Sophie's Hostel Reviews

Melounova 2, Prague, Czech Republic

I had an amazing experience at Sophie's! The place was very clean, modern, and the sheets felt as soft as a 5 star hotel. This was actually a bit of a problem, though, since I didn't ever want to leave my bed to go site seeing! The best characteristic of this hostel would have to be the outstanding service. The lovely ladies all take pride in ensuring you have the best experience possible. Thank you Julia, Ina, and Kathryn!

• 14th Oct 2015

Very good hostel. Best facilities I've seen. Could swing a cat in the shower! They were massive. Great value for money. Definitely recommend

Great hostel with lovely big shower heads in the bathrooms, great bar, comfortable beds in the dorms. It's a little bit of a walk to get to the main sights of Prague but no too far once you learn the layout of the city. Superb value for money for what you get. Only downside was someone snoring ALL NIGHT in the dorm!

I had a great stay here. I found the room to be in excellent shape, and loved the storage lockers under the beds (great idea and so much space!). The location isn't central, but it's very close to a metro stop, and a short walk to Old Town. Staff were very nice and helpful. The atmosphere is really chill but not as outgoing as I would've hoped/liked.

• 12th Oct 2015

Sophie's hostel was excellent. It was very clean and the room was very nice. Would definitely recommend to anyone going to Prague.

• 11th Oct 2015

I loved Sophie's! I stayed in an all girls dorm. I thought everyone was extremely friendly. I loved the bar located conveniently on the first floor. I felt safe during my entire stay, and I had no problem with the facility. The only issue was finding the hostel because it is a bit tucked away, but that also adds to the safety.

• 10th Oct 2015

This hostel did not cheap out on any of their services/amenities. Great atmosphere and extremely central. I would strongly recommend to anyone visiting Prague!

I've never stayed in such a beautiful hostel! We had a private room which was located in Miss Sophie's Hotel, just across the street. Very clean, beautiful interior. You could also buy breakfast for a low price. Stuff was friendly and helpful.

Great hostel, some staff were very helpful - very clean and great facilities. Felt very comfortable during our stay with only a few minor concerns; Wifi dropped out a lot and was very unreliable in our room on level 3, the floors were very loud and it was impossible to be quiet when others were asleep, sensor lights in the bathroom were a horrible pain and would be completely unsuitable should someone suffer epilepsy.

Staff was 150% AWESOME, they went above and beyond my expectations of excellent customer service! (become friends with Hozy, he is great). Breakfast was delicious, fully stocked, good variety. Rooms were spacious, cleaned daily. Beds comfy. Great big pull out locker drawer. Walkable to any part of the city, and next to metro. Great kitchen. Basically nothing was wrong. Wifi spotty in the far rooms, but fine in common area. No wash machine. Spent 5 nights here so you can trust this review.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. The breakfast in the morning was the best all-you-can-eat breakfast that I've ever had. It takes about 15 mins to walk to the main square and about 25-30 mins to walk to the castle. The staff are nice and the rooms and bathroom are really nice and clean. The lounge area allowed me to meet some of the best people as well.

Very modern bathrooms and good central location 5-10 minutes walk from Wenc square.

Good experience overall. Nice layout, clean hostel. Only complaint was the noise. This is a party hostel... so bring ear plugs!

We are glad to write, that bar crawl will be moving soon to other location, so it should solve the issue with noise outside after 11 PM. We are sorry, that you had to face this issue and we really hope that your next stay with us will be better. Safe travels!:)

Great place, clean, tidy. Not your traditional hostel, more like hotel. Which is great value. Breakfast not included. No private hostel lax out area that wasn't open to public and up stairs by rooms limited chairs in common space. If you want sleep ask for room away from noise of downstairs public bar as smokers make a lot of noise outside that filters up.

We are working on opening our new common kitchen, so hopefully it will solve the issue with common area only for guests. Also the bar crawl will be leaving our Sophie's bar soon, so we really hope it will solve the issue with the noise outside. But we would like to thank you for your honest feedback!:)

Great hostel. One of the best I've ever seen.

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • Pakistan

Thank you so much, we really appreciate your opinion about Sophie's hostel!:)

more expencive than our hotel with a breakfast that costed more than anounced on the up side very clean and nice atmosphere with the bar downstares and activities.

• 2nd Oct 2015

We are sorry, that there have happened some misunderstanding with the breakfast prices, but we have double checked Hostelworld.com information about our hostel facilities and we can see, that everything should be okay, as it just says, that breakfast is not included. But we are glad to see, that in general you had great time, while staying with us at Sophie's hostel. Thank you!:)

Sophie's was out and out the best stay for me in my entire trip. I love the space and the cleanliness and the beautiful and simple design the hostel offers at the price it offers. I love that there were single beds in my room of five for women. I love that there was ample storage and an ensuite kitchen with a nice table and a huge bathroom. I am in love with this hostel and definitely will come back to it if I come back to prague. Great job u guys.

Sophie's loves you back!:) Safe trips and come back soon to Prague!

The staff was really helpful to find a secured parking spot and also to recommend food places near by. They offer free city tours right from the hostel. The hostel is really clean, breakfast is good and the atmosphere was very nice.

• 30th Sep 2015

The BEST hostel I've ever stayed at!

Awesome hostel. Ample sized rooms with comfortable beds. Bathrooms and kitchen were always clean. Walking distance to everything but in case you didn't want to walk a metro station was nearby. Walking tour guide would pick you up downstairs and their bar is the starting point for the pub crawl. Only issue I had was that there was only 1 bathroom and 2 showers for 13 people. But other wise, great.

You made us happy!:) Thank you for your nice feedback! To maybe solve the only issue, you had to face during your stay with us, we would recommend to maybe book smaller room, so you would not have to share bathroom with so many people. Safe travels and we will be looking forward to welcome you soon back at Sophie's hostel!