Soul Kitchen Reviews

Moika embankment 62 app 9, St Petersburg, Russia

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Friendly atmosphere, lots of events happening, pub crawls, cooking classes, etc. There were Belgian waffles every morning, and coffee and tea were always available. There is no other place I would stay in St. Petersburg.

• 6th Apr 2015

This is a FANTASTIC hostel. It was so clean, overwhelmingly charming, and comfortable. My entire group had a hard time leaving every morning because it was such a lovely experience. The staff are also incredibly helpful and sweet. Stay here!

Brilliant, thoughtfully designed hostel. It's probably the best i've stayed in. From the moment you walk in it is chic, cool, designer, relaxed, comfortable, functional and just too cool for school! Staff were very helpful, giving you the tour, providing a free map with all the hotspots for sights, food, cafe's and bars. An organised trip to a Soviet Arcade game museum was great. Rooms were clean and minimalist. We had a private room with views of the canal. Free coffee, wifi, and someone just k

The best hostel I'd stayed. Very clean, bed very good and really friendly staff. The best part is: you have to leave your shoes in the entrance, that way, all hostel is clean enough to walk only with socks.

This is undoubtedly the best hostel I have ever stayed in! I have been to 66 countries and this hostel was by far one of the best. Beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean, comfortable, friendly staff. Free waffles for breakfast, we also got free Borscht soup

Best hostel I've ever stayed in my life. First, a super friendly staff and an extremely pleasant and cozy place.Every detail (bedrooms, bathrooms, living rooms) show the concern to get people well and surprise them positively.Also, they have several activities that can unite lone travelers, couples, families, friends. The beds, large and with curtains, become much more productive and private rest. The staff is very nice and always helpful (thanks in particular to Alisa, Alina and Maria).

I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel, the location is perfect right next to everything in St. Petersburg. I stayed in the single room and it was awesome, very spacious with its own bathroom and two huge windows with a pretty cool view of the street and the canal. The staff is great, very helpful, they'll advice you on what to do in the city, and they organize activities every night, I was there for the weekend and we went out with some of the staff members that weren't working that night!

This is indeed the best hostel in Russia! The hosts are really kind and friendly. They give you a nice tour of the entire place after you register at the reception. The common areas are huge & the kitchen is exceptionally well stocked & clean. The place has a soul of its own & they have plenty of books & CDs u can use! The rooms and bathrooms are comfortable and very neat and tidy. There are plenty of activities one can participate in at the hostel - pancake making, ping-pong party, jenga, etc.

This hostel is really awesome! Surpassed all my expectations I had before arriving - service was great, hostel was extremely clean and spacious, and our stay was wonderful! Thanks so much for making our stay at St Petersburg a pleasant one!

I have been to around 50 hostels during all my travels (and I own two), and I think that Soul Kitchen is one of the best (if not the best) hostels I have ever seen. It has everything you need, and apart from fantastic facilities, it also has a great staff who is always willing to help. If you want to live the luxury of a hotel for a ridiculously low price, and have a great time, Soul Kitchen is your place.

Never in my life I have been in such a good hostel! So beautiful! so friendly! great service, great facilities. The small (not so small) things that really count and that make you feel wanted and in a nice place: - using facilities after check out: shower, kitchen, activities, etc. - a wonderful kitchen, all the extras that are required for cooking. - patient, helpful staff - helped me book a shuttle to helsinki - CALLED the driver after I left to make sure everything is fine..

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Israel

The staffs are very nice and helpful. There are different activities every night so it is very easy to make some new friends in the hostel. The best hostel in St Petersburg!

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Hong Kong

I really liked the hostel. Very cosy and nice. Everything was great. Enjoyed my time there.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Russia

Best hostel I have ever stayed. Just like that.

• 14th Feb 2015

Probably our favourite hostel yet! They really have thought of pretty much everything and, as a couple who hope to one day open a hostel of our own, we were very inspired by the layout and high standards all round. The dorms have double beds that are as comfy as home and the common areas are simply fantastic. Kitchen is extremely well equipped as you would expect and the building itself is just beautiful. Staff are brilliantly attentive, can't wait to stay here again!

The best hostel !!

• 12th Feb 2015

I really enjoyed my staind, the hostel is very clean and the staff are always hellpfull.

Without hesitation if I come back in SPB I will chose this hostel, and I will recommend it.

• 28th Jan 2015

One of the best hostels I have ever been. Couldn't find any suggestions for improvement.

I would like to say that this hostels staff are amazing people, so so helpful with directions and local spots that will make your stay in the city that much better. The kitchen is so great and has everything you need to cook a amazing meal. The security is very comforting and they have some common areas that rival that of any hostel out there. Overall the experience was positive. My only small negative would be that I seen blood on the bed comforter and It was seen in multiple rooms I stayed in.

• 22nd Jan 2015