Sophie's Hostel Reviews

Melounova 2, Prague, Czech Republic

I think this hostel doesn't have the best common space. It's not a place where I can lounge around on a couch and expect to meet people. That said, I feel this can be easily mitigated if the hostel had more group activities or hostel drinking games or such that helps solo travelers enjoy the common space and make friends. Otherwise, this hostel was great!

We are happy to write, that just week ago we started with lots of new events at our Sophie's bar. Our great bartenders Hozy and Jan are preparing free pancakes, playing poker and other games, so our guests would have more fun. Also there will be soon TV room in the bar with cosy seats to watch some nice movie or sports. So have safe travels and when back in Prague, come to stay with us at Sophie's again. Best wishes!:)

Superb hostel run by a great bunch of staff, one of the best I've ever stayed in, cannot fault.

Thank you so much for your great review and come back to stay with us soon!:)

The best hostel ever!! The staff was so friendly and helpful, the location was perfect just next to the train station and 10 min walk to main attractions. Very clean and all brand new. I will stay in this hostel for sure!!!

My friends and I were only in Prague for one night but we absolutely loved this hostel! The room was so spacious and had a homey feel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast in the morning is a fantastic deal!!

Had a nice stay at Sophie's. Everything was clean and lockers were large enough to stow everything you wanted. Good kitchen and the bar downstairs was good for mingling.

The stay was amazing. Thank you guys for the service and great place to stay.

• 28th Oct 2015

This is just amazing! We are so happy, that you had such a great experience at Sophie's hostel! Have safe travels!

This was hands down one of the nicest hostels I have stayed at. Very clean facilities and some really nice modern bathrooms. A short walk to old town but it was a great hostel. I would definitely stay again and I would recommend it to anyone staying in Prague.

• 27th Oct 2015

The breakfast was extra but it was really good. The bar was cheap and great place to meet people. The metro and tram were only a few minute walk away. The main square was 10min walk, and the old Town square was 15-20min.

We stayed here as a family of 4, and we can rate the Hostel highly enough. The room 5A was exceptional, fab. Great value, great location, great experience. Many thanks, you were perfect

• 27th Oct 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This is so beautiful, that you have an opportunity to travel with your family and that we had chance to accommodate you at Sophie's hostel, what turned out was perfect for you.:) Thank you so much for your time and we wish you safe travels and we hope, that you will visit us again soon! Best wishes!

Best Breakfast around! Pay the extra for the hot breakfast, its worth your money and delicious. Every morning the cooks brought out a special pastry or dish for travelers to try!

Good beds, hot shower, and clean bathrooms. The internet wasn't the best and they don't really have a common room, just a cafe/bar area. Breakfast was expensive.

amazing brunch breakfast, super helpful free maps and staffs! well located, close to metro station.

This hostel was really a great experience. We had no problem walking into the main center/old town and everything was very clean! I was very impressed with the bathrooms and definitely good value for $$! Fantastic option for Prague

Very clean. The lockers are under the beds which was perfect.

Amazing place i would come back for sure

This hostel was such a refreshing place to stay. It was so clean and the amenities were a big plus. More of a hotel feel, no pub crawl, or laundry room, but the bar and breakfast was great. Would definitely recommend it!! Right next to the tram station as well.

Nice hostel. Nothing about it that was particularly noteworthy in a great way, and nothing in a bad way. Rooms and beds in the mixed dorm were clean, and fairly standard. Bathrooms were quite nice. Bar was cool but lacked atmosphere.

Great hostel with fantastic staff members who were welcoming and really seemed interested in getting to know the guests. I felt like I was able to really experience Czech culture and the staff was knowledgeable and was able to provide good suggestions for places to go for every occasion. The rooms were also well maintained and the entire hostel seemed quite clean and organized. Definitely would stay here again if I return to Prague.

• 16th Oct 2015

Stayed the long weekend( Thursday- Sunday) and had a great time in Prague. Staff were very accommodating and happy to answer any questions we had. The room was more like a small apartment- with our own kitchen and seated area! It was also very modern. Unlike many cheap hotels, the room did not have thin partition walls where everything could be heard from other rooms- didn't hear a peep!

• 15th Oct 2015
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I had an amazing experience at Sophie's! The place was very clean, modern, and the sheets felt as soft as a 5 star hotel. This was actually a bit of a problem, though, since I didn't ever want to leave my bed to go site seeing! The best characteristic of this hostel would have to be the outstanding service. The lovely ladies all take pride in ensuring you have the best experience possible. Thank you Julia, Ina, and Kathryn!

• 14th Oct 2015