Sophie's Hostel Reviews

Melounova 2, Prague, Czech Republic

2004 Total Reviews

I didn't know what to expect but I was impressed with the facilities. I stayed in 5 dorm mixed room. Excellent shower facilities and very clean. No faults.

• 28th May 2015

Hostel is located outside of old town, which is a walk to all of the sites. We stayed in ten bed dorm, with drunk people coming in and out of the room all night. We went on the bar crawl, but it wasn't that fun because it was 35 guys and three girls. Wifi is fast and reliable and the staff was helpful and nice.

Great hostel just out of the old town. Right near lots of cool bars which was good for us and does make up or it. Couldn't fault the hostel, excellent nights sleep. Staff are knowledgeable. I thought the breakfast was free but that's my mistake. It is defo worth the 200CZK in the morning.

I have problems with my reservation. They were receving a huge group that really annoyed the other. I had to change my room even tough I did only one reservation for 3 days!! And they want me to be out of the room during the check out and check in that was not programmed!! I couldn't have my breakfast at anytime because the huge group had special time that wasn't clear for everybody! I like the place but i have problems with them.

• 27th May 2015

Good value. Not too far a walk. Downstairs bar is great. And rooms are very nice. The bar crawl is a rip off and waste of a night. However the pregaming in the bar area before going out is great

This was an incredibly enjoyable experience! The hostel was VERY clean and had nice ammentities for the cost The staff was very friendly and the location was great in order to walk around the entire city! I highly recommend this hostel for anyone who stays in Prague!

• 25th May 2015

Great rooms & very clean bathrooms. Not a very social bar scene but the hostel offers a night out on the town every night & they take you to some well known bars & clubs. When we checked out the girls at reception were happy to call us a taxi. Overall enjoyed my stay here & would recommend.

This was the first hostel we stayed in on our trip and we couldn't have felt more welcome or at home. The staff were unbelievably sweet, kind, cheery and so helpful with recommendations on everything from food to sight seeing. Plenty of bathrooms and showers for us too. We got breakfast every day - you HAVE to get it here as it is absolutely delicious! Super location and actually within walking distance of train station. Loved it at Miss Sophie's and would come again for sure!

Miss sophies was easily the best hostel we've stayed at so far. Staff are great and the place is really clean. I would reccomend it, also happy hour is key

Nice atmosphere, great bathrooms, small but good kitchen. Would stay again gladly

Very clean hostel, reminded me more of like a hotel more than anything. With that said, it is a little bit harder to meet other travelers if you stay here. The hostel itself was very nice, the breakfast offered in the morning is worth it, the location is good (nothing more than a 5 min tram ride into Old Town) and the WiFi works everywhere. If you're looking for a party hostel, this isn't it.

Second time staying at Miss Sophie's and I've been happy with my stay both times. The hostel is newly renovated and all facilities are neat and clean. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again:-)

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at. I was on a 3 week trip through Europe where I stayed at 6 different hostels. Miss Sophie's was easily the nicest and cleanest and the room was huge. The location is just a 5-10 minute walk to central Prague and the same distance from the train station. I would definitely stay at Miss Sophie's again and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Generally a very nice place, huge rooms, hotel quality bathroom and showers, no complaints at all there. I get the impression they are fixing this but need more lockable luggage storage, leaving you bag in basement with work men coming and going and no free space to lock it up felt sketchy. The social hub of the place is a bar, which is cool if you drink but otherwise a bit meh a social area outisde of this would greatly improve things for the non party crowd :)

This was one of the best hostels I have stayed at. The staff were lovely, the facilities were great and they had amazing breakfasts. Wifi worked everywhere in the hostels, showers had warm water and beds were comfy. Will definitely be returning if I'm ever in Prague again!

really great hostel, a tiny bit out of the way but you get to see more of the city that way. great stay.

Miss Sophie's is one of the nicest accommodation that I have ever stayed in and I travel quite a bit! It has the perfect combination of clean, secured, good location and amazing staffs. And to top that off the atmosphere in the hotel is great. It even has apartments that you can rent. All in all I would definitely recommend it. The bar cum lounge in the ground floor in the ground floor is a good place to meet people as well.

Located 5 min walk from IP Pavlova metro stop and 5 min walk from the above ground tram stop. Great staff who was welcoming and helped us book reservations for Hemingway's Bar (great place for genuine absinthe). Breakfast is pretty good for the price you pay. Take advantage of the free walking tour. Rooms were very clean but I wish the lockers were not below beds...made for very tight quarters.

The staff is so nice and very helpful in every situation. Thanks again!

• 14th May 2015

The staff is very friendly and helpful. They speak excellent English. The rooms are very clean and have nice decorations. I really enjoyed my stay :)