South Beach Hostel Reviews

235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

Great hostel, excellent location, really close to the beach, restaurants, supermarkets, bus stop and close to the best night clubs! Really awesome staff, they are super nice and friendly and try to help you with anything you need! Im definitely going to go back to this hostel!

• 24th Jul 2014

Hostel was in a great location minutes away from the beach. The staff were helpful, and the place was somewhat clean however the lock on the women's bathroom door was broken and I got locked in with another girl for 20 minutes until someone heard us banging on the door. Would've appreciated a sign letting us know.

Good location for partying and a nice and chilled bar area. Unfortunaltely no window in the bedroom.

Stronger wifi please! The rest was perfect

This is a SUPER Hostel in a SUPER location!!!!!!

Very easy to meet people,the staff were helpful and informative,and the location was perfect for the beach,partying or transport. Only complaint was that WiFi didn't work in the rooms. Gr8 place!

Really enjoyed this hostel. Very clean. Good big lockers and guests have to have a key card to access the hostel as well as individual rooms so felt very safe. Lots of organised activities and a great bar with good happy hour deals. Short walk/bus from the beach. Only downside is that the wifi doesn't reach the rooms and is only available in the common area. Really enjoyed our stay here.

sobe was live, and energetic -filled with people that just want to have fun- facilities are up to par- I've stayed there before and hated using there toilets and showers but everything is good now- they definitely improved upon anything that i did not appreciate before- location excellent- environment excellent-proximity to the beach great- the crowd they attract fun- but they should put a stove in the kitchen area, definitely worth staying -you should check the place out-they have my approval

Beds are typical wobbly hostel fare, but the in-house bar and next-door ceviche place are awesome!

The floor needed a good sweep in our room and in the lobby. The bathrooms lacked privacy. The staff were friendly and there were things to hire for the beach which was only two blocks away. The main nightlife strip was also really close. Air con in the room was good too in the Miami heat!

The only thing that bothered me was not finding a blender at the kitchen and also the water during shower would aleways go from hot to cold all of a sudden. Despite that I can't complain.

• 4th Jul 2014

I'm sure it is one of the best hostels in Miami. Forget down-town, there's nothing there, Just stay in South Beach. This hostel is a great place to chill out during the hot days and an awesome place to hangout during the night. The location is the best you can have: far away from all the Miami fuss but close enough from the best places and two steps away from the beach. It does everything that a hostel is suppose to do and nothing more.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Portugal

My first hostel experience. The facilities are really basic and the bed was the least comfortable of everywhere I've stayed. Still, they seem to really take care of the place and everyone was so nice, friendly, and helpful. I appreciated that the wifi worked in the rooms, the large lockers, the hot water in the showers, and the fact that they helped me lock up my bike each night. I would stay here again. Thanks!

Was a fantastic experience. The bar was crackinnnnnnn. All different types of age groups as well.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This was my first time staying at a hostel. I was really nervous. I emailed then before I arrived and Marciano got back to me within the hour. He was so helpful and accommodating. He got me and my friends all in the same room and gave me great info about the hostel. It was so clean. Especially the bathrooms. They provided clean linens everyday. Called us a cab for the airport. And the hostel is two mins from the beach and a 5 min can ride to all the Miami hotspots! Will definitely be back!!

• 26th Jun 2014

I really liked having a full bar downstairs.

I truly loved my stay at the SoBe. The location was a short walk to the beach, but also far away enough from the main hot spots of SB to have a relaxing atmosphere. There was a bar in the lobby of the hostel with very cheap beer. The bathrooms were cleaned and I had hot showers both mornings of my stay. My biggest issue was my bedroom. It happened to be located above the bar so I could hear all the music in my room making it very difficult to sleep. I changed rooms the next day no problem.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very happy with everything during our stay, except the attitude of most of the staff. With the exception of Jose at reception who was lovely and one friendly barmaid, all the other staff were non communicative and either impassive or rude - they were either on their phones or had earphones on and did not like when we requested any assistance. One male receptionist who was on his phone was extremely rude when we requested information about the WiFi.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Very good for a couple of days if you want to be in a very cheap hostel. Is perfect for you!!!

Cheapest hostel in Miami so don't expect the best. No private room and ensure avail so had to do a 4 bed dorm and share a bathroom. 2 of the bathroom showers in female didnt work, one didn't have a curtain and the toilets were usually always dirty. The staff are fine just don't go out of their way. The best thing about this place is the security and the awesome bar and club offers they have each night. Forgot how expensive Miami was but I guess I'm used to really good hostels being $20 US