Sophie's Hostel Reviews

Melounova 2, Prague, Czech Republic

1936 Total Reviews

Nice atmosphere, great bathrooms, small but good kitchen. Would stay again gladly

Very clean hostel, reminded me more of like a hotel more than anything. With that said, it is a little bit harder to meet other travelers if you stay here. The hostel itself was very nice, the breakfast offered in the morning is worth it, the location is good (nothing more than a 5 min tram ride into Old Town) and the WiFi works everywhere. If you're looking for a party hostel, this isn't it.

Second time staying at Miss Sophie's and I've been happy with my stay both times. The hostel is newly renovated and all facilities are neat and clean. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again:-)

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at. I was on a 3 week trip through Europe where I stayed at 6 different hostels. Miss Sophie's was easily the nicest and cleanest and the room was huge. The location is just a 5-10 minute walk to central Prague and the same distance from the train station. I would definitely stay at Miss Sophie's again and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Generally a very nice place, huge rooms, hotel quality bathroom and showers, no complaints at all there. I get the impression they are fixing this but need more lockable luggage storage, leaving you bag in basement with work men coming and going and no free space to lock it up felt sketchy. The social hub of the place is a bar, which is cool if you drink but otherwise a bit meh a social area outisde of this would greatly improve things for the non party crowd :)

This was one of the best hostels I have stayed at. The staff were lovely, the facilities were great and they had amazing breakfasts. Wifi worked everywhere in the hostels, showers had warm water and beds were comfy. Will definitely be returning if I'm ever in Prague again!

really great hostel, a tiny bit out of the way but you get to see more of the city that way. great stay.

Miss Sophie's is one of the nicest accommodation that I have ever stayed in and I travel quite a bit! It has the perfect combination of clean, secured, good location and amazing staffs. And to top that off the atmosphere in the hotel is great. It even has apartments that you can rent. All in all I would definitely recommend it. The bar cum lounge in the ground floor in the ground floor is a good place to meet people as well.

Located 5 min walk from IP Pavlova metro stop and 5 min walk from the above ground tram stop. Great staff who was welcoming and helped us book reservations for Hemingway's Bar (great place for genuine absinthe). Breakfast is pretty good for the price you pay. Take advantage of the free walking tour. Rooms were very clean but I wish the lockers were not below beds...made for very tight quarters.

The staff is so nice and very helpful in every situation. Thanks again!

• 14th May 2015

The staff is very friendly and helpful. They speak excellent English. The rooms are very clean and have nice decorations. I really enjoyed my stay :)

This hostel is great! I loved my stay there, the rooms are big, the staff is so nice and helpfull, and beer is cheap!!

Probably the best hostel I've stayed at. It didn't have the luxury of a swimming pool or washing facilities like previous hostels, but it more than made up for it. The breakfast was unbelievable, it was easy to make friends in bar and the beer was cheap. Wish I had stayed for longer

Favourite hostel on my 8 city trip

Probably one of my favourite hostels. Clean, safe and in a decent location. Staff were fantastic and the bar was great. Breakfast was a little pricey but it was delicious and all-you-can-eat, so I just loaded up for the day. Rooms were comfy and they give you a chest to keep your belongings. Definitely staying here again if I return to Prague.

it's not a place to meet people, but facilities are great! bathrooms specially. super comfortable beds. also, i would say it is a little bit pricey for prague.

I am a digital nomad and have a requirement for fast Wifi and a good common area to work if no Cafes are available near by. The common area is excellent along with the beer, coffee, staff and fast Wifi. I appreciated the comfy beds and soft sheets. I stayed here two weeks and loved the location, just being on the fringe of old town on 10 minutes away walking. They offer day city tours and nightly but crawls. The place always manages to maintain an elegant environment. I love this place.

Absolutely loved my stay here! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The location was nice...a little outside the touristy area but walkable distance to almost anything. Breakfast was delicious and filling. The facilities and rooms were always clean. I highly recommend staying here.

I was just incredulous that there can be a hostel as good as Miss Sophies for the price I paid.

• 9th May 2015

Enjoyable stay...nothing spectacular or overly amazing, but clean, safe, and relatively good location.