South Beach Hostel Reviews

235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

The floor needed a good sweep in our room and in the lobby. The bathrooms lacked privacy. The staff were friendly and there were things to hire for the beach which was only two blocks away. The main nightlife strip was also really close. Air con in the room was good too in the Miami heat!

The only thing that bothered me was not finding a blender at the kitchen and also the water during shower would aleways go from hot to cold all of a sudden. Despite that I can't complain.

• 4th Jul 2014

I'm sure it is one of the best hostels in Miami. Forget down-town, there's nothing there, Just stay in South Beach. This hostel is a great place to chill out during the hot days and an awesome place to hangout during the night. The location is the best you can have: far away from all the Miami fuss but close enough from the best places and two steps away from the beach. It does everything that a hostel is suppose to do and nothing more.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Was a fantastic experience. The bar was crackinnnnnnn. All different types of age groups as well.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This was my first time staying at a hostel. I was really nervous. I emailed then before I arrived and Marciano got back to me within the hour. He was so helpful and accommodating. He got me and my friends all in the same room and gave me great info about the hostel. It was so clean. Especially the bathrooms. They provided clean linens everyday. Called us a cab for the airport. And the hostel is two mins from the beach and a 5 min can ride to all the Miami hotspots! Will definitely be back!!

• 26th Jun 2014

I really liked having a full bar downstairs.

I truly loved my stay at the SoBe. The location was a short walk to the beach, but also far away enough from the main hot spots of SB to have a relaxing atmosphere. There was a bar in the lobby of the hostel with very cheap beer. The bathrooms were cleaned and I had hot showers both mornings of my stay. My biggest issue was my bedroom. It happened to be located above the bar so I could hear all the music in my room making it very difficult to sleep. I changed rooms the next day no problem.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very happy with everything during our stay, except the attitude of most of the staff. With the exception of Jose at reception who was lovely and one friendly barmaid, all the other staff were non communicative and either impassive or rude - they were either on their phones or had earphones on and did not like when we requested any assistance. One male receptionist who was on his phone was extremely rude when we requested information about the WiFi.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Very good for a couple of days if you want to be in a very cheap hostel. Is perfect for you!!!

Cheapest hostel in Miami so don't expect the best. No private room and ensure avail so had to do a 4 bed dorm and share a bathroom. 2 of the bathroom showers in female didnt work, one didn't have a curtain and the toilets were usually always dirty. The staff are fine just don't go out of their way. The best thing about this place is the security and the awesome bar and club offers they have each night. Forgot how expensive Miami was but I guess I'm used to really good hostels being $20 US

Well located. Friendly staff. lots of activities. Would recommend.

Good value for money. Don't expect nothing more or less than the description from the latest reviewers.

Excellent! Was my second time there and i really enjoyed ... the staff are awesome and polite.

Thank you for choosing SoBe Hostel twice! We are very proud of our helpful and friendly staff. Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again!

If you want to stay calm and quite then is would be your right choice.

Toilets are awful, bedrooms are too much hot and the staff are too little friendly.

• 12th May 2014

We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your stay. All our rooms have ac, perhaps yours was not working? We hope you let the front desk know so they could have had someone fix this problem. We ask our staff to be friendly and helpful and we think they do a good job handling the large amount of guests we have. I hope you were able to speak to management if you felt you were not taken care of properly. Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel, even if its not the kind we like to see.

Staff were friendly and helpful and beds were comfy. The air con wasn't the best but we didn't actually mind. Occasionally the bathrooms can appear a little grubby but I'm not sure if that's just the way the stone looks in the showers etc. You are a ten minute walk from the main Miami beach strip and two minutes from the beach. Great location! Fun atmosphere in the evenings and great bar area to hang out or party :)

• 11th May 2014

Everything was great. Excellent location.

We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for your review and please come visit again!

Perfect place. I like this hostel.

Thank you! We like you too! Thanks for your feedback we hope to see you again.

Perfect place to stay.although no pool table

• 7th May 2014

Thanks for your review, we will certainly look into getting the pool table back!

Location and security are fine, but toilets are a mess, specially early in the morning, after everyone came from the parties they have gone the night before, drunk, making a mess in the toilets. Plus I asked if I could take a shower Before my flight back home. The morning staff was kind and said Ok, but then the afternoon staff was very mean, saying i was not supposed to because i checked out. What? How come we can not use the facilities after the check out? Every hostel allows.

We appreciate your review. Our policy is that after checking out we cannot allow anyone who is not checked into a room into the guest area for security reasons and sometimes when we are busy we have just enough towels for our guests, so if we were to let our checked out guests use the facilities we might not have a towel for our guests who are checked in. We do not intend this to be a mean gesture. We hope you understand this and thanks for your feedback.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4