Sophie's Hostel Reviews

Melounova 2, Prague, Czech Republic

The hostel is a little bit far from the main attractions, about 20 minutes walking. Other than that it is pretty safe, clean and well organized.

Thank you for your honest feedback! We are aware of the fact, that Sophie's Hostel is not in the middle of the Old Town. But our location has very good local restaurants, cafes and bars. Also It is just 7 minute walk from hostel to our biggest square called Wenceslas Square and also about 15-20 minute walk to Old Town. And our great receptionist are willing always to help out with the best directions and recommendations for transportation. Happy New Year and have safe travels!:)

Everything was very ok but the breakfast was just way too expensive, what kind of hostel offers a breakfast almost the price of staying a night? I got to say it's quite ridiculous and it's the first time i have seen anything like this. The cleanliness was impressive and everything else was ok

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Paraguay

Thank you for your honest feedback! To explain little bit about the pricing, then we would like to notice, that prices you had when booking a bed, were action prices, not original prices. And we are sorry, that you did not had chance to enjoy our all-you-can-eat breakfast brunch for 8 euros. We hope you will stay with us in future and will have chance to try our breakfast options.:) Happy New Year!:)

Sophie's is an awesome hostel. The Bar downstairs is super cheap, and they have awesome wifi as well. The shower was the greatest thing ever with the waterfall shower head, but for 10 people there wasn't enough hot water if you're the 10th person. The staff is great, and has a lot of really good suggestions of stuff for you to do. Its super central, and within walking distance to most anything in Prague. Don't stay anywhere else this is the perfect spot.

Wifi shut on and off constantly. Staff was very nice. Not too far from stuff

Thank you for your honest feedback! We are glad that our staff members were nice and that you found our hostel well located. We are very sorry, that you had to face the problems with the Wi-Fi, but we always guarantee the good connection at our Sophie's bar/common area. We wish you Happy New Year and we hope, that you will stay with us again at Sophie's Hostel!

The hostel is very Well located, the staff member are very Nice, bathroom and toiletts are clean, you actually want to take your shower lol. Everything is walk distance. The price is not expensive. I recommand this hostel.

• 15th Dec 2015

I had a brilliant stay at Sophie's Hostel. In December, I found the bar to be a little quiet and not as sociable as some other hostels, however this is absolutely no fault of the hostel! It is a pleasant, cheap bar, and like the hostel in general, offers great value for money and a warm, friendly atmosphere. The room was spacious and clean, with all the facilities I could have wanted - it is certainly one of the most pleasant hostels I have stayed in! Thanks very much.

Good hostel

Fantastic hostel. It's recently been renovated with clean bathrooms and an awesome bar area. Staff were fantastic. Breakfast was the best I've seen at any hostel. I liked the location in the new city (15 min walk from old city), as it gets you away from the crowds and closer to good bars and restaurants that aren't for tourists.

Sophie's Hostel far exceeded my expectations. The informative tour advice I received when checking in was worth what I paid to stay. The modern bathrooms (with rain shower heads!) were my favorite perk. I slept like a rock here and will definitely try to pick Sophie's again if/when I return to Prague.

• 10th Dec 2015

Excellent service from the friendly and helpful staff. Very clean, even in high capacity dorms. Cozy atmosphere and good wifi. Stay a night or stay a week, you wont be disappointed!

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Denmark

Brilliant place. Staff is fantastic and very helpful. Kitchen is small but fully equipped. WiFi only works well in common area on the ground floor.

We are so happy, that you stayed with us at Sophie's hostel and that our amazing team helped you with everything! We wish you to have safe travels, peaceful holidays and we are already looking forward to your next visit to Prague!:)

The staff was very friendly and helpful! Clean, modern hostel with great atmosphere. The location isn't ideal but Old Town is a short walk away and it has great access to public transportation. I'd easily stay here again because of the nice staff members.

....awwww:) that is so nice, that you liked our team so much. Happy New Year!:)

Nice atmosphere, lovely staff and very cozy and clean room. Amazing stay!

Thank you!:)

This hostel was great! It was one of the nicest hostels I've stayed at. Everything is super clean. It looks like a hotel. The showers are great, and they have hair dryers! Good wifi, Nice and helpful staff, comfortable beds, every bed has its own outlet and light. Large lockers. I didn't experience the breakfast but I heard it was good. Easy to meet people and make friends if you are traveling solo. Super clean and nice hostel, and so cheap! Would def recommend!

We can read out of your review, that you had great stay with us!:) That made us happy and we will be looking forward to your next visit to Sophie's Hostel. Best wishes and safe travels!

Very awesome hostel. A little bit far out of the centre, but the best hostels in Prague are, and once you know how to use the trams it becomes a lot easier. Really nice decor and bar, and all the staff are awesome.

Thank you for your feedback! We are aware of the fact, that Sophie's is not right in the middle of the Old Town, but you are totally right about the transportation in Prague. It is very easy to use. And if our guests would need any help with directions, our profesional reception team would be more than happy to help. Moreover, Old Town is just 15 minutes walking distcance away from the Sophie's hostel.:) Have safe travels!

Very good hostel. Staff is very helpful and know the city well. Offer tours and great breakfast for reasonable price. Would stay again.

Thank you for your postive review and you are more than welcomed to stay with us again at Sophie's!:)

Sophie's Hostel was very clean and the trendiest hostel I have ever stayed with. I stayed in a 5 bed dorm and it was very spacious and the great thing was that the bathrrom was located at the front of the room with a seperate hallway and light, so you don't wake up your roommates if you shower late at night or early in the morning. There is storage located under the beds and those were very roomy as well. The breakfast is great here and well worth it. Not so much social interaction here though.

You are very welcomed to come back to Sophie's and check out our new events going on at Sophie's bar!:) Jan and Hozy are cooking sweet pancakes, playing poker and some other nice games. Also we have now TV to watch some good movies, so we are pretty sure, it is more social now.:) Enjoy your travels!

I have stayed at over 15 hostels in the past several months and this is the best. It's really like a boutique hotel. The staff and operations are very professional, Building is charming and while I paid the lowest rate available my dorm came with a kitchen, a closet and great large bathroom. The breakfasts, which are not free, are delicious.

Wow...that is a great achievent for us to be for somebody the best hostel!:) All our team works really hard every day to provide flawless customer service and facilties to our guests and your feedback proved, that we are doing good job.:) Thank you a lot and come back to Sophie's soon!

Overall, I was very happy with Sophie's Hostel. I would definitely stay again, if I came back to Prague. The breakfast buffet was good and reasonably price. My friend, on the other hand, who I stayed with at the hostel, felt the breakfast was overpriced for vegetarians since there were limited options. One downside for me was the wi-fi signal in the room. It was horrible. The signal in the reception/dining area was great so I would just go there if I needed to surf the web or make a phone call.

Thank you for taking time to leave us feedback! We are really happy, that overall you had good stay at Sophie's and we are sorry for these few things, what bothered you. When having breakfast next time, please do not hesitate to ask our awesome kitchen team to prepare something special for vegetarians, for example their vegetarian omelets are just so amazing and there is so much more to try.:) Also we really hope, that Wifi will work better for you next time. Have safe travels!:)

This hostel was amazing! Very clean and modern. The bathrooms were so fancy for a hostel which was nice when you've been travelling for a while. The staff are very helpful and Prague was absolutely amazing! Highly recommended 😊

THANK YOU so much!:) Have safe travels and come back to Sophie's soon!