South Beach Hostel Reviews

235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

Excellent! Was my second time there and i really enjoyed ... the staff are awesome and polite.

Thank you for choosing SoBe Hostel twice! We are very proud of our helpful and friendly staff. Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again!

If you want to stay calm and quite then is would be your right choice.

Toilets are awful, bedrooms are too much hot and the staff are too little friendly.

• 12th May 2014

We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your stay. All our rooms have ac, perhaps yours was not working? We hope you let the front desk know so they could have had someone fix this problem. We ask our staff to be friendly and helpful and we think they do a good job handling the large amount of guests we have. I hope you were able to speak to management if you felt you were not taken care of properly. Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel, even if its not the kind we like to see.

Staff were friendly and helpful and beds were comfy. The air con wasn't the best but we didn't actually mind. Occasionally the bathrooms can appear a little grubby but I'm not sure if that's just the way the stone looks in the showers etc. You are a ten minute walk from the main Miami beach strip and two minutes from the beach. Great location! Fun atmosphere in the evenings and great bar area to hang out or party :)

• 11th May 2014

Everything was great. Excellent location.

We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for your review and please come visit again!

Perfect place. I like this hostel.

Thank you! We like you too! Thanks for your feedback we hope to see you again.

Perfect place to stay.although no pool table

• 7th May 2014

Thanks for your review, we will certainly look into getting the pool table back!

Location and security are fine, but toilets are a mess, specially early in the morning, after everyone came from the parties they have gone the night before, drunk, making a mess in the toilets. Plus I asked if I could take a shower Before my flight back home. The morning staff was kind and said Ok, but then the afternoon staff was very mean, saying i was not supposed to because i checked out. What? How come we can not use the facilities after the check out? Every hostel allows.

We appreciate your review. Our policy is that after checking out we cannot allow anyone who is not checked into a room into the guest area for security reasons and sometimes when we are busy we have just enough towels for our guests, so if we were to let our checked out guests use the facilities we might not have a towel for our guests who are checked in. We do not intend this to be a mean gesture. We hope you understand this and thanks for your feedback.

the problem of no doors to bathroom should be looked into

• 2nd May 2014
  • India

It was disgusting! The room for 6 females was terrible. Imagine a walk in closet with 3 bunk beds crammed into there

Thank you for your honest review. If something was dirty in the hostel I hope you brought it to the front desk's attention so the housekeeping could take care of it. We are always looking into how to improve our dorm rooms and we will take your review into account.

Just problems with the hot water, everything els was very good.

• 1st May 2014
  • Mexico

Thank you for your review! We are very sorry there was a problem with the hot water during your stay with us. The problem has since been fixed. We hope you can come stay with us again!

It is recommended not to bring your car when staying at the hostel because parking is very expensive.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Philippines

Parking is indeed difficult on South Beach! I hope you knew about our parking passes available for rent. These are $15 per day and require a $50 cash deposit. These can save some money compared to the $1.75 per hour on the street! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again!

Great location, only two blocks from the beach, friendly and helpful staff, rooms with ac, nice bar , there a cebiche bar just next door with wonderful food. Stayed a bit over a week and no regrets.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • mauriciokimura

Thank you so much for your review and kind words! We hope you will come back and stay with us when you are in South Beach!

Great location. Friendly staff. Social activities always. Will come back definitely and would highly recommend.

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and the activities we plan such as our club nights and bar special nights! We really appreciate the good review and rating! We will be happy to have you as our guest next time you are in South Beach.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The bar was great, awesome prices and they let me watch basketball whenever I wanted!

Thank you for your review! We are happy to have the Hangout Bar in our lobby and the surrounding tvs to play the Heat game when it comes on, as well as whatever other sports people ask to watch. We hope you come watch basketball with us again!

Great location for the price. Typical hostel. Clean, friendly, secure. Over 21 guests get a free drink in the lobby bar which was awesome. The lobby bar was also a good place to hangout and meet people The only complaints I have are: 1) beds have no blankets, just a flat sheet. This wouldn't be a problem if this was mentioned somewhere on the website so that visitors can prepare for it by bringing their own. 2) very cramped toilets and bathrooms

• 19th Apr 2014

Good location, relatively close to all major attractions in South Beach. Literally right next to popular party spots like Nikki Beach or Story nightclub if you came to Miami for that. Possibility to meet other guests with the pub and nightly outings. Only downside would be that bathrooms are on the smaller side considering that they are shared by several rooms. Overall, still a good place to stay for the price.

We appreciate your feedback! We are happy to be in the SoFi (South of Fifth) section of Miami because of how close we are to the beach and some great nightclubs that we have special entry to through our house promoter. We are always looking to improve and will certainly look into the size of the bathrooms. We hope you stay with us again!

The hostel is great (excellent location, very friendly staff, yummy ceviche place right next door) but the 6-bed dorms are extremely small :((

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are looking into the six bed dorms to see how we can improve the space issue that you mentioned. We hope you will come back and stay with us again!

I definetely like the hostel! The place is very clear, people are a lot of fun, price is very good. I would go back to this hostel for sure.

Thank you for your kind review! We will be happy to have you as our guest again.

SoBe Hostel was really good! The location is good, the rooms are nice and it's clean. The staff is so friendly and helpful and really helped me and my friends to a great time at SoBe. I totally loved the atmosphere and the hangout bar. I don't have anything bad to say about my stay there. A big plus are the low prices, the breakfast and the possibility to use their beach umbrellas.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We are proud to have a full bar, free breakfast and a less than 5 minute walk to the beach. Thank you for providing your review and we hope to see you at our hostel again!