Sophie's Hostel Reviews

Melounova 2, Prague, Czech Republic

1937 Total Reviews

This place was perfect! It was a great value for the money. The place was super clean and the bathrooms/showers were very upscale for a hostel. Not to mention, the breakfast was bomb. They had a cook walk around asking if you wanted any hot food. The atmosphere was perfect for well anyone! We went our own way at night, but downstairs the Pregame for the push crawl was fun! As for location, it was perfectly placed between downtown and the train station.

• 26th Jun 2015

Initially we stayed in a female dorm which was nice had really good bathrooms and showers. We then got upgraded for free into one of the apartments which was beautiful- big spacious rooms with a little kitchen and again lovely bathroom. Really lovely hostel. Also has a bat where a pub crawl starts every night which was good fun. Location was also good could walk everywhere

• 25th Jun 2015

The staff is very kind and helpful. Hostel is amazing in every way. I will return gladly.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Serbia

Best hostel I have ever used.

• 20th Jun 2015

For three young travellers it was the perfect hostel! Great atmosphere and it was perfect for us to meet other people which we did. The staff were really helpful and kind and the hostel is only about a 10 minute tram journey from the centre but the walk is lovely as you see lots of different things. The only thing was that the shower stopped giving hot water after about 10 o'clock which was strange but despite this, an amazing hostel nonetheless and we would definitely stay here again!

Great location. Great city. Highly recommend. Pub crawl is great as it kicks off downstairs!

Customer service is sh*t. Nice clean hostel but Don't expect any help from staff at all. Any they lie.

• 19th Jun 2015

Wow!!! Had to love Sophie's! Reminded me more of a hotel, great place and awesome staff, very friendly and helpful!! It's the place to stay if you're going to Prague! Well located in relation to public transport as well. Would definitely come back!

Great experience. Great staff. Bar crawl was a little Americanized. When you're on the higher floors wifi is scarce. Breakfast was great. Overall good experience.

• 18th Jun 2015

Please fix the hot water situation. I stayed for 3 nights and two of the mornings I did not have hot water to shower. Fortunately the staff helped me find an alternative shower.

one of the best hostels I've stayed in! the beds were comfy and the bathroom was nice and clean too, which was such a relief after being on the move so much. the staff were great, helped show me what to see and how to get around. definitely stay here if you'll be in Prague!

Amazing place. I had a wonderful weekend. Amazing staff and a great place to meet people and get to know Prague.

terrible service,the lady is shoutout us when we didn't know whether we have to pay for the extra person

• 12th Jun 2015
  • China
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Perhaps staying in a 10 bed mix dorm was not my thing; however, it would be really nice if the bathrooms were kept clean. Partiers would leave the bathroom really gross and it would be good to have cleaners on that quickly. Also only one bathroom had hand soap which made me think none of the people were washing their hands !! Might also be beneficial to check on the rooms every once in a while as there were people having extra people in their beds. The hostel itself was really nice!

• 11th Jun 2015

This is by far the nicest hostel I've ever seen. We had a private room and it felt like a real hotel! Breakfast is delicious (though a bit pricey), the whole place was clean and safe, convenient for metro and trams. Staff were great. Only weird thing was that all of the electricity is on a motion sensor, including the air conditioner, so it turns off when you go to sleep. If you want your room to stay cold at night you have to wave your arms around until the motion sensor goes off.

Friendly clean modern decent bar central location lift to all floors and luggage lock up

Not an exaggeration that this is the best bang for buck hostel for my whole trip, and the staff was incredibly accommodating, genuinely fun people.

An absolutely amazing hostel. One of the most comfortable hostel rooms I've ever stayed in. They also offer large cupboards that can fit your luggage, and give you padlocks at the reception. The staff are also incredibly nice and helpful, always speaking in an incredibly professional manner. Lastly, the other guests were such fun people as well. Would 100% recommend

Great place to stay and great atmosphere... The only issue i encountered was with the automatic lights in the bathroom! i dont know if one of the sensors wasn't working properly or something, but every time i tried to take a shower the lights would go out after a few minutes... which is not ideal when your covered in soap and have to step out and wave your arms around to get the lights to come back on while trying to not slip over! But apart from that everything was great!

Everyone as extremely friendly, attentive, and helpful. Rooms common area were clean.

• 9th Jun 2015