Sophie's Hostel Reviews

Melounova 2, Prague, Czech Republic

2088 Total Reviews

Excellent hostel, I definetevly recommend it to anyone who wants a calm and comfortable place to rest.. The location is good: not in busy downtown, but also not far away from it. The staff was very helpful in showing us what to visit and how to get there.

Overall a good hostel to stay at, the staff were very nice and helpful. The bar was also very nice, and also accommodated the starting point for a pub crawl! The only thing I didn't prefer is the walk to do the laundry which was a bit of a walk away. Otherwise a good hostel.

You have to pay for breakfast but it is phenomenal and cheap! Pedro checked me in and was extremely helpful! The other male staff was really nice and the blonde girl (I'm so forgetful with names, sorry). The beds were comfy and the bathrooms were nice. Note that this is a party hostel. I would recommend floor towels in the bathrooms because they were always wet. Overall, great staff and hostel!

Exellente, I recommend!

Nice clean place to stay.

Very helpful staff. Good location - about 20 mins walk to centre.

• 13th Jul 2015

Sophie's hostel is a clean, nice and quiet hostel in Prague. I recommend the breakfast, you have to pay for it but it is more than good. The location is a 15 minutes walk from the old town square so its not so far from the center. They have the best showers i have ever seen in a hostel all very clean. So this is not a party hostel but Prague itself has all the parties you will ever want.

This hostel is lovely and definitely the nicest we've stayed in! The staff are helpful and always try to accommodate any requirements, I hope I have a chance to stay here again

Great staff, room and atmosphere.

One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. Great staff, great vibe and the rooms are immaculate. Incredible value for money and a perfect location. Will definitely be staying here again!

• 8th Jul 2015

The staff is awesome, there's people from so many places therefore they speak diferents languages, all of them very kind.

The real flaw with Sophie's was a lack of a common area. There is a bar, but if you're not drinking, hanging out in a bar isn't ideal so the only place I met people was on the free walking tour. That said, the staff were incredible, the rooms were pristine, and the location was just a little outside of the center of things - close enough to be walking distance but far enough to escape. I wouldn't necessarily recommend Sophie's for a solo traveller, but for a group it would be perfect.

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate that! We are sorry, that you find, that Sophie's was in lack of common area, but we are glad that you had good time in general. Have a safe travels and we will be looking forward to see you soon back at Sophie's, to check out our soon opening common kitchen.

I really enjoyed my stay at Sophie's Hostel. It's a little bit of a trek to the sights of the city, but it was in a relatively quiet part of the city, and I met some great people there. Facilities were great, and everything was nice and clean. I had no complaints about my stay here, and I'd definitely recommend this hostel to other people.

I enjoyed my stay at Sophie's for the most part. It was a fairly good location, staff were helpful with tourist information, CRACKING breakfast! The only slight issue I had was that, for a solo traveller, the hostel section felt too much like a hotel rather than a hostel. Amongst other travellers I found it rather difficult to mix with others, unless you insist on drinking at their bar (which from 21-23pm was too much). There was also no one using the kitchen my entire stay,It was Rather lonely.

Thank you for your honest feedback, we really appreciate that! We are glad to read, that in general you had good time at Sophie's and about common spaces, we are working hard to finish our bigger guest kitchen, which should solve the mix issue. But just for you to know, that next time, when staying at Sophie's, please feel free to spend time at the bar, not drinking, but you can also borrow a book or games:)

We stayed in a private 3 bed room and it was beautiful. The atmosphere was wonderful and staff was super nice. Would definitely recommend!

• 4th Jul 2015

Wifi was spotty in the rooms and we had to go downstairs to get connected, otherwise this place was pretty great. I'd highly recommend doing the bar crawl, at least on your first night, to meet people from the hostel and to get to see some of the city as you stumble about town.

Thank you for your stay with us at Sophie's hostel and thank you for your feedback! We are very sorry, that you had complications with wifi during your stay, but we are glad to write you, that wifi works much better now. Have a safe travels and we hope to see you again back at Sophie's!

I rented a private room which was really nice. I mingled a little but the other travelers were super young, 18-24.

• 1st Jul 2015

A great hostel to stay in, immaculately clean, helpful staff, good breakfast (expensive but comprehensive), not in the absolute centre but well with in walking distance. A reasonable pub crawl also starts from here so no problem meeting people. Over all almost takes the "s" out of hostel

Thank you for you nice and positive feedback and we are happy to read, that you had good time when staying with us at Sophie's hostel!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Clean and quiet with comfortable beds and great showers. The breakfast was also a good value, the wifi worked great, and the reception staff was friendly and helpful. I don't have a single complaint!

• 30th Jun 2015

Amazing staff, any problems just ask and they will help. Rooms are amazing. Pub crawl every night is a great way to meet new people. The 24hr bar makes it that much better. Great place to stay would definitely stay again.