! Free walking tour everyday was the best. Breakfast not included and a little expensive but the options are plentiful. Location a little far from old town but totally walkable. Bed comfortable. Room big with high ceilings. Clean bathrooms. Only con is the squeaky door to the bedroom, really really loud! Thank you!!!

We love your feedback!!!:) So positive and honest in same time. Thank you for that! And we will make sure to fix the squeaky door, so it will not bother our guests anymore. We wish you safe travels and hopefully your travels will bring you back to Prague soon!

Loved Sophie's! Very clean and the staff were awesome! Need to take the tram to old town (which is very easy) but there's a great Czech restaurant 2 blocks away that brews their own beer (which is delicious). Bar is a great area to hang and meet people. Would definitely recommend!

One of the best hostels we've stayed in. The staff were so friendly as soon as we walked in the door. We had a wonderful stay. The kitchen was awesome as the bedrooms were lovely and spacious.

so so nice hostel!it is like a home and tidy!

awww...thank you for such a cute feedback! We really try hard every day to make our guest feel like at home. We wish you all the best to your travels and make sure to visit us soon again!

Great vibes and best shower ever!!

Good, that you liked our rain head showers! Have safe travels and visit us again soon!:)

Amazing staff. They were very friendly and helpful in giving directions and making you feel comfortable.

Thank you for appreciating our team!:) We are really proud to have such a great team working at Sophie's!

The bathroom of the room wasn't clear.

Thank you for your time to leave us honest feedback! Our housekeeping team is trying their best to keep our rooms and bathrooms clean any time, but as you were staying in 13 bed male dormitory, then we have to admit, that sometimes after 13 people using bathrooms and toilets, they might get dirty. For next time, we would highly recommend you smaller dormitories, so the bathrooms would be used by less guests. We wish you all the best for your travels and we will be looking forward to your next visit!:)

the sound proof of the room is not good enough. and people were so noisy at midnight. the smell in the room was really bad. suggest to clean the room more thoroughly.

The receptionists were so helpful to me. From helping me get to the metro, to get to the airport, to showing me where everything is in the city. I was robbed while on my way to the hostel. Having my cell phone, all my money, and both my credit stolen I thought I was in trouble. Everything single receptionist helped me. The made me feel like I was there best friend. They bought breakfast for me with their money and helped me contact my card companies and friends for monetary help.

• 7th Jan 2016

We are just very glad, that you got home safe!:) All the best wishes to you and we hope, that you will have chance to visit us soon again!:)

Great place rooms are newly renovated. Shower in the room was fantastic and clean. Bar has cheap beer and good service breakfast was great and runs until noon. I would stay again for sure.

Thank you and we are already looking forward to your next visit to Sophie's!!!:)

Nice hostel- bathroom was lovely. Very warm and nicely finished. Bar area and reception lovely and the staff were helpful. Downside: Wifi didn't work in room.

Thank you for your time and honesty! We are sorry, that you had trouble with Wi-Fi in the room and we are working on it to fix it. But of course very good Wi-Fi connection is always available in our bar/common space, what is opened 24/7 for our guests to chill out. Best wishes and have safe travels!!!

Great hostel. I defensively will stay here again when I come to Prague.

WiFi signal is pretty weak in dorms and it gets disconnected pretty often.

Thank you for your honest feedback! We are sorry, that you had problems with Wi-Fi in the room. But we always guarantee, that the best signal is at our Sophie's bar, where you can always chill out any time during the day or night.:)

Really nice hostel with neat facilities. Just a little bit away from the city center but you can still walk. Staff was friendly and you need to take advantage of the happy hours! Breakfast is a buffet but is a little bit expensive in my opinion. More fancy than a regular hostel.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!:) And of course thank you for taking time to leave us honest feedback about your stay! We are glad, that you had good time at Sophie's hostel and also at the bar. As our staff members are such a professionals , then please don't hesitate next time to ask them for some more recommendations for having breakfast outside the hostel. Have safe travels!:)

The hostel is very clean and convenient. However, I had a bit of trouble with the light sensors in the bathroom, they malfunction a lot. Also, breakfast wasn't great, i wouldn't recommend it.

Thank you for your honest feedback about your stay at Sophie's Hostel! We would be more than glad to hear more about your stay and advises to improve our facilities and services. If you feel like sharing with us, please email on address: kristi@bohemianhostels.com. Happy New year and we will be looking forward to hear from you!

Wonder staff who are willing to help out at all times. Hostel kocated in walking distance to most attractions

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • nat_9468835

Thank you and Happy New Year!:):)

The hostel is a little bit far from the main attractions, about 20 minutes walking. Other than that it is pretty safe, clean and well organized.

Thank you for your honest feedback! We are aware of the fact, that Sophie's Hostel is not in the middle of the Old Town. But our location has very good local restaurants, cafes and bars. Also It is just 7 minute walk from hostel to our biggest square called Wenceslas Square and also about 15-20 minute walk to Old Town. And our great receptionist are willing always to help out with the best directions and recommendations for transportation. Happy New Year and have safe travels!:)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7