Soul Kitchen Reviews

Moika embankment 62 app 9, St Petersburg, Russia

Exquisitely well-run and clean. Staff is excellent and resourceful - even had umbrellas to let for downpours. Being a 'non party' establishment certainly is a great service, but provisions like beer (or even water) are only available in nearby grocery stores. After a day of hiking around museums and churches it would be great not to head out again for water - perhaps a small chiller at reception would work. Overall though, Soul Kitchen Junior is some of the best lodging in Europe...

No question about it Soul Kitchen was the best hostels we both have ever stayed in, we are a young couple from England and The Netherlands and we could not fault it. We decided to pay the little extra for a double private room with en-suit and we felt like we had just checked into a boutique hotel, it was absolutely gorgeous. Staff were very helpful and really friendly, you can really make yourself at home here, wish we could have stayed longer!

• 14th Oct 2013

A truly excellent hostel. I've been to a few and can honestly say this is joint top I've ever had the pleasure to stay in (the other is Don Santiago in Santiago do Chile). Brilliant staff, fantastic facilities - an absolute pleasure to stay in. Maybe not the cheapest hostel you will ever find, but nowhere is in St. P, and it's value for money all the way!

Lovely hostel, lovely staff : )

• 14th Oct 2013
  • Scotland

Soul kitchen Junior is the best hostel I have ever stayed, which is way more comfortable then my current house actually :) I strongly recommend this hostel for people who desire hospitality, friendship, clean facilities and warmness with quality. I don't want to say much about the decorations, which were like the future sweet-home I would like to have.

excellent location, neat staff. all locations are not far. recommended.

Incredible hostel, went there for our honeymoon. Staff is so nice and helpful. Really nice facilities, ideal location. Superb atmosphere!

This is THE perfect hostel. No joke - I have stayed in a lot. Soul Kitchen is heaven. They gave thought of everything and then more. Top marks totally deserved on every level! Kiwi Sarah

It was a great stay! The staff was very helpful und the hostel is amazing!

very good!

• 6th Oct 2013
  • China

Unfortunately beds are not comfortable, as you have to wake up every time your bunk-neighbor is turning in his bed.

This was my first hostel experience and from the reviews I realized that it would be outstanding. I can only add my raves to the other comments (after staying at a second hostel in Moscow). The staff baked muffins the first morning I was there, and made waffles the second. I had a private room with bath, overlooking the Moika canal, as does the computer room. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful, and the common areas really promote guest interactions.

Absolutely fantastic facilities and staff! Best hostel ever!

Although is said, it should accept credit card. But the rest of it, was excellent. We have really fun there with a great staff, especially the night all made the Russian Soup Borsch.

This is the best hostel I lived during my life of journey. Staffs here are very nice and they helped us a lot. I believed I will come back next year and choose this hostel again.

Great hostel, placed near the main street and a few minutes walking from the main attractions. In the hostel you have all you could need, is super clean, has great common spaces and daily activities. The only thing that is better tham the hostes is the staff, always friendly and helpful. Probably the best hostel I had ever been.

This hostel is one of the best I have stayed in, dare I say the best and I've stayed in about 20 or so. Good staff, friendly cleaners and good facilities.

BEST hostel we have ever been to.

Simply excellent! The best hostel I've ever been!! It wasn't made for being a party hostel, but for being a very comfortable place, with several facilities, very good to talk to the other guests and the staff is excellent!

This was by way the VERY BEST hostel ever stayed in. Lots of stuff for free, an excellent staff, always present and more than helpful, hostel is cleaned several times a day, a huge and more than well equipped kitchen, beds are really good with a perfect privacy. If I ever get to Russia again, THIS hostel as a 105%-must !!!!

View all St Petersburg Hostels