Soul Kitchen Reviews

Moika embankment 62 app 9, St Petersburg, Russia

I was blown away by how amazing the Soul Kitchen is. The bed, the rooms, and all the facilities were absolutely top-notch, and the decor of the place was just perfect. But the real highlight of my stay was the staff, who were always friendly, warm and helpful. I always felt at home, and was sad to leave after a week!

Soul Kitchen was a wonderful hostel to stay at. It was very well laid out and clean. I stayed in a private room and it was huge with a bed in a loft. Beautiful place to come home to. Staff was lovely and very helpful. Only thing missing was breakfast.

I can honestly say that this is the best hostel I have stayed at anywhere in the world. The kitchen is well equipped, the common area is cozy, with games available. The computers are Apple desktop computers (we didn't need to use these as we had our own). The staff were great&the hostel is only a short walk from the main attractions in St. Petersburg. A 5 star hostel, you would be silly to go anywhere else. Well done on setting up this travel home - it is a hostel made by backpackers. Ana&Liam

This is without a doubt the best hostel I have ever stayed in - and I've stayed in a lot of hostels! The staff are friendly and always available to help. They even made snacks for the guests! In our 4-night stay, we had waffles, pancakes and chocolate cake. YUM! The female dorm we stayed in was clean and comfortable, with gorgeous built-in bunk beds that each had curtains to give you a little privacy for changing and sleeping etc. The shared bathroom was equally clean with hot showers all day.

• 6th Mar 2014

One of the best hostels, I have ever been!

Best hostel I've stayed in! Staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and the hostel has a great vibe about it. It's also a grest place for solo travellers to meet other like-minded people.

Probably the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Immaculately clean, friendly staff with a great knowledge of the area and perfectly located. Can't imagine staying anywhere else in St. Petersburg!

• 28th Feb 2014

Every single good review about this place is true! Best hostel in Europe hands down!!

Generally everything worked really nicely. I personally wouldn't mind, if the place was a bit shaggy, like some other hostel I have been accommodating. Like condition of surfaces and furniture etc, but hostel is really nice anyways and I would recommend the hostel to my friends too, if they are up to that kind of accommodation. Bed was really good in dorm room, I liked the wideness of it, so the quality of the beds is really good and I like it. Maybe your hostel is already a bit too good ;)

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Finland

I already miss Soul Kitchen so badly. I want to go back. It was such a awesome place to stay, the staff were very helpful (a special thanks goes to Maria for helping with the translation on the SKA website), the hostel is always clean and the beds are very comfortable I slept like a king. I can understand why this hostel is rated one of the best in Europe.

Without a shadow of a doubt this is the best hostel I have stayed in so far (and I have stayed in a lot). The staff are so friendly and the hostel itself has an incredible atmosphere and all the facilities you will ever need, including music in the toilets and a big bowl of sweets in the lounge. Fellow travellers were also easy going and talkative. I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else in Saint Petersburg, I promise you will not regret your decision to stay here.

This was probably the best hostel in which my sister and I have ever stayed. Location is very good, the hostel itself friendly, clean, comfortable, lovely...can't enumerate all the positive words which we still have in our mind! We felt so good there and enjoyed spending our time in Soul Kitchen very very much. The staff was very friendly and it seems that there is always someone of the cleaning staff there too. Beds and rooms were nice and comfortable! Very good hostel!!

I did not excpect such a great place, I relly enjoyed it!

• 14th Feb 2014

Best hostel ever! Took the hostel experience to a whole new level! Perfect down to the last detail, it has even a projector to watch movies! Wanna go back so bad!!!

This is on the top of my list amongst all the accommodations I've stayed in around the world. The staff were helpful, genuinely happy people who made all the difference. During our stay there was a tea & cookies night, a cupcake night, and a Russian blini night where I got to try and make blinis. The hostel has thought of everything - customised map for guests to explore their fave haunts, free calls home, clean & beautiful decor. Would return to St Petersburg just to stay here!

The best hostel ever. I wanna go back!

They just make you feel home, i wish i could stay longer, the staff is soooo great!!! Great facilities, location, atmosphere, of course i will come back!

Everything perfect!

Perfect, best hostel i visited in quite some time. They focus on international travelers and I think they have a max on the number of Russians they let in so that there is no closed off group of Russians staying there, a thing I am experiencing to often in Russia.

I have not stayed in a better hostel - i can't recommend this highly enough - Sasha and Alissa from Soul Kitchen made our holiday really special with Russian cooking lessons and free popcorn - make sure you stay here!

• 15th Jan 2014