South Beach Hostel Reviews

235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, Florida, USA

This hostel was good! The lobby/bar area is really fun, and happy hour offers extremely good deals on drinks! It's really close to the beach and right around the corner from the awesome pinks diner and Nikki beach. We stayed in a dorm of 6 beds which was never completely full. Compared to other hostels I've stayed at the room was extremely small, not much moving space. The beds aren't the comfiest but it's Miami, you should be up all night anyways! :) All in all, had a fun stay, love that city!

Good staff. A bit less toilets for to many people (at the guys restroom anyways). Good atmosphere, the bar is nice to meet others

• 19th Feb 2014

This was a great hostel, very clean and good facitilities.there was a great a good atmosphere and they organised a night out every night. The bar in the hostel was very cheap! The only downer would be that there was no oven or stove in the kitchen and the rooms were quite small.

This place was okay...it did the trick. It didn't excite me, but it was what it needed to be.

Regular padlock does not fit lockers which is really stupid. It would be nice to have 1 chair to sit on in the rooms.

• 14th Feb 2014

The best is the bar!

• 13th Feb 2014

Hostel is well located, close to the beach and nightlife bars and restaurants. Hostel is suitable for young people... who want to have fun. Staff at reception were always helpful and nice. Cleanliness in the showers and the toilets could be better. Beds are probably older, and mattresses are not comfortable to sleep. Breakfast was okay.

I enjoyed my brief stay. Great location, helpful staff. A set of earplugs might be useful in the bar area. The music is very loud and aimed at the 20 year old crowd, not unsuprisingly since the average age of the hostelers looked to be in the lower 20's. Although I'm in my mid 60's everyone was friendly and there was an interesting mix of nationalities. I highly recommend the this hostel, it is a bargain. Be sure to check out the cheap public bus from the airport to this area.

• 6th Feb 2014

Had a great time at the hostel. The staff were very helpful and friendly at all times. The bar was a lot of fun and had a good happy hour! The bathroom upstairs had plenty of showers so that I never had to wait. Only things I would change would be to add more activities other than just big clubs every night and to add little lights/shelves near the beds, especially the top bunk where it is very easy to have things like your phone or water fall off in the night.

• 5th Feb 2014

rental service for beach is good, breakfast is simple but okay, 3 block from beach and close to park

My room was extremely small and it had a very small window. I slept in the upper bed and I hit my head with the roof all the time. The showers had hairs on the wall. In the lobby there was an ugly smell.

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Argentina

The kitchen has no stove to cook on and with the high prices of South Beach it would be an asset to be able to cook our own food instead of always spending money in restaurants or eateries that charge an arm and a leg for a salad (almost $ 8.00 for just a small bowl of salad and another $5.00 for a bit of tuna or chicken - really?).

website looks much better than the hostel in reality

• 2nd Feb 2014

nice atmosphere, the bar is an awesome place to meet people. staff is quite friendly and helpful. the beds are very narrow, but they have quite spacious lockers. location is great, as you can walk to the beach. everything was clean. i'd definitely go there again.

The staff are the most friendly and helpful I have encountered at any hostel!

• 26th Jan 2014

This was by far the worst hostel I stayed in. We arrived with a group of 3. First we got a 6 bed room instead our booked 4 bed room. Next thing to complain about was the lack of cleanliness. Dirty towels, dirty beds, dirt everywhere. Not to talk about the smelly floors and rooms. Last but not least the staff was far away from being friendly and competent. I stayed in this hostel for the second time since 2011. There was not much seen from the announced renovation..overall recommended to nobody!

• 24th Jan 2014

Awesome staff! Only complaint is small rooms and not the cleanest showers but everything else was great I'd definitely stay again and recommend to a friend!

Nothing wrong with this place but nothing too special bout it either. Beds were pretty average but the bar downstairs was a great way to meet people. Staff very helpful.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to anyone! I found the hostel to be extremely clean and the staff to be especially friendly. I brought an expensive cello that I was able to practice on while there and able to store without any security issues whatsoever. The location is unbeatable...minutes from the beach and very close to a lot of shops and such. I will definitely be back!

• 17th Jan 2014

The localization is excellentt , and the hostel has a louge and a bar thatr you can meet people. ll will came back!

• 16th Jan 2014