Sophie's Hostel Reviews

Melounova 2, Prague, Czech Republic

2067 Total Reviews

The staff is very kind and helpful. Hostel is amazing in every way. I will return gladly.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Serbia

Best hostel I have ever used.

• 20th Jun 2015

Felt like we were staying at a 5 star hotel!

• 19th Jun 2015

apartment style is nice, good wifi, but not really a common area to hang out.

For three young travellers it was the perfect hostel! Great atmosphere and it was perfect for us to meet other people which we did. The staff were really helpful and kind and the hostel is only about a 10 minute tram journey from the centre but the walk is lovely as you see lots of different things. The only thing was that the shower stopped giving hot water after about 10 o'clock which was strange but despite this, an amazing hostel nonetheless and we would definitely stay here again!

Great location. Great city. Highly recommend. Pub crawl is great as it kicks off downstairs!

Customer service is sh*t. Nice clean hostel but Don't expect any help from staff at all. Any they lie.

Than you for your stay at Sophie's hostel and we are sorry, that you had such a negative experience during your stay. If you would like to share with us more information about the situation, what made you feel, that our customer service is not what you would expect, please contact us on email: kristi@bohemianhostels.com.

had a great time here. great facilities and really good staff. it's a fun hostel.

Wow!!! Had to love Sophie's! Reminded me more of a hotel, great place and awesome staff, very friendly and helpful!! It's the place to stay if you're going to Prague! Well located in relation to public transport as well. Would definitely come back!

Great experience. Great staff. Bar crawl was a little Americanized. When you're on the higher floors wifi is scarce. Breakfast was great. Overall good experience.

Best breakfast!

Please fix the hot water situation. I stayed for 3 nights and two of the mornings I did not have hot water to shower. Fortunately the staff helped me find an alternative shower.

Thank you a lot for taking time and leaving us feedback about your stay! It is for sure not good, that you had problems with hot water during your stay, but we are also very glad to hear, that our staff members helped you out in this situation:) Also just for information, we have now solved the hot water situation, so we will be looking forward to see you again soon at Sophie's hostel!:)

one of the best hostels I've stayed in! the beds were comfy and the bathroom was nice and clean too, which was such a relief after being on the move so much. the staff were great, helped show me what to see and how to get around. definitely stay here if you'll be in Prague!

Amazing place. I had a wonderful weekend. Amazing staff and a great place to meet people and get to know Prague.

Beautiful hostel! The staff was friendly, and took the time to explain the main sites and give us a map. Very helpful. Free wifi. Breakfast is not free, and can be pricey.

terrible service,the lady is shoutout us when we didn't know whether we have to pay for the extra person

• 12th Jun 2015
  • China
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Thank you for your feedback! Even though you had negative experience in staying with us , we would like to thank you, that you took time to leave us review. If you would like to write us maybe more about the situation, what happened at reception, please feel free to email on address: kristi@bohemianhostels.com. Looking forward to hear from you!

Perhaps staying in a 10 bed mix dorm was not my thing; however, it would be really nice if the bathrooms were kept clean. Partiers would leave the bathroom really gross and it would be good to have cleaners on that quickly. Also only one bathroom had hand soap which made me think none of the people were washing their hands !! Might also be beneficial to check on the rooms every once in a while as there were people having extra people in their beds. The hostel itself was really nice!

• 11th Jun 2015

This is by far the nicest hostel I've ever seen. We had a private room and it felt like a real hotel! Breakfast is delicious (though a bit pricey), the whole place was clean and safe, convenient for metro and trams. Staff were great. Only weird thing was that all of the electricity is on a motion sensor, including the air conditioner, so it turns off when you go to sleep. If you want your room to stay cold at night you have to wave your arms around until the motion sensor goes off.

Friendly clean modern decent bar central location lift to all floors and luggage lock up

Not an exaggeration that this is the best bang for buck hostel for my whole trip, and the staff was incredibly accommodating, genuinely fun people.