Sophie's Hostel Reviews

Melounova 2, Prague, Czech Republic

1937 Total Reviews

Helpful staff, we had to adjust our original booking dates and we had excellent help from them. The breakfast was very good and the location excellent. This was our first stay in a hostel and our room was clean and quiet. Many thanks Sophie's!

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Staff were amazing, so nice and helpful.really good set up of the apartments, with two showers. Only one little thing was a bit inconvenient... lack of hot water if you didn't get up early enough. But an ice cold shower definitely wakes you up in the mornings! :D

Gem of a hostel. Lovely rooms, good breakfast, immaculately clean. The true MVPs of this hostel are the staff. They are friendly and super helpful. They'll show you their favorite spots on their custom map. They set me up with great walking tours of the city. A great place to stay if you're traveling solo as bar is always crowded and fun. Word of warning: the offered pub crawl is overpriced, you can buy your own drinks and follow the group for free!

It's an amazing place. The ladies at the reception were wonderful. They give the best advise! The room was fantastic, it was clean with new decor. I will surely stay with them when I next return to Prague! The location is good; nice reception; great breakfast; great room @ great price.

Being able to sell us a public travel ticket was so helpful!! Much appreciated, made this so much easier for us!

• 6th Jun 2015

The room is very good. It is brand new and the decoration and the atmosphere are amazing. The bar of the hostel is very good and the staff is very helpfull.

One of the best hostels I've ever been to! The staff was super friendly and the rooms were cleaned daily. Showers and bathrooms were nice, good water pressure and heat, etc. A pub crawl comes through every night so it's easy to socialize. I would definitely recommend this for solo travelers or groups. Also the dark beer at the bar is great and cheap.

• 6th Jun 2015

The box cover that is under the bed sometimes falls, with noise. It would be good to think of a shock absorber.

Sophie's was an amazing place. The atmosphere was perfect and great for making friends. The people working were also extremely helpful and kind. 10\10 would come back

• 2nd Jun 2015

Great people and a really fun bar crawl every night! I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone traveling through Prague.

I had a great time! Thanks to your whole staff, who were always friendly and helpful.

• 29th May 2015

I didn't know what to expect but I was impressed with the facilities. I stayed in 5 dorm mixed room. Excellent shower facilities and very clean. No faults.

• 28th May 2015

Hostel is located outside of old town, which is a walk to all of the sites. We stayed in ten bed dorm, with drunk people coming in and out of the room all night. We went on the bar crawl, but it wasn't that fun because it was 35 guys and three girls. Wifi is fast and reliable and the staff was helpful and nice.

Great hostel just out of the old town. Right near lots of cool bars which was good for us and does make up or it. Couldn't fault the hostel, excellent nights sleep. Staff are knowledgeable. I thought the breakfast was free but that's my mistake. It is defo worth the 200CZK in the morning.

I have problems with my reservation. They were receving a huge group that really annoyed the other. I had to change my room even tough I did only one reservation for 3 days!! And they want me to be out of the room during the check out and check in that was not programmed!! I couldn't have my breakfast at anytime because the huge group had special time that wasn't clear for everybody! I like the place but i have problems with them.

• 27th May 2015

Good value. Not too far a walk. Downstairs bar is great. And rooms are very nice. The bar crawl is a rip off and waste of a night. However the pregaming in the bar area before going out is great

This was an incredibly enjoyable experience! The hostel was VERY clean and had nice ammentities for the cost The staff was very friendly and the location was great in order to walk around the entire city! I highly recommend this hostel for anyone who stays in Prague!

• 25th May 2015

Great rooms & very clean bathrooms. Not a very social bar scene but the hostel offers a night out on the town every night & they take you to some well known bars & clubs. When we checked out the girls at reception were happy to call us a taxi. Overall enjoyed my stay here & would recommend.

This was the first hostel we stayed in on our trip and we couldn't have felt more welcome or at home. The staff were unbelievably sweet, kind, cheery and so helpful with recommendations on everything from food to sight seeing. Plenty of bathrooms and showers for us too. We got breakfast every day - you HAVE to get it here as it is absolutely delicious! Super location and actually within walking distance of train station. Loved it at Miss Sophie's and would come again for sure!

Miss sophies was easily the best hostel we've stayed at so far. Staff are great and the place is really clean. I would reccomend it, also happy hour is key