Souk Lan Xang Guest House Reviews

NO: 2, Unite: 20, Groups:Xeingthong, Ban: WAT NONG, Luang prabang District, Luang Prabang, Laos

the staff is very nice and helpful. Helped me get water every time even at 11pm. And also helped book tuk tuk

• 10th Feb 2016
  • China

Rooms are cold a bit, though were in February

Perfect location, amazingly friendly staff and nice and clean - had a lovely feel to it.

This place has a great location in the old city. However, a few things I didn't like. I emailed them twice to confirm my stay and ask about transportation from the airport, no reply. When I arrived I asked about the boat to Houy Sai (down the Mekong and then to Thailand) and he told me there was no boat?!?! What?! Of course there is a boat, everyday. The wifi didn't work that great, but that's common in Luang Prabang, although it was much better at the other place I stayed. Overall, not bad.

We stayed in a room at the ground floor, walls and bed were as wet as in a celler room. No Security, no good wifi, hard beds and overall too expensive for this price.

• 1st Feb 2016
  • Austria

The little man in charge was very friendly and made our stay very comfortable, he is the most fun part of staying there. I the other hand, our room, #1, had no glass on the windows, so we could hear all the constant partying of the neighbors during the 2 nights we stayed there and we didn't sleep at all. Don't stay here unless you can cope with that kind of noise, our maybe ask for a room on the ground floor as far away from the street as possible.

Excellent place! Extremely friendly front-guy, clean and big rooms, helpful with questions. Would stay here again.

The guest house was a big disappointment especially for the price we paid. Its situated in a far away tiny alley with whatsoever no views. The facilities were non-existent. No food no hot water nothing no map of the city no help in any tours or bookings... The washbasin drainage always got blocked with just water! Over all a very poor experience. Would recommend to skip this place totally if possible...

Sweetest and greatest guy I've ever met before, owner of this guesthouse is just awesome!

Really nice rooms, good wifi, good location, close to all facilities. I would stay here again

Nice basic place to stay. Room a little dark but very comfortable. Helpful owner. Cheap laundry.

First impression was not that good but improved greatly after 1 good night's sleep. Our room was good sized (twin room) and very clean. Located down a side alley but only a 5 minute walk from the main tourist Street and 5 metres from the river. The owner is really friendly and kind and helped us with bag storage, where to eat and what time to see the morning alms. I think if on a budget you will find it difficult to get a better hostel for cheaper than this.

Our stay at Souk Lan Xang was absolutely wonderful. After a two-day slow boat ordeal this was the perfect antidote - a clean, cool room, a great location at the heart of the old town and a wonderfully kind proprietor who couldn't do enough for us. He didn't kick up the slightest stink when we returned to the hostel blind drunk and three hours beyond curfew after a night at the bowling alley... The proprietor alone is reason enough to stay here but all in all it was a spotless, friendly hostel.

The owner was so nice!! He was very helpful and kind.

One of the best locations on the peninsula. The owner is very nice and dedicated. Just a nice place to spend your nights after so much to see in Luang Prabang. Would definitely come back!

I had a nice stay for three nights here. The manager is very friendly and helpful. He always had a smile and a greeting. The room was very quiet, had good bedding and good air conditioning. There are many restaurants within walking distance. I had to use the lobby to access the internet. When I did, the reception was good.

• 4th Nov 2015

This was our favourtie hostel during our 5 week trip. Really great location(can walk to night market and centre of town within 10mins) along the river. Rooms were large with lovely furniture, big en suite bathroom and very clean and comfortable. The highlight was the man who works here....he was so smiley and helpful and polite, he was a true gem! Highly reccommend this hostel in Luang Prabang.

Excellent guest house, the rooms are very clean and ours was quite large. Great location and the manager is just so friendly and helpful.

Location was fine, 10m walk to main street. We booked a cheap room and it was perfectly adequate. Two single beds, tv, wardrobe and a bathroom. There was aircon but it got very hot. We had to request new sheets and tp but got them immediately. Friendly man at reception was present all day. A basic and cheap option.

Excellent price. Room very very spacious. Excellent hospitality. Some mornings I woke up with smoke coming through the window as nearby homes were making a fire to cook.

View all Luang Prabang Bed and Breakfasts