South Beach Hostel Reviews

235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, Florida, USA

5 mins to the beach. Very secure, fun, clean place. 6 person dorms are very cramped if full. Organised Pub crawls every night. Bar on site with a free drink on checkin. Only downside is it's down on 2nd st, so is a few blocks to walk to most places and a short Cab ride to the other end of south beach.

I hate to say that some guests didn't respect the rest and sleep of the others by screaming and laughing verdy loudly right in the middle of the night.Some came back drunk from the night club and woke me up sevral times during the night.....

• 5th Apr 2014

Facilities are very poor, got a cold shower most of the time (and wear some footwear) . Staff always seemed to be ticked off about something. Price was ok but there are far better hostels in a better location closer to beach and shops for similar $$$ do some shopping around

• 4th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

The hostel is only 5 min. away from the beach. They clean the bathrooms twice a day, the only thing that was dirty was my bed. The sheets of the person before me were still there and when i brought them to the reception the lady just left me standing there with dirty sheets, checking if she put me in the wrong room, instead of showing me where to put them. There isn't wifi in the room and there aren't cooking facilities. There is wifi in the lobby, but is noisy, cause the music is always on.

Best party ever. The guys from the hostel organize everything.

• 3rd Apr 2014

good location and friendly people. Wi-Fi is not available in room, you must go to lobby to use internet. everyday doing party but the music and noise are shut out by doors between rooms and lobby, so I could sleep comfortably. room is really tiny.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Japan

No kitchen. Please, even a hot plate where you could fry an egg. Too expensive to eat out all the time.

Excelent. Very good staff, and the people everybody were happy and friendly.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

Had a brilliant stay at SOBE hostel, met a fantastic bunch of people as well! Brilliant atmosphere especially at the main lobby/bar and great place to meet new people. Rooms were a bit small but sure you just need it to sleep! Showers I had to wait awhile for the water to heat up but nonetheless it done the job! Would definitely go back again!

2 night stay during the week. Quiet in second floor room despite electronic music festival in town. Convenient location between beach and restaurants.

• 25th Mar 2014

Great place to stay for those on a budget. Staff are great and the bar is the cheapest you'll find in Miami. The on thing I would say is that the rooms are small and can get really hot, especially if you're in a room with 6 people! But for all the time you spend in them you don't care!! Great hostel overall!

• 24th Mar 2014

A conveniently located hostel, with a good vibe and helpful staff. Main compliant: the bathroom stalls are so small you can hardly turn around in them. There seems to be room to make them bigger so please do!

One of the employees made a mistake telling me the check out time, so i had to run and they wanted me to pay more because of that. The same guy told my roomate that he could park on the front of the hostel and he received a ticket.. When i was packing to leave, 5 different employees knocked the door wanting to hurry my self up, so instead of helping it was the opposit. if we leave that behind, everything was good.

• 17th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

We are sorry to hear about the check out time mix up. All of our employees know that our check out time is 12pm which we keep later than most other hostels because we know Miami is a late night city. The reason for the fee is because we have a very small window of time to clean the rooms with our small housekeeping staff and we really aren't able to allow for late check outs. The check out time is posted around the hostel as well as on our website. We hope you stay with us again!

I think the people you meet is what really makes the hostel experience a good or bad one, but if I was to rate the hostel itself I'd have to say that it wasn't the best but wasn't the worst I've stayed at either. Due to the location it was a little more expensive than they average hostel, but you did get a lot in return it was very nice to have a shuttle included that picked me up from the airport, and breaky was decent too. The bar and lobby area is always busy so its easy to meet people!

Thank you for your honest review. We are glad you were able to use our free shuttle service from the airport to the hostel! We hope you stay with us the next time you are in Miami.

I only recommend this hostel to people who want to have fun and party the whole day. If you don't expect to be drunk your whole vacations don't go to SoBe hostel. There's no place for people who want to enjoy a relaxed vacations!

• 13th Mar 2014

We value your opinion. March is our busiest month because of spring break and the music festival. A lot of our guests this time of year are visiting Miami to enjoy the party life while they are on break from college. We try our best to keep the guest area quiet for those that choose to stay in. Our front desk staff monitors the noise levels in the guest area by doing walk through's and watching the security cameras to ensure the sleeping area is quiet. We hope you give us a try another time!

The bar tending staff were really friendly and helpful with recommendations. We met a lot of nice interesting people from around the world- def a good place to go if you're traveling and looking to meet people to hang out with- stay in the dorms! They just give you a pile of sheets instead of making your bed tho (c'mon).

• 13th Mar 2014

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We are proud of our bar and our friendly bar staff. We see a lot of lifelong friendships formed at our Hangout Bar with a few good drinks and some fun music! As far as the self service sheets go that is how we keep the cost low for you and to ensure that you have fresh sheets that no one has slept on before you. We hope to see you again at our hostel!

Quite disappointed especially about the price because a fee was added while in the original bill it was already there.

• 9th Mar 2014

Thank you for your feedback. The fee in which you are referring to is state and local tax in which we are required by law to add to the cost. It is noted on the Hostelworld reservation confirmation that 13% tax is excluded and we send you an email from the hostel with the full amount including the tax as soon as we input your reservation. We really hope you enjoyed your stay with us despite the price confusion.

4 bed mixed room was fine for the price - but pillows need to be replaced. Washrooms were gross. Solid place for a short 1-2 night stay. Well-located and decent bar to hang out and get to know other travellers.

Dirty and moldy showers; no hot water; very noisy at night

• 28th Feb 2014

Friendly staff. Good location (6-10 blocks north and it would have been perfect). The lobby and ground floor look good. The second floor is looking a little tired. Especially the bathroom. My room was sparse - two bunk beds a trash bin. A chair would have been good but anything more and it would have started to get cramped. There were good sized lockers under the bed. Bar OK for few drinks during happy hour but wouldn't pay full price for drinks here. The weekday price is fair value.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5