Soul Kitchen Reviews

Moika embankment 62 app 9, St Petersburg, Russia

This is definitely one of the best hostels on the planet at the moment. I know that's a bold statement but Soul Kitchen Junior really couldn't get much better than it already is. The location is very central, the staff wonderful and the experience just golden. The beds are enormous and very comfy (curtains and lights too), the kitchen huge, the bathroom facilities clean and numerous, the common areas (yes there's more than one) chilled and relaxing. Do yourself a favour and stay here.

A lot of love and thought went into designing this place as they get all the small details right. Big comfortable beds, electricity socket in locker, shoe dryers, free phone calls, free to use iMacs and internet, huge and very relaxing sofa in lounge room with a lot of things to keep you entertained (books, LPs, Wii) and a huge kitchen (blender, toaster etc. it's all there). Great location and very clean. But the best thing about this place is the amazing staff!! Very friendly and helpful.

• 21st Oct 2013

Definitely one of the best hostels we have ever been to. We had a 3 person room, which was bigger than some hotel room. Everything was really spacious, clean and new. There were enough shower rooms to never be in in line. The big kitchen allows you to make your own food and there was a big living area to hang out (what we both didn't really use). The staff was extremely helpful with ideas, giving routes, good tips were to shop and eat. The location is makes it easy to reach everything by foot.

Superb hostel - one of the best I've stayed in after more than a year of traveling. The only downside was that my mattress was seriously bad - sharp metal bed springs sticking into me all over the place, plus the mattress was sagging so you kept rolling into the dip in the middle - so I had six very uncomfortable nights with bad sleep. Others told me they had the same problem with their beds. But despite this, it's such a nice hostel if still go back!

Hello, thanks for your feedback! It's so unfortunate that you felt uncomfortable on the mattress, pity we didn't know about this issue until now, but we'll make sure that the problem will be fixed! Safe travels, Soul Kitchen hostel management

I have probably stayed at over 200 hostels in my travels and this is certainly in the top 3, if not the best ever. Soul Kitchen was clearly designed by travelers with a flair for beauty and design - as well as understanding the small practical things that make hostel living easier, more comfortable and homelier. From movie evenings, to pancake tastings for homeliness, to plugs in lockers to charge your gadgets, double bed bunks, free hairdryer loans. And all this within a beautiful setting!

Wow, what more can I say! This is, by far, the best hostel I have ever stayed in. From the friendly staff to the excellent facilities I cannot fault it. Great location, so clean {the cleaners do a superb job} and lots of events to make you feel welcome. We had a movie night, a pasta night and I was so sad to leave the day of pancake night! The huge bunk beds are wonderful, so great to have that little bit of privacy with the cabin-style and the curtains. A great place to meet travellers too.

Exquisitely well-run and clean. Staff is excellent and resourceful - even had umbrellas to let for downpours. Being a 'non party' establishment certainly is a great service, but provisions like beer (or even water) are only available in nearby grocery stores. After a day of hiking around museums and churches it would be great not to head out again for water - perhaps a small chiller at reception would work. Overall though, Soul Kitchen Junior is some of the best lodging in Europe...

No question about it Soul Kitchen was the best hostels we both have ever stayed in, we are a young couple from England and The Netherlands and we could not fault it. We decided to pay the little extra for a double private room with en-suit and we felt like we had just checked into a boutique hotel, it was absolutely gorgeous. Staff were very helpful and really friendly, you can really make yourself at home here, wish we could have stayed longer!

• 14th Oct 2013

A truly excellent hostel. I've been to a few and can honestly say this is joint top I've ever had the pleasure to stay in (the other is Don Santiago in Santiago do Chile). Brilliant staff, fantastic facilities - an absolute pleasure to stay in. Maybe not the cheapest hostel you will ever find, but nowhere is in St. P, and it's value for money all the way!

Lovely hostel, lovely staff : )

• 14th Oct 2013
  • Scotland

Soul kitchen Junior is the best hostel I have ever stayed, which is way more comfortable then my current house actually :) I strongly recommend this hostel for people who desire hospitality, friendship, clean facilities and warmness with quality. I don't want to say much about the decorations, which were like the future sweet-home I would like to have.

excellent location, neat staff. all locations are not far. recommended.

Incredible hostel, went there for our honeymoon. Staff is so nice and helpful. Really nice facilities, ideal location. Superb atmosphere!

This is THE perfect hostel. No joke - I have stayed in a lot. Soul Kitchen is heaven. They gave thought of everything and then more. Top marks totally deserved on every level! Kiwi Sarah

It was a great stay! The staff was very helpful und the hostel is amazing!

very good!

• 6th Oct 2013
  • China

Unfortunately beds are not comfortable, as you have to wake up every time your bunk-neighbor is turning in his bed.

This was my first hostel experience and from the reviews I realized that it would be outstanding. I can only add my raves to the other comments (after staying at a second hostel in Moscow). The staff baked muffins the first morning I was there, and made waffles the second. I had a private room with bath, overlooking the Moika canal, as does the computer room. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful, and the common areas really promote guest interactions.

Absolutely fantastic facilities and staff! Best hostel ever!

Although is said, it should accept credit card. But the rest of it, was excellent. We have really fun there with a great staff, especially the night all made the Russian Soup Borsch.

View all St Petersburg Hostels