Soul Backpackers Barcelona Reviews

Diputació, 323 ppral.1a, Barcelona, Spain

Clean, mature, chilled, homely

All around great hostel with an amazing staff that will not only help you get around Barcelona, but will make you feel at home. Excellent facilities and nice terrace to have lunch, play some chess, or just talk with all the other good people who are likely to show up at this soulful place. Recommend and would go back in a second.

Smaller Hostel in reasonably good location. Kitchen small but well stocked with everything you need for self catering. Staff friendly. Bathroom facilities somewhat cramped and limited. ( One out of 3 showers not working when I was there.) Only 2 toilets but because of size of hostel didn't seem to be a real problem. Wifi good, lounge areas good. All staff had good English. Good value but not highest quality hostel in Barcelona. Recommend if you are looking for cheaper hostel.

Located reasonably central about 5 blocks from Plaza Catalunya. Unusual layout. I was in a 10 bed dorm which was actually 2 rooms 4 in one and then 6 in the other. Had air conditioning and a fan. Good size lockers. Breakfast very very basic. Decent kitchen. Large terrace which is overlooked by everyone. Nice chill out area.

Great place! Nice and chilled atmosphere, comfortable beds, cool pepole. Highly recommended

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Israel

I really liked the hostel. There was a very good atmosphere and the staff was super friendly and helpful.

It was amazing, the place is beautiful and is near to city center. The host is a very cool guy! The people are nice and is quiet to sleep well. Good work Ignasi! :)

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Great experience! I only stayed for a night but was warmly received and included in the activities other guests were participating in--courtesy of the staff. The rooms were clean and had reliable air conditioning. I would undoubtedly return to Soul Backpackers!

• 8th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

good breakfast, terrace nice, clean facility

This was a decent hostel. I have no overall complaints. However, the air conditioning was broken which made it very difficult to sleep, but the staff was still accommodating, offering to put a fan in our room. I loved the terrace and outdoor area, it was very pleasant to just sit and chill at.

Dear Mallory, sorry once more about the air conditioning problem. Unfortunately, air con can broke anytime anywhere; it can happen to everyone. We manage to fix it the day after and provided fans, as you know. We apologize once more but it was not our mistake because is not a thing that depends of us. Now all air conditionings are working fine again. Thanks for the review

Could not recommend this place more. Great, relaxed atmosphere. Fun staff. Perfect location. Not like other hostels that are just out for money or have a thousand beds. Really just wonderful.

This isn't a bad hostel. It's off of the main tourist traps, which is nice. Facilities were pretty good, especially the large terrace. My only real complaint is that after the owners take off, the place is administered by a couple longterm residents. Also, the place is not marked well from the outside, so pay close attention to the directions.

By far the best hostel I've stay! Great staf and location, cool people and very clean! Thanks guys for everything! Defenitly will come back!

Overall fantastic hostel. Location is so-so since it's about 3 km from beach, but it's really not bad and you can take metro there. Staff is by far the best I've seen at a Hostel and made some great recommendations. Always kept things clean. It's a small hostel but the atmosphere was good as you could hang out at the back terrance until 11. No complaints.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Great location. Nice staff. Not the cleanest hostel, but alright. Very chilled and relaxed atmosphere. Pretty quiet hostel, so not ideal if you want to party or meet lots of new people. All in all good. Wouldn't mind staying there again.

Enjoyed my stay- was travelling on my own was made feel very welcome. Staff very friendly and they knew all the good places to go.

Rad place with a great rooftop terrace with bar and food nightly. Rooms are a little tight and double check bathrooms before going into the wrong one. Great spot though.

The hostel had great staff and a relaxed atmosphere, we had a great time there!

The hostel is super well located; perfect to get to the city center by foot and there are also tons of mini marts and shops around the area. Loved staying at the hostel, except the staff were not as proactive in creating activities to include everyone. Nonetheless, my group of friends and I really enjoyed staying there because the terrace was great and the location is just superb.

• 3rd Jun 2015

It was pretty good, they received me really fast and explained everything to me. Then guided me to the room and showed me my bed. And then showed me everything else. The showers, bathroom, etc. the location is pretty good as everything else although I think they could keep the facilities cleaner.