South Beach Hostel Reviews

235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

Just problems with the hot water, everything els was very good.

• 1st May 2014
  • Mexico

Thank you for your review! We are very sorry there was a problem with the hot water during your stay with us. The problem has since been fixed. We hope you can come stay with us again!

It is recommended not to bring your car when staying at the hostel because parking is very expensive.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Philippines

Parking is indeed difficult on South Beach! I hope you knew about our parking passes available for rent. These are $15 per day and require a $50 cash deposit. These can save some money compared to the $1.75 per hour on the street! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again!

Great location, only two blocks from the beach, friendly and helpful staff, rooms with ac, nice bar , there a cebiche bar just next door with wonderful food. Stayed a bit over a week and no regrets.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • mauriciokimura

Thank you so much for your review and kind words! We hope you will come back and stay with us when you are in South Beach!

Great location. Friendly staff. Social activities always. Will come back definitely and would highly recommend.

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and the activities we plan such as our club nights and bar special nights! We really appreciate the good review and rating! We will be happy to have you as our guest next time you are in South Beach.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The bar was great, awesome prices and they let me watch basketball whenever I wanted!

Thank you for your review! We are happy to have the Hangout Bar in our lobby and the surrounding tvs to play the Heat game when it comes on, as well as whatever other sports people ask to watch. We hope you come watch basketball with us again!

Great location for the price. Typical hostel. Clean, friendly, secure. Over 21 guests get a free drink in the lobby bar which was awesome. The lobby bar was also a good place to hangout and meet people The only complaints I have are: 1) beds have no blankets, just a flat sheet. This wouldn't be a problem if this was mentioned somewhere on the website so that visitors can prepare for it by bringing their own. 2) very cramped toilets and bathrooms

• 19th Apr 2014

Good location, relatively close to all major attractions in South Beach. Literally right next to popular party spots like Nikki Beach or Story nightclub if you came to Miami for that. Possibility to meet other guests with the pub and nightly outings. Only downside would be that bathrooms are on the smaller side considering that they are shared by several rooms. Overall, still a good place to stay for the price.

We appreciate your feedback! We are happy to be in the SoFi (South of Fifth) section of Miami because of how close we are to the beach and some great nightclubs that we have special entry to through our house promoter. We are always looking to improve and will certainly look into the size of the bathrooms. We hope you stay with us again!

The hostel is great (excellent location, very friendly staff, yummy ceviche place right next door) but the 6-bed dorms are extremely small :((

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are looking into the six bed dorms to see how we can improve the space issue that you mentioned. We hope you will come back and stay with us again!

I definetely like the hostel! The place is very clear, people are a lot of fun, price is very good. I would go back to this hostel for sure.

Thank you for your kind review! We will be happy to have you as our guest again.

SoBe Hostel was really good! The location is good, the rooms are nice and it's clean. The staff is so friendly and helpful and really helped me and my friends to a great time at SoBe. I totally loved the atmosphere and the hangout bar. I don't have anything bad to say about my stay there. A big plus are the low prices, the breakfast and the possibility to use their beach umbrellas.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We are proud to have a full bar, free breakfast and a less than 5 minute walk to the beach. Thank you for providing your review and we hope to see you at our hostel again!

Liked the hostel, as it is located in a quiet, but still well located place. Close to the beach and to Ocean Drive (bars/restaurants). As it has a happy hour every night and an offer in cooperation with some club, you meet a lot of fellow travellers, which is great travelling alone! :) Rooms are small, but clean. Beds are okay - not too comfortable, but what more do you expect for this price in South beach?! ;) Recommendable, if you are up to meet people and party - not, if you come to relax.

don´t like, we didn't have internet in rooms, only in lobby, the price versus the rooms was really expensive I reserved a private room and they showed a really DIFFERENT Photos that really was the hostel. very disappointed of this hostel

We are sorry to hear you were unhappy. I'm not sure which pictures you are referring to however as our Hostelworld pictures are current pictures. We keep the internet in the lobby so that people spend less time in their rooms and more time meeting other travelers. We want to provide an environment for people to meet other travelers and make memories while they are in South Beach. We hope you found some time to make some friends while you were here. Again we are sorry you were not happy.

Very noisy, very bad mattresses, no A/C in our room, the towels reek, shower curtains are molded

We are sorry to hear you were unhappy. If there was a problem with our towels we hope that you brought it to the attention of the front desk so they could replace your towel. All of our linens and towels are professionally washed daily to ensure each guest gets a fresh clean towel and clean sheets to sleep on.During spring break the hostel is a bit nosier than usual because of all the students celebrating a break from school, although we try to keep the guest area quiet.We hope you try us again.

I've been there a few days. For this price you won't find a better hostel in South Beach. If you're more into party you should book a hostel nearer to Ocean Ave. But this worked for me I'm not such a party person and it's really hard to find an affordable. clean and nice place in Miami. Wifi is not that good at the hostel, officially just works in the lobby, but surprisingly worked in my 4 bed female dorm upstairs. The lockers under the bunk beds were nice, just the matresses are not so good.

5 mins to the beach. Very secure, fun, clean place. 6 person dorms are very cramped if full. Organised Pub crawls every night. Bar on site with a free drink on checkin. Only downside is it's down on 2nd st, so is a few blocks to walk to most places and a short Cab ride to the other end of south beach.

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed our hostel as well as our club nights and full bar. Next time ask the front desk about the SoBe Local bus which goes all around South Beach for 25 cents so you don't have to spend money on cabs. Thanks for staying at SoBe Hostel!

I would recommend South Beach Hostel. Staff is nice. Beds are ok. Lockers are big enough. Breakfast is decent. They have outings every night and a bar is available downstairs for guests only. You meet loads of nice people. The only thing I could reproch is the cleanliness and the shabbiness of the showers which were tough not to frown upon.

I hate to say that some guests didn't respect the rest and sleep of the others by screaming and laughing verdy loudly right in the middle of the night.Some came back drunk from the night club and woke me up sevral times during the night.....

• 5th Apr 2014

Facilities are very poor, got a cold shower most of the time (and wear some footwear) . Staff always seemed to be ticked off about something. Price was ok but there are far better hostels in a better location closer to beach and shops for similar $$$ do some shopping around

• 4th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

The hostel is only 5 min. away from the beach. They clean the bathrooms twice a day, the only thing that was dirty was my bed. The sheets of the person before me were still there and when i brought them to the reception the lady just left me standing there with dirty sheets, checking if she put me in the wrong room, instead of showing me where to put them. There isn't wifi in the room and there aren't cooking facilities. There is wifi in the lobby, but is noisy, cause the music is always on.

Best party ever. The guys from the hostel organize everything.

• 3rd Apr 2014