Soul Kitchen Reviews

Moika embankment 62 app 9, St Petersburg, Russia

A lot of love and thought went into designing this place as they get all the small details right. Big comfortable beds, electricity socket in locker, shoe dryers, free phone calls, free to use iMacs and internet, huge and very relaxing sofa in lounge room with a lot of things to keep you entertained (books, LPs, Wii) and a huge kitchen (blender, toaster etc. it's all there). Great location and very clean. But the best thing about this place is the amazing staff!! Very friendly and helpful.

• 21st Oct 2013

Definitely one of the best hostels we have ever been to. We had a 3 person room, which was bigger than some hotel room. Everything was really spacious, clean and new. There were enough shower rooms to never be in in line. The big kitchen allows you to make your own food and there was a big living area to hang out (what we both didn't really use). The staff was extremely helpful with ideas, giving routes, good tips were to shop and eat. The location is makes it easy to reach everything by foot.

Superb hostel - one of the best I've stayed in after more than a year of traveling. The only downside was that my mattress was seriously bad - sharp metal bed springs sticking into me all over the place, plus the mattress was sagging so you kept rolling into the dip in the middle - so I had six very uncomfortable nights with bad sleep. Others told me they had the same problem with their beds. But despite this, it's such a nice hostel if still go back!

Hello, thanks for your feedback! It's so unfortunate that you felt uncomfortable on the mattress, pity we didn't know about this issue until now, but we'll make sure that the problem will be fixed! Safe travels, Soul Kitchen hostel management

I have probably stayed at over 200 hostels in my travels and this is certainly in the top 3, if not the best ever. Soul Kitchen was clearly designed by travelers with a flair for beauty and design - as well as understanding the small practical things that make hostel living easier, more comfortable and homelier. From movie evenings, to pancake tastings for homeliness, to plugs in lockers to charge your gadgets, double bed bunks, free hairdryer loans. And all this within a beautiful setting!

1 2 3 Next » last »