Soul Kitchen Reviews

Moika embankment 62 app 9, St Petersburg, Russia

Amazing hostel, more like a boutique hotel for the price of a hostel. Excellent location on walking distance to all the main sites. I meet a lot of great people. the classical music in the bathrooms is a really nice touch. Would definitely recommend to book your stay here, simply the best hostel I've ever been too.

Great hostel - one of the best I've seen. Easy to find, convenient location, clean rooms and facilities. The main living room and kitchen are both conducive to meeting people and the staff is always available to help. Not surprising they've won many 'best hostel' awards.

Amazing! One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Located right on one of the canals, 7 mins walk from the Main Street, great staff, awesome rooms (beds with privacy curtains!), felt like home. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

Very good, the best one I have been traveling so far.

This really is a fantastic, comfortable, homely hostel. The recent best small hostel worldwide (

Everything is great in the hostel! Great location, attention, staff, price, and every corner details in it! The best hostel I've ever stayed. Recommended for fun, families or lonely travelers.

There should be another column at the right of Excellent, for PERFECTION and Im pretty sure the Soul Kitchen Hostel would be in the top of the list. I keep thinking about one think I didnt like but no, This place is perfect. Being in Russia is not easy for travellers but stayed here made me feel home, cant wait to come back. If you are planing to go...seek no more, stay here!...and if you want to get the best of SP also take a look at: www.localfriendspb.com www.localfriendspb.com

Soul Kitchen Hostel was simply the best hostel I have ever visited. It is located in the heart of the city, a stone's throw from St Isaac's Cathedral and the Winter Palace, on one of Saint Petersburg's many glorious canals. The staff were extremely helpful, going above and beyond to help their guest's get the most out of the city Peter built. The kitchen was clean, the room's spacious and much to my delight, Tchaikovsky was even playing in each individual toilet. I even extended my stay. 10/10.

Amazing hostel with a nice atmosphere and great kitchen. If you need a break from dorm style hostels this is it. Great privacy and cozy places to be all around the hostel.

The place to be in St. Petersburg.

best hostel ever!

Friendly and knowledgable staff, excellent location and very spacious and comfortable. Really enjoyed the tea, cookies and a film night!!

• 30th Sep 2015

A great hostel in St Petersburg. Great staff and superb facilities - highly recommended.

SERIOUSLY, BEST HOSTEL IN THE WORLD! Do yourself a favor and stay here!!!

This has to be one of the most impressive and comfortable hostel I've ever stayed since my backpacking trips to Asia, South America and North Africa. Truly overwhelmed with what Soul Kitchen has to offer its guests, both in terms of amenities and ambience! Perfect 10! Well done, I'll be back again :)

My only complaint is that there isn't a Soul Kitchen in every city. The staff is amazing, so friendly and helpful(esp. Leo and Maria), they give great suggestions on restaurants and things to see and do in the city. I can't say enough good things about this place. You need to stay here and you will see why they have been voted #1 hostel in Europe. Location, security, cleanliness, facilities are highest standards. And you can meet some pretty cool people staying at the hostel as well .

Best hostel I've ever stayed in!! Would love to setup somewhere like this for my retirement haha

Beautiful hostel in a beautiful city, with very nice & helful people running it. Manned day and night, they would make suggestions for your stay and assist with the planing of your day (includig a series of useful tips). Activities usually organised for the evenings, and they´d even make popcorn if people preferred a movie night! All rooms carefully decorated, spacious and always clean. Breakfast not included, but personnel still provided some nice home-made cakes. No lockers. One of the best!

What can I say about Soul Kitchen...May be the word "PERFECT" fit !!! I went to a lot of hostel in my life, luxurious one, cheppy one, desapointed one... But Soul Kitchen is on the top of my list ! If ever you plan to reach St Petersbourg, don't miss it !

• 23rd Sep 2015

You're going to read many reviews calling this the best hostel ever. You will think "surely they must be exaggerating a little bit." They're not. This is one of those places that has really thought of all the little things. The under-bunk storage lockers are large enough to fit suitcases. There are outlets inside the lockers so you can charge your computer, etc. while you're out. Super clean, spacious bathrooms, comfortable beds, large gathering areas, and outstanding staff. Stay here.

• 23rd Sep 2015